Message from MIKA to Japan 日本人のファンへ

dcdeb

From MIKA to Japan:
日本語≫ こちら
I think the whole world was rocked at the news of the devastating Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on 11th March in Japan. It’s hard to believe that following more than 800 aftershocks and tsunamis, another quake hit a month later to the day. I can’t even imagine what everybody there is going through. I have been trying to decide how best to show my support since the first events – there are no words that seem adequate. But I want all my friends in Japan to know that I am thinking about them and sending them my love

I have a lot of friends in Japan and thankfully all of them are safe, to my knowledge. It’s a very special place to me and it doesn’t seem real that something so awful could have happened to such a beautiful nation of people. I have so many happy memories of the time I have spent there. >From my first showcase 5 years ago, I became so smitten with Japan that I set it my goal to build a fan base and be able to tour the country. We did our first proper tour last year, and we will be back even more on the next album. From performances with audience members, to amazing (and eccentric!) fans and duets with Hikaru Utada, there were so many reasons why my small tour in Japan was the highlight of last year.

It was an honour to meet so many of my wonderful fans and I pray that everything is well with them and their families. They have always been so kind and loyal to me, given me so much support over the years – now it’s our turn to help them. As a gesture, I have made a donation to the British Red Cross Japan Appeal. This is a private donation from me to them. To show our support to our friends in Japan, I hope you will all show your support in any small way you can too by clicking <here>

My thoughts and prayers are with you Japan and I look forward to coming back to see you soon.

MIKA x

Edited by Kumazzz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though he didn't say anything about this right after the major earthquake, I knew he cares about this, as Mikasister said, he really has a big heart.

Thanks for posting... will continue to keep the Japanese people in my thoughts and pray for Japan's recovery. :sad:

Finally.... finally.. the blog makes me cry with happiness.

Mere words could never express my gratitude, yet I'll try to explain how grateful for everything that Mika & MFCers have cheered for Mika fans in Japan.

Mika & MFCers thoughtfulness & love will always be remembered for me. Mika & MFC-friends are always in my heart.

I shall never forget your kindness. Thanks again !!

( I'm sorry for my poor english)

This image is created by Shin Kitai http://twitter.com/devirobo

tofu.jpg

Finally.... finally.. the blog makes me cry with happiness.

Mere words could never express my gratitude, yet I'll try to explain how grateful for everything that Mika & MFCers have cheered for Mika fans in Japan.

Mika & MFCers thoughtfulness & love will always be remembered for me. Mika & MFC-friends are always in my heart.

I shall never forget your kindness. Thanks again !!

( I'm sorry for my poor english)

This image is created by Shin Kitai http://twitter.com/devirobo

tofu.jpg

awwww :tears:

MIKA... You have a Golden heart! <3 :wub2:

This is so heartwarming :wub2:

I'm so happy that the Japanese MFC-ers got this amazing message of support and it's not just a tweet it's a whole new blog:wub2:

aww...:tears: it's soo cute message from Mika.!!:wub2:

I'm sending my love to MFCers from Japan...!! :huglove::flowers2:

Oh Mika, what a beautiful message! I am lost for words.

God bless you, our kind and thoughtful star!

God bless Japan and keep the people safe.

Nothing to add here except that I knew he would write such a warmhearting and thrilling lettter to you my friends:wub2:

From MIKA to Japan:

I think the whole world was rocked at the news of the devastating Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on 11th March in Japan. It’s hard to believe that following more than 800 aftershocks and tsunamis, another quake hit a month later to the day. I can’t even imagine what everybody there is going through. I have been trying to decide how best to show my support since the first events – there are no words that seem adequate. But I want all my friends in Japan to know that I am thinking about them and sending them my love

I have a lot of friends in Japan and thankfully all of them are safe, to my knowledge. It’s a very special place to me and it doesn’t seem real that something so awful could have happened to such a beautiful nation of people. I have so many happy memories of the time I have spent there. >From my first showcase 5 years ago, I became so smitten with Japan that I set it my goal to build a fan base and be able to tour the country. We did our first proper tour last year, and we will be back even more on the next album. From performances with audience members, to amazing (and eccentric!) fans and duets with Hikaru Utada, there were so many reasons why my small tour in Japan was the highlight of last year.

It was an honour to meet so many of my wonderful fans and I pray that everything is well with them and their families. They have always been so kind and loyal to me, given me so much support over the years – now it’s our turn to help them. As a gesture, I have made a donation to the British Red Cross Japan Appeal. This is a private donation from me to them. To show our support to our friends in Japan, I hope you will all show your support in any small way you can too by clicking <here>

My thoughts and prayers are with you Japan and I look forward to coming back to see you soon.

MIKA x

Alan and I have clicked on your link, Mika, and have donated.

We gave several weeks ago, but they do need a lot of money.

Your message is so beautiful

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Well THAT was a lovely and heartfelt message, Mika. Thank you.

Many of your eccentric Japan fans have been with you right from the start, and I had hoped you would send a special message for them.:wub2:

There have been over 1007 earthquakes since March 11th.

The crisis is not yet over, and I do hope people around the world will continue to publicize and donate generously.

(I am so proud of my kids, helping to organise Japan fundraisers that contributed almost $20,000 to the relief fund.)

Thank you Mika for your heartwarming message! :wub2: It almost made me cry:tears: We look forward to seeing you in Japan again. Your presence will definitely cheer us up:thumb_yello:

And thanks to everyone from the MFC for your support. It really means a lot to us!:huglove:

There was actually another rather large earthquake this morning...it was really scary. These aren't the brightest times for us in Japan, but we will get through!!

:tears::tears:

What a nice message... one time more I'm really proud of being a fan of Mika! :thumb_yello:

To all japanese who read this... I hope you and your families and friends are OK. And don't loose the hope and strenght to help who is affected!