Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

I don't understand this logic. Did he or did he not sell at least 1.5 million copies of LICM here? Why would he (or you) think he needed to prove something to a London audience? Hasn't he already proved it? Or are you all just projecting your own feelings and hopes on to Mika?

I have seen Mika in many cities around the UK and the world and personally don't notice much difference. All audiences are very supportive and receptive.

I don't speak about people who goes to see Mika,I'm talking about where he feels more comfortable performing.

I repeat, I never have seen Mika live in UK,just on YT and he seems that feels good,but have you seen in France,or in Seoul,or in Portugal?he looks happy.

I'm spanish and I saw him in twice gigs in Spain and I noticed at least in one of those gigs he wasn't comfortable performing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't speak about people who goes to see Mika,I'm talking about where he feels more comfortable performing.

I repeat, I never have seen Mika live in UK,just on YT and he seems that feels good,but have you seen in France,or in Seoul,or in Portugal?he looks happy.

I'm spanish and I saw him in twice gigs in Spain and I noticed at least in one of those gigs he wasn't comfortable performing.

I kind of get what you mean. Like, I went to see him in Sheffield last year, and he was looking at the floor quite alot, but in Edinburgh, the last UK date he seemed more comfortable and just enjoying it more and looking up into the crowd. Maybe because he just wanted to enjoy it more as it would be his last UK gig for a while. But in most gigs he seems very happy to me :blush-anim-cl:

So we don't see the best of him then?

I'm not saying that. Some of my favorite gigs have been London gigs, like Little Noise :wub2: Lol, I'm sure you have seen the best of him :wink2:

I was not telling any facts, I don't even know any facts. I just go to see his gigs and I was writing my own thoughts. I wanted to point out that even though UK and US markets are generally very appreciated in music business, it doesn't mean it is a bad thing to be popular in some other parts of the world. He seems to enjoy touring in France, Italy, Asia, South-America, etc.

I think there are a lot of differences between audiences in different countries. And I don't want to believe he looks pleased at French gigs only because most of his income comes from France. We never know, of course.

I must go now, I'm on my way to see snow castle, so I can't write properly, I'm sorry.

He probably got a ton of tweets asking him about news and then when he tweets from time to time, he gets negative feedbacks :huh:

He gets negative feedback all the time. The only difference on Wednesday night might have been that this time it came from several of his long term supporters and he clearly took note of it.

He can not please everyone...

Yes, clearly. and it's his choice, like you said. However, it is his fans' choice to give him feedback now rather than leave him without warning like many did when the 2nd album came out.

Of course he will always have new followers but I doubt that the fans who get excited about bee tweets will ever outnumber the ones who started to follow him because of his music only. Besides, bees have short life expectancy…:mf_rosetinted:

Maybe he doesn't know how to communicate at the moment. His old blog was fantastic, it was fun and warm and it felt personal, but it was closed because of his new website (which is not working at all, as we have seen). I guess he is rather concentrating on his work and personal life than finding new ways to communicate.

yes, that is a correct observation. I think it is his communication that is the most confusing, hence the strong reaction. I personally think that he looked great in that clown picture and I even tweeted that to him. However, what his message really was is beyond my understanding, as no matter how great he looks in it, it is pretty creepy and such picture can easily be misinterpreted. Therefore, some feedback on how his fans feel about his latest tweets can be helpful for him.

He has been moving away from his English-speaking audience.

I think he is moving away from the adult audience with the exception of a few grannies who find him sweet and child friendly. That’s sweet, but the truth is that kids and teenagers grow up and unless he grows up with them he will lose them like he lost most of the early fans from his own age group. The bee tweets don’t show any sign of change. What was cool and sweet in the early days might sound a bit infantile now.

I read this discussion about the audience being different in the UK vs Europe. I think it is the difference in the composition of the audience in terms of age. His peer group in English speaking countries don’t seem to get him at all, no matter how hard he tries to explain it in interviews what he means by doing whatever… So, it is again about communication.

I kind of get what you mean. Like, I went to see him in Sheffield last year, and he was looking at the floor quite alot, but in Edinburgh, the last UK date he seemed more comfortable and just enjoying it more and looking up into the crowd. Maybe because he just wanted to enjoy it more as it would be his last UK gig for a while. But in most gigs he seems very happy to me :blush-anim-cl:

In Newcastle last year, I think was the happiest I've seen him at any UK gigs, I've been to.

He seemed to be loving it there, and also at Glasgow.

Maybe in London he needs to be accepted,for that he feels more pressure,but in France just hearing his name he sells all the tickets,he knows that french people loves him a lot,we can see all the gigs he does in France

I think it is simply natural that he feels more pleased if he sells out arenas in France vs only threatres in the UK.

There is pressure on him in the UK for sure as being successful in the UK and / or US is the key to becoming successful in other parts of the world, too. It is also where the most influential critics are based so there is more at stake at a London show, for example.

I'm not saying that. Some of my favorite gigs have been London gigs, like Little Noise :wub2:

yes, mine, too. He was very nervous though. :teehee:

Actually, the place where I saw him happiest and really enjoying himself on stage was in Finland - teasing the 13-14 year old girls front row..:roftl:

I think him being 'more relaxed' in a country or at a particular gig has more to do with circumstances e.g if he feels there is anything 'at stake' with the performance. If he feels that the audience likes him 'no matter what', he is likely to feel more at ease, whilst a critical audience must be more difficult to handle. However, I don't think he needs to or even wants to go the easier way as it will not grant him longevity in this business

I haven't been to any gigs in France but I've heard from someone whose judgement I tend to trust that the reaction of the French people is way beyond what he experiences in many other countries and it's not hard to imagine how satisfying that is for him.

But I think it's difficult to make generalizations because it all depends on the gig. Surely he was more nervous at PDP than he was in Sheffield or wherever.

I've seen Mika acting noticeably nervous in many places but I put it down to the circumstances and not the town. Probably half the gigs I've been to since TBWKTM came out have been where he's debuting new material or a new tour or exceptional circumstances like the private gig - and he is always less relaxed. LA, Toronto, Belfast, London...it doesn't matter what city. One of the worst gigs I ever saw was London 07 because he was so ill he had to cancel the following nights. But the replacment show in London in Feb 08 was phenomenal.

The most relaxed I have ever seen Mika was in NYC and I would imagine the response he gets in the states is also very gratifying for him, so I would not write off the US like that.

I don't think so... it'd be hard, and I bet he wouldn't want her stuffed in a cage in a plane's cargo hold or where ever they put 'em. -_-

Well, doesn't she have a chip or special passport for travelling? So I don't she would mind :aah: But it would probably start to annoy Mika, having a dog to take care of, as well as an album :aah:

Well, doesn't she have a chip or special passport for travelling? So I don't she would mind :aah: But it would probably start to annoy Mika, having a dog to take care of, as well as an album :aah:

He does take her places, that's obvious... but probably not for short trips like these seem to be. :aah:

I haven't been to any gigs in France but I've heard from someone whose judgement I tend to trust that the reaction of the French people is way beyond what he experiences in many other countries and it's not hard to imagine how satisfying that is for him.

But I think it's difficult to make generalizations because it all depends on the gig. Surely he was more nervous at PDP than he was in Sheffield or wherever.

I've seen Mika acting noticeably nervous in many places but I put it down to the circumstances and not the town. Probably half the gigs I've been to since TBWKTM came out have been where he's debuting new material or a new tour or exceptional circumstances like the private gig - and he is always less relaxed. LA, Toronto, Belfast, London...it doesn't matter what city. One of the worst gigs I ever saw was London 07 because he was so ill he had to cancel the following nights. But the replacment show in London in Feb 08 was phenomenal.

The most relaxed I have ever seen Mika was in NYC and I would imagine the response he gets in the states is also very gratifying for him, so I would not write off the US like that.

I agree that it isn't the town. It's the circumstances, how he feels in general and maybe what state his career might be in. And maybe how important the venue might be to him. But I don't know :aah: I'm not an expert :aah:

He does take her places, that's obvious... but probably not for short trips like these seem to be. :aah:

:aah: If I was a dog, I would not enjoy travelling in a cage in an airplane all the time, so I think Mika knows Melachi wouldn't like that :aah: He respects her personal space :aah:

I agree that it isn't the town. It's the circumstances, how he feels in general and maybe what state his career might be in. And maybe how important the venue might be to him. But I don't know :aah: I'm not an expert :aah:

:aah: If I was a dog, I would not enjoy travelling in a cage in an airplane all the time, so I think Mika knows Melachi wouldn't like that :aah: He respects her personal space :aah:

I think it also costs extra money because they're living creatures.... :aah:

I have 3 cats to take care of as well as a full time job! Some people have kids too!:naughty:

I don't think so... it'd be hard, and I bet he wouldn't want her stuffed in a cage in a plane's cargo hold or where ever they put 'em. -_-

He said he was going to be bringing her. But then he says a lot of things:naughty:

I have 3 cats to take care of as well as a full time job! Some people have kids too!:naughty:

He said he was going to be bringing her. But then he says a lot of things:naughty:

i always wondered how he was going to handle Melachi & travelling when on tour.

I'm thinking of my own dog here.... she'd be happier staying at home with loving people then to go to strange places with strangers around.

Having a pet is a big commitment, like having a kid... unconditional love for life :wub2:

I think it also costs extra money because they're living creatures.... :aah:

That does make sense.

:aah: I know a family with 5 kids, two horses, two llamas, three dogs and some chickens :aah: They are an awesome family. :roftl:

i always wondered how he was going to handle Melachi & travelling when on tour.

I'm thinking of my own dog here.... she'd be happier staying at home with loving people then to go to strange places with strangers around.

Having a pet is a big commitment, like having a kid... unconditional love for life :wub2:

Having a pet is awesome. Although, when I had a dog, it was hard to go on holiday any where abroad or too far away, or anywhere that wouldn't allow dogs, because wherever we went, he came too. He was a big old dog, and couldn't be left alone for too long. I miss him :blush-anim-cl:

:aah: I know a family with 5 kids, two horses, two llamas, three dogs and some chickens :aah: They are an awesome family. :roftl:

Having a pet is awesome. Although, when I had a dog, it was hard to go on holiday any where abroad or too far away, or anywhere that wouldn't allow dogs, because wherever we went, he came too. He was a big old dog, and couldn't be left alone for too long. I miss him :blush-anim-cl:

llamas?! wow...i have an really ,really old bird who doesn`t care whether someone os there or not:aah:

he lives perfectly without us and that`s a bit weird bur we are able to travel cause we just leave lots of food and a friend or so come around every 2or3 days switches on the radio (my bird loves listening to radio nad actually likes mika^^) and gives him something to drink^^

i like my bird:aah:

Archived