Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uhhh, Mika, I dunno.....

Singe-pensif.jpg

exactly, you dont know :) But I know.. the vid is a masterpiece:wub2:

i think the video is beautifully made, but would i watch it again? no.

we are all entitled to our own opinion.

The video is beautiful but I can't imagine I would ever listen to the song otherwise. It seems like he is writing music as a soundtrack to his film project and not the other way around.

LOL Sorry,I studied Greek and Andreas was a very common name in the texts so I thought his was like that too :aah:

i only know it because he once tweeted a note that his mum had written him. :teehee: though i have no idea how to pronounce the name in greek, in germany it's only a girl's name. :aah:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

waking up watching this http://tinyurl.com/c3wyulj Its so beautiful, the latests video from @woodkid, check it out. its awesome

here's the link for the germans, as of course the youtube video is blocked in germany: :aah:

i like how the video develops from running FROM something towards running TO something, and it also fits well to the lyrics and to the music. when i started watching it, i thought "wtf?!" - but i'm glad i watched the whole thing, i love how euphoric it becomes in the end. i agree with christine though that i probably wouldn't listen to the song without the video.

i only know it because he once tweeted a note that his mum had written him. :teehee: though i have no idea how to pronounce the name in greek, in germany it's only a girl's name. :aah:

here's the link for the germans, as of course the youtube video is blocked in germany: :aah:

i like how the video develops from running FROM something towards running TO something, and it also fits well to the lyrics and to the music. when i started watching it, i thought "wtf?!" - but i'm glad i watched the whole thing, i love how euphoric it becomes in the end. i agree with christine though that i probably wouldn't listen to the song without the video.

Karin, thanks for the link and what you said about the vid I totally agree with you. The music isn´t my cup of tea. I guess Woodkid will make the next vid for Mika?

Uhhh, Mika, I dunno.....

Singe-pensif.jpg

thanks for introducing news interview of webs..:mikadas:

and this other is good

and thankls so Mary 62 for translation in french..

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3181801&postcount=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=8793&d=1337948431

http://www.rds.it/?%2fpages%2fpag_contenuti%2fMika?

Part1 http://mikatube.com/archive/index.ph...6&video_id=388

Part2 http://mikatube.com/archive/index.ph...6&video_id=389

Thanks a eriko for this two vids.

Edited by mer

i only know it because he once tweeted a note that his mum had written him. :teehee: though i have no idea how to pronounce the name in greek, in germany it's only a girl's name.

I don't know the proper Greek pronunciation but in Canadian English we call girls Ann-dree-ah and boys Awn-dray-ah.

I guess Woodkid will make the next vid for Mika?

That would be interesting. I don't think I've seen any of his other videos but based on this one I can imagine he could create something that would really fit with Mika. WAG is the only video that's been done well (although I understand that some people dislike it for other reasons) and it would be great to see another high quality video.

I think you can only go either high quality or just quick and fun like Grace Kelly. Quasi efforts like BIOTG and Elle Me Dit just don't work for me. Maybe they are better than nothing if they are out there and people watch them but as a fan I find them disappointing because they just aren't on par with Mika's music either in quality or (at least) in spirit. In those cases I would prefer to just listen to the music and not have my own experience of the music overwritten with some crap visuals.

Some of the fan WAG videos were really really good but I had to stop looking at all the new entries after awhile because I found it was ruining the song for me. Same with the Elle Me Dit video. I don't want to think about some creepy old man gurning into a mirror when I'm listening to a fun song. :aah:

I really like Run Boy Run vid, it's hypnotizing, been watching it several times already. I like the song too, but not sure I would listen to it without the vid, they fit perfectly together :wub2: Quite exciting if he's doing / done the first vid from TOOL!

I don't know the proper Greek pronunciation but in Canadian English we call girls Ann-dree-ah and boys Awn-dray-ah.

That would be interesting. I don't think I've seen any of his other videos but based on this one I can imagine he could create something that would really fit with Mika. WAG is the only video that's been done well (although I understand that some people dislike it for other reasons) and it would be great to see another high quality video.

I think you can only go either high quality or just quick and fun like Grace Kelly. Quasi efforts like BIOTG and Elle Me Dit just don't work for me. Maybe they are better than nothing if they are out there and people watch them but as a fan I find them disappointing because they just aren't on par with Mika's music either in quality or (at least) in spirit. In those cases I would prefer to just listen to the music and not have my own experience of the music overwritten with some crap visuals.

Some of the fan WAG videos were really really good but I had to stop looking at all the new entries after awhile because I found it was ruining the song for me. Same with the Elle Me Dit video. I don't want to think about some creepy old man gurning into a mirror when I'm listening to a fun song. :aah:

Somewhere in this thread must be anothjer Woodkid video he had done for a female singer, when I remember it right it was in a pool. It was posted around the tweet from Woodkid that he had dinner with Mika. I can´t find it now.

i think the video is beautifully made, but would i watch it again? no.

we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I agree with that one. I stopped in the middle of it. Maybe WoodKid's going to be the one that is going to work on Mika's new video? It would be weird though 'cause I know WoodKid as a new artist, basically because he is coming to Osheaga to perform in Montreal on August. Hmm... Or even maybe a new collaboration? Its an interesting mix...

Every time I try to type bubble on my phone it turns it into Bublé. How did he get into the dictionary? I mean really...

Every time I try to type bubble on my phone it turns it into Bublé. How did he get into the dictionary? I mean really...

The real question is... Why would he write bubble? Haha I know we all have personal thoughts but I was just wondering :fisch:

The real question is... Why would he write bubble? Haha I know we all have personal thoughts but I was just wondering :fisch:

:aah: I was wondering the exact same thing!!! :aah:

Whenever I type Mika, I get Milk. -_- Stupid, stupid technology.

Is there a backstory to this Bublè thing? Do they hate each other or something?

Bublè is a fan of Mika :teehee: There was an interesting story some time ago about how he tried to snog Mika (that's what Mika said) :naughty: