New Years Resolutions

HollyD

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My new year started in November and I don't make resolutions, but I do set a theme for the year and spend my year working on that theme.

My theme for this year is writing, music, and dragon-slaying.

I have written ten pages of my first novel, started two new blogs, figured out a couple of fingerpicking patterns on my guitar, learned two new chords, nailed down some music theory, bought a ukulele, talked to my doctor about how I can exercise without destroying my kneecap because it is on sideways, bought a swimsuit, and got my mom's permission to borrow her tricycle.

My dragon is a tendency to exercise until I hurt myself everyday. So, I am learning to exercise safely and to stay in control of the compulsion to do it until I literally cannot move anymore.

So far, the results are a blog I am proud of, a book I am excited to finish, a dramatic reduction in my cynicism and jadedness, more faith in other people, a more positive outlook on my health. Basically, I am happier and far less moody.

I don't set goals or make resolutions, I just figure out which direction I want to go and start walking. I always end up someplace I wanted to be. If I set a goal or resolution I never do it. I may as well have said, "these are the things I won't be doing this year." I guess I just don't like being told what to do, even when I am the one doing the telling :naughty:

i love it :thumb_yello: the dragon slaying had me a bit :blink: for a second though...:naughty:

I never take any :lmfao:

Well, the only one will be to put my hand on Mika's tool as soon as it's out :lmfao:

:roftl::roftl: anne you naughty womon!

but i guess we all have *that* resolution in common...:teehee:

Where do you have a tattoo? What's it like? I'm probably going to be like "OMG this is the worst pain ever!" and then after some time I'm going to brag about how it didn't hurt at all.

I guess some newbies haven't seen my tattoo...:fisch:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16875

And for the record it didn't really hurt. It was about as bad as a sunburn.

My resolution is to write more. I tend to prioritize other crap above writing, even boring crap like house chores, and that freakin' sucks. :naughty:

I want to update my blog more:

http://www.manasmusings.com

Also, obviously, zebras are the line dancers of the animal world and giraffes are the river dancers because they obviously have a lot more leggage , so are able to move their legs quicker and more fluently than a zebra. Gazelles are the ballet dancers (famous for their renditions of Swan Lake) because of their natural grace and leaping abilities. Also, they look very pretty in a tutu.

:lmfao: I love MFC. Random people are random. :roftl:

PERVY THOUGHTS, HERE I COME!

Am I going to have to send people to the naughty corner? :wags_finger:

another New Year resolution: when I'll meet Mika I'll do my best to look into his eyes

I bet I'll be dead first second I see him.

Having met Mika quite a few times, here's my advice for you virgins: Have one or two specific sentences in mind that you want to say to him. Repeat them to yourself over and over, so they're burned into your brain and won't be forgotten the moment he's in front of you. :wub2:

Sorry for being such a buzz kill and ruining the thread guys, BUT I'm actually going to write some resolutions. Sorry again.

Study hard

Take better care of myself

Improve on photography

Have more self-esteem and be less shy

Learn how to swim (yes I can't swim)

Be more optimistic and positive

Cool! What kind of camera do you have?

Good! My purposes for the next year:

I should...

Keep on thinking positively

Try to do my best

Make a decision about what kind of study to follow in the future

Pass with an high mark my FCE exam

Go to England another time (I miss it so much)

And, of course, finally go to my first concert of MIKA!

Hoping the best for you all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

England. :wub2: What parts of England have you been to?

Well, the only one will be to put my hand on Mika's tool as soon as it's out.

I'm with you on that one, sistah. In fact, I'll probably download his tool so that I can start enjoying it before the physical tool arrives in the mail. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm going to have to send myself to the naughty corner soon! Tsk tsk Mika, what have you done with that album acronym. :roftl:

:blink::shocked: Mana, get your touchy to the naughty corner NOW Missy Moo!!

Look for Wonka, she's there somewhere & she'll tell you what needs to be done. :sneaky2:

Heyyyy, are you allowed to do that? Don't I get some kind of mod immunity? :lmfao:

It's Mika's fault anyway. Him and his TOOL. :mf_rosetinted:

Resolutions:

1) To practice my instruments more. I've been craving to play them and they've been far enough out of reach for me not to be able to, which kinda sucks.

2) Get something published.

3) I don't want to lose touch with my inner child. I feel like I'm on the brink of growing up and I just don't want to forget that I'm really just a kid. No matter what craziness is going on around me, however much my friends decide to grow and change, I don't want to forget this part of me that wants to do nothing but play and try to figure out the world in new and creative ways. I want to allow myself to dream and reach even though there may be a closer option.

Having met Mika quite a few times, here's my advice for you virgins: Have one or two specific sentences in mind that you want to say to him. Repeat them to yourself over and over, so they're burned into your brain and won't be forgotten the moment he's in front of you. :wub2:

I'll try:mf_rosetinted:I can't guarantee it's gonna work though:teehee: I can't control my emotions:sneaky2:

Well, the only one will be to put my hand on Mika's tool as soon as it's out :lmfao:

:lmfao: haha, THAT'S the best resolution ever:thumb_yello: :lmfao:

Touché. :shocked:

He's really done us all a favour with the album name, people keep referring to his tool all the time. :naughty:

I guess some newbies haven't seen my tattoo...:fisch:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16875

And for the record it didn't really hurt. It was about as bad as a sunburn.

Confession time: I stalked that thread a bit before I joined MFC so I've seen your tattoo... :teehee: Now that I'm a member and can post: it's awesome!

I just got A LOT of (much needed) MOTIVATION to kick my New Year's resolution into HIGH G E A R ! :das:

I already started as soon as I heard the news this morning! :aah:

Had a great breakfast - nice salad for lunch and have been drinking nothing but water ALL day! AND I have been excersising inbetween customers!!!!

I have ONE more resolution .....

AND IT IS AN IMPORTANT ONE!!!!!

I WILL be at the MFC's 6th Anniversary Party in 2013! (and I'll be skinny) :kachinga:

This involves MANY MANY MANY little goals to achieve the ultimate!

(1) got to get a passport

(2) got to save up enough money to make this dream a reality

and (3) blah blah blah and (4) blah blah blah AND last but definitely NOT least (5) blah blah blah!!!! :clap:

I just got A LOT of (much needed) MOTIVATION to kick my New Year's resolution into HIGH G E A R ! :das:

I already started as soon as I heard the news this morning! :aah:

Had a great breakfast - nice salad for lunch and have been drinking nothing but water ALL day! AND I have been excersising inbetween customers!!!!

What news? :blink:

Go Holly! Sounds like you're off to a great start with your resolution! :huglove:

What news? :blink:

Go Holly! Sounds like you're off to a great start with your resolution! :huglove:

It's a l o n g story really - I guess I will try and put it in a nutshell ...

hhhmmm .... okay - there is this guy. And we have this unspoken (thing) and I haven't seen him in over 13 YEARS ... I found out this morning that he is coming HERE in February. And well, the last time I saw him I was a good - decent size (not skinny - but SEXY) and I just can't let him see me like this! I have NEVER felt so MUCH motivation in ALL my life!!!! :das:

It's a l o n g story really - I guess I will try and put it in a nutshell ...

hhhmmm .... okay - there is this guy. And we have this unspoken (thing) and I haven't seen him in over 13 YEARS ... I found out this morning that he is coming HERE in February. And well, the last time I saw him I was a good - decent size (not skinny - but SEXY) and I just can't let him see me like this! I have NEVER felt so MUCH motivation in ALL my life!!!! :das:

you go girl!:thumb_yello: I'm here to support you :huglove:

Archived