Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

I don't know much about dyslexia, but I thought it is hard to spell if you are dyslexic. Does it have something to do with handwriting too?

Actually I can't :roftl: The only thing I can understand properly is "The Origin Of Love" at the top of the page :aah:

Thanks to Mika, now I know that :naughty:

My cousin is dyslexic and has a beautiful handwriting. I think she is more dyslexic than Mika ever was.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know much about dyslexia, but I thought it is hard to spell if you are dyslexic. Does it have something to do with handwriting too?

I don't think it does -- but there is a condition called dysgraphia:

http://www.ldanatl.org/aboutld/parents/ld_basics/dysgraphia.asp

I'm not suggesting Mika has that, though -- as I said, my husband's handwriting is MUCH worse, and I don't think he has it either. Or does he...? :naughty:

I don't think it does -- but there is a condition called dysgraphia:

http://www.ldanatl.org/aboutld/parents/ld_basics/dysgraphia.asp

I'm not suggesting Mika has that, though -- as I said, my husband's handwriting is MUCH worse, and I don't think he has it either. Or does he...? :naughty:

Was looking at one of my son's homework earlier and first thing that came to my mind was: that kid has such a bad handwriting... No dyslexia in sight :wink2:

Actually I can't :roftl: The only thing I can understand properly is "The Origin Of Love" at the top of the page :aah:

Thanks to Mika, now I know that :naughty:

The brain can be a weird thing. One thing I've never been able to do is "find things". I'll go to a cupboard to look for something I need, and can't find it. So then my husband or son look, and find it straight away. Then say something like "It was right in front of those two brown ornaments in your face."

It's always been so frustrating. But I learned very recently that, being unable to find things right in front of my eyes, is a symptom of my Prosopagnosia. Which is face-recognition-blindness and which I've always suffered from.

I don't even recognise people I've known all my life, by their faces. But the condition is, only now, being recognised.

So brains are weird things at times. I'm so glad that Mika managed to compensate for his dyslexia. Those columns he writes are amazing. I know we're all so proud of him. But the fact that he talks about his dyslexia is really great! There will be children with that condition who will see Mika's achievements and knew that they can also achieve great things.

I don't know if this should be posted here,or in wonkaland :aah::

From FB: MIKA

Leave us your best photo captions below for this Mika photo...the one that makes us laugh the most will win a signed copy of the album!

560531_10151119805128040_1506551383_n.jpg

In the above photo, Mika is saying

"You see, I wanted to love all of you, so I got plastered. OK? That's why I'm lying here instead of singing songs from... Love of something... Origin... Oh stuff it all, it's called something like that

The others are saying

So did we! We got well as drunk. That's why none of us can up stand.

I'm not on fb though so I can't enter. I just thought I'd have some fun with it.

Before TOOL was released, mika posted some of the lyrics on twitter. I thought it would be cool to screenshot these and look back when I knew which songs they came from. I still don't know which sing these lyrics are from though:

"why would I let all the tears dry, when if I miss you, then you stay alive, so I'm gonna miss [you] cuz I want to miss you"

Am I missing something here? What song are these lyrics from?

Nice! But next time my husband tells me I have bad handwriting, I'm showing this to him:fisch:

Not all that terrible. My dad's is much, much worse and I think mine is most of the time too. Mika was having a brainwave clearly, and when that happens, handwriting is irrelevant.

I'd love to win this, but I'm not on twitter.:sneaky2:

Before TOOL was released, mika posted some of the lyrics on twitter. I thought it would be cool to screenshot these and look back when I knew which songs they came from. I still don't know which sing these lyrics are from though:

"why would I let all the tears dry, when if I miss you, then you stay alive, so I'm gonna miss [you] cuz I want to miss you"

Maybe it's from one of the songs he left out, like Cry A Little?

I don't know if this should be posted here,or in wonkaland :aah::

From FB: MIKA

Leave us your best photo captions below for this Mika photo...the one that makes us laugh the most will win a signed copy of the album!

560531_10151119805128040_1506551383_n.jpg

:naughty::naughty:

:thumb_yello:

:fisch:

Remember that those songs were works-in-progress at the time.. Either he changed the lyrics at some point, or he ditched the song.

From FB:

MIKA

Join us in congratulating @adaguvenir & give her a follow, as she's our Twitter winner & will win the Origin Of Love handwritten lyric sheet from Mika! Ada - email mikacompetition@gmail.com with all your details & to arrange your prize...

Look out for more competitions coming up soon!

From FB:

MIKA

Join us in congratulating @adaguvenir & give her a follow, as she's our Twitter winner & will win the Origin Of Love handwritten lyric sheet from Mika! Ada - email mikacompetition@gmail.com with all your details & to arrange your prize...

Look out for more competitions coming up soon!

And who's that? Not an MFCer?