2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

I hope he will have new music out sometime in the not too distant future instead of messing about with this poncy crap.

I expect it paid well though and lots of people fawned over him.

This isn't really why I like Mika, it's his music. I can do without this.

That's quite close to how I feel about it, too. But I already said I didn't like it in the other thread. It strikes me as if he was about to sell his soul. I know this is drastically exaggerated, but that was my first reaction, and it is how I feel about it.

From a rational point of view and to be fair, he has done things like that in the past, too. Even in the very beginning of his career, with that Paul Smith campaign. I didn't like those pics either, but didn't really care much because those pics were not all over the place and at that time I think he was a little more present with his music. I thought it was a case of being young and needing the money. However, he is quite versatile and multitalented and probably has more than just one interest. And I know he can be anything. Does not always have to be anything I like. :dunno:

I think he likes the thought of being stylish. I'd prefer him to find his own style, though. I never really liked those odd skinny trousers and a few other things but I always appreciated his insisting in being different. I don't see that in the Boss ad. As I said in the other thread, that ad annoys me because it could really be anybody's face on there. If I saw that pic and had never heard a thing about Mika I'd think of the face as belonging to just another featureless prick who happens to be somewhat handsome. I wouldn't google for his name or want to find out what additional talents he might have besides facing a camera with that rather blank look.

You mean the perfume? It is already available. :naughty:

As for the ad, it should be easier to find in glossy magazines:wink2:

It kind of depends on how extensively The Perfume Shop markets it, if all their branches stock it. The one in my hometown, isn't very big, but I'll look on Sunday.

I don't buy the fancy mags that HB usually advertises in, so I wouldn't see them.

Maybe it's only until summer, cause he will release the new album then?

So now making everyone curious about him.everyone googles him and then BAM new album?

you understand what I mean?

He said on March will start to recording his new album :wink2:

I like it. Like the pic (even with a bit too much editing there), like the ad, like the slogan... HB is known to have very good campaigns, with HUGE stars, I don't see this as a bad thing for Mika, at all!

As I said on FB, the day he starts to do bad taste ads and leaving the music behind, THEN I'll be worried. :naughty:

Of course it's not what I like the most, and I certainly prefer to see him on stage, and making vlogs about the new album, etc., but I like this. :thumb_yello:

Now boy...back to the studio, please! We're dying to hear your new stuff! :aah:

I like it. Like the pic (even with a bit too much editing there), like the ad, like the slogan... HB is known to have very good campaigns, with HUGE stars, I don't see this as a bad thing for Mika, at all!

As I said on FB, the day he starts to do bad taste ads and leaving the music behind, THEN I'll be worried. :naughty:

Of course it's not what I like the most, and I certainly prefer to see him on stage, and making vlogs about the new album, etc., but I like this. :thumb_yello:

I agree about it :thumb_yello:

I agree with you, missy, even the slogan has to do with him. Of course I'd love to know that he's hiding 'cause he's working in his music, but he also said he's working on different projects. And I really can't believe he'd lose himself with stupid things, leaving music behind. Actually, I can't see him working with something that's not related to music, and he always says that what he wants most is to continue doing what he's doing. So, I'm definitely not "worried". :wink2:

Edited by Fran

I agree with you on all points.

Having said that what bothers me about this is that Mika tries to paint a different picture of himself to his fans/in interviews. "I don't like fashion/labels" - except that I wear bespoke Louboutins almost exclusively, host parties with Lanvin, endorse designer fragrances.

"I've been losing myself...the hiding is working" - except when I'm not doing corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres.

Mika can do whatever he wants but if he tells me one thing and does something else...:dunno:

Having said that what bothers me about this is that Mika tries to paint a different picture of himself to his fans/in interviews. "I don't like fashion/labels" - except that I wear bespoke Louboutins almost exclusively, host parties with Lanvin, endorse designer fragrances.

"I've been loosing myself...the hiding is working" - except when I'm not doing corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres.

Mika can do whatever he wants but if he tells me one thing and does something else...:dunno:

I know what you mean, and yes, it's probably the worst of this. :huh:

But honestly, a guy like Mika saying "I don't like fashion" it's the least credible statement we could ever read. :teehee:

"I've been loosing myself...the hiding is working" - except when I'm not doing corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres.

I perfectly understand what you mean, Chris, but maybe I see things from another point of view.

When he says he doesn't like fashion/labels, I think he means that he can't appreciate that squared thing, when everybody looks exactly the same and, even worse, expects everyone to look the same. I think he wants to tell us what we can see: he knows how to valorize good products, but loves to use them according to his taste and personality - and he's definitely successful IMO.

About "corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres", in one way or another, this IS his job. He needs to be seen around, it is an important part of being famous... Besides, everyone deserves some fresh air, even (and especially) when the work is hard.

My opinion :blush-anim-cl:

I perfectly understand what you mean, Chris, but maybe I see things from another point of view.

When he says he doesn't like fashion/labels, I think he means that he can't appreciate that squared thing, when everybody looks exactly the same and, even worse, expects everyone to look the same. I think he wants to tell us what we can see: he knows how to valorize good products, but loves to use them according to his taste and personality - and he's definitely successful IMO.

About "corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres", in one way or another, this IS his job. He needs to be seen around, it is an important part of being famous... Besides, everyone deserves some fresh air, even (and especially) when the work is hard.

That's a good way of looking at it! :thumb_yello:

Well said, I agree :thumb_yello: I'm sure he enjoys good quality brands too, he just wants to use them in his own way. He does love shoes, clothes, fragrances...

He can do whatever he wants. I just don't want to be fed BS about it.

"I've been losing myself...the hiding is working" - except when I'm not doing corporate gigs, endorsements deals and being seen around town at premieres.

That is exactly how I feel about this. I don't care that he's doing these campaigns and running around from party to party and to celeb haunts in town or travelling living the high life; That's his decision and he can do wahtever he likes. But I do mind him saying something that conflicts with the realit y that we see, like that he's in hiding working on the new songs, etc...

It really doesn't bother me that he doesn't tweet or blog, but it bothers me A LOT that he then goes on twitter to 'excuse' himself for his silence, justifying it with him supposedly burying himself in his work. That is clearly not the case; He's been going to parties and to the flashiest clubs in town, he is not locked away in some studio working away all hours :aah: so why does he have to say that??

As I said before, I don't care that he's silent, but I do care that he lies about it, because again this is like the Xmas blog. He's showing that he doesn't give a toss. IMO of course :biggrin2:

I'm so happy for Mika . Hugo Boss is known in Russia . Even I would say that this is hackneyed concept . Even I know HB , although I do not pay attention to labels

and not interested in perfume . I'll look for

that ad in my town . I was stunned by this pic of Mika and I really wanted a quality original . Very much! The only reason I had so often flashed before in the eyes of all. Sorry.

I love macho Mika ! this is a very

in Russian)

very handsome!

Edited by Lena