Mikasounds.com: NEW LOOK!

dcdeb

It's so...colorless! :aah:

I really do like it though! It's just different than what my little Mika mind is used to.

Exactly the same here. Kinda missing the colours and childishness, but oh well...he looks niiiice :naughty:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I kinda forgot the feeling of all this Mika-attack :roftl: New website, single, new song, new pics, new Mika! My head is still trying to cope with all this :naughty:

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD :wub2::mikalove::fangurl::jawdrop::excite::mf_lustslow::stretcher::boing::drool:

the website is nice too.

EDIT: ok i've calmed down enough to really look at the website. i gotta say... i hope it isn't done yet. it seems it's more about style than substance. but oh well, i guess that's what the MFC is for!

heehee exactly!

i hope they add more though...including new merch!! :boing:

The colorful skinny jeans boy is really gone...

and mature real man has come to us ... !! :aah:

I agree, and I have to say that the new website really reflect those pictures. It's so mature, clean and different really different :blink:

i love the fact that they relaunched the site, and also that they simplified the design a lot - since hearing MYH, i had thought already several times that mikasounds, mfc and dmfc need a new look because the old one doesn't fit anymore. also love the new pictures, he looks grown-up, and good!

but i'm not so happy about the way the new site works... it keeps jumping up and down when i click on something, and the imaginarium program pictures don't work for me at all? :dunno: i wish they hadn't just kept the design simple, but also the functionality. i just tested it, you can't access it at all if javascript isn't activated, all you see is the start screen. that's not accessible web design, they should at least offer an alternative that works for everyone. ok it's better than the first version of the last design was, with all the moving stuff that took ages to load. but you'd think they'd have learned more from their mistakes. :doh:

i love the fact that they relaunched the site, and also that they simplified the design a lot - since hearing MYH, i had thought already several times that mikasounds, mfc and dmfc need a new look because the old one doesn't fit anymore. also love the new pictures, he looks grown-up, and good!

but i'm not so happy about the way the new site works... it keeps jumping up and down when i click on something, and the imaginarium program pictures don't work for me at all? :dunno: i wish they hadn't just kept the design simple, but also the functionality. i just tested it, you can't access it at all if javascript isn't activated, all you see is the start screen. that's not accessible web design, they should at least offer an alternative that works for everyone. ok it's better than the first version of the last design was, with all the moving stuff that took ages to load. but you'd think they'd have learned more from their mistakes. :doh:

Those are interesting observations, Karin. In my excitement, I just looked

at the site in Firefox and it worked great, so I didn't look further. Didn't

even think about javascript... I noticed

the jumping around a bit, but since it was while another section of the

site was loading, it didn't bother me that much. Have you tried it on

your iPhone yet?

And I hadn't looked at the program yet -- but I see what you mean. No

images are loading for that for me either. :dunno: Maybe they're in the

process of doing that now?

All I can say is that I feel like a huge weight gone with the old dark design! The new look is light, simple, stylish, uncluttered, easy (at least so far). It's everything it should be, absolutely love it!

And those pics????? Who is this gorgeous AND adult looking man??? I loved the old Mika but might love this new one even more :wub2:

Yes! This! Exactly that :thumb_yello: Curious to see how it will evolve.

your iPhone yet?

I can speak for me and using the iPhone it jumps each time it's loading a page or a content.

so it's style over substance AND functionality? typical website design :doh:

your iPhone yet?

well, i do use javascript, so apart from the program pictures it does work for me... (though the jumping is getting on my nerves). but a well designed website would offer an alternative so you can watch the content also without javascript or with older browsers (i haven't tested that), so it's accessible for everyone. it's actually not even a big thing to program, if they know what they're doing. :wink2:

i don't have an iphone but android... just tested it, and it partly works. this "the origin of love" picture from the start page keeps popping up in weird places, and the MYH audio and the videos don't work. the picture gallery is ok though.

Love Mika's new look! Wow!! He looks as clean and fresh as if he's just stepped out of the shower. :mikadas:

I've heard some people say recently that Mika's new image seems to be lacking his original touches (bright clothes, jewellery, etc.), but honestly I think THIS is the real Mika. He of white walls and simple clothes when he was not putting on a show.

I know people fear that a change in Mika is an indication that he is conforming or trying to please the masses but I would like to think that the opposite is happening and we're going to start to see more of the real man. I think the subject matter of this album is going to mean he has to open up a bit more in any case.

I love the simplicity of the site. The blue is almost identical to the one we are already using on MFC. We chose it to save people's eyes from the harsh black and purple that was on Mikasounds so I know it is much easier to look at.

This site is so much cleaner and easier to navigate -- stripped down, I guess.

Perhaps this is a reflection of the new direction, as well. :thumb_yello:

Whatever -- I really, really like it!

Guess it's time for MFC to get a makeover, too! :wink2:

MIKA_LIVE_12.jpg

:jawdrop:

I love MFC the way it is :aah:

Well you never know though :wink2:

I love the unshaven Mika pic :fangurl:

I guess I need to take a look at the new mikasounds.com then :naughty:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

The colorful skinny jeans boy is really gone...

and mature real man has come to us ... !! :aah:

Yep, and about time too :naughty:

All I can say is that I feel like a huge weight gone with the old dark design! The new look is light, simple, stylish, uncluttered, easy (at least so far). It's everything it should be, absolutely love it!

That pretty much sums it up for me

No more purple, HALLELLUJAH! :naughty:

I love the new layout! It's so clean, and the pictures in great sizes. Yes, I approve very very much.

I only hope they'll add his old blogs somewhere too eventually.

Ooh,you raise a good point! We lost the old ones with the last site revamp,which is a total shame, so I hope they will put the archive up at some point

Love Mika's new look! Wow!! He looks as clean and fresh as if he's just stepped out of the shower. :mikadas:

I've heard some people say recently that Mika's new image seems to be lacking his original touches (bright clothes, jewellery, etc.), but honestly I think THIS is the real Mika. He of white walls and simple clothes when he was not putting on a show.

I know people fear that a change in Mika is an indication that he is conforming or trying to please the masses but I would like to think that the opposite is happening and we're going to start to see more of the real man. I think the subject matter of this album is going to mean he has to open up a bit more in any case.

I love the simplicity of the site. The blue is almost identical to the one we are already using on MFC. We chose it to save people's eyes from the harsh black and purple that was on Mikasounds so I know it is much easier to look at.

I like Mika simple too :wub2: and his voice live and accoustic :fangurl:

I guess the lyrics in the opening page are from the single he's going to perform on friday?

let me say i still find them a bit odd :naughty: (no surprise :mf_rosetinted:)

the site is gorgeous, but I'm not surprised, seeing that Andy and Mortar and Pestle are involved :blush-anim-cl: