2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

A few weeks ago I was b*tchng becuase he wasn't letting hisef be known and not doing a good job marketing wise. So what you guys have beeing saying, changed my mind a lil regarding the ad :teehee:

Also it is true that creativity isn't expressed in cloth. Dressing plain white, orange or in a black suit doesn't change the fact that he's creative...I guess the statement they want to make is just with mika the person not the character he becomes on stage

But still is confusing for me they could have make it a bit more mikaish...

Anyways he seems to be changing his image alot now, so can't say what's mikaish anymore :hypo:

I was confused at the beginning also even if I like the ad but I tend to agree with you now :thumb_yello:

Bad friends :aah::naughty: I showed the ad only to my husband and he said "yes yes it's mika" I think he didn't pay much attention :sneaky2:

:lmao:

I just showed it to Mr. Violet and this is the script of our entire coversation about it:

"Is it real?"

"Yes."

"Hm."

I guess the statement they want to make is just with mika the person not the character he becomes on stage

yes, except that it's not "them" (i.e. HB) who want to make such statement but Mika agreed for his success story to be presented that way.

Hugo Boss does not care about Mika's career. All they want to show is that this guy used his creativity to become successful.

Message delivered, they can now work on their next campaign.

yes, except that it's not "them" (i.e. HB) who want to make such statement but Mika agreed for his success story to be presented that way.

Hugo Boss does not care about Mika's career. All they want to show is that this guy used his creativity to become successful.

I agree...

I have no problem with him doing this add.

obviously they paid good money. money is freedom , mika is a free spirit...:mf_rosetinted:

But who knows, maybe people may see this ad and go "wait, that's Mika? That dorky kid with the fluffy hair. He got HOT! :shocked:"

that was pretty much my reaction!:teehee:

Instead of Creativity drives success, according to his latest buzzzzz twits, guess the message should be Sex Activity in Hives Depress::teehee:

mikahugobossjpg.png

Wow! what a surprise to see the ad is real, Mika doesn't match HB, IMO

But my internal fan says: he looks so handsome! wub2: :aah::mf_rosetinted:

Ok there must be a line that divides evolving from changing who you are (how you define yourself).

He seems to be proud of being unfashionable and tacky and then he comes around with this type of ads...?

The confusing part of the ad for me is the slogan "true originals, believing that rules are made to be challenged" and he appears in a suit and tie? yeah that's original! and defo breaking the rules :rolls_eyes:

but then again, mika has no comitment to be the same as when he started his career, if anything he has told he likes contradiction.

All these makes the ad so confusing for me :hypo:

contradiction must have a healthy limit imo

Well, what if you look at it differently? So if Mika is the true original they're talking about, isn't posing like this, in such an outfit, challenging the rules? Rules of perception. Rules of how people usually think of Mika: colorful, bright, goofy, weird... whatever terms. And now there he is, in a black suit and tie. Well, after reading some comments here it surely seems different and challenging for people to see him like this :teehee:

But who knows, maybe people who recognize his name but had forgotten about him since Grace Kelly may see this ad and go "wait, that's Mika? That dorky kid with the fluffy hair and the weird red outfit in that song about being like Grace Kelly? He got HOT! :shocked:"

:roftl: Yeah, I think a lot of my friends would react like that :naughty:

mikahugobossjpg.png

:naughty:

Anyway, I don't really have an opinion about this. I don't mind it, I don't love it. I do think he has a bit of a blank stare on it, that's a shame.

I'm more looking forward to see if there will be a commerical, I hope so! :thumb_yello:

Where is creativity ?

Creativity is in the way he has managed his career so far, by challenging the rules in general and also the rules of perception (i.e the way people think of him / his stage persona).

..read earlier posts... :wink2:

I thought I taw a twoll

very angry tweety.jpg

:lmao:

I just showed it to Mr. Violet and this is the script of our entire coversation about it:

"Is it real?"

"Yes."

"Hm."

is it real?:roftl:

I can't blame him for thinking it was one of your photoshopped pics

you did better ones just as convincing:naughty:

This is a big and brilliant step for Mika. It shows that he is gorgeous, and more particularly, grown up and a beautiful/handsome man. His look is haunting and not one you would forget easily - I think it will make people take a look at who is he and what he does.

He can't stay a goofy kid forever and this shows how different he is and how beautiful he has become. Not to mention how Masculine he looks it's absolutely brilliant. There was a video with Jonathan Rhys Meyers with a girl in an empty arena in a boxing ring - it was very, very beautiful and very, very sexy. Hopefully it would great to see Mika in video for the Hugo Boss fragrance.

He is a young man and he is expanding his horizons - he has people to meet, places to go and music to write. He needs lots of space to grow and create. His creativity I think reminds me of a young Andrew Lloyd Weber (but much, much, better looking and a different genre obviously). He has to outgrow tofu dolls, etc. - it's nice to see him looking and acting his age - young, beautiful and very sexy with those smoldering eyes.

Mika is truly blessed with so many assets. Let him use them - everyone seemed to think the Coke Cola episodes was so great and creative. He's growing up and hopefully will spread his wings as far as he can and land on his feet giggling and laughing and successful with a long and diverse career - in many different directions.