2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

i know i don't post on here alot but i am going to barnes and noble tomorrow to pick up the magazine (i went today and they didn't have this issue yet) so if they have extra copies i will get them and if anyone outside the US can't get one i will ship it out :)

OMG seriously?! Could I be one of those people please? :aah: Thank you. :wink2:

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, I suppose because, even though I know he's gorgeous (coz I've got eyes) I never felt that I wished I could sleep with him, or get with him. Even when I actually met him I didn't get the urge to grab him, or anything like that. I know that if he walked into my house he'd get a cup of tea off me, or something to eat, and I'd behave like a mum to him.

Of course, I have a son his age. I'm 58 on Thursday. So it'd be disgusting if I lusted over him wouldn't it. It'd be like lusting after my son eeeeeewwwwww.

But I've actually never been able to imagine Mika with a woman. From the very start I *knew* he was gay. Sometimes on here, when fans were discussing who he was seen with. Entertaining ladies in Paris, or wherever, I used to be itching to write, "he's not with her. He's gay". But we wern't saying that on here, so I kept my itchy fingers to myself. But found it quite frustrating to have to write "The person he's with."

But to me it was always obvious. If anyone asked who he was with in interviews, he'd start on about not wanting to be labeled. If he'd been with a girl, surely he'd have just said, "I have a girlfriend, but I don't want to talk about it." This, to me, screamed GAY louder than if he'd just said it.

But it was obvious he wasn't ready to say so, and because he wasn't ready, we had to keep quiet too. Which we did.

But now *Sighs with relief* we can mention his boyfriend. But even if he'd been straight and had got with a girl, he'd still be unatainable to everyone else. He's at an age now, where he would surely like to have a settled homelife. He's a mature man and it is good for him to be settled in his heart.

sooner or later, all pop stars settle down. Even Justin Bieber will settle down one day, and his fans will be wishing it was them, so it's nothing new.

When I was a kid I wanted to marry Mr. Spock, and he isn't even real! So I know it can be hard to make the adjustment.

But I think the way to look at it is this. The fans haven't lost Mika. In fact, because he's in love he's a shiny new version of the man we all care about. Someone to whom love has been given, and so he can give love in return, even to us when we see him, meet him, message him or tweet him. I certainly love this new relaxed, happy Mika and wouldn't want to turn back the clock at all.

You say it so well :thumb_yello:

I feel just the same , the only difference being I fancied Captain James T Kirk and not Spock back then :lmfao:

But apart from that my feelings towards Mika are totally the same as yours :wub2:

I'd love to have a tea with him, hear him sing accoustic and in my wildest dreams would love to sing with him :blush-anim-cl: but although I really love him because he's so sweet , so charming and such a brilliant artist , that would be it :wink2: and I've always thought he liked boys better :blush-anim-cl: and I'm so happy that he has found the man of his dreams :wub2: and I love his new songs inspired by his new love :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Click the link and when the image opens up in your browser, click the image again. It should automatically zoom it to the right size and it shouldn't be very blurry.

Sorry everyone I realized there is part of a sentence missing at the end of the first enlarged page. It reads:

"Mika also returned to a formula that worked for him in his earliest days of writing music, collaborate with artists you actually like and respect."

Thank you for that advice Christine. I'm such a dork on computers. I've read the article and it's fantastic! It's so good that he's comfortable with himself now, and at least, those questions will fizzle out and they'll ask him only stuff about his music. As it should be.

Yyyeeeees thank you someone who agreeesss XD No seriously, I suppose I'm just in an earlier state than he is, but I have been debating with me (and my parents I suppose) about what label to put on myself and what to come out as, which are again two different things, at least in my case they are. My mother asked me if I was a lesbian when I was ten (yeah really) and I just replied... You what? Lol. Ever since my whole family just assumes I am, so the easiest thing to do was just stop saying no. And you know what, I kinda did. At one time I was just so bored with the questions but also so hurt and feeling ignored and angry about this whole subject that I just asked them to shut up already and said that when I actually do fall in love, man or woman, they'll hear back from me. Not that it helped in the slightest, but at least they are introduced to the idea of me having a boyfriend once now LOL.

Anyways, I have always believed my sexuality too complicated to be labeled. I don't even fancy people, I fancy their brains more than anything. To have someone so amazing considering himself labelless Has always been a huge inspiration for me. Even though, I must say that it is really really tiring to have to continuously explain yourself. Therefore I can most certainly understand that it's just easier to come out and be done with it. I do sometimes. Just depends if I've got the energy to discuss it in length.

That was why my heart sank a little as the "coming out" got more definite. It was the thought that he was 'just' gay rather than the person I thought he was from his own description. Nothing wrong with him being gay....I just got excited that he was something more unusual than that. :blink:

That's only the US release date it seems. It is being released at different times all over the world.

So far it looks like:

Japan - Sept 11

Russia - Sept 16

France - Sept 17

Canada - Sept 18

Germany - Sept 21 (?)

UK - Oct 8

US - Oct 16

There are parts of the pics missing. I had to screencap zoomed in parts from my iPad and piece it together afterwards. I was just concerned about the text because the screencaps of full pages are too small to read the text.

Do you think the non UK/US dates are so much earlier so that the record company has time to change the album title/artwork/running order/line-up/etc when he decides on a whim to do so during a promo interview! :naughty:

That was why my heart sank a little as the "coming out" got more definite. It was the thought that he was 'just' gay rather than the person I thought he was from his own description. Nothing wrong with him being gay....I just got excited that he was something more unusual than that. :blink:

A friend of mine said that to me many years ago when it was becoming obvious that Mika wasn't showing any interest in women. :naughty: I mean she did not care if he liked women per se but she was also hoping that his reticence to discuss his sexuality was more interesting than "I don't want to be labelled gay at the start of my career so I'm going to avoid the question."

Do you think the non UK/US dates are so much earlier so that the record company has time to change the album title/artwork/running order/line-up/etc when he decides on a whim to do so during a promo interview! :naughty:

Perhaps! :lmfao:

I´m surprised how much fuzz this causes :shocked:

I'm surprised at how little it's caused! There have been much bigger dramas over much more irrelevant things. :naughty:

I have not seen a single piece of news on Mika for a year in Hungary, so today I decided to search on the biggest newsite and there it was: a summary of the article from Instict, titled: 'Mika only likes guys' :rolls_eyes:

I never even saw that as it never made 'front page' news, not even among celeb stories. Without that story though there would have been no news on him at all, of course. :dunno:

A friend of mine said that to me many years ago when it was becoming obvious that Mika wasn't showing any interest in women. :naughty: I mean she did not care if he liked women per se but she was also hoping that his reticence to discuss his sexuality was more interesting than "I don't want to be labelled gay at the start of my career so I'm going to avoid the question."

I've been saying that- and even believed it for a while. Feel silly now

I have not seen a single piece of news on Mika for a year in Hungary, so today I decided to search on the biggest newsite and there it was: a summary of the article from Instict, titled: 'Mika only likes guys' :rolls_eyes:

I never even saw that as it never made 'front page' news, not even among celeb stories. Without that story though there would have been no news on him at all, of course. :dunno:

I just had to search on the swedish news site now, because of your comment. And there was actually a short article about it, a summary. There were more comments than text in the article :aah: Most of them said: "oh I could never have guessed that". But some people also wondered why they even made an article about it, and I agree with them. I mean it's not what I would call news, none of I'm homosexual articles and etc are news to me. It's like reading an article about Madonna's new house or dress or something.

But in one way I understand why it's good that famous people tell the world that they are homosexual. Just sad that they have to.

FWIW, I went to my local Barnes & Noble today and they still have the

August issue of Instinct on the newsstand. They weren't sure when they

would put September's out. :sneaky2:

I'll check back in a few days... but I'd say it's probably just as easy and

possibly even faster to order directly from the magazine, if you don't

mind paying for the shipping. :dunno:

FWIW, I went to my local Barnes & Noble today and they still have the

August issue of Instinct on the newsstand. They weren't sure when they

would put September's out. :sneaky2:

I'll check back in a few days... but I'd say it's probably just as easy and

possibly even faster to order directly from the magazine, if you don't

mind paying for the shipping. :dunno:

Encountered the same problem... Was hopefull I could get it while being in the US

Mika has always been out of the closet personally. Before he made it big, he was on Myspace, and listed his orientation as gay. He didn't start covering it up until he got a hit single.:mf_rosetinted:

Finaly Mika was confortable with his sexual orientation since years but hidding it when he had success and when his carreer go down he came out of the closet in a gay magazine to do a buzz no comment :mf_rosetinted:

The same here:dunno:

There's a lot of short articles with the summary from Instict and headlines like "Mika has disappointed ladies".:aah: They remind readers about his previous statements on bisexuality or reluctance to be labeled though.

But at the same time there are a lot of anouncements about his new albums following video "Celebrate".:thumb_yello:

But most of comments were about his music and his great talent and not about it, concerning being gay his private thing.

Mika has always been out of the closet personally. Before he made it big, he was on Myspace, and listed his orientation as gay. He didn't start covering it up until he got a hit single.:mf_rosetinted:

Huh, that's interesting.

I don't really care that he's gay, but I guess I could say I'm a little "disappointed", the "call me bisexual" bit leaves him a bit more open.

That is to say, being exclusively gay/straight isn't as impressive as being bisexual/pansexual/etc.