• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While we wait the original version, if you want I could make you a little summary of what he wrote :wink2:

Yes please! I love these articles - so thanks in advance for taking your time with translation :thumb_yello:

Love, love

me

Perfect! I'm writing it now :wink2:

EDIT:

Here's the summary:

His maternal grandfather left Damascus when he was 15 years old on the back of a donkey, and he went to Ellis Island where, once in the United States, he built his new life.

Same thing, his paternal grandfather who left Georgia to go to the Middle East concluding agreements pioneering. After 20 years, his parents met on Fifth Avenue, waiting at the traffic lights; after a week they got engaged and when her older sister born, they moved to France and finally to Lebanon where he was born.

His mother did not want her children to grow up in States because it was not a right country due to the exaltation of the wealth and competition.

He and his brothers and sisters, however, have always felt the U.S.A. and living in Europe, they were able to see a form of racism towards this country as Americans were "fat and stupid", or "rich and poor". But now things have totally changed. In fact, for him there is less anti-Americanism.

In his time, the U.S.A. was humiliated because 11 years of military engagement have destroyed their self-esteem, forcing them to change their way of being "Knights of the free world."

But in the end they were the only ones to suffer the most serious financial crisis we've ever been while China is getting stronger and it's the new target for criticism. According to him, America is no longer afraid and it is therefore considered as all other countries, and now Europe can see its merits.

Little by little, the U.S. are in recovery: unemployment is falling, the growth chart is increased and, by 2030, it will achieve energy independence. This could be a turning point towards the Middle East.

In the end, we do not have a precise idea of U.S.A. because in the past, Americans were seen as good but with Bush, who called the antagonists " the axis of evil", everything changed. He adds that those who are too positive about U.S.A. is considerated an ignorant cowboy. Today, Americans love to make fun of theirself: just watch movies and TV series such as Family Guy or American Team. By Obama's speeches to the episodes of Homeland, USA is sold as a country that can admit mistakes and tries to put to good use the lessons. Finally, he thinks that USA will change again, in fact, he expects a Latin American president during his life in order to attract people with his values ​​in this beautiful country like his grandfather, in the 30's.

Edited by Lucrezia

Thank you,Lucrezia! :thumb_yello:

Thank you :original:

Thanks Lucrezia!:wub2:

Thanks for the summary Lucrezia! :flowers2:

Thank you very much Lukrezia :thumb_yello:

Aahh - so maybe that's the reason why he seems to love donkey!

Great to know more about his fam. and past - another good article...

Thanks a lot !!

Love,love

me

You're welcome ladies!! :huglove:

EDIT:

Here's the summary:

His maternal grandfather left Damascus when he was 15 years old on the back of a donkey, and he went to Ellis Island where, once in the United States, he built his new life.

Same thing, his paternal grandfather who left Georgia to go to the Middle East concluding agreements pioneering. After 20 years, his parents met on Fifth Avenue, waiting at the traffic lights; after a week they got engaged and when her older sister born, they moved to France and finally to Lebanon where he was born.

His mother did not want her children to grow up in States because it was not a right country due to the exaltation of the wealth and competition.

He and his brothers and sisters, however, have always felt the U.S.A. and living in Europe, they were able to see a form of racism towards this country as Americans were "fat and stupid", or "rich and poor". But now things have totally changed. In fact, for him there is less anti-Americanism.

In his time, the U.S.A. was humiliated because 11 years of military engagement have destroyed their self-esteem, forcing them to change their way of being "Knights of the free world."

But in the end they were the only ones to suffer the most serious financial crisis we've ever been while China is getting stronger and it's the new target for criticism. According to him, America is no longer afraid and it is therefore considered as all other countries, and now Europe can see its merits.

Little by little, the U.S. are in recovery: unemployment is falling, the growth chart is increased and, by 2030, it will achieve energy independence. This could be a turning point towards the Middle East.

In the end, we do not have a precise idea of U.S.A. because in the past, Americans were seen as good but with Bush, who called the antagonists " the axis of evil", everything changed. He adds that those who are too positive about U.S.A. is considerated an ignorant cowboy. Today, Americans love to make fun of theirself: just watch movies and TV series such as Family Guy or American Team. By Obama's speeches to the episodes of Homeland, USA is sold as a country that can admit mistakes and tries to put to good use the lessons. Finally, he thinks that USA will change again, in fact, he expects a Latin American president during his life in order to attract people with his values ​​in this beautiful country like his grandfather, in the 30's.

He's certainly getting in touch with his 'Inner American Boy' lately. thanks for the summery!

Thanks for the summary Lucrezia:thumb_yello:

He's certainly getting in touch with his 'Inner American Boy' lately. thanks for the summery!

Can't help flashing weird images in my mind:naughty: maybe I'm still running a fever:mf_rosetinted:

EDIT:

Here's the summary:

woow this is amazing :thumb_yello: i always get surprised when i read Mika's columns cause they're so smart .. then i realize than i shouldn't be surprised cuz i kinow that mika is smart and talented and [ a long list of good things]

in the other hand, i'd like that Mika stop mentioning latin america and CAME TO LATIN AMERICA >.< damn !

EDIT: thanks for the summary ! :D