2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

Yeah i guess u're rite. I think i'm just too obsessed with him that i cant accept the fact yet. I just feel that i cannot look at him with the same way as before, although i had suspicious that he's gay since the first time i saw him and his clothes and videos....:'(

For me, I suppose because, even though I know he's gorgeous (coz I've got eyes) I never felt that I wished I could sleep with him, or get with him. Even when I actually met him I didn't get the urge to grab him, or anything like that. I know that if he walked into my house he'd get a cup of tea off me, or something to eat, and I'd behave like a mum to him.

Of course, I have a son his age. I'm 58 on Thursday. So it'd be disgusting if I lusted over him wouldn't it. It'd be like lusting after my son eeeeeewwwwww.

But I've actually never been able to imagine Mika with a woman. From the very start I *knew* he was gay. Sometimes on here, when fans were discussing who he was seen with. Entertaining ladies in Paris, or wherever, I used to be itching to write, "he's not with her. He's gay". But we wern't saying that on here, so I kept my itchy fingers to myself. But found it quite frustrating to have to write "The person he's with."

But to me it was always obvious. If anyone asked who he was with in interviews, he'd start on about not wanting to be labeled. If he'd been with a girl, surely he'd have just said, "I have a girlfriend, but I don't want to talk about it." This, to me, screamed GAY louder than if he'd just said it.

But it was obvious he wasn't ready to say so, and because he wasn't ready, we had to keep quiet too. Which we did.

But now *Sighs with relief* we can mention his boyfriend. But even if he'd been straight and had got with a girl, he'd still be unatainable to everyone else. He's at an age now, where he would surely like to have a settled homelife. He's a mature man and it is good for him to be settled in his heart.

sooner or later, all pop stars settle down. Even Justin Bieber will settle down one day, and his fans will be wishing it was them, so it's nothing new.

When I was a kid I wanted to marry Mr. Spock, and he isn't even real! So I know it can be hard to make the adjustment.

But I think the way to look at it is this. The fans haven't lost Mika. In fact, because he's in love he's a shiny new version of the man we all care about. Someone to whom love has been given, and so he can give love in return, even to us when we see him, meet him, message him or tweet him. I certainly love this new relaxed, happy Mika and wouldn't want to turn back the clock at all.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, I suppose because, even though I know he's gorgeous (coz I've got eyes) I never felt that I wished I could sleep with him, or get with him. Even when I actually met him I didn't get the urge to grab him, or anything like that. I know that if he walked into my house he'd get a cup of tea off me, or something to eat, and I'd behave like a mum to him.

Of course, I have a son his age. I'm 58 on Thursday. So it'd be disgusting if I lusted over him wouldn't it. It'd be like lusting after my son eeeeeewwwwww.

But I've actually never been able to imagine Mika with a woman. From the very start I *knew* he was gay. Sometimes on here, when fans were discussing who he was seen with. Entertaining ladies in Paris, or wherever, I used to be itching to write, "he's not with her. He's gay". But we wern't saying that on here, so I kept my itchy fingers to myself. But found it quite frustrating to have to write "The person he's with."

But to me it was always obvious. If anyone asked who he was with in interviews, he'd start on about not wanting to be labeled. If he'd been with a girl, surely he'd have just said, "I have a girlfriend, but I don't want to talk about it." This, to me, screamed GAY louder than if he'd just said it.

But it was obvious he wasn't ready to say so, and because he wasn't ready, we had to keep quiet too. Which we did.

But now *Sighs with relief* we can mention his boyfriend. But even if he'd been straight and had got with a girl, he'd still be unatainable to everyone else. He's at an age now, where he would surely like to have a settled homelife. He's a mature man and it is good for him to be settled in his heart.

sooner or later, all pop stars settle down. Even Justin Bieber will settle down one day, and his fans will be wishing it was them, so it's nothing new.

When I was a kid I wanted to marry Mr. Spock, and he isn't even real! So I know it can be hard to make the adjustment.

But I think the way to look at it is this. The fans haven't lost Mika. In fact, because he's in love he's a shiny new version of the man we all care about. Someone to whom love has been given, and so he can give love in return, even to us when we see him, meet him, message him or tweet him. I certainly love this new relaxed, happy Mika and wouldn't want to turn back the clock at all.

I love this :)

@Sephira can I be honest? :teehee: You seem to have gay friends and have clearly read a lot into this topic, including historical and biological background (I do appreciate a scientific explanations in anything:thumb_yello:) ...so how come you have always been against Mika coming out? I know you explained it with you not wanting him to lose fanbase and let this fact obscure his work but on a personal level does it feel ok for you now or have you changed your mind about it?

It's not because I have friends and family members who are homosexual that I will be for the principle of coming out and all my friends who are homosexual are against too.

I'm against coming out because it is the reflection of the pressure that puts on all of us the society today so that everyone is defines as an individual in relation to sexual orientation. Sexual orientation of a person does not made her, no one is smarter or more tolerant because they are homosexual or heterosexual.

As human beings we experience in our lives enough pressure professional, family and other hassles for added the Dictates of the society which try to interfer in people's privacy. This kind of pressure is not healthy for anyone.

Sexuality is a private business if you are famous or not. If famous people are minting their privacy because they have no talent and do it by talking to them it is a kind of prostitution (I don't speak about especially of coming out).

Mika is not the kind of person who speaks about his intimacy not because he was unconfortable about the fact he is homosexual but because he is someone private.

I saw Mika in France in february, june and july,

he was really happy, I was happy to see him like that because I remember Mika in January 2011, he smiled at us and was nice at the magic numbers gig and M&G but I felt him really sad, depressive. At the Heaven I never saw Mika so nervous and unconfortable even though he knew we knew, he was in a gay club on a little stage, he was so afraid that he locked himself in the bathroom of his wardrobe :doh: Mika is not more happy and free because he made his coming out and I'm sure that when he promotes is new album and he faces questions all the time about his private life more than before he will not be happy :doh:

Mika is a marionette lover :mikacool:

In the backstage at les victoires de la musique he kissed a marionette but I don't find the video :naughty:

It's not because I have friends and family members who are homosexual that I will be for the principle of coming out and all my friends who are homosexual are against too.

I'm against coming out because it is the reflection of the pressure that puts on all of us the society today so that everyone is defines as an individual in relation to sexual orientation. Sexual orientation of a person does not made her, no one is smarter or more tolerant because they are homosexual or heterosexual.

As human beings we experience in our lives enough pressure professional, family and other hassles for added the Dictates of the society which try to interfer in people's privacy. This kind of pressure is not healthy for anyone.

Sexuality is a private business if you are famous or not. If famous people are minting their privacy because they have no talent and do it by talking to them it is a kind of prostitution (I don't speak about especially of coming out).

Mika is not the kind of person who speaks about his intimacy not because he was unconfortable about the fact he is homosexual but because he is someone private.

he was really happy, I was happy to see him like that because I remember Mika in January 2011, he smiled at us and was nice at the magic numbers gig and M&G but I felt him really sad, depressive. At the Heaven I never saw Mika so nervous and unconfortable even though he knew we knew, he was in a gay club on a little stage, he was so afraid that he locked himself in the bathroom of his wardrobe :doh: Mika is not more happy and free because he made his coming out and I'm sure that when he promotes is new album and he faces questions all the time about his private life more than before he will not be happy :doh:

Mika is a marionette lover :mikacool:

In the backstage at les victoires de la musique he kissed a marionette but I don't find the video :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]t-wED95KD9Y&feature=[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mikasister

:naughty: Well it's alot harder to do that at 14' date=' when adults with uninformed opinions refuse to listen to you and dismiss you as too young to understand the 'truth' :aah: Ive always been out of place and in my own head because of it.[/quote']

Well, I don't know if it's any comfort yo you, but you ROCK!! :thumb_yello:

That shows you're a really strong person, it takes a lot of courage to decide to question everything you ever believed for the sake of being a better person! I really admire people like you :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

I imagine that it's so hard, especially when you begin to swim against the tide..

So happy he's out and proud about it. As a gay person, I'm always happy to see the admirable people I love supporting the LGBT community - and knowing there's another gay person I look up to so much already makes it all the better!

And what's all this talk of not being able to marry him? Clearly, we all need to read up on beards. I will still gladly have gaybies with him.

I agree about him looking really happy these days, about the Magic points gig and also about him looking very nervous at Heaven videos (I wasn't at Heaven so didn't see that one myself). Well he IS a very private person and it must have been a huge step to him. I still think that being direct about this (in public) can make his life much easier in the long run. People are less interested about the whole issue now when it's out there.

He can probably understand himself, without being pressured, that giving an honest/real image is important when releasing this kind of album and I think he is doing the right thing. But also, when people are really happy they share their feelings more easily even when naturally private persons? I hope he genuinely felt this was a good moment to talk about it, in many ways.

I'm reading from the beginning this long long thread, I'm so pleased we're talking about this in such a open-minded way, even with whom have different opinions.

I'm very very happy Mika is strong enough and above all is happy enough to shout (well, whisper maybe, as I see from Heaven's video :naughty:) to the world his feelings for a man.

And I find he made it in the sweetest way he could.

"Once I had a secret love..."

The world is not ready to all that, but I'm sure that every single step is important, every single word of us, with our children, with our friends.

I don't know if someone has already posted this, I only read till page 38...

Maybe one day we'll arrive to this...

Sorry but I didn't find the English version, then I'll translate that...

Myriam

Edited by Valmont69

So happy he's out and proud about it. As a gay person, I'm always happy to see the admirable people I love supporting the LGBT community - and knowing there's another gay person I look up to so much already makes it all the better!

And what's all this talk of not being able to marry him? Clearly, we all need to read up on beards. I will still gladly have gaybies with him.

Whoehahahaha gaybies don't care who I have children with, I'm always going to call them my gaybies.

Heh. I'm going to call my first born Gaby. As is Gaby the Gayby. Poor child XD

Edited by NowTheDreamsWontDo

I agree about him looking really happy these days, about the Magic points gig and also about him looking very nervous at Heaven videos (I wasn't at Heaven so didn't see that one myself). Well he IS a very private person and it must have been a huge step to him. I still think that being direct about this (in public) can make his life much easier in the long run. People are less interested about the whole issue now when it's out there.

He can probably understand himself, without being pressured, that giving an honest/real image is important when releasing this kind of album and I think he is doing the right thing. But also, when people are really happy they share their feelings more easily even when naturally private persons? I hope he genuinely felt this was a good moment to talk about it, in many ways.

Mika said before his coming out that he is happy and in love, in France at the radio the interviewers asked him who this person is but it was easy for Mika to said that it's not their business. Now it is different and more difficulte, he said things about his private life in Instinct Magazine, the others interviewers and journalists wants that Mika tells more, that's why in Quebec the journalist asked him explainations about his coming out and it is not finish :doh: In France they made 50 articles with two sentences from Instinct Magazine about his coming out, they surely don't let him in peace and I'm sure in UK it will be the same:doh:

Imagine how Mika will feel when he promotes at TV , radios and news papers when they asks all the time to him questions about his privacy and his relation with the man he loves. He hates that kind of things, I saw him in bad moods every time interviewers asked him things private. Mika does not change and he will be in a bad mood again for the same reason.

Mika said before his coming out that he is happy and in love, in France at the radio the interviewers asked him who this person is but it was easy for Mika to said that it's not their business. Now it is different and more difficulte, he said things about his private life in Instinct Magazine, the others interviewers and journalists wants that Mika tells more, that's why in Quebec the journalist asked him explainations about his coming out and it is not finish :doh: In France they made 50 articles with two sentences from Instinct Magazine about his coming out, they surely don't let him in peace and I'm sure in UK it will be the same:doh:

Imagine how Mika will feel when he promotes at TV , radios and news papers when they asks all the time to him questions about his privacy and his relation with the man he loves. He hates that kind of things, I saw him in bad moods every time interviewers asked him things private. Mika does not change and he will be in a bad mood again for the same reason.

Well, he does have some explaining to do, doesn't he? Not about that fact that he's gay, because hardly anyone would be surprised about that. But just why did someone that was 'raised by a rock and roll mum' in 'a liberal family' in the UK and 'has been in a relationship with a man for five years' have so much trouble coming out? Of course journalists are going to ask him about that, that's their job. Mika's not stupid, so he knows that.

I actually think he'll be getting less questions about his personal life this way. By closing the door on questions about his sexuality, he forced journalists to ask about who he slept with (which, let's face it, is totally uninteresting). Now he gives them a chance to ask somewhat more philosophical questions, in which he can give an opinion that is based on his own experience. He spent five years on his 'I can't be labelled' stuff in interviews and now he finally can explain why that was so important to him and maybe help other people in their struggle in a different way.

The sexual orientation don't define your indentity, the person you are. To not feel ashamed of your sexuality it is a good point but to be proud of it if you are gay or straight it is something really futile and patronizing :doh: There are things far more important in our lives deserves a sense of pride :wink2:

Live your life don't see your life throught others in particulary famous people talented or not :wink2:

I really need to find me another planet to live :fisch:

There's a lot of persons who are homosexual and are not part of the LGBT community but they not feel miserable and oppressed.

I had a friend who live in Paris since 8 years he cut himself from all his friends who always loved him just because he wanted to attend only members of LGBT community, he even isolated from friends who are gay but refusing to be a part of the LGBT community :sneaky2:

I never appreciated the intolerance and prejudice that are growing in the LGBT community :sneaky2:

Well, he does have some explaining to do, doesn't he? Not about that fact that he's gay, because hardly anyone would be surprised about that. But just why did someone that was 'raised by a rock and roll mum' in 'a liberal family' in the UK and 'has been in a relationship with a man for five years' have so much trouble coming out? Of course journalists are going to ask him about that, that's their job. Mika's not stupid, so he knows that.

I actually think he'll be getting less questions about his personal life this way. By closing the door on questions about his sexuality, he forced journalists to ask about who he slept with (which, let's face it, is totally uninteresting). Now he gives them a chance to ask somewhat more philosophical questions, in which he can give an opinion that is based on his own experience. He spent five years on his 'I can't be labelled' stuff in interviews and now he finally can explain why that was so important to him and maybe help other people in their struggle in a different way.

He has opened the pandora box, journalists and interviewers don't think like fans, they wants more listeners and readers by sensationalism and recounting the details of the private life of famous people, some rare serious news papers may be let him in peace. This is the sad truth, the world in which we live :doh:

Don't worry,he's a big boy and he knows very well how to handle this situation :wink2: And besides,no one forced him to make this step,it was his choice and I think he's prepared for any questions.I see his coming out as a big relief and a well deserved freedom in his life.You know how do you feel when you're in love and you just wanna scream it out loud from the top of the world? Imagine what it feels if you can't do it!

Do you know what. You have put here exactly what's going on in my head.

You have worded this so perfectly, and it almost feels like you have read my mind!

I absolutely ADORE Mika, and dare I say it, I do fancy the pants off him, gay or otherwise. He is probably the most beautiful man I have ever set eyes on in my whole life.

But no matter what his sexual preference, I love him also for the way he makes me feel when I hear him sing.

I 'knew' all along, that it was only a matter of time before he felt comfortable enough to share this with us, and honestly, it's not made one bit of difference to the way I feel about him.

I still think he's amazing!!

I get annoyed with papers and magazines wanting to pry details like who someone is seeing, out of people, when the person clearly doesn't want to tell them. There is most likely a very good reason,like the other person doesn't want to be in the public eye, which is fair enough. And the argument "but they are going out with someone well known" holds no water for me, they clearly fell for the person, not their profession, and I don't see that they should be pulled out of the shadows if they don't want to.

There are celebs that do this quite successfully. Not sure if they are still together, but Dizzee Rascal was with a girl for a while, and never revealed who she was, as he said, she didn't want to be in the limelight, and he wasn't going to disrespect her wishes. And fair play to him for that.

So I think Mika is of the same mind. As much as wanting to have the privacy for himself, I think he wants to protect his partner from the limelight, he seemed to do it quite successfully with his previous bf for 5 years, and I admire him for it, being that respectful to the other persons wishes.

I'm against coming out because it is the reflection of the pressure that puts on all of us the society today so that everyone is defines as an individual in relation to sexual orientation. Sexual orientation of a person does not made her, no one is smarter or more tolerant because they are homosexual or heterosexual..

So how do you think one is supposed to function in society without indicating their orientation? Do you think a gay guy should / would be able to hide who he is living with from neighbours? Or should he find a 'cover story' that he lives with his cousin or has a live-in cook?

Or when you think of a workplace, for example, one may not talk too much about their private life but it is unavoidable that you talk about your current or previous relationships and also not leave your current partner home if there is a family event..etc.

It is part of everyone's identity and you can't live your life hiding in a box. Not even popstars can.

At the Heaven I never saw Mika so nervous and unconfortable even though he knew we knew, he was in a gay club on a little stage, he was so afraid that he locked himself in the bathroom of his wardrobe :doh: Mika is not more happy and free because he made his coming out and I'm sure that when he promotes is new album and he faces questions all the time about his private life more than before he will not be happy :doh:

Of course he was nervous about making this important statement. He looks really happy and relaxed to me lately, I think he was planning this and now that he's done with it he is relieved.

I'm very very happy Mika is strong enough and above all is happy enough to shout (well, whisper maybe, as I see from Heaven's video :naughty:) to the world his feelings for a man.

And I find he made it in the sweetest way he could.

Sorry but I didn't find the English version, then I'll translate that...

yes, please

There are celebs that do this quite successfully. Not sure if they are still together, but Dizzee Rascal was with a girl for a while, and never revealed who she was, as he said, she didn't want to be in the limelight, and he wasn't going to disrespect her wishes. And fair play to him for that.

:lmfao: This example made me laugh so much ...Who on earth would be interested in what Dizzee Rascal is doing in his private life, anyway? :roftl:

:mikacool:

Edited by suzie

So how do you think one is supposed to function in society without indicating their orientation? Do you think a gay guy could hide who he is living with from neighbours? Or should he find a 'cover story' that he lives with his cousin or has a live-in cook?

Or when you think of a workplace, for example, one may not talk too much about their private life but it is unavoidable that you talk about your current or previous relationships and also not leave your current partner home if there is a family event..etc.

It is part of everyone's identity and you can't live your life hiding in a box.

Of course he was nervous about making this important statement. He looks really happy and relaxed to me lately, I think he was planning this and now that he's done with it he is relieved, I think.

yes, please

:lmfao: This example made me laugh so much ...Who on earth would be interested in what Dizzee Rascal is doing in his private life, anyway? :roftl:

:mikacool:

In the UK, he is one of the biggest artists of this generation, so he gets quite a lot of attention. So there are a lot of people interested in what he does.

Do you know what. You have put here exactly what's going on in my head.

You have worded this so perfectly, and it almost feels like you have read my mind!

I absolutely ADORE Mika, and dare I say it, I do fancy the pants off him, gay or otherwise. He is probably the most beautiful man I have ever set eyes on in my whole life.

But no matter what his sexual preference, I love him also for the way he makes me feel when I hear him sing.

I 'knew' all along, that it was only a matter of time before he felt comfortable enough to share this with us, and honestly, it's not made one bit of difference to the way I feel about him.

I still think he's amazing!!

Yes and I also think it's only a matter of time before we see the lucky guy with Mika.

I think coming out was a hurdle for him, hence the nerves, but once it was out there, it was a relief.

Of course he's expecting the questions, but I don't think they'll bother him now. He's a natural diplomat after all.

Remember that interview where fans could skype and ask him questions. Remember some stupid so-and-so asking him if he thought Kanye West and Kim Kardassian were the real deal or just out for publicity? Remember his brilliant diplomatic answer which didn't really give much away. Something like "Maybe he met her and thought she was hot, and then maybe he realised he liked her." He answered it so well. I just wouldn't have known what to say.

So I bet he's got his answers ready for the press. I personally think that it's possible all the secrecy in the past was what distroyed his previous relationship. Maybe the other guy was upset about not being acknowledged, but now, the new relationship he's in means so much to him that he's not going to be secretive about his sexual orientation anymore, and he's so much in-love he wants to talk about it openly.

Good luck to him and now, let's all lighten up a bit. As the song says...

It's time to stand up, have fun and CELEBRATE!!

*starts growing a beard immediatly* :lmfao:

I love Mika's music, songs , voice. I could be his mum :naughty:

He makes me happy, but I never thought for a second he would fall in love with me :lmfao: or marry me :floor:

I've always thought he liked boys better from the start, maybe because he is so charming :wub2:

I think the fact that he made his coming out is great because it is liberating for him, he was happy while dedicating "The Origin Of Love" to the man he loves :wub2: , it showed :clap:

I think it takes a lot of courage to come out because our society is still so much based on stereotypes.

I admire him for doing it and I'm happy for him because it is a big step.

I'm also happy he did it because the more famous people do it, the easier homosexuality will be accepted by society so it'll help tremendously young people who discover that they are not straight and have to say it to their families and friends.

So congrats Mika for making your boyfriend and your fans so proud of you :wub2:

So how do you think one is supposed to function in society without indicating their orientation? Do you think a gay guy could hide who he is living with from neighbours? Or should he find a 'cover story' that he lives with his cousin or has a live-in cook?

It is part of everyone's identity and you can't live your life hiding in a box.

I speak about "coming out", my friends homosexual or straight never hide their boyfriend or girlfriend to their parents and friends, but they never felt the need to reunite people and said "I'm homosexual" or "I'm straight".

My friends who are homosexual had no need to go tell their parents they were gay because their parents knew. Some of their parents took time to accept that their child loves someone of the same sex but there was no need of a "coming out" for that.

I never ever defining myself by a sexual orientation because who I am comes from my soul and heart, my education, my history, the country where I live, the way I feel the world,...

When I speak about somebody to someone who wants to know or remember this person I say her name I describe the person physically and his personality traits but I never said "he or she is homosexual" to describe and define this person :doh: