You have to be a little bit thankful we're not like some other fans such as KP or Bieber and threaten murder etc when someone says anything about them..... :huh:

Well it's hard to take 14 year olds threatening murder on the internet seriously but some of the grown women (and men) in the online Mika community are really out there and I doubt their bizarre behaviour is restricted to just the internet or a mob mentality.

Not that Mika fans are the only weird people on the internet but I just don't understand where they've all come from in the past couple of years. It wasn't like this in 2007.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No,it was more like "look what Mika said about you",and when Asia explained to her what Mika wanted to say,and that she have to grow up,go to school and get some education,she became rude and irritated.

Oh! Ok, i understand now, thank you :thumb_yello::wink2:

Well it's hard to take 14 year olds threatening murder on the internet seriously but some of the grown women (and men) in the online Mika community are really out there and I doubt their bizarre behaviour is restricted to just the internet or a mob mentality.

Not that Mika fans are the only weird people on the internet but I just don't understand where they've all come from in the past couple of years. It wasn't like this in 2007.

True, but i suppose an obsessed 14 year old fan would strike more fear into me because they would be more likely to do anything for their 'idol'...

True, there are some cray-crays out there.

He's got more popular and during the last 6 years the way fandoms etc are viewed has become more protected? :dunno:

do you remember Tokio Hotel? They had some French fans stalking them everywhere, it was so terrible they followed them really everywhere and even attacked the mother of the twins years ago. One of the boys hit one of the girls and they put him to court. Now a few years later the twins are back in Europe as judges of the German X- factor and Bill seemed to like one of the constantants. Those French fans sent death threats to that girl....... It´s so insane...... Or have you read all the threats Perez Hilton got from Gaga fans????

True, but i suppose an obsessed 14 year old fan would strike more fear into me because they would be more likely to do anything for their 'idol'...

True, there are some cray-crays out there.

Yes I guess 14 year olds might be more likely to act but generally they don't have the means. It's the adults who are turning up at gigs and have the resources and freedom to do god-knows-what. And I still think bitchy teenage girls are less threatening than people who are mentally disturbed.

do you remember Tokio Hotel? They had some French fans stalking them everywhere, it was so terrible they followed them really everywhere and even attacked the mother of the twins years ago. One of the boys hit one of the girls and they put him to court. Now a few years later the twins are back in Europe as judges of the German X- factor and Bill seemed to like one of the constantants. Those French fans sent death threats to that girl....... It´s so insane...... Or have you read all the threats Perez Hilton got from Gaga fans????

Oh yes I remember something about Tokio Hotel and their stalkers.

All I can say about Perez is that you reap what you sow. He built an empire being horrible to innocent people so...

Yes,that's scary,because you'll think adults are more rational,but you never know who's behind a personal account.If someone says his name is Gary,for example,no one is asking why is that man keep sending strange messages to different people,and why he's adding Mika's username on every single tweet,no matter what he's saying :doh:

Yes,that's scary,because you'll think adults are more rational,but you never know who's behind a personal account.If someone says his name is Gary,for example,no one is asking why is that man keep sending strange messages to different people,and why he's adding Mika's username on every single tweet,no matter what he's saying :doh:

I think he was trying to built his own Mika fanclub on Mika´s Timeline so he doesn´t have to pay for a server. And really I can´t hear the word " mikafreak " anymore, it´s so abused and annoying :wink2:

I think he was trying to built his own Mika fanclub on Mika´s Timeline so he doesn´t have to pay for a server. And really I can´t hear the word " mikafreak " anymore, it´s so abused and annoying :wink2:

:lmfao: And you're right,I've never liked this label :aah:

I always prefer Beautiful Freaks ever since the Observer Music Monthly interview. Mika Freaks makes me think of the young fans who are a bit too crazy and past experiences of going insane on Tumblr :huh::sad:

And really I can´t hear the word " mikafreak " anymore, it´s so abused and annoying :wink2:

Amen to that. Does my head in.

And Kat I agree with you. I think there is a big difference between the term "beautiful freak" and "Mika freak". Totally different meanings and connotations.

And Kat I agree with you. I think there is a big difference between the term "beautiful freak" and "Mika freak". Totally different meanings and connotations.

It's strange that isn't it..?

I've always thought of myself as Beautiful Freak from the beginning cos of the articles around the time i became an MFCer etc and purely loved Mika... can't call myself anything else... :blink:

It's strange that isn't it..?

I've always thought of myself as Beautiful Freak from the beginning cos of the articles around the time i became an MFCer etc and purely loved Mika... can't call myself anything else... :blink:

Beautiful freak is an oxymoron. It acknowledges what the term freak actually means. And Mika recognizes that too when he says to Asia that she's not a freak (since he sees her as a beautiful woman). The implication is that freaks are normally regarded as ugly.

So I don't understand just running around calling yourself a freak as if the word is not hurled at people as an insult :aah:

Beautiful freak is an oxymoron. It acknowledges what the term freak actually means. And Mika recognizes that too when he says to Asia that she's not a freak (since he sees her as a beautiful woman). The implication is that freaks are normally regarded as ugly.

So I don't understand just running around calling yourself a freak as if the word is not hurled at people as an insult :aah:

I often refer to the quote 'You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are the same.' (though i don't laugh at people) which kinda relates to Mika's quote i love and why i call my self a Beautiful Freak: 'How do you take a freak and make them a Beautiful Freak?' :wub2:

I prefer the "beautiful freak" tag, it's what Mika said at a gig, which feels right somehow.

I prefer the "beautiful freak" tag, it's what Mika said at a gig, which feels right somehow.

Personally I prefer not to be associated with being a freak at all, but to each his own. :naughty:

I understand what Mika is getting at with the beautiful freak concept and it's really NOT like calling yourself a Mika freak. :aah:

You have to be a little bit thankful we're not like some other fans such as KP or Bieber and threaten murder etc when someone says anything about them..... :huh:

In all my years at the KatyPerryforum, I have never seen anyone sending death threats as most of her fans are straight girls who aren't jealous when she is dating someone. Doesn't mean they are angels though:naughty:.

But I agree with Christine. Back in 2007 things were more laid back. Mainly because the fanbase was smaller and not that many young teenagers were dedicated (excluding moi as I was still young and innocent back then). I know for a fact M is glad MOST fans are not creepy but I don't think he's aware of a large group of overly dedicated fans.

And yes, teenagers might not be able to do much, but adults can. I always roll my eyes when Mika is close to a woman and she gets a lot of abuse thrown at her just because of jealousy. Jealousy is a dangerous thing.

In all my years at the KatyPerryforum, I have never seen anyone sending death threats as most of her fans are straight girls who aren't jealous when she is dating someone. Doesn't mean they are angels though:naughty:.

But I agree with Christine. Back in 2007 things were more laid back. Mainly because the fanbase was smaller and not that many young teenagers were dedicated (excluding moi as I was still young and innocent back then). I know for a fact M is glad MOST fans are not creepy but I don't think he's aware of a large group of overly dedicated fans.

And yes, teenagers might not be able to do much, but adults can. I always roll my eyes when Mika is close to a woman and she gets a lot of abuse thrown at her just because of jealousy. Jealousy is a dangerous thing.

Well said, I agree.

Jealousy is the meanest and most nasty thing about human nature. Believe me , I know....

But the saddest thing that any real talented famous person like Mika will face it through a lifetime. The more talented he is the more jealousy he gets from mediocre people.

Well said, I agree.

Jealousy is the meanest and most nasty thing about human nature. Believe me , I know....

But the saddest thing that any real talented famous person like Mika will face it through a lifetime. The more talented he is the more jealousy he gets from mediocre people.

Well what I meant with jealousy is not that people are jealous of Mika, but more of people he is close with and this could be anyone from Ida to a female singer he picks up on stage to a fan he hugs and kisses or is in any other way close to.

Well what I meant with jealousy is not that people are jealous of Mika, but more of people he is close with and this could be anyone from Ida to a female singer he picks up on stage to a fan he hugs and kisses or is in any other way close to.

I think you both are very right :thumb_yello: people are jealous at each other because they can't get as close to MIKA as they wish - and they can't stand to see some people being a bit lucky re. this :blink:

MIKA himself will surely notice jealousy, just because he's too much of too many good things - that's how life is :shocked:

Love,love

me

Totally agree with you Ingie!!!! :thumb_yello:

I have never received death threats but grown women (not 12 year olds like this article but women in their 30s, 40s, 50s) have started bitching to Mika about me because of a tweet.

I guess everyone feels pangs of jealousy/envy once in awhile but I don't understand how an adult can believe that this will work. That Mika is going to respond favourably to these jealous rants. It doesn't affect me and it pretty much ensures that he is never going to acknowledge them which is what has set them off in the first place. :naughty:

I am pretty fearless but it does concern me when these childish and irrational people try to manipulate younglings.