Best wishes to Paloma

suisuimeko

I'm not even going to give you an explanation about the prices that I found.

Sorry, but I can't understand why you are being that disrespectful... If you had a bad day sorry but that's not my prob.

I've had a lovely day so far not sure why you think I haven't. You don't owe me any explanation, I'm just being truthful and saying what I believe. Taking your statement at face value, it doesn't ring true to me.

So people like to stay near Mika's home? I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, just that I'd like to see more honesty about it. After all London is over 600 square miles in size with nearly 8 million inhabitants and over 120,000 hotel rooms alone so I hope you will forgive my scepticism.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were not many cheap hostels except in South Ken! Sorry to take exception to this but South Ken is and has been for many years one of the most expensive districts in London.

I am glad Paloma is doing well but I do wish people would stop denying the obvious. Mika fans stay in and around South Ken in the hope of bumping in to Mika. There may be the odd exception to the rule but generally that is the fact of the matter.

I'd respect people much more if they were honest about it all.

Hasn't he moved yet ? Hopefully he'll move out of that nasty cheap area that is SK!

Any news on that?

I don't want to defend or attack anybody; but I've already heard of a few people around me booking hostels in South Kensington (around Royal Albert Hall is South Ken right?) because they were cheaper; or at least cheap enough.. And they were not Mika fans, don't even know that Mika is from that area and would not care about it

Anyway, I'm glad to hear these news about Paloma :wub2:

I've stayed in two places - a hotel and a hostel arranged by school holiday reps for my husband's school. The prices must have been very competitive and I was just along as an extra adult. But my, how I smiled to think how close I was!

I don't want to defend or attack anybody; but I've already heard of a few people around me booking hostels in South Kensington (around Royal Albert Hall is South Ken right?) because they were cheaper; or at least cheap enough.. And they were not Mika fans, don't even know that Mika is from that area and would not care about it

Anyway, I'm glad to hear these news about Paloma :wub2:

I don't wish to attack anyone either, but I think that the test is easily done :naughty:.

Go to a site for hostels in London, select them to display the cheapest first, and see how many other areas you get before South Ken comes up in the list :teehee::fisch:

Ditto.

I don't care what anyone does, each to their own, but denying the obvious is just a bit silly (IMO). Even if they are not going there to 'actively stalk', I'm fairly sure that most Mika fans that end up staying there do so because they heard of the area through him...

A simple web search for "how to book cheap hotels" brings up several articles explaining how the prices of hotels fluctuate, which displays how easy it is to end up with a room in an expensive neighborhood that is less expensive than an economy room in a less expensive neighborhood. I have several stories of ending up in fancy hotels because I caught a good deal. My friends have similar stories from their travels in Britain. It is a matter of timing, coincidence, and savvy.

I offer this post only as a respectful counter point. I did not feel it right to see an accusation of dishonesty and to keep silent when I have information that may help to clear up any misunderstanding. I hope that this post is beneficial for anybody who reads it.

In the interest of being on topic, I have kept Paloma in my thoughts and hope that her recovery is going smoothly and that she is as happy and healthy as she can be. I hope life brings her every joy. :wub2:

I can respectfully confirm that I did a specific search for room rates during those same dates, in the same city (London) and Kensington was nowhere near the cheap ones, special offers or not. I am quite a keen traveller and bargain hunter for that reason, and believe me, I looked at many sites and found the best deals...and they were in other areas :naughty:

Anyway, I find that when you introduce the concept of there being an accusation of dishonesty, and quote my post to 'clarify' it, you are making my post to be what it was not, which I do have an issue with.

As I said, I am not accusing anyone of anything, merely stating things as they are.

This discussion is hilarious. :lmfao:

Here's the long and short of it: I don't care if Mika's next-door neighbour is renting out his house for £1 a day. If, as an MFCer, you announce that you specifically chose to stay in South Kensington knowing Mika lives (or lived) there, and then run into him or his family, people are going to assume you were hoping such an encounter would happen.

Hell, I ran into Mika in a Brussels airport taking one of the only flights from Brussels to Milan that morning (y'know, his tour route), and people accused me of having dodgy stalking motives. :doh: That's the way it goes in Mikaland. If you don't want to be accused of having ulterior motives, don't mention ever laying eyes on anyone connected with him outside of his gigs. :rolls_eyes:

All that aside, I'm glad to hear Paloma's recovery seems to be going as well as can be expected. I can't believe it's already been so long since it happened. I wish her all the best. :huglove:

This discussion started because of sthing I posted, so, please I'd like to finish it here. The reasons that took my to South Kensington were not only the prices, but also the fact that two friends of mine were visiting me (I'm staying for a short period in the UK) in London, so, as there were no spare rooms in their hotel, I booked in another hostel near theirs.

I'm not going to deny that I'm glad of having seen Paloma, ok? I was really happy and I was really happy to know that she's recovering. That's the only reason that led me to post that information on this thread.

However, I can perfectly understand that not all of you will believe me, so, seriously, if you want to discuss this further, contact me through PMs or anyway you want to, and let's leave this thread for all those who want to wish the best to Paloma.

This discussion is hilarious. :lmfao:

Here's the long and short of it: I don't care if Mika's next-door neighbour is renting out his house for £1 a day. If, as an MFCer, you announce that you specifically chose to stay in South Kensington knowing Mika lives (or lived) there, and then run into him or his family, people are going to assume you were hoping such an encounter would happen.

Hell, I ran into Mika in a Brussels airport taking one of the only flights from Brussels to Milan that morning (y'know, his tour route), and people accused me of having dodgy stalking motives. :doh: That's the way it goes in Mikaland. If you don't want to be accused of having ulterior motives, don't mention ever laying eyes on anyone connected with him outside of his gigs. :rolls_eyes:

All that aside, I'm glad to hear Paloma's recovery seems to be going as well as can be expected. I can't believe it's already been so long since it happened. I wish her all the best. :huglove:

:aah::aah::aah:

You stalker, you! :mf_rosetinted:

Just a warning: if I ever go back to London I WILL go to South Kensington. That's where Freddie Mercury's house is (or near there), and I don't think they can move it anywhere, so...I will go there. Mika, stay away from that area, ok? :roftl:

About the real subject of this thread, it's amazing to see Paloma's recovery going so well! She's such a strong lady! :wub2: And yes, time flies! It was over a year ago, incredible! :shocked:

*Edit* - There, Guy... I edited it! :lmfao:

Edited by Mary

ok... please, let's move on?

Glad she is doing well and that she'll be even better the next time we see her.

Hopefully during the next tour! :yay:

Sorry to disappoint, but for a tour there needs to be an album ,and so far all we have is a big, salad eating bear :teehee:

I'm sure Mika's blog didn't mean to sound as if he ran away from Paloma's situation, but it did rather read like that to me.

Yes I know what you mean. But I don't think he "had to go and not come back" until February and that was 4 months after the accident so in the context of that timeline it doesn't sound like running away at all. And it's not as if he literally did not go back home. He even said at the time that he was doing so many transatlantic flights in order to see Paloma. He was in London in May when I visited and he's obviously been home other times as well.

I thought that what he was getting at was that he had to get out there and spend his working time with people in the industry who are all over the world and not holed up in a studio by himself in London because it's convenient.

I'm sure Mika's blog didn't mean to sound as if he ran away from Paloma's situation, but it did rather read like that to me.

I thought Mika was trying to be closer to home and be there often because of Paloma. And He changed something in His own plans for her. I thought so, and I think it was. And I was sure that He will celebrate Christmas at home last year and this year. Because Paloma can not go anywhere. I'm sure Mika did not ran away from Paloma's situation.