Excited to be here

Scififilmnerd

Dear fellow Mika fans

I am very excited to have discovered this fanclub and look forward to interacting with you all here and learning more about everything Mika.

I discovered Mika back in 2007 (it doesn't really seem like all that long ago) when I saw the video for Grace Kelly on TV and heard Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) on the radio. I bought his Life In Cartoon Motion album and loved it so much, I also bought all his b-sides on iTunes and signed up for the exclusive content on mikasounds.com, although I didn't really get anything other than news until Let It Snow last year.

Then I made sure I got the deluxe edition of his second album and I loved that too.

I didn't see Mika live until his Danish concert earlier this year. I thought of playing groupie, but figured I was probably too old for that. (I'm 41.) But Mika is just so hot. :biggrin2:

After the concert I went Mika crazy and discovered the wealth of Mika live performances and outtakes/demos on youtube - and one of those videos had an advertisement for this site, so here I am.

My favorite Mika songs at the moment are My Interpretation, Satellite, Blue Eyes and One Foot Boy. :-)

My username, Scififilmnerd, is one that I use on all the sites I'm a member of, so you can always peep me out, if you meet me elsewhere. Most notably, I've been on prince.org since 2003, where I published some critically acclaimed articles on Prince's 1993-1996 years last year.

Love

Michael

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see Mika live until his Danish concert earlier this year. I thought of playing groupie, but figured I was probably too old for that. (I'm 41.) But Mika is just so hot. :biggrin2:

After the concert I went Mika crazy and discovered the wealth of Mika live performances and outtakes/demos on youtube - and one of those videos had an advertisement for this site, so here I am.

:welcomeani: Michael and thanks for the interesting, detailed introduction! :thumb_yello:

You're never too old for "playing groupie" (we call that "to fangurl" in here and even have a lovely smiley for it: :fangurl:) or finding Mika hot :wink2:

Have fun, you've found a place full of like-minded people of every age! :biggrin2:

welcome to mfc! :yay:

i'm glad you found your way to us! :blush-anim-cl:

don't worry about your age, some of us are older then 41 :fisch:

:naughty:

as a matter of fact, there is quite a few of us in our 40s. i think when it comes to mika, age really doesn't matter that much.

i didn't think i would go to a concert either, but then after reading the mfc for a while, i noticed that even the 40+ went to the concert. :yay:

so i went! twice! :aah:

I saw you like 'Satellite'' date=' but I never heard that song before :). I'd like to discover many other songs I don't know yet :D!

[/quote']

Satellite was the b-side of a Grace Kelly single released on iTunes 5 February 2007. :original:

Satellite was the b-side of a Grace Kelly single released on iTunes 5 February 2007. :original:

It was also some versions of the Life in Cartoon Motion CD -- it's a fabulous

cover, I agree! :wub2:

And thanks for the nice intro! Never worry about being "too old" on this

forum -- I'm older than you by... well, by enough... I'm just sayin'... :mf_rosetinted:

:welcomeani:

welcome! :biggrin2:

so the advertising in the youtube videos helps? fab. :biggrin2: tiibet, maybe you should put a link to mfc in your vids as well, as yours are the best & probably most watched ones! :bleh:

Michael?? :blink: could it be?? :shocked::biggrin2: We had a discussion before about Mika entering MFC and post around.. :fisch:

Keep an eye on you, young man..:mf_rosetinted:

Welcome over here in this total sane place.. :biggrin2::blink::mf_rosetinted:

Dear fellow Mika fans

I am very excited to have discovered this fanclub and look forward to interacting with you all here and learning more about everything Mika.

I discovered Mika back in 2007 (it doesn't really seem like all that long ago) when I saw the video for Grace Kelly on TV and heard Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) on the radio. I bought his Life In Cartoon Motion album and loved it so much, I also bought all his b-sides on iTunes and signed up for the exclusive content on mikasounds.com, although I didn't really get anything other than news until Let It Snow last year.

Then I made sure I got the deluxe edition of his second album and I loved that too.

My favorite Mika songs at the moment are My Interpretation, Satellite, Blue Eyes and One Foot Boy. :-)

My username, Scififilmnerd, is one that I use on all the sites I'm a member of, so you can always peep me out, if you meet me elsewhere. Most notably, I've been on prince.org since 2003, where I published some critically acclaimed articles on Prince's 1993-1996 years last year.

Love

Michael

Hello Michael!

I take this moment to Welcome you to MFC!

We're never too old for whatever we wish to be living, to tell you the truth there's no age or time that stop a forever young soul.

Have lots of joy!

Sounds like you know your way round on fan forums Michael! Welcome to MFC, and look forward to your critically acclaimed articles about Mika in future!

(Just don't use our 3 years of MFC posts as fodder:aah: :wink2:)

What a lovely detailed introduction! Welcome Micheal! I am sure you will love it here!

I do agree that Mika is absolutely hot! And i too started liking him in 2007 after seeing Grace Kelly on TV.

I am still hoping for him to come to my country! :tears: but anyways, welcome again.:thumb_yello:

Archived