2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

...woah im new here and this is awesome! there are other mika freaks like me! :shocked: I.. cant believe it... *cries in joy*

oh and also, about the ad...

stop looking at me, MIKA... :blink:

ahaha thats funny, no seriously, stop staring at me...

OMG STOP STARING MIKA!

LOL

Welcome! :wink2: Why don't you tell us more about you, in the Introductions section? :thumb_yello:

Have fun!

Yes, exactly. The way I interpret the slight change in his real life appearace (more laid back, less colourful) it is that being courageously different is the new trend. All the artists who have been successful in the last couple of years (from the likes of Lady Gaga via Adam Lambert to Katy Perry) are delivering that message both in their songs and in their appearance. And to tell you the truth, I am pretty much tired of it. :cool:

The way I see the ad fit in Mika's perception is that he has been using all these first 'original' concepts of being proud to be different (that other artists 'stole' and achieved massive success with it) to take him to a level that ensures his creative freedom.

So, to me, on that ad he is laughing back at his critics.

Another great post! Yes, you put it wonderfully well! He's remaining one-step-ahead of the current trends.

I agree, he DID start the movement that they've all copied, about being 'different', and people like Gaga have taken it to such extremes that if Mika continued in that vein, he wouldn't actually BE different anymore. They'd think of him as a male Gaga, or else keep comparing him to Adam Lambert.

So he's on a new track, and good for him.

I think the lesson here for all of us is to just trust Mika and let him do things HIS way. We're not going to loose him, but we have to let him do what feels right, to him.

Very interesting ideas :thumb_yello:

I really hope you're both right. It could be very exciting. He seems to have a clear idea on where he wants to end up for the next step. I trust him and will be happy to see him envolve :thumb_yello:

I am already glad he is not locked himself into the image of the Mika that we all know...

Mika is in a "off" period and it means that he doesn't have to carry on his stage persona when he is out for public appearances.

IMO, the HB ad & the Queen Exhibition don't really give us clues to figure out the new public/stage persona he will create for the 3rd album - probably highly linked to the music & artwork universe he is currently working on those months.

I guess it's a long and complex process, still on its way :dunno:

Edited by francoise

Have anyone else noticed the car in the background? :teehee:

I think it has to do with the slogan Driven by creativity?.. What was it? Ah, "creativity drives success" :teehee:

Like I said before, I do hope there'll be a commercial! Maybe this commercial was the reason why he needed to get his driver's license :mf_rosetinted:

I didn't noticed it before :teehee:

I hope you're right about your interpretation Droopsy.. even if illustrating this slogan by a car seems to me a small lack of imagination from the ad agency :naughty:

But I prefer believing it than thinking the car has to do something with the image of the masculine man they gave of Mika..

A kind of "Success for a man is summarized to a black suit, a tie, a car and a woman"... even if there is no woman :naughty:

He did, but I can't imagine him using it. It's such a small car. He'd have to sit on the back seat to have enough room for his legs :teehee:

I used to think that, til I sat in one, they are deceptively roomy!

I think it all comes down to learning to speak Mika-ese. :insane:

For example, over the past four years I have learned that in Mika-ese, "acoustic gig" means "with loads of drums and amplification, just without backing tracks." And apparently "hiding away working on my third album" means "working on my third album... in between parties, premieres, and making some side cash with corporate gigs and big name ad campaigns." :roftl::teehee:

Well put Mana! You must be fluent in Mika-ese...

But actors aren't creative artists like songwriters are- let alone people who write their songs, design their album covers and come up with their own stage set concepts (not toally alone, obviously, but I believe MIka is the driving force). NOt that I'm knocking performance art, but someone else writes actors lines and tells them where to stand. Like Mika will have been directed by Hugo Boss.

But aren't actors creative artists in their own way? No-one exactly tells them how to interpret the script or their character's intentions... :dunno:

Well, what if you look at it differently? So if Mika is the true original they're talking about, isn't posing like this, in such an outfit, challenging the rules? Rules of perception. Rules of how people usually think of Mika: colorful, bright, goofy, weird... whatever terms. And now there he is, in a black suit and tie. Well, after reading some comments here it surely seems different and challenging for people to see him like this :teehee:

I never thought of it that way... And you're so right!

but what else is he to do to pass the time for the 3,000 years in between each album? :naughty:

I personally think that Mika's career would be better served if he concentrated on his music.

I love how no-one even responded to your comments... it's like you don't even exist! :teehee:

This ad is all about HB. it just happens to have Mika's face on it.

We notice the change in Mika, but most people will not know the difference.

in a way, he's endorsed a few products along the way, maybe just not as official as this one (coke, louboutin etc...)

i'm not bothered by it, as long as he goes back to the microphone :fangurl:

+1 :thumb_yello:

Yes, exactly. The way I interpret the slight change in his real life appearace (more laid back, less colourful) it is that being courageously different is the new trend. All the artists who have been successful in the last couple of years (from the likes of Lady Gaga via Adam Lambert to Katy Perry) are delivering that message both in their songs and in their appearance. And to tell you the truth, I am pretty much tired of it. :cool:

The way I see the ad fit in Mika's perception is that he has been using all these first 'original' concepts of being proud to be different (that other artists 'stole' and achieved massive success with it) to take him to a level that ensures his creative freedom.

So, to me, on that ad he is laughing back at his critics.

Another great post! Yes, you put it wonderfully well! He's remaining one-step-ahead of the current trends.

I agree, he DID start the movement that they've all copied, about being 'different', and people like Gaga have taken it to such extremes that if Mika continued in that vein, he wouldn't actually BE different anymore. They'd think of him as a male Gaga, or else keep comparing him to Adam Lambert.

So he's on a new track, and good for him.

I think the lesson here for all of us is to just trust Mika and let him do things HIS way. We're not going to loose him, but we have to let him do what feels right, to him.

I really enjoyed reading your posts so I had to quote them. Couldnt agree with you more:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

I once had Hugo Boss Deep Red. Then I changed it for Armani's Diamonds. Which I changed for Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Which I'm sticking with.

Just thought you were desperate to know.:naughty:

And in case you were desperate to know I used to have Mademoiselle by Chanel a couple of years ago but now I've changed it to Nuit de Mai from L'Occitane :naughty:

funny-pictures-cat-spilled-perfume.jpg

:roftl::roftl:

Oh, it's already started appearing in shops.:biggrin2:

Ummmmm...

He looks exactly the same as he does in the ad... :blink::dunno:

What did you do?

I flipped the image horizontally so that he didn't look weird. Then I sharpened the picture so he didn't look as air-brushed. I increased the saturation so his skin didn't have that grey palor and I used selective colouring to try and make it look better. Lastly, I swapped the background because I just didn't like it. :shun:

Oh, I also added green to his eyes. :bleh:

I flipped the image horizontally so that he didn't look weird. Then I sharpened the picture so he didn't look as air-brushed. I increased the saturation so his skin didn't have that grey palor and I used selective colouring to try and make it look better. Lastly, I swapped the background because I just didn't like it. :shun:

Oh, I also added green to his eyes. :bleh:

Is it wrong that I didn't notice the background? :lmfao:

His eyes look good, but I can see his jaw on teh right of the pic (his left jaw I guess) looks a little too sharp, you can see that it was fiddled with...

I didn't noticed it before :teehee:

I hope you're right about your interpretation Droopsy.. even if illustrating this slogan by a car seems to me a small lack of imagination from the ad agency :naughty:

But I prefer believing it than thinking the car has to do something with the image of the masculine man they gave of Mika..

A kind of "Success for a man is summarized to a black suit, a tie, a car and a woman"... even if there is no woman :naughty:

Me too!!! Haha! :roftl:

I flipped the image horizontally so that he didn't look weird.

Actually, this one also looks weird as it is usually his right shoulder that is lower than the left one (like i the original picture)... :teehee: (I never noticed it before but I did some quick investigation on that when we were questioning the originality of the pic itself... :naughty: )

So it could be that he has slight scoliosis..:dunno:

My attempt at making him look more human. :naughty:

34resyt.jpg

Thank you! The thing that bothers me most about the original pic is that it's desaturated. I think it lessens the impact of using his (or anyone's) image in the ad and I don't understand why they would do that.