Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what does he mean by "Twitter Bitter"?

I've been following Mika continuously for four years now, and your guess is as good as mine. :aah:

Are we really supposed to interpret "twitter bitter" as a response to some negative tweets? If he's pissed off, why doesn't he just say so, instead of tweeting something that doesn't make much sense and can be interpreted a bunch of different ways? :doh: Vague popstar is vague. :freak:

What I believe - and it has been confirmed in a lot of Mika's projects - is, that he's just too brilliant for a 24 hour day. He's got more ideas than he can handle. I remember some interview (might have been in Italy and or radio... I'm not sure) WAY back in 2007, when was downright bursting with ideas wrapping the first album in different media projects. Like having someone dressed up as Billy Brown appear in different places of the world and make a game out of people trying to find him and follow his story. Or radio play style stories about his album characters.

Then later on, when he started his blog and still maintained it, he started all those different categories, like the 'Where am I' game and the question answering announcements. Don't get me started about the Blackall project. All of it such great ideas - and never really carried out. Pity...

:bow:

I agree.

Totally agree with this Droopsy, if not for MFC or the people I've met through this site, I think Mika would just be one of many artists that I like. I fear he is going that way anyway.

I also agree and think I'm already at that stage.

I never reply to him on Twitter because I know he won't reply back. I guess I shouldn't expect him too, but I don't see a point in a celebrity having Twitter if they don't reply to, or at least acknowledge, the @ replies they get. Don't get me wrong, I really like TBWKTM, but I like LICM a lot more. In October it'll be two years since the last time I saw him in concert. I guess I miss seeing him live, but I can't really blame anyone for that, really. And then there are people who have never seen him live. Again, there is too much circumstantial information (if that made any sense :roftl:) to blame anyone.

I will end my pity party with this: so...how has your week been? :mf_rosetinted:

I never reply to him on Twitter because I know he won't reply back. I guess I shouldn't expect him too, but I don't see a point in a celebrity having Twitter if they don't reply to, or at least acknowledge, the @ replies they get. Don't get me wrong, I really like TBWKTM, but I like LICM a lot more. In October it'll be two years since the last time I saw him in concert. I guess I miss seeing him live, but I can't really blame anyone for that, really. And then there are people who have never seen him live. Again, there is too much circumstantial information (if that made any sense :roftl:) to blame anyone.

I will end my pity party with this: so...how has your week been? :mf_rosetinted:

agree...

I love reading his tweets, but sometimes I get sad that he almost never replies... :tears:

That´s why I´m stalking Rihanna´s twitter way more often, because she replies to her fans always, as long as she can. :wub2:

not in such intensity, but we had 2 earthquakes in Quebec that I remember vividly:boxed:

I didn't mean to imply we never get earthquakes, just that we don't have disasters on this scale. I know anything is possible, but it's just not something we fear in life (I don't anyway).

The most remarkable thing about yesterday was the incredible preparedness of the Japanese people to withstand an earthquake of this magnitude. If this had happened 100 years ago I'm sure there would have been tens and maybe hundreds of thousands of deaths from the earthquake alone (not taking into account the tsunamis).

They know this kind of disaster was a real possibility and their preparedness mitigated so much damage and things are nowhere near as bad as they could have been. I don't know how Canada would cope in a similar situation and if our buildings are even built for it.

Are we really supposed to interpret "twitter bitter" as a response to some negative tweets? If he's pissed off, why doesn't he just say so, instead of tweeting something that doesn't make much sense and can be interpreted a bunch of different ways?

As I said earlier I don't put any stock in it at all. :rolls_eyes:

I don't recall seeing anyone say anything so bad except that they hate clowns and don't want to see him dressed as one. People (including some who believe they support him unconditionally) have been saying sometimes rude and selfish things to Mika since he started tweeting. They used to moan on his MySpace and YouTube profile and blog as well. That's people for you. :dunno:

I never reply to him on Twitter because I know he won't reply back.

the minute he writes "YO" he gets 100s of messages, so he really can't reply to them all. some members got a reply from him, which is nice. keeping up with them coming in must be difficult :naughty:

I've had several replies from Mika myself but once he started saying that he hated Twitter it put me off of trying to interact with him. We all know Twitter can be annoying and even unpleasant at times but you don't announce to the world repeatedly that you hate communicating with your fans.

If he truly feels this way he should just not use Twitter. Moaning to the press and "Twitter Bitter"ing is counterproductive. Better to not tweet at all than to actively alienate your core fans. If there are a couple of people who are seriously upsetting him all he has to do is block them.

EDIT - and just so this doesn't start another round of "Mika doesn't have to do what you want"...this is not what I want. I just think it's in his own best interests to either suck up the negative aspects of Twitter or to not use it at all. Showing disdain for his fans by moaning to the press and tweeting sporadic nonsense is not good for his relationship with his fans or his image.

:boxed: I seriously think that some fans idealise Mika too much and they has too much expectation toward Mika not only about his work but about is attitude, and they judges him really quick without knowing him for real. When you idealise someone you have a certain image of this person and when this person does a thing you don't expected you reject him because is not faithful to the image you have of him. Mika is a human being as all of us and he has qualities and defaults like everyone, If you really love someone you love him with the both.

Mika just wanted to sent a picture for fans in thinking he makes some happy persons, but not to have naughty messages in return.

If some people didn't like clown or and the picture they has the right to not like and sending a message saying that they doesn't love clown because... or they doesn't like the picture cause .... but sending message to Mika in telling him "It's s***" it's really childish and rude:sneaky2:

Just a little advice before speaking about passive agressivity or other psychiatric and psychologic therms please study it at university and not in women magazine. I'm just bore with people who use all those terms without a doctor diploma in psychiatry.

"The honesty" : in french there's 7 interpretations of this term:

1. Moral state formed by instinct or habit of virtue, probity.

2. Chastity, modesty.

3. Propriety.

4. Civility.

5. Acts of civility, politeness than we do.

6. How to act obliging and courteous.

7. Present done by recognition.

I don't understand Sara what is not honest in the attitude of Mika for you :blink:

So many things to respond to in this post...

Firstly, nobody to my knowledge told him that the pic was sh*tty. They said that they had had a sh*t day, and then they came home to see the pic. That is a very different thing, isn't it?

Also, re the passive agressive comment. Sorry but in the English speaking world, this is a very common and widely used expression (by Mika himself!) and not necessarily reduced to the psychiatric and psychologic professionals. In any case though, I would like to point out something else: how do you know that people using that word are not trained in these fields? How do you know what mine or anyone's background is, for example, or where we are getting our information? Why are you assuming that I/we are getting it from 'women's magazines'? :boxed: Isn't that a little patronizing and rather beligerant a comment to make?!

Anyway, moving away from a pointless discussion, the fact is that passive agressive behaviour is very commonly seen, and therefore discussed or 'labelled', and not necessarily as a disorder or illness but as a behaviour. So there is nothing wrong about using it to comment on someone displaying that behaviour. It doesn't imply that this person has some personality disorder or mental health problem :dunno:

Lastly, on the honesty part....I could go on and on, and explain it for pages on end and bore everyone, but I believe that if you don't understand what I mean now, it will be pointless, so I won't really go there.

EDIT:

I forgot to comment on the 'idolising Mika' topic!

If you knew me at all, even a little bit, you would know that not only am I the furthest that one could be from idolising Mika, but I also feel I know quite a bit about him or what he's like. Warts and all. ESPECIALLY warts and all!

Heck, even Mika knows very well that I don't idolise him at all :roftl: so I think that your point is pretty irrelevant there. If it was aimed at me, which, going by the rest of your post, it would seem it was.

I believe it's because of the REALLY BAD comments about his last pic he sent on twitter

Well, the problem is (as Mana said on the post quoted below) that we don't actually KNOW. He's just being vague, and by being vague and negative in the same go, not really helping things much, IMO. As I said, if he's pissed off about something, he should say it. Has anyone seen how Adam Lambert is tweeting? He's open, upfront, and not afraid to say things as he feels them. He has all my respect. Some of his fans were having a go at one of his band members, and he set them straight. I do with Mika would be like that instead of posting vague passive agressive stuff like 'Twitter bitter' and then buggering off leaving a cloud of confusion behind him.

This is exactly why he annoys me:

I've been following Mika continuously for four years now, and your guess is as good as mine. :aah:

Are we really supposed to interpret "twitter bitter" as a response to some negative tweets? If he's pissed off, why doesn't he just say so, instead of tweeting something that doesn't make much sense and can be interpreted a bunch of different ways? :doh: Vague popstar is vague. :freak:

Just a brief quote of this:

I know what you mean, Louise. I totally get the twitter point too.

the minute he writes "YO" he gets 100s of messages, so he really can't reply to them all. some members got a reply from him, which is nice. keeping up with them coming in must be difficult :naughty:

The thing that Louise is trying to say, I think, is that other 'celebs' using Twitter (who, incidentally, have far far more followers and responses than Mika gets) DO reply to some, with things that make sense, or communicating.

He will just send a random reply that doesn't really mean much, if even. Most of the time it's just a one way alley of randomness that doesn't really do much for people's sense of connecting with the person Mika. He doesn't need to quote people to respond either. Some people will reply to people's questions just with a regular tweet directed to everyone, but answering what many people are asking.

The fact is, Mika has been moaning to us that he hates twitter since 2009. I've heard it first hand from him at least two times that I can remember. If he REALLY does hate it, then he shouldn't use it. Because his unwillingness to communicate comes across, and many of us can see through his silly 'non update-y' tweets which are just a smoke screen to the fact that he's not willing to communicate.

I guess that I should also mention that something which bothered me was his attitude towards people at the magic points gig. I found that he behaved appallingly with the fans who where there, and I could see their faces going "WTF" when he left, and they were left behind without the promised meet and greet. He just really quickly blew them off, and with what I thought was a rather rude vibe, judging by the videos and reports of people who were there whose judgement I trust. This is what I am getting at: he's consistently displaying this "I can't be bothered" attitude with his supposedly core fans. What was so urgent about the magic numbers gig? Why did he even have to schedule it on a day where he had to rush off?

He hasn't been doing any gigging for months, and this contest was finished early. He could have done the gig and the promised meet and greet anytime. Why do it when he had to rush off? And he didn't even look particularly pleased to be there or interested in his audience, to be honest. He hardly even looked at them!

I've seen him interact with his audience far, far more at regular gigs. Surely this gig was meant to be super special?

If I had been there I would have been super disappointed, I can tell you that.

I know that this is not really relevant to the twitter thread, but it is relevant to illustrate where my feelings are (partly) coming from.

I didn't mean to imply we never get earthquakes, just that we don't have disasters on this scale. I know anything is possible, but it's just not something we fear in life (I don't anyway).

The most remarkable thing about yesterday was the incredible preparedness of the Japanese people to withstand an earthquake of this magnitude. If this had happened 100 years ago I'm sure there would have been tens and maybe hundreds of thousands of deaths from the earthquake alone (not taking into account the tsunamis).

They know this kind of disaster was a real possibility and their preparedness mitigated so much damage and things are nowhere near as bad as they could have been. I don't know how Canada would cope in a similar situation and if our buildings are even built for it.

it's amazing how Japan was prepared for this. cnn keeps mentioning it too.

i guess for Japan, earthquakes is a constant threat. Canada wouldn't fair so well, that's for sure... all Quebec is prepared for are snowstorms :blush-anim-cl:

I don't recall seeing anyone say anything so bad except that they hate clowns and don't want to see him dressed as one. People (including some who believe they support him unconditionally) have been saying sometimes rude and selfish things to Mika since he started tweeting. They used to moan on his MySpace and YouTube profile and blog as well. That's people for you. :dunno:

i didn't either. a few said it was deja vu, a few expressed they didn't like clowns, but i didn't see anything scandalous. there are always the ones that seem to make it all about themselves, but it's nothing new. :naughty:

i never got a tweet from him, i kinda gave up. but i got 2 from Perez 2 days ago :aah:

it's amazing how Japan was prepared for this. cnn keeps mentioning it too.

i guess for Japan, earthquakes is a constant threat. Canada wouldn't fair so well, that's for sure... all Quebec is prepared for are snowstorms :blush-anim-cl:

Yep, that is the only good side of this tragedy...to thhink that it would have been far, far worse elsewhere. It's so upsetting though :boxed: My heart breaks for everyone affected.

i didn't either. a few said it was deja vu, a few expressed they didn't like clowns, but i didn't see anything scandalous. there are always the ones that seem to make it all about themselves, but it's nothing new. :naughty:

Yeah, exactly. I think this was a reaction to other stuff, to be honest. Not the fact that people didn't like the clown pics :teehee:

i never got a tweet from him, i kinda gave up. but i got 2 from Perez 2 days ago :aah:

You go, Guy :yay:

I never got a tweet from him either :dunno: but as I consider myself very lucky with having gotten other things from him which I rate higher than a tweet, it's ok. I do go very fangurly every time Richard Bacon tweets me though :wub2: I love the man to bits :blush-anim-cl:

I guess that I should also mention that something which bothered me was his attitude towards people at the magic points gig. I found that he behaved appallingly with the fans who where there, and I could see their faces going "WTF" when he left, and they were left behind without the promised meet and greet. He just really quickly blew them off, and with what I thought was a rather rude vibe, judging by the videos and reports of people who were there whose judgement I trust. This is what I am getting at: he's consistently displaying this "I can't be bothered" attitude with his supposedly core fans. What was so urgent about the magic numbers gig? Why did he even have to schedule it on a day where he had to rush off?

He hasn't been doing any gigging for months, and this contest was finished early. He could have done the gig and the promised meet and greet anytime. Why do it when he had to rush off? And he didn't even look particularly pleased to be there or interested in his audience, to be honest. He hardly even looked at them!

I've seen him interact with his audience far, far more at regular gigs. Surely this gig was meant to be super special?

I didn't actually think there was any *rude* vibe during the magic points gig, not at all :blink: My feeling was that his mind was somewhere else, or that he wanted to be somewhere else. He seemed to be nervous and maybe feeling uncomfortable, because he was not prepared. We got our M&G, he did come to talk to us after his performance, even though he wasn't as chatty as some other times.

Maybe I should have felt disappointed, but I was just pleased I saw the gig. It was very different than I had seen before, and very different than it's usually possible to see. It was also perfectly organized, and the atmosphere between fans was just great (which made me very happy). I do regret now a bit that we shared our vids and reports, we could have agreed not to share.

I was hoping he would take pictures with us and maybe chat a bit more, but I tried not to expect anything. Of course I always enjoy if he gives some attention to his core fans, it's always special to get an extra smile or a few relaxed words (if he is in a chatty mood), but I don't want to waste my time feeling disappointed if he doesn't.

I do regret now a bit that we shared our vids and reports, we could have agreed not to share.

Oh please don't feel that way. :sad:

You know what I think about this whole thing but I also agree with everything you said about it being a very special gig and a wonderful vibe with the other fans.

I don't know if they did or not but I asked Team Mika to pass on my thanks to Mika and said that I hoped he would consider doing it again and including more fans so they could also experience it.

I think the disappointment that Sara and I and probably some others are expressing goes beyond a clown photo and even Mika's distractedness at the gig. It's very difficult to discuss in total frankness and the danger in bringing it up at all is to possibly make people feel bad when that is not the intention.

I just think it's in his own best interests to either suck up the negative aspects of Twitter or to not use it at all. Showing disdain for his fans by moaning to the press and tweeting sporadic nonsense is not good for his relationship with his fans or his image.

Do you think Mike needs to improve his relations with his fans? I'm just trying to understand that thing with twitter :teehee: It's not like we are living in caves here but the twitter is not that popular yet. And I have never used it myself...

But I was always sure that all that strange twits from Mika is a part of his image :teehee: And we love him because he is strange sometimes and funny and well..a little bit infantile :teehee: so I thought that these twits are perfect for his image :aah: Oh and If you are completely not agree with me I can always blame difference in cultures :aah:

I'm just trying to understand that thing with twitter :teehee: It's not like we are living in caves here but the twitter is not that popular yet. And I have never used it myself... :

It is really easy to learn:wink2:. It is not popular or widespread here, either, but I joined soon after Mika opened his account. I actually treated it almost like an extension of MFC and thought I'd be friends with all MFC people there before I realised that I can't be as I can't possibly read everyone's tweets. :doh:

But I was always sure that all that strange twits from Mika is a part of his image :teehee:

In a way, they are. His tweets contribute to the image people have of him. So I think we are actually talking about the way he presents himself and if we are happy to see that or would rather see him change a bit.

Do you think Mike needs to improve his relations with his fans?

Look at it this way. Mika has maybe 10,000 - 15,000 core fans between MFC, DMFC, the French-speaking sites, etc. But he's sold millions of albums. The thing is, these millions of fans aren't hanging onto his every word like we are. A casual fan who only bought TBWKTM because she liked "Rain" might follow his tweets for a couple weeks, but when she realizes he's rarely tweeting about the music she could very well unfollow him. That's one less fan that he will have a direct link with once the new album is ready; to reach her, he will now have to hope for radio play, or that she'll see him interviewed on some TV show or something.

The same thing applies to Mikasounds. A casual fan who stops by looking for information on the new album and finds outdated content and broken links is not going to come back. And the crucial thing about communication channels like Mikasounds and Twitter is that if casual fans are kept engaged, it will be much easier to reach them when there's a new album to sell. Every fan who learns that Mika has a new album out because she saw his tweets about it or has been hanging around Mikasounds is one less fan that has to be reached by radio or other means.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is what people mean when they say it's not just about a personal desire for Mika to offer the occasional tweet about what's going on with his music. He can tweet about bees or clown pics if he likes, but to ONLY tweet about those things is just not in his overall best interest. :dunno:

It is really easy to learn:wink2:. It is not popular or widespread here, either, but I joined soon after Mika opened his account. I actually treated it almost like an extension of MFC and thought I'd be friends with all MFC people there before I realised that I can't be as I can't possibly read everyone's tweets. :doh:

Thank you for the explanation :thumb_yello: May be I will have a twitter also one day :dunno:

The same thing applies to Mikasounds. A casual fan who stops by looking for information on the new album and finds outdated content and broken links is not going to come back. And the crucial thing about communication channels like Mikasounds and Twitter is that if casual fans are kept engaged, it will be much easier to reach them when there's a new album to sell. Every fan who learns that Mika has a new album out because she saw his tweets about it or has been hanging around Mikasounds is one less fan that has to be reached by radio or other means.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is what people mean when they say it's not just about a personal desire for Mika to offer the occasional tweet about what's going on with his music. He can tweet about bees or clown pics if he likes, but to ONLY tweet about those things is just not in his overall best interest. :dunno:

Oh I see your point now. Of course you are right...I have never checked official mikasounds site myself. Usually I got all information here on MFC.

But may be nothing serious he could twit about is ready yet :dunno: I think I read somewhere that Mika didn't communicate much with his fans between 1st and 2nd albums as well (may be I'm mistaken because I didn't know about him that time at all).

So that's why I was thinking it's a progress that he is twitting at least something between his 2nd and 3d album :teehee: I was ready that we would hear nothing from him till his 3d album...

Look at it this way. Mika has maybe 10,000 - 15,000 core fans between MFC, DMFC, the French-speaking sites, etc. But he's sold millions of albums. The thing is, these millions of fans aren't hanging onto his every word like we are. A casual fan who only bought TBWKTM because she liked "Rain" might follow his tweets for a couple weeks, but when she realizes he's rarely tweeting about the music she could very well unfollow him. That's one less fan that he will have a direct link with once the new album is ready; to reach her, he will now have to hope for radio play, or that she'll see him interviewed on some TV show or something.

I think when he's got something to really tweet about the new material, he will when the time is right. It's possible it's not ready yet. He did say the album will be ready when it's good enough, perhaps he doesn't want to tweet anything about it until he feels it's heading that way.

It's not like he hasn't said anything at all about what's happening. He's told us he's excited about how things are going and that he's got other projects on the go too. And we know what he's like for teasing, so it's not like it's a big surprise that he's tweeting cryptically, he did it last time too.

I do agree about Mikasounds site, it does need updating considerably, and hopefully when things start moving with this album, it'll get kicked back to life again.

I know that this is not really relevant to the twitter thread, but it is relevant to illustrate where my feelings are (partly) coming from.

Agree with you, I´d be dissapointed too.. It looked like a super chance to see Mika performing, to talk to him and take a picture, to give some presents etc.. But .. it wasn´t that personal, I think.. And when you take a fact that those fans bought huge ammount of things from mikasounds.com only to earn points, and they spent hours by posting comments and pics to earn points, they deserved more attention, didn´t they? If I won, I´d be upset, because I would surely take all my drawings to show him, but he looked like he wouldn´t care too much, even If I did it.. :dunno:

(sorry 4 my crazy english :aah:)

I know just the thing for him to win us all back- SURPRISE TWITTER GIG!!! in... Toronto, Canada. yes. that would work VERY nicely. for me, at least XD

sigh... the sad thing is how highly unlikely it is

:aah: I want one at the York Fairgrounds, but that's probably not gonna happen either.

By the way, to all... #welovemika. :teehee::wub2:

Agree with you, I´d be dissapointed too.. It looked like a super chance to see Mika performing, to talk to him and take a picture, to give some presents etc.. But .. it wasn´t that personal, I think.. And when you take a fact that those fans bought huge ammount of things from mikasounds.com only to earn points, and they spent hours by posting comments and pics to earn points, they deserved more attention, didn´t they? If I won, I´d be upset, because I would surely take all my drawings to show him, but he looked like he wouldn´t care too much, even If I did it.. :dunno:

(sorry 4 my crazy english :aah:)

I think what it comes down to is that the prize was spun as being a private, intimate gig and a champagne meet and greet. Based on that I had a mental image of a group of winners mingling around a room, drinking champagne, and Mika working the room among them.

From what I've heard he blew off rather quickly after he finished performing, not spending any more time with the winners than he would after any regular gig where he might accept gifts and sign autographs in some venue alley. Now, one could argue that the fact that he does make himself available so often makes us spoiled, and I'm the first to admit that we're lucky he does that. But this prize was spun as being something extra special, and from what I understand the meet-and-greet portion didn't measure up. People didn't realize that there would indeed be a champagne meet-and-greet, but they'd be meeting and greeting each other instead of Mika. :teehee:

That said I think the gig itself must have been fantastic for those who were there - just watching the videos is amazing. I still can't believe he sang without a microphone. :wub2:

I know just the thing for him to win us all back- SURPRISE TWITTER GIG!!! in... Toronto, Canada. yes. that would work VERY nicely. for me, at least XD

sigh... the sad thing is how highly unlikely it is

Oh yes please! That works for me too. Just give me a couple days notice to get on a plane. :roftl:

True. Which is another reason why I never reply. :aah: I wish I could post a two letter tweet and have looooooots of responses. :naughty:

If he truly feels this way he should just not use Twitter.

I think so as well. He shouldn't feel obliged to do anything. I mean, I think Twitter is an excellent form of communication with a celebrity of any kind. If they're communicating with your fans properly.

It's not like we are living in caves here but the twitter is not that popular yet.

Maybe in some parts of the world it isn't, but I tend to think it's quite popular. So many celebrities and many of my friends have it as well. I don't consider it as popular as, say, Facebook, but I think it's something that is popular/trendy.

Also, re the passive agressive comment. Sorry but in the English speaking world, this is a very common and widely used expression (by Mika himself!) and not necessarily reduced to the psychiatric and psychologic professionals.

It's true. I use that term all the time and I'm not a professional of anything. (Except, maybe, eating. :mf_rosetinted:)

The thing that Louise is trying to say, I think, is that other 'celebs' using Twitter (who, incidentally, have far far more followers and responses than Mika gets) DO reply to some, with things that make sense, or communicating.

And some reply to quite a lot (and I know "a lot" is all relative). I'm not sure if anyone knows the show "Tosh.0", but it airs every Tuesday. During the airing of the episode, the guy on the show (Daniel Tosh) will live tweet chat (or whatever you'd call it) with his fans. Look on his page on a Tuesday night and it's full of @ replies to fans, and that guy has nearly 1.6 million followers.

Kat Von D is another example, I think, of someone who uses Twitter well. She has nearly half a million followers and I've recieved a response from her before. It was three words, but it was the best three words ever (:teehee:). And I'm one of many. It doesn't take much for a fan to get excited, is what I think and am trying to get at.

Some people will reply to people's questions just with a regular tweet directed to everyone, but answering what many people are asking.

Yup! Mark Hoppus (from a band called Blink-182, for those who don't know) is auctioning off stuff from the band to raise money for what happened in Japan. He posted a tweet with something along the lines of "what do you want to see auctioned off?" and then some time afterward he said something like "someone suggested" or "some people want". He didn't necessarily have to reply to every person, but he was indirectly acknowedging he reads his @ replies.

What was it? :biggrin2:

The same thing applies to Mikasounds. A casual fan who stops by looking for information on the new album and finds outdated content and broken links is not going to come back.

I'd like to consider myself a core fan and I have to say the Mikasounds website annoys me. I put off making an account on there for a long time and have logged in a handful of times. I can't stand it...

Haven’t you people thought that this hard criticism on the part of some of his core fans might lead to him saying F*ck them all, if they’re never content I won’t waste my time and be nice (oops, sorry, I mean kind) to my fans anymore, instead of to him correcting what he’s doing wrong, IF, and I say IF, he’s doing anything wrong, which I don’t think he is?

Wouldn’t it be desirable that in the future this sort of “complaints” were expressed in private to the ones one befriends, instead of on a public forum, furthermore on HIS fan club forum? I fear they’ll do no good to anyone. Just saying...

:dunno:

I didn't actually think there was any *rude* vibe during the magic points gig, not at all :blink: My feeling was that his mind was somewhere else, or that he wanted to be somewhere else. He seemed to be nervous and maybe feeling uncomfortable, because he was not prepared. We got our M&G, he did come to talk to us after his performance, even though he wasn't as chatty as some other times.

Maybe I should have felt disappointed, but I was just pleased I saw the gig. It was very different than I had seen before, and very different than it's usually possible to see. It was also perfectly organized, and the atmosphere between fans was just great (which made me very happy).

Agree. Plus I myself feel incredibly lucky to have been able to be there! :wub2:

We're trying to get #welovemika trending on twitter if anyone wants to join in :original:

Impressive! :clap:

Seriously considering creating an account right now, after all this time of anti-Twitterness on my part! :aah:

Archived