Mika Interview in Poplick "I'm not afraid to be honest anymore"

Hippieibbie

So i found this interview in a magazine in Denmark there came out yesterday. and translated it. (there might be mistakes as my english isnt good)

And if someone wont the hard copy of this danish(:aah:) interview. Pm and i can send you one, cause i can get the magazines for free!:thumb_yello: There is many poster with gaga tho!:aah:

poplick.jpg

After scary accident >>I'm not afraid to be honest anymore<<

After 2 busy years Will Mika’s thrid album ”the origin of love” hit the store the 17th september. Anders Reinholdt Jonsson, got to meet mika to a little chat about personally problem, the reality, and a true love story.

It’s summer in London it’s past 11am, while Mika without luck have tried to get onto a taxi many times. He have to go to a meeting with some designers, there have to make the cover to his new album. >>I’m a little stressed right now, there are many things there need to be done, and then it’s so annoying that my taxi won’t arrive<< Does mika say to me, while his assistant try to call a new taxi. The taxi arrives and in the taxi mika relax a little. He didn’t have many relaxing moments the past months. Because a direction has had a special place in mika’s life, and it affect this new album.

>> I have also been trying to please everybody else, and maybe i never did what i wanted to do. But then i got a wake up call when my sister got into a accident. I sat beside her at the hospital, and was thinking that it’s so crazy that you can lose everything you love at just 30 seconds << Do mika tell!

Away from the problems

The accident was the new beginning in mika’s life, he spent loads of time thinking over his own life. To find out what there means something for him

>> A February morning i woke up and thought, i just had to get away from everything. Away from my family and my problems. I packed my suitcase and took a plane to Montreal<<

Without a starting point – and without haven’t wrote a song for long time – took mika direct from an airport in Canada to a recording studio and wrote the title track for the upcoming album.

>> I stayed there for six months and wrote and wrote. To write a album is very selfish. It’s hard to be in a creative process. I didn’t want to travel back before i was done. I have waited for so long to write an album while i had something on my heart, and i really had that with ‘the origin of love’ it felt so good << does mika say

A more simple message

In the Canadian land long away from the noisy London there was fussy about his sisters accident. Did mika find some good producer Like Pharrell Williams, William Orbit and Benny Benassi, and then he also find the title to new songs there should be on his album. It was all about Mika and they all had it fun together. It was something new for the star there have been used to work alone with his own songs. And that have also made a new result.

>> Earlier i draw some comic figures and insane lyrics. This time i simply just wrote songs. When i have wrote the first song, i realized how cool it is to write an album with 12 love songs with 12 different messages. The concept is much more simple than it was earlier, but it all comes direct from my heart << Does mika explain and point that the music isn’t simple

Down with the fence

>>The album is like a book, it lays at the table and looks like something academic. And when you open it, it pops out with crazy and wild colours, there hug you <<

A example on that is the new single “celebrate” there act like a fun and electronic summer track, while the other love songs have relations to Fleetwood Mac, Beck, Bee Gees and Paul Simon filled with joy. 12 alternative pop songs mika wrote for himself. That process have made the 28-year-old mika more grown up.

>>I actually feel a little bad about the saying ‘I’ve become more grown up and makes more grown up music’ Because sometimes can artist create music there is hard to relate to, they create a fence around themselves, that the listening person cant get over. And that’s a bad thing. I’ve become more grown up and have become more happy in this process. And because i’ve become more happy have i got a lot more confidence. Therefore is my fence gone. I simply have got it so good with just being me. With being Mika<< Does the happy pop singer say.

A good future foundation

And he is not only happy because he found himself. Mika is also happy because he had found the love – and the true love. There makes the pop singer melt inside

>> My own love life is very good atm. It’s on the way in a good direction. It’s like a diary. First it all was about love, then the break down. And now it’s like a building there is about to be build from the foundation. It’s true love i’ve used at the album. And the album also reflect into my love life, so it could be a never ending album, cause you cant stop love <<

But life can stop, like it almost did for his sister. And he would be happy for every single thing he have got here in life.

F*cking Honest

>> It’s just all about to be f*cking honest and do the things you wanna do, without giving a damn about what other thinks. Because in the end it have no point if you lose everything without you have done all the things you wanted to do. It was after the accident with my sister that i’ve been able to be more honest to her – and to my music << Does the pop singer day, he also say that she is doing good!

you can hear the whole love story at mika’s album ‘the origin of love’ there is out in Denmark the 17th September.

Edited by Hippieibbie

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting and translating :thumb_yello:

I'm more hopeful about the album artwork now

Yeah, I'm still convinced that there's more to the album cover than what meets the eye, eventhough it might not say in the article that it is an actual pop up I still expect it to be one, with all those crazy things that Mika described in the past. If not, it might be sort of dull. But it's the music that matters :thumb_yello:

And thanks for posting :)

thanks for posting and translating:thumb_yello:

really love this phrase "The album is like a book, it lays at the table and looks like something academic. And when you open it, it pops out with crazy and wild colours, there hug you"