Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

Do you think Mike needs to improve his relations with his fans? I'm just trying to understand that thing with twitter :teehee: It's not like we are living in caves here but the twitter is not that popular yet. And I have never used it myself...

But I was always sure that all that strange twits from Mika is a part of his image :teehee: And we love him because he is strange sometimes and funny and well..a little bit infantile :teehee: so I thought that these twits are perfect for his image :aah: Oh and If you are completely not agree with me I can always blame difference in cultures :aah:

Yes I always enjoyed his tweets in the past, even the silly ones. But I don't know...like I said, if I didn't "know" Mika and just started following him a few months ago I think I would have come to the conclusion by now that he's not particularly bright or articulate. Which isn't the reality of course.

I know just the thing for him to win us all back- SURPRISE TWITTER GIG!!! in... Toronto, Canada. yes. that would work VERY nicely. for me, at least XD

Yes that would be PERFECT!! :lmfao::thumb_yello:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me tell you a story about a curly haired boy

who went on twitter

to show a picture

of his tofu toy

then a year later

he tried to make it better

by painting himself as a clown

only to find

he needs to rewind

he made a few people frown

:blush-anim-cl:

lets spam mikas twitter next time demanding if he watches dr who XD

lol that last part was random

Haven’t you people thought that this hard criticism on the part of some of his core fans might lead to him saying F*ck them all, if they’re never content I won’t waste my time and be nice (oops, sorry, I mean kind) to my fans anymore, instead of to him correcting what he’s doing wrong, IF, and I say IF, he’s doing anything wrong, which I don’t think he is?

I hope he doesn't do that. I'll speak on behalf of myself here when I say I am not trying to critcise him in a negative way, but I am trying to give him some constuctive criticism from the perspective of a fan. By comparing him to the celebrities I did, I wasn't trying to say, "look Mika you suck!" but am trying to show what I mean about celebrities using Twitter in a more effective way. I guess I miss his old tweets. I also miss those blogs and vlogs...remember those? :naughty:

I'm not trying to belittle him or sound harsh. One thing I really like about Mika is that he appreciates his fans. I can't say many other celebrities would send hot chocolate or an ice cream truck to people waiting in line. I can't say many musicians would let their fans be on stage with them every night (I'm referring to Lollipop and Big Girls etc here). Some musicians don't even have a message board like this. I think Mika is incredibly talented. I like Mika, I really do.

Haven’t you people thought that this hard criticism on the part of some of his core fans might lead to him saying F*ck them all, if they’re never content I won’t waste my time and be nice (oops, sorry, I mean kind) to my fans anymore, instead of to him correcting what he’s doing wrong, IF, and I say IF, he’s doing anything wrong, which I don’t think he is?

I think you are right... I hope it won`t be the way you pictured it ...

I don`t think he`s doing anything wrong...

Wouldn’t it be desirable that in the future this sort of “complaints” were expressed in private to the ones one befriends, instead of on a public forum, furthermore on HIS fan club forum? I fear they’ll do no good to anyone. Just saying...

:dunno:

well, i think that right now, we are reading too much into those 2 words as it is. he may have had a bad day & saw a few tweets and wrote that. he has probably moved on, but obviously, we haven't, as we are still talking about it.

:naughty:

if your theory has any truth to it, then it's nice to know that he is good at recognising faces & will remember when he sees those fans. :dunno:

Wouldn’t it be desirable that in the future this sort of “complaints” were expressed in private to the ones one befriends, instead of on a public forum, furthermore on HIS fan club forum? I fear they’ll do no good to anyone. Just saying...

I disagree. I don't see the benefit in having a core fanbase that consists entirely of people who fawn over his every move without ever expressing any criticism. I don't agree that being a fan of an artist means you must unconditionally love every move he makes. It's about balance. There's no need to be rude or overly harsh to him, and there's no need to fawn over him either. Finding that balance = constructive criticism.

I think if Mika looks at things rationally he will understand that his core fans have already proven that they are deeply supportive of his career, buying everything he releases and going to lengths to be at his shows. We wouldn't be doing those things if he wasn't doing something very, very right. However I don't think the fact that he is extremely talented and gets a lot of things right means that we should speak privately in hushed whispers when we identify things he could improve upon. Especially on MFC. Of course he is able to read MFC if he wants, but this isn't primarily directed at him - we're speaking to each other.

No one is intending to be cruel to Mika, I don't think. If people thought he truly sucked or whatever they'd express this with indifference and would ignore him, rather than voicing constructive criticism. Speaking for myself, the only reason I take the time to voice criticism is because I truly love Mika's music and want him to be the absolute best he can be. I think we've only seen the tip of what he's capable of artistically and musically, and it frustrates me to see things like a sub-par website or vague tweets potentially distracting people from the huge talent he is. I don't think people are asking him for the moon, either; most of the criticisms I see directed at Mika are things that other artists understand and use to their advantage.

People have every right to say what they want, and he has every right to ignore them if he so chooses. But I certainly don't think he's so irrational that a few negative tweets would cause him to "punish" his entire fan base.

I disagree. I don't see the benefit in having a core fanbase that consists entirely of people who fawn over his every move without ever expressing any criticism. I don't agree that being a fan of an artist means you must unconditionally love every move he makes. It's about balance. There's no need to be rude or overly harsh to him, and there's no need to fawn over him either. Finding that balance = constructive criticism.

I think if Mika looks at things rationally he will understand that his core fans have already proven that they are deeply supportive of his career, buying everything he releases and going to lengths to be at his shows. We wouldn't be doing those things if he wasn't doing something very, very right. However I don't think the fact that he is extremely talented and gets a lot of things right means that we should speak privately in hushed whispers when we identify things he could improve upon. Especially on MFC. Of course he is able to read MFC if he wants, but this isn't primarily directed at him - we're speaking to each other.

No one is intending to be cruel to Mika, I don't think. If people thought he truly sucked or whatever they'd express this with indifference and would ignore him, rather than voicing constructive criticism. Speaking for myself, the only reason I take the time to voice criticism is because I truly love Mika's music and want him to be the absolute best he can be. I think we've only seen the tip of what he's capable of artistically and musically, and it frustrates me to see things like a sub-par website or vague tweets potentially distracting people from the huge talent he is. I don't think people are asking him for the moon, either; most of the criticisms I see directed at Mika are things that other artists understand and use to their advantage.

People have every right to say what they want, and he has every right to ignore them if he so chooses. But I certainly don't think he's so irrational that a few negative tweets would cause him to "punish" his entire fan base.

I think you´re right, It makes me sad sometimes when I see for example Rihanna and her RihannaNavy, she so communicates with them!

I didn't actually think there was any *rude* vibe during the magic points gig, not at all :blink: My feeling was that his mind was somewhere else, or that he wanted to be somewhere else. He seemed to be nervous and maybe feeling uncomfortable, because he was not prepared. We got our M&G, he did come to talk to us after his performance, even though he wasn't as chatty as some other times.

Maybe I should have felt disappointed, but I was just pleased I saw the gig. It was very different than I had seen before, and very different than it's usually possible to see. It was also perfectly organized, and the atmosphere between fans was just great (which made me very happy). I do regret now a bit that we shared our vids and reports, we could have agreed not to share.

I was hoping he would take pictures with us and maybe chat a bit more, but I tried not to expect anything. Of course I always enjoy if he gives some attention to his core fans, it's always special to get an extra smile or a few relaxed words (if he is in a chatty mood), but I don't want to waste my time feeling disappointed if he doesn't.

Oh no, please don´t think so. You know how grateful we all are that you, Eva and Vanessa share your vids with us!!!

Mika has never tweeted me nor has any of the 'rock stars' I follow. I don't hold my breathe either. It will never happen at least to me. I'm not sad about it either. They do have choices. of course I would probably bust a gut if i had a tweet from those I cherish but life does go on. tweet or no tweet, i'll just be happy reading their thoughts they thought about.

I didn't actually think there was any *rude* vibe during the magic points gig, not at all :blink: My feeling was that his mind was somewhere else, or that he wanted to be somewhere else. He seemed to be nervous and maybe feeling uncomfortable, because he was not prepared. We got our M&G, he did come to talk to us after his performance, even though he wasn't as chatty as some other times.

Maybe I should have felt disappointed, but I was just pleased I saw the gig. It was very different than I had seen before, and very different than it's usually possible to see. It was also perfectly organized, and the atmosphere between fans was just great (which made me very happy). I do regret now a bit that we shared our vids and reports, we could have agreed not to share.

I was hoping he would take pictures with us and maybe chat a bit more, but I tried not to expect anything. Of course I always enjoy if he gives some attention to his core fans, it's always special to get an extra smile or a few relaxed words (if he is in a chatty mood), but I don't want to waste my time feeling disappointed if he doesn't.

Me neither, at all.

I'm also very happy for having been there :wub2:

If you are going to b*tch about his every move, then I wonder why you still consider yourself unconditionally loyal to him. I don't agree with every single thing he does, but that doesn't mean I feel like I am obliged to tell him, and especially not in a vicious way, about it. It's HIS career, HIS decision to do whatever he does, and some things we will like and some we won't. No need to slag him off about it. There is a thing called constructive criticism and that is NOT what you gave him on Twitter.

So basically you were slagging him off about the fact that he defended himself from the unnecessarily harsh comments and then blame him for being a little kid. Well, that is not the case.

Also, you were assuming the circus theme thing was for the album, although there was no solid reason to believe it is. How often have we heard about how wrong people are for forming opinions based on little to no evidence?

Apart from that, if you don't like the whole circus theme, you've become a fan of the wrong artist anyway.

And that is my opinion. You can slag me off now if you want, I don''t care. I will just go off and sit in a corner to adore every fart that comes out of Mika's behind.:biggrin2:

If you are going to b*tch about his every move, then I wonder why you still consider yourself unconditionally loyal to him. I don't agree with every single thing he does, but that doesn't mean I feel like I am obliged to tell him, and especially not in a vicious way, about it. It's HIS career, HIS decision to do whatever he does, and some things we will like and some we won't. No need to slag him off about it. There is a thing called constructive criticism and that is NOT what you gave him on Twitter.

So basically you were slagging him off about the fact that he defended himself from the unnecessarily harsh comments and then blame him for being a little kid. Well, that is not the case.

Also, you were assuming the circus theme thing was for the album, although there was no solid reason to believe it is. How often have we heard about how wrong people are for forming opinions based on little to no evidence?

Apart from that, if you don't like the whole circus theme, you've become a fan of the wrong artist anyway.

And that is my opinion. You can slag me off now if you want, I don''t care. I will just go off and sit in a corner to adore every fart that comes out of Mika's behind.:biggrin2:

:clap::aah: Beautiful! :roftl:

:bow: :bow: :bow: AND :bow:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

First of all Nina, I don't want to make you feel bad or like sharing the videos was a bad thing, so please don't say that :boxed:. I am just expressing how *I* see it, but it's not my intention to make you feel sad or anything of the sorts.

By rude I meant the fact that he did look disinterested like you said, or like he would have preferred to be elsewhere. It's part of his job to look happy to be there, engage with the audience, and basically, be charming and look like he's enjoying himself, to be honest. I know that this was not a paid gig, but it was meant to be a BIG prize, one that he had been bigging up since the start (I recall the excited chat in Milan, in June 09, when he told us about it, remember?) and in all honesty, I think that he didn't deliver

I know just the thing for him to win us all back- SURPRISE TWITTER GIG!!! in... Toronto, Canada. yes. that would work VERY nicely. for me, at least XD

sigh... the sad thing is how highly unlikely it is

Well, you never know :naughty: Things that seemed more unlikely have happened!

I think what it comes down to is that the prize was spun as being a private, intimate gig and a champagne meet and greet. Based on that I had a mental image of a group of winners mingling around a room, drinking champagne, and Mika working the room among them.

From what I've heard he blew off rather quickly after he finished performing, not spending any more time with the winners than he would after any regular gig where he might accept gifts and sign autographs in some venue alley. Now, one could argue that the fact that he does make himself available so often makes us spoiled, and I'm the first to admit that we're lucky he does that. But this prize was spun as being something extra special, and from what I understand the meet-and-greet portion didn't measure up. People didn't realize that there would indeed be a champagne meet-and-greet, but they'd be meeting and greeting each other instead of Mika. :teehee:

That said I think the gig itself must have been fantastic for those who were there - just watching the videos is amazing. I still can't believe he sang without a microphone. :wub2:

Exactly Mana, well said. I'm sorry but it was advertised like a 'Champagne Meet and greet with Mika' and that, it was not. It was about fans drinking champagne together and Mika making a swift exit (when he wasn't moaning that he was in a rush) and sort of greeting them on his way out. I saw the way fans were sort of following him hoping for a chat at the end and the look of bewilderement on their faces when he ran off.

And, again, exactly.

And you know, whatever. I don't even know who you're targetting with your post, Ingie, but I personally have no bad feelings about having been too harsh or negative to him in my comments. By the same token, I don't really think that I should justify what I say to him in front of some bizarre fan court, where fans seem to be guarding the poor widdle boy's feelings. He's a grown man, in a shark infested business. I'm sure that he is ok to hear what a few fans have to say and it won't make him lose any sleep at night.

And yes, I do think that love sometimes means saying truths to people that they don't like to hear. Sometimes one needs a reality check, and adoring the other person doesn't bring anything constructive or good.

I know right? This topic is old and wrinkly now.... :aah:

Mika probably moved on ages ago. Who is to know what his tweet meant?

Sorry, I forgot. Those that know Mika's mind can tell he was referring to those people who said they didn't like the clown picture.

Excuse me while I go for a little weep in the corner. He must hate me and love all of you. :tears:

First of all Nina, I don't want to make you feel bad or like sharing the videos was a bad thing, so please don't say that :boxed:. I am just expressing how *I* see it, but it's not my intention to make you feel sad or anything of the sorts.

By rude I meant the fact that he did look disinterested like you said, or like he would have preferred to be elsewhere. It's part of his job to look happy to be there, engage with the audience, and basically, be charming and look like he's enjoying himself, to be honest. I know that this was not a paid gig, but it was meant to be a BIG prize, one that he had been bigging up since the start (I recall the excited chat in Milan, in June 09, when he told us about it, remember?) and in all honesty, I think that he didn't deliver

omg So you want him to p r e t e n d? to behave like he doesn't feel to behave? you want him to please you....? fulfil your expectations?

a true artist doesn't behave like a ......(censored word) conformist....

and you said before that you want him to be honest.... basically you want him to do certain things....

omg So you want him to p r e t e n d? to behave like he doesn't feel to behave? you want him to please you....? fulfil your expectations?

a true artist doesn't behave like a ......(censored word) conformist....

and you said before that you want him to be honest.... basically you want him to do certain things....

That's what we pay him for.

I pretend to a certain extent every day when I go to work. I do my work with good grace even if I don't like the tasks. It's what I am paid for.

I don't get as much as Mika either, you'd think he'd be able to put on a better face if he just thought of the $ signs. :wink2:

Mika probably moved on ages ago. Who is to know what his tweet meant?

Sorry, I forgot. Those that know Mika's mind can tell he was referring to those people who said they didn't like the clown picture.

Excuse me while I go for a little weep in the corner. He must hate me and love all of you. :tears:

:blink: Wait... was that.... partly directed towards me? 'Cause I never said anything like that... :huh:

Archived