• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"reach out to me" :thumb_yello:

Well, I figured you would see this, since this is your thread :naughty:

I've found my bit, do you still have yours around somewhere? :blink:

I dont think I doooo .. I need to regress nearly 4 years and think .. (could be harder than you first think:aah:)

Joking aside Ill write something down:thumb_yello:

oh Freddie, I'm sorry to hear that... I've been here only for a year or so and never got the chance to meet you at a gig but I want to thank you for your amazing job on MFC :thumb_yello:

I'm sur deb will do a great Job :wink2:

but I can't help feeling a bit as if our little "village" had lost his "Papa Smurf" :naughty:

I dont think I doooo .. I need to regress nearly 4 years and think .. (could be harder than you first think:aah:)

Joking aside Ill write something down:thumb_yello:

Just a thought, but didn't you say you wrote it all down for the yearbook 2009? Maybe someone has a copy of the yearbook or (as far as i remember) it's available for download? Instead of writing everything down again, you could just copy it from the book 2009 then?

Correct me if i understood that wrong :blush-anim-cl:

Just a thought, but didn't you say you wrote it all down for the yearbook 2009? Maybe someone has a copy of the yearbook or (as far as i remember) it's available for download? Instead of writing everything down again, you could just copy it from the book 2009 then?

Correct me if i understood that wrong :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, I first thought it was the yearbook, but then I remembered it was

actually last year's birthday project -- If FD doesn't have what he wrote,

I'll need to contact avoca and see if she still has it somewhere. The photos

she took of the birthday book are too small for me to read the text on the

page... and not just because I'm so old :wheelchair:

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif so sad to hear this... i'll miss you as an admin freddie! :huglove: but glad that you're still staying on the mod team. :wub2: and of course deb has my full support as well! :thumb_yello:

so with all that time you have now, surely you can make it to cattolica? :biggrin2::naughty:

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif so sad to hear this... i'll miss you as an admin freddie! :huglove: but glad that you're still staying on the mod team. :wub2: and of course deb has my full support as well! :thumb_yello:

so with all that time you have now, surely you can make it to cattolica? :biggrin2::naughty:

Awwwww how sweet :wub2:

Not sure! tweet me some times! lol

Yes Deb has my support too :thumb_yello:

Well, I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said ... but I'll put in my well-wishes also. :naughty:

Freds, you've been so great --- and obviously you're not leaving forever, but I am feeling sentimental so I'll share some memories from Freddie's admin days ...

YEARS ago, my sister and I ate at Freddy's Frozen Custard restaurant and took a picture of the sign for the "Freddy's Double" burger. We sent it to Freddie and, being noobies, were TOTALLY thrilled when he set that as his avatar. Ahhhh :wub2:

Freddie has always been there to answer any questions for me as I've grown as an MFC member ... he always answers PMs or stupid wall messages. He has been exactly what an admin is supposed to be: helpful, patient, and kind. :naughty:

And, of course, I must mention Freddie/Ingie's X-Factor competition. Freds, even though his real life was jam-packed, still managed to send me the most AMAZING assortment of Mika goodies. It totally made my entire summer.

I guess Freddie has always been there for me as the omniscient admin, someone who you can always count on to be there, to help you out with a little cheekiness.

Thank you for all your hard work, Freds! You're the reason MFC is the way it is, and I can't imagine it without you. :huglove:

Well, I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said ... but I'll put in my well-wishes also. :naughty:

Freds, you've been so great --- and obviously you're not leaving forever, but I am feeling sentimental so I'll share some memories from Freddie's admin days ...

YEARS ago, my sister and I ate at Freddy's Frozen Custard restaurant and took a picture of the sign for the "Freddy's Double" burger. We sent it to Freddie and, being noobies, were TOTALLY thrilled when he set that as his avatar. Ahhhh :wub2:

Freddie has always been there to answer any questions for me as I've grown as an MFC member ... he always answers PMs or stupid wall messages. He has been exactly what an admin is supposed to be: helpful, patient, and kind. :naughty:

And, of course, I must mention Freddie/Ingie's X-Factor competition. Freds, even though his real life was jam-packed, still managed to send me the most AMAZING assortment of Mika goodies. It totally made my entire summer.

I guess Freddie has always been there for me as the omniscient admin, someone who you can always count on to be there, to help you out with a little cheekiness.

Thank you for all your hard work, Freds! You're the reason MFC is the way it is, and I can't imagine it without you. :huglove:

:tears::tears::tears:

That's so so sweet

Who know's what the future will bring but I have met some amazing people .. and I'm so lucky to still be part of it

Sweet words .. and I did send in the end:biggrin2:

aww Freddie! I respect your decision, and I'm sure that you made it for a good reason!!!! :flowers2:

We will miss you as a Admin but I'm sure you won't leave us too much time to miss you cause you'll be here anyway to enjoy this great place as we did so far!!! :naughty:

Anyway, I wanted to say you that you've done an amazing job as a Admin, we haven't talked to much, but I've seen you always here, and I know you're a wonderful person!!! Specially, you were the one who gave me the amazing surprise of sending me the signed Mika's cd, and I'll never forget the note you sent me with it!!!! :wub2:

Hasta la vista Fred!!!! :huglove:

I'm :shocked:!! Never thought that this would ever happen. I'm so out of the loop, I haven't got a clue about what led to this decision. Anyway, I shall respect your decision even though if it's up to me I'd like you to administer MFC FOREVER!!:aah: but that's the selfish side of me speaking..

You know how I feel about you Freds, even from the beginning, before we met in RL, I've experienced your friendliness & kindness. Your biggest contribution to the MFC imo is your hard work, persistence & patience in getting 'US' official. I'm sure the others have contributed to it one way or another, but you were the driver of that entire episode. You know when you asked me for Jerry's contact for that purpose, I only gave it to you cause it was 'YOU' who asked for it, I don't think I would have given it to anyone else at the time, seemingly I got his contact in a personal way. It wouldn't be right, but I knew you were reasonable and trustworthy & won't do anything stupid with it. :blush-anim-cl:

Once again thank you for everything you have done for me on a personal level and for the greater good of the MFC. WE ALL play a part in this Monster that is the MFC, we all deserve a pat on the back for many different reasons...but Freds' your contribution is just too BIG to be forgotten. I'll always remember it :huglove:

Glad you're still Mod and will stick around here. :blush-anim-cl:

DEB and the rest, I'm sure you guys will continue to do a great job as always. MFC may be different now, but it is still the best place to come for all things related to Mika & Mika fans.

(Oh, btw... when you quit, do you have time to re-open our bar again??

What a FABULOUS idea!! I might hang around more if you do! :thumb_yello:

It won't be the same without you Freddie but then as you say............it isn't the same now anyway.

Thank you SO much for everything you have done here. It has been an absolute pleasure to be involved in something that has grown and evolved into a huge entity. You have given SO much and I know that a lot of is has been far from fun.

Those early days were truely magical ...............we were all experiencing something totally new and fresh and we were a true community that all were all excited about the same thing. Some amazing friendships were formed and we had some brilliant experiences.

You are passing over a different place now.....but one that is still fundamentaly here for the same reason..............for people who love Mika to share experiences and find out what is going on in Mikaland.

I can't think of a better person than Deb to take over the reins.

I am relieved and glad that you will still be around.

Very best wishes to Deb

:huglove:

Well said Kath :thumb_yello: My sentiments exactly!

We can't keep complaining that it's not February 2007 anymore. It's an insult to the newer members who came to MFC in later years and found a happy home here just like we did. Just because it doesn't work for some people to stay here for over 3 years, doesn't mean that MFC doesn't work at all.

AGREED!!!:thumb_yello:

Hey, I was reading different threads today about pple not knowing things about MFC and I had an idea. I know this is not quite the right place to write about that, but I don't know where else to post is.

The idea is this: Perhaps some of the "old" MFCers could find some spare time and write something like a "Short Story of MFC" for all the newbies like me who are still asking questions. It could be just one page or so, with some names of the first admins and mods and how it all began and some important moments, like special gigs, meetings with the Mastah and jokes and stuff? And some pics? I know there are such things about this chicken joke, but this would be more complete and since MFC will last forevah :teehee:, perhaps it would be a good idea to start with this early and not forget the beginnings.

What do you think? :wink2: Freddie? Now you have soooo much spare time.

FAB IDEA!!!

Ha yeah, maybe we could start a project. Collaborate with older members and newbies...?

Great suggestion! Every member has a story to tell I'm sure..:thumb_yello:

Good luck to Deb AND Andrew for dealing with this place as a duet rather than a trio (I know he doesn't show his face often, but he IS our techie around here :thumb_yello:)

Fred...think of all the free time you'll have now! And I know you'll never leave, so I personally don't think the MFC will necessarily feel different. We're all here supporting Mika and that's what it's about, right? :original:

Leaving the admin position must be hard, but at least you can say that you were largely responsible for catapulting our tiny fanclub to a worldwide fan base! :thumb_yello: So kudos to you for that, and to all the other admins/mods who have worked so hard for this place.

So sit back and relax Fredster, have a glass of wine and let your hair down! ...Well, if you had any :teehee:

No but seriously, all good things come to an end. Our mods and admins have changed before. It's true that you have invested a lot of time in the MFC Fred, I could never take that away from you.

2007 MFC was more like a family because there were so little of us. When more members join it's hard to involve everyone and talk to everyone. That's just the way it goes. You form friends throughout the years and you just...stick with them, because they're your friends and you get on with them and you have history with them.

Think of all the friendships you had in your lifetime - have you kept them all? Chances are you said goodbye to a lot of them because that's how life just pans out sometimes, and the MFC is included in life experiences as well. But just because people have their own little groups it doesn't mean to say that everyone else is hated :naughty: as far as I'm aware we still all say hello on the MFC and in real life too.

So yes, there has been a change between 2007-2010 but it's a natural part of evolution. I don't think there's anything sad about it - it just happens and will continue to do so in every aspect of our lives. The key word is "acceptance" here - if you keep looking at the past and wishing you were there you're going to end up bitter. If you accept the changes and just move on then there doesn't need to be bitterness at all :thumb_yello:

As for me, I'm living in 2010, know it's 2010 and rather happy where I am! :wub2: I'm still proud of the MFC and what it's achieved. So who cares what's changed? We're all here for one person and that person is MIKA.

Why is it everytime someone mentions evolution I have to think about Pokemon?:roftl:

I really cried during that episode..about 10 years ago...though in my memory a man sang it...:mf_rosetinted:

Is it bad that I knew exactly which episode you meant before even opening the link? :aah:

I cried too. Or actually, I didn't, cause my mom was there and I didn't want her to know this made me cry. :roftl::teehee:

Is it bad that I knew exactly which episode you meant before even opening the link? :aah:

I cried too. Or actually, I didn't, cause my mom was there and I didn't want her to know this made me cry. :roftl::teehee:

It was extremely emotional! I mean Pikachu was his very first Pokemon! They had such a rocky start and look at them now:wub2:

It was extremely emotional! I mean Pikachu was his very first Pokemon! They had such a rocky start and look at them now:wub2:

I know! :wub2:

Man, it's been a looooong time since I thought about Pokémon. (Except for playing the videogames. :mf_rosetinted:)

Oh, and Fred, sorry for spamming your thread. :teehee:

Archived