New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

She told me to write a song that didn't make us sad, a song that everyone would love,

She said I'd be rich, a millionaire/billionaire, she said I shouldn't end up like my father did, and that I should be proud.

She said “Why do you stay in your room all day?”. She demanded what was wrong.

She said "Do you care too much how you look?

Did you think you only had a one way ticket?

You will end up like your brother"

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

She said “Something will get the ball rolling, and you will become really popular.”

She said "You're wasting your time on the Internet all day (As in Social Networking).

You're just watching your life go by.”

She said "You need to stop thinking like you did when you were eight, it's not the way forwards"

She said one day I would break free and then....she told me something I loved….”

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

(X4)

This translation sounds much happier and much more fitting to a techno-y song like this one than the other translation. :aah::roftl:

:Update:You can hear the new song here:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/mika/news-74386.html

Thank you Nanouch!

ellemedit.jpg

http://musicparty.universalmusic.fr/wp-content/player/mika-elle-me-dit/universal_FB_deported_player.swf

EDIT AGAIN: at 7h: http://musicparty.universalmusic.fr/

edit: according to @labelbarclay on twitter, mika will be on the following french radio stations tomorrow morning, so it's likely the song will be played there:

8h05 @NRJhitmusiconly

8h55 @RTL2officiel

10h @VirginRadiofr

Translation:

wow,is a good song!!!I just go back home and listen this fantasic song!!:biggrin2:

Really so it is difficult to bypass this theme? Unless there is no special thread? Why I should come with caution to any thread, being afraid to come across for the next discussion of sexuality?. For you it is a usual thing, as a breakfast. But someone at all does not love and avoids a theme of sex. Someone brought up that way. Of course, the easiest way this to say "go out" I understand. Forgive.

She said "Do you care too much how you look?

Did you think you only had a one way ticket?

CHORUS

Why are you wasting this life we have?"

She said “Something will get the ball rolling, and you will become really popular.”

She said "You're wasting your time on the Internet all day (As in Social Networking).

You're just watching your life go by.”

She said "You need to stop thinking like you did when you were eight, it's not the way forwards"

It's interpretation and not translation. It is not what he sings in French.

Edited by macboll
added quotes

This first chorus part

Elle me dit, Elle me dit "c'est ta vie fais ce que tu veux tant pis un jour tu comprendras un jour tu t'en voudras"

Elle me dit "t'es trop nul, sors un peu de ta bulle. Tu fais n'importe quoi on dirait que t'aimes ca."

and the part were the music changes are my favorourite parts:teehee:

IMO interesting lyrics, especially for a dance sonf like that. Most dance songs are all like "alors on dance deddooomdoomdoomdeoom" and not more:aah:

But why is it that I always understand "elle me dit nomnomnom":roftl:

I think it will be massive in France and I'm even more curious now, what the other songs on the album will sound like!

It's interpretation and not translation. It is not what he sings in French.

Yeah it's REALLY not what he says at all... this translation completely twists the meaning imo...

I really like the song, it's stuck on my mind since this morning.

@everyone complaining the song is in French: Personally I LOVE learning lyrics of songs in languages I don't speak :wub2:

(As I do speak Frenhc I'm not talking about "Elle me dit". But I could sing along to at least 20 Finnish songs without speaking the language and it feels good)

And there will be so much more songs in English coming up!!! So :)

The song is awesome!

Can someone fill me in regarding the NRJ interview: is the song about his mom or not? because that's what I thought I heard. :naughty:

In the first interview he says that his mother used to say him to write a happy song not a depressing one

but in third interview he says that it is about "a" mother (not his) who talks to his son and says him very bad/hurting things...

Does anyone know what exactly "y' a de quoi se foutre en l'air" should mean?

I got confused with this bit :aah:

it means it could make you suicidal because it's very depressing.

And for "gai" (t'es défoncé ou t'es gai)

I guess he maybe means "drunk" like in an euphoric way

Yes I mentioned this meaning too. Gai can mean "very happy, excited" or "tipsy, merry" :wink2:

Erm, sorry to intrude guys, but we're desperately trying to trend #ElleMeDit on Twitter, so if any of you hasn't got anything better to do, we could really use some help :aah:

Thank youuu :group_hug:

Just listened to it for 3 times in a row and...I like it! :thumb_yello:

I could like it more if I understood the lyrics, but I was expecting that already. The mellody and the rythym are great, and it's certainly "radio-friendly" in the french speaking countries! :biggrin2:

Well done, Meeks! :thumb_yello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VON6NqXiz7I

Not sure where this come's from, or maybe you've already seen it.

Pretty funny video for Elle me Dit :naughty:.

Loving the new song BTW :wub2:

I just asked Wonkita on twitter if she's responsible for this :lmfao:

It's truly funny :naughty:

Thanks for the link, Stephanie :huglove:

Beautiful song... but soo sad I dont understand anything... only the title..

I hope Mika could record this song in english too...!!:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VON6NqXiz7I

Not sure where this come's from, or maybe you've already seen it.

Pretty funny video for Elle me Dit :naughty:.

Loving the new song BTW :wub2:

:naughty:

Edited by egita