Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika should think more about his international fans, not only the ones in UK :shun:

:naughty::thumb_yello:

Well the UK fans haven't exactly been favoured up to now. While Europe was basking in Elle Me Dit we were left out, without even a new song in English to enjoy. The problem is that because Mika is truly international, he can't be everywhere at once, and I think he's concentrating on Britain atm, because he's got the Lovebox coming up, and surely, before that time he'll announce the new single and start promoting it here. He needs to win more fans here, and revive the interest of the old ones who, maybe, went away because he's been gone so long.

Three days isn't too long to wait. At least we know the announcement is coming, and it HAS to be about the single, or the album, or both. He did (I think)promise a single before summer, and that almost here (though you wouldn't know it by the weather)

So let's just remember that everything will be worth it. The waiting will be worth it in the end.

Well the UK fans haven't exactly been favoured up to now. While Europe was basking in Elle Me Dit we were left out, without even a new song in English to enjoy. The problem is that because Mika is truly international, he can't be everywhere at once, and I think he's concentrating on Britain atm, because he's got the Lovebox coming up, and surely, before that time he'll announce the new single and start promoting it here. He needs to win more fans here, and revive the interest of the old ones who, maybe, went away because he's been gone so long.

Three days isn't too long to wait. At least we know the announcement is coming, and it HAS to be about the single, or the album, or both. He did (I think)promise a single before summer, and that almost here (though you wouldn't know it by the weather)

So let's just remember that everything will be worth it. The waiting will be worth it in the end.

Elle me wasn't on Dutch radio either MM, wel only once: that moment when Ì requested IT....

Well the UK fans haven't exactly been favoured up to now. While Europe was basking in Elle Me Dit we were left out, without even a new song in English to enjoy.

It was only France and not 'Europe', unfortunately. Also, I do not think it is his UK fans he 'favours' when he sings in English but most of his fans, actually, since even the French are used to him singing in English :dunno:

He needs to win more fans here, and revive the interest of the old ones who, maybe, went away because he's been gone so long.

I have a feeling most of them were gone before that, so what Mika needs now is a brand new start, IMO, almost like re-launching himself in the UK with something completely different in sound and vision. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will work for him - and me, too :teehee:

It was only France and not 'Europe', unfortunately. Also, I do not think it is his UK fans he 'favours' when he sings in English but most of his fans, actually, since even the French are used to him singing in English :dunno:

I have a feeling most of them were gone before that, so what Mika needs now is a brand new start, IMO, almost like re-launching himself in the UK with something completely different in sound and vision. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will work for him - and me, too :teehee:

And his first step in this direction was to sack all his band and hire a new one :mf_rosetinted:

Be ready to see him wearing wide jeans, sport shoes and peaked cap.

And of course he won´t sing high anymore. :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously, I think he really needed a change. Not for me, I liked things the way they were if I were and I´m not sure how so many changes could affect on him or his music. I mean, if Mika always defended he was "truly" himself when he was on stage, or when he would perform, I think he can´t change it that much......... cause it would mean he is not being himself and was changing cause the music scene demands that. And he alway said he would never follow trends. I´d love to see what he is up to for this album.

Yes I agree with that, about him re-launching himself in the UK. New sound and vision. I'm a bit peeved today. There's the Jubilee concert on TV tonight, organised by Gary Barlow *rolls eyes sighes, and yawns* and the top stars are there. Not Mika though, and it's not because he hasn't had a record here recently, because not all of them who are there tonight have done anything recently. But they are there, and Mika isn't! This just shows that he does need to shake up his image and get noticed again. Get lots of new fans and hit songs. I long for him to do well in the UK again.

As for Elle Me Dit, I did think it had been played in Europe, on the radio stations. It was never played in the UK. That's the difference I was meaning in my last post. But perhaps it wasn't played in mainland Europe as much as I thought it was.

And his first step in this direction was to sack all his band and hire a new one :mf_rosetinted:

Whatever it takes. :dunno:

I just hope it will make complete sense and would not be merely a change for the sake of changing the faces but working with better ones or people with a different approach / those who contributed to the new sound..etc.

No, seriously, I think he really needed a change. Not for me, I liked things the way they were if I were and I´m not sure how so many changes could affect on him or his music.

I think he should come back with a unique sound - something that distinguishes him from the rest of the same stuff going around nowadays. I am thinking of uniqeness in sound like Florence and the Machine has, for example. It is not only her voice, it is the arrangement and production that makes their songs unmistakably theirs.

I'm a bit peeved today. There's the Jubilee concert on TV tonight, organised by Gary Barlow *rolls eyes sighes, and yawns* and the top stars are there.

*rolls eyes sighes, and yawns*, too :naughty:

Surely Britain could present a better and more original songwriter / celebrity claiming Elton John's crown. Who are those top stars, by the way? (Just out of interest as I am not really following news on that... :teehee:)

No, seriously, I think he really needed a change. Not for me, I liked things the way they were if I were and I´m not sure how so many changes could affect on him or his music. I mean, if Mika always defended he was "truly" himself when he was on stage, or when he would perform, I think he can´t change it that much......... cause it would mean he is not being himself and was changing cause the music scene demands that. And he alway said he would never follow trends. I´d love to see what he is up to for this album.

well, he might indeed have changed a bit since the last album, but i know what you mean, it would be weird if he had a completely different personality now, it'd seem fake. but i don't think so, i guess we'll just see another side of his personality. for example, he once said that when he's at a club he likes to dance to the remixes of his songs, but not the original songs - so maybe his new sound is a bit like his old remixes? :dunno: i'm glad that he said in that other interview that he tried to add as much soul to the dance music as possible - so i trust him that it'll still sound good even for my ears although i hate that whole techno and electro sound. :teehee: anyway i'm looking forward to the new side of his personality that we'll get to see with the new album. :biggrin2:

As for Elle Me Dit, I did think it had been played in Europe, on the radio stations. It was never played in the UK. That's the difference I was meaning in my last post. But perhaps it wasn't played in mainland Europe as much as I thought it was.

i think i read of 1 or 2 times fans heard it on a german radio station, but i never did - it definitely wasn't played often here. you generally don't get a lot of french songs on german radio though. :wink2:

A new SOUND AND VISION? No! Mika is mika and we are his fans. A 'relaunching' thing would be good. Mika hasn't completely been forgotten , but he is not exactly in the front of most people's minds. But mika is all about crazy falsetto, quirky lyrics and jumping about like well, only Mika can on stage. Without these things, he could just be anyone else.

Edited by Ellenowl

You are already the same perfect teaser as Mika is :wink2::huglove:

:aah: you're teasing us :insane:

I have learned from the master. :wink2:

Knowing the FB team, their "bits of news" will be something we already know about anyway :naughty:

:lmfao:

Oh, we've become so cynical!

But I bet Debitta knows something we don't...:naughty:

Well, as Christine says, they do tease the moderators as much as the

rest of the fan club. But every now and then we get an inkling of something...

only a few more days to wait...

:biggrin2:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Nick Littlemore has abandoned me to go to Las Vegas with Elton John, bastard

I found the article about Elton John and Nick.

Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/01/elton-john-interview-fatherhood-pnau?newsfeed=true

Littlemore is currently engaged with both the new Mika album and the latest Cirque Du Soleil show Zarakna, due to fetch up in Las Vegas in August

Elton-John-shoot-with-Pna-008.jpg

Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/01/elton-john-interview-fatherhood-pnau?newsfeed=true

Littlemore is currently engaged with both the new Mika album and the latest Cirque Du Soleil show Zarakna, due to fetch up in Las Vegas in August

Elton-John-shoot-with-Pna-008.jpg

Thank you!!! :flowers2:

The pic is a little bit scary :teehee:

Well, as Christine says, they do tease the moderators as much as the

rest of the fan club. But every now and then we get an inkling of something...

only a few more days to wait...

:biggrin2:

I would prefer to get a number of days, if that's possible :fisch: "A few" sounds like an another form of "soon" :naughty:

well, he might indeed have changed a bit since the last album, but i know what you mean, it would be weird if he had a completely different personality now, it'd seem fake. but i don't think so, i guess we'll just see another side of his personality. for example, he once said that when he's at a club he likes to dance to the remixes of his songs, but not the original songs - so maybe his new sound is a bit like his old remixes? :dunno: i'm glad that he said in that other interview that he tried to add as much soul to the dance music as possible - so i trust him that it'll still sound good even for my ears although i hate that whole techno and electro sound. :teehee: anyway i'm looking forward to the new side of his personality that we'll get to see with the new album. :biggrin2:

i think i read of 1 or 2 times fans heard it on a german radio station, but i never did - it definitely wasn't played often here. you generally don't get a lot of french songs on german radio though. :wink2:

BR 3 ( the biggest Bavarian radio station ) played EMD 20 times during three months ( I check the play lists on a daily base ) but they didn´t since December.

BR 3 ( the biggest Bavarian radio station ) played EMD 20 times during three months ( I check the play lists on a daily base ) but they didn´t since December.

:naughty: ok, but it also depends at what times they played it... probably not much at the times where most people listen. if they play it in the middle of the night or in the morning after everyone has gone to work, it's not worth much. :dunno: and then, compared to the other songs, 20 times in 3 months isn't much at all - they have to play a song at least once a day to make it known to the listeners.

in any case, i listen to br3 a lot, and never heard it. :sad:

Edited by mellody

:naughty: ok, but it also depends at what times they played it... probably not much at the times where most people listen. if they play it in the middle of the night or in the morning after everyone has gone to work, it's not worth much. :dunno: and then, compared to the other songs, 20 times in 3 months isn't much at all - they have to play a song at least once a day to make it known to the listeners.

in any case, i listen to br3 a lot, and never heard it. :sad:

I could send you a list with all the times as a PM if you are interested :wink2:

Guardian

You know, I saw that the other day and was a bit confused. The Cirque show is actually called Zarkana, and it's going to be in New York starting

this week until September. Unless it's going to Las Vegas after that? :dunno:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/zarkana/show/about.aspx

Edited by dcdeb

You know, I saw that the other day was a bit confused. The Cirque show is actually called Zarkana, and it's going to be in New York starting

this week until September. Unless it's going to Las Vegas after that? :dunno:

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/zarkana/show/about.aspx

oh look!! now you feel teased??

WELCOME!!!!

:sneaky2:

:naughty:

A new SOUND AND VISION? No! Mika is mika and we are his fans. A 'relaunching' thing would be good. Mika hasn't completely been forgotten , but he is not exactly in the front of most people's minds. But mika is all about crazy falsetto, quirky lyrics and jumping about like well, only Mika can on stage. Without these things, he could just be anyone else.

Who said he'd need to change these? :dunno: