Mika's Signature , Written things and drawings thread

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Much better to have a personal invaluable moment like that, than your name scribbled somewhere, IMHO.

True. The moment that Mika took the present from me, looked me in the eyes

and said 'thank you' is more valuable for me than the signed shirt :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

I think I saw you sitting in the grass (was it grass?) when all the people walked away after the signing, amiright? With some others too

YA! that was us

We got a blanket , chilled out and chatted !

Keep them coming! we already have a wealth of things in here

yes, I fully agree. I have siggies (not that many as I can count them on one hand) but I don't value them as much as my personal moments in Berlin and Dublin or a special post on twitter :wub2: ... but similarly, special concert moments stay with me, too and I think of them more often than the signitures. In fact, I decided not to ask for more until the third album. :teehee:

I guess many people will feel that , for others a small drawing , signature etc would mean a lot .. and this is the thread for that:thumb_yello:

I had this total obsession about getting my Songs for Sorrow book signed. I carried it round everywhere Mika-related in Tokyo in Nov/Dec 2009, to no avail. People told me I was crazy, and if Mika signed something he might sign without even looking at your face...got me all worried...but on the off-chance I would FINALLY be able to get the book signed, I carted it with me to Belfast and then Dublin.

And so it was Dublin, finally, where I am happy to report, not only did Mika sign it, but we had a special little exchange of words and he did actually look at me. Though I was worried for a bit.

Then in Tokyo this year we got our programs signed which was TOTALLY hilarious, the stuff he wrote:aah: I now feel like I have reached my personal pinnacle of all signatures, and will never need another one unless Mika decides he needs to spontaneously hand-write me a personal note for some reason :lmao:

P1000057-1.jpg

(and if you cannot read his writing, it says

To Iona the Great

3 hearts

Mika

oh...and

"OMFG you are amazing!!!")

Edited by Blue Sky

Yes there is no way you are ever going to top "Iona, OMFG you are amazing!!" You may as well stop there. :lmfao:

I don't think I'll ever ask for another signature again, but you never know. Didn't think I'd ask for the first one!

I definitely won't be asking him to sign random things just to have a reason to interact with him in a queue after the gig though. I think that's where you're selling your experience short and wasting a moment with him if you've already got lots of signatures and don't "need" another.

Obviously it's different for someone who's never had an autograph and wants one or they've got something very special they want signed. DaMango had a little white doll thing (sorry can't recall what it was :aah:)...it was basically a blank canvas for Mika to draw on so it was the ideal thing to hand to him to sign in the hopes of getting back something unique and not just "Mika x".

I had this total obsession about getting my Songs for Sorrow book signed. I carried it round everywhere Mika-related in Tokyo in Nov/Dec 2009, to no avail. People told me I was crazy, and if Mika signed something he might sign without even looking at your face...got me all worried...but on the off-chance I would FINALLY be able to get the book signed, I carted it with me to Belfast and then Dublin.

And so it was Dublin, finally, where I am happy to report, not only did Mika sign it, but we had a special little exchange of words and he did actually look at me. Though I was worried for a bit.

Then in Tokyo this year we got our programs signed which was TOTALLY hilarious, the stuff he wrote:aah: I now feel like I have reached my personal pinnacle of all signatures, and will never need another one unless Mika decides he needs to spontaneously hand-write me a personal note for some reason :lmao:

P1000057-1.jpg

To Iona the Great

3 hearts

Mika

oh...and

I like how he wrote "OMG God" and not just "OMG" lmfao!

it was basically a blank canvas for Mika to draw on so it was the ideal thing to hand to him to sign in the hopes of getting back something unique and not just "Mika x".

I had a blank canvas last time too ...

p1010002border.jpg

He only was so busy talking, laughing and getting confused that he kinda missed the idea I guess :aah: But I couldn't tell him again that he was doing something "wrong" .. :aah::roftl:

But the whole moment, the little meeting, means a lot more to me than that autograph .. It was so special :wub2: (and funny :aah:)

Its 'you', not 'God' :teehee: Or isn't that what you're reffering too? :aah:

But that one great thing to have!! Wauw!! :biggrin2:

True. The moment that Mika took the present from me, looked me in the eyes

and said 'thank you' is more valuable for me than the signed shirt :blush-anim-cl:

Yep, that is what I mean. :wub2:The magic of that moment is the best.

I'm not saying that sigs don't have value, as I love the ones that I got, especially the ones with special messages like the one I got in Japan where he called me "Sara the mighty", but I still treasure my moments with him more than the actual signatures. That's all that I meant.

P1000057-1.jpg

To Iona the Great

3 hearts

Mika

oh...and

Oh lordie, I couldn't believe my eyes when he wrote you that one :lmfao: There's no way that anything can ever top that, I'm afraid.

You totally hit the signature jackpot there :fangirl:

Oh Caz, it's not "GOD" :roftl:

Its 'you', not 'God' :teehee: Or isn't that what you're reffering too? :aah:

:naughty: Yes, you're right, it's "YOU"

Edited by sariflor

I guess many people will feel that , for others a small drawing , signature etc would mean a lot .. and this is the thread for that:thumb_yello:

Well, of course his drawing and signitures mean a lot to me, and hence I am not posting them here...:teehee:

This is the way I am - the more special something is to me the less I speak about it. Like any small conversation I might have had with him, I might mention it to some people in person but not publicly since it loses its special value to me. However, we are all different and I do not expect others to act the same way. For example, I understand that some fans prefer to have something Mika related from each and every gig they have been to, in form of either a signiture or a drawing, whilst I don't even bother to keep all my tickets ...:teehee:

Of course, if he wrote a dedication to me that I was amazing, I would not only post it but probably put it in my signature, too :roftl:, but that's not going to happen as I have never done anything to impress him that much...:no:

Actually, I never really looked at this thread as I thought it was just about posting pictures of Mika's siggies like "to John Doe Love Mika" and these are not of much an interest to me. However, I love discussions on how people relate to having Mika related / signed stuff and also discussions on the circumstances these signatures have been given etc - in other words, I like discussions..:biggrin2:

Edited by suzie

p1010002border.jpg

Oh no!!! :lmfao:

Of course, if he wrote a dedication to me that I was amazing, I would not only post it but probably put it in my signature, too :roftl:, but that's not going to happen as I have never done anything to impress him that much...:no:

Oh you never know. :wink2:

I think the OMFG part is not going to happen twice though. :roftl:

Well, of course his drawing and signitures mean a lot to me, and hence I am not posting them here...:teehee:

This is the way I am - the more special something is to me the less I speak about it. Like any small conversation I might have had with him, I might mention it to some people in person but not publicly since it loses its special value to me. However, we are all different and I do not expect others to act the same way. For example, I understand that some fans prefer to have something Mika related from each and every gig they have been to, in form of either a signiture or a drawing, whilst I don't even bother to keep all my tickets ...:teehee:

Actually, I never really looked at this thread as I thought it was just about posting pictures of Mika's siggies like "to John Doe Love Mika" and these are not of much an interest to me. However, I love discussions on how people relate to having Mika related / signed stuff and also discussions on the circumstances these signatures have been given etc - in other words, I like discussions..:biggrin2:

I think it's a great place for people, who have only had maybe one or two sigs, and maybe one of them being something more than just"Mika xxx", and who are excited about it and wanting to share that with everyone. I think it's really sweet.

I agree, that not everyone will want to post on here, and want to keep theirs to themselves, which is understandable. I have a couple myself that I wouldn't put on here as they are special to me, but I have a few others that I'm happy to post, like the one in my sigi, and the one on my Freak shirt (if I ever get around to taking a pic of it:naughty:).

I keep saying at every gig, I'm not going to ask again, but for some reason, I do, and after wished I hadn't, as I have so many. But from doing it, have had many funny moments with him, and some really sweet ones, that I don't know that I would have had, if I hadn't asked for a signature, due to the fact that the lines are so long he's in a rush to get down them, so not really looking to chat. I guess that's what started the Random Questions, which I haven't really done much this tour, but hope to start again next time.

wow you guys have made me so jealous here >.<

Mika's handwriting is so lovely, his signature too.. I want one! T.T

I have wanted to reply to you since I saw your post but I have just managed the time to do so..

I can perfectly understand what you mean by desparately wanting to have Mika’s autograph. :wink2: Even before attending any of his shows I felt the same, simply because he is so talented and truely unique in many ways. There is only one other artist I have the signiture of, and it is because I also like(d) him both as a musician and as a person. Autographs from any other celebrities I couldn’t care less, really. So to me, having the autograph of this young guy I ADORE for some strange reason, really means a lot. However, having seen / met Mika a couple of times, I realise that I actualy get much more from him in some other moments whether that be a small chat or the gigs themselves. I can’t think of any other artist who gives so much back to their fans, for he gives you his attention and that is something you cannot put in a box or frame it but have it in your heart 4 evah :pinkbow:.

Based on your location I am guessing you might not even have had the chance to see him live, so I wish you that experience first and then an autograph. :wink2:.

I keep saying at every gig, I'm not going to ask again, but for some reason, I do, and after wished I hadn't, as I have so many. But from doing it, have had many funny moments with him, and some really sweet ones, that I don't know that I would have had, if I hadn't asked for a signature, due to the fact that the lines are so long he's in a rush to get down them, so not really looking to chat. I guess that's what started the Random Questions, which I haven't really done much this tour, but hope to start again next time.

Random questions? what is that? :teehee:

I have wanted to reply to you since I saw your post but I have just managed the time to do so..

I can perfectly understand what you mean by desparately wanting to have Mika’s autograph. :wink2: Even before attending any of his shows I felt the same, simply because he is so talented and truely unique in many ways. There is only one other artist I have the signiture of, and it is because I also like(d) him both as a musician and as a person. Autographs from any other celebrities I couldn’t care less, really. So to me, having the autograph of this young guy I ADORE for some strange reason, really means a lot. However, having seen / met Mika a couple of times, I realise that I actualy get much more from him in some other moments whether that be a small chat or the gigs themselves. I can’t think of any other artist who gives so much back to their fans, for he gives you his attention and that is something you cannot put in a box or frame it but have it in your heart 4 evah :pinkbow:.

Based on your location I am guessing you might not even have had the chance to see him live, so I wish you that experience first and then an autograph. :wink2:.

Thank you for understanding :cheerful_h4h:

It will be very meaningful to me if I can have even one 'souvenir' from his gigs, I dont care if it just a second moment I meet his eyes, or whatever, but I wanna have a memory of meeting someone I adore so much, and from that meeting I want something to remind me of that moment.

You are all so lucky :aah:

Btw I'm thinking of another way..Can I send something to him (ex: his CD booklet) and ask him to sign it? If can, should I send it here? http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php?faq=mo#faq_mo_1

And still, even if the chance is very small that he will visit my country, I'm still hoping.. *finger crossed*

Already ask a promotor here, hope they'll bring Mika to Indonesia. Wish me luck :blush-anim-cl:

Btw I'm thinking of another way..Can I send something to him (ex: his CD booklet) and ask him to sign it? If can, should I send it here? http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php?faq=mo#faq_mo_1

I'm not sure, actually. I know you can send him things there but I don't know if they will be returned. :blink:

Quite a few people have gotten their first autograph because another fan was able to get them something at a gig. That's one of the nice things about being part of a fan club with people all over the world.

We also have competitions on MFC and sometimes include autographed items like CDs, so keep an eye out.

And still, even if the chance is very small that he will visit my country, I'm still hoping.. *finger crossed*

Already ask a promotor here, hope they'll bring Mika to Indonesia. Wish me luck :blush-anim-cl:

I saw on Twitter that Mika noticed some Indonesian fans were campaigning for him to go there. I'll wish you luck that it happens. :biggrin2:

Random questions? what is that? :teehee:

Yeah, it's been so long, I'm not surprised people have forgotten:naughty:

Edited by RAK1

DaMango had a little white doll thing (sorry can't recall what it was :aah:)...it was basically a blank canvas for Mika to draw on so it was the ideal thing to hand to him to sign in the hopes of getting back something unique and not just "Mika x".

That's such an fantastic idea!

p1010002border.jpg

AHA. AHAHA. That's hilarous! :roftl:

However, I love discussions on how people relate to having Mika related / signed stuff and also discussions on the circumstances these signatures have been given etc - in other words, I like discussions..:biggrin2:

I agree. Although I don't have either (an autograph or the chance to talk to him) I think that a conversation would be more important to me. (Actually, taking a photo with him would be the most amazing thing. :lol3:) I mean, I guess I wouldn't know until (if) the chances arises but that's what I think. I always love hearing the stories about how people got the autograph/what Mika said to them etc, more so than the autograph itself.

It will be very meaningful to me if I can have even one 'souvenir' from his gigs...

You might find the biggest souvenier is the actual concert itself, and meeting fellow MFCers. It's just too much fun!

Edited by iadoremika

I think thats interesting but its hard for people like us (over 3 years on the MFC) to relate to newbies for example , or someone that has not got anything.Everyones expectations are different,same as some (me) like to post and describe the whole experience while others tend to hold back and keep it to themselves ... tis life and life choices:thumb_yello:

Maybe you can open a thread "do you like to keep Mika and personnel experiences to yourself or post them" and it can all be discussed to your hearts content:biggrin2:

I think thats interesting but its hard for people like us (over 3 years on the MFC) to relate to newbies for example , or someone that has not got anything.Everyones expectations are different,same as some (me) like to post and describe the whole experience while others tend to hold back and keep it to themselves ... tis life and life choices:thumb_yello:

so you think I cannot relate to other people's feelings now? :boxed:

I actually thought that you were the last person that would have needed to be reminded of how this was a forum where we communicate with each other and not simply post pictures of Mika related stuff and adore them.:shocked:

Maybe you can open a thread "do you like to keep Mika and personnel experiences to yourself or post them" and it can all be discussed to your hearts content:biggrin2:

:blink:I guess you are trying to be funny here...:blink:

:doh:

ha ha :cool:

It will be very meaningful to me if I can have even one 'souvenir' from his gigs, I dont care if it just a second moment I meet his eyes, or whatever, but I wanna have a memory of meeting someone I adore so much, and from that meeting I want something to remind me of that moment.

yes, even a souvenir like the ticket or a photo you take during the performance can mean a lot afterwards... :wink2:

I meant to write it in my first reply as well, but I forgot to, that he did release signed copies of the album, too, that were on sale at online HMV stores. I am not sure if any similar offer ever existed or exists in Asia (as far as I remember, that original offer was for Europe only)

I wish you luck..:original:

No Suzie .. its a thread.. as others have stated to post things that Mika has drawn / written etc .. I dont think its needed to debate IF we should .. I just gave you another option

Seems you have hidden issues here , I PMed you .. always open for chats:biggrin2:

No Suzie .. its a thread.. as others have stated to post things that Mika has drawn / written etc .. I dont think its needed to debate IF we should .. I just gave you another option

Seems you have hidden issues here , I PMed you .. always open for chats:biggrin2:

Hey, I don't think that anyone's debating if it should be posted or not, or saying what anyone should do or feel.

On the contrary, everyone's agreed that different people may have different views and respected it. :original: