Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first got to see Mika, in pics, etc, I was so glad his hair was curly.

It's just so amazing to me that we have a specific brain function for recognizing faces and not just remembering in general. Like why can't you remember Mika's eyes in the same way you remember his hair? It's fascinating how we have evolved, no doubt because of our social nature where facial recognition is more important than scent for instance.

A true fan would recognise Mika even if he was bald...:fisch:

I was in the balcony on Thursday and let me tell you that day is coming sooner than you imagine. :mf_rosetinted:

That guy could be the hair stylist.

Adam Levine is his hairstylist? :shocked:

:naughty:

btw do you know who is the director?

Apparently Mika says he's directing it. :dunno:

Is Mika learning from MFCers? Ahh, I'm so proud of him, he's a proper stalker now! Javier doesn't even mention @mikasounds in his tweet :naughty:

Now? Mika has been a hardcore stalker since before MFC existed. :fisch:

I was in the balcony on Thursday and let me tell you that day is coming sooner than you imagine. :mf_rosetinted:

I've been warning the whole mfc of that for 3 years now...Me and Rosita...:teehee:

:mikacool:

:fisch:

:lmfao: .......:crybaby: I knew it!! DAMN HAT!!!! :aah:

It's just so amazing to me that we have a specific brain function for recognizing faces and not just remembering in general. Like why can't you remember Mika's eyes in the same way you remember his hair? It's fascinating how we have evolved, no doubt because of our social nature where facial recognition is more important than scent for instance.

Apparently Mika says he's directing it. :dunno:

I remember that Mika's eyes are brown. But lots of people have brown eyes so I probably wouldn't recognise Mika just from his eyes.

:lmfao: .......:crybaby: I knew it!! DAMN HAT!!!! :aah:

:sneaky2: we need to start an anti-hat and pro-hair petition!:aah::naughty:

ok i'd say that's a good reason to watch his gigs only from front row and not from the balcony! :lmfao: let's just hope he'll keep his hair for a while... i know a few guys whose hair is also a bit lighter on the top of their head, but it has been like that for 5 or 10 years without getting worse, so there's still hope. :teehee:

I remember that Mika's eyes are brown. But lots of people have brown eyes so I probably wouldn't recognise Mika just from his eyes.

Do you think you remember everything by these general traits and not just faces? I mean I know Mika's eyes are brown but that's not how I recognize him or even how I could tell a pic of just his eye was him. In fact there are many times when I can't remember people's eye colour at all but I would still recognize them with no problem. Jimmy's wife told us a story of how she was a bit star struck meeting Mika and thrown off when he looked deep into her eyes as he does, but she remembers his eyes as being blue.

ok i'd say that's a good reason to watch his gigs only from front row and not from the balcony! :lmfao: let's just hope he'll keep his hair for a while... i know a few guys whose hair is also a bit lighter on the top of their head, but it has been like that for 5 or 10 years without getting worse, so there's still hope. :teehee:

i don't know Karin. In 2010 you had to look very closely and even then it could have been just a trick of the light or the fact that his hair was damp. But now it's obvious from 30 metres away. :aah:

But as I've always said I'll still love him if he's bald. :naughty:

Do you think you remember everything by these general traits and not just faces? I mean I know Mika's eyes are brown but that's not how I recognize him or even how I could tell a pic of just his eye was him. In fact there are many times when I can't remember people's eye colour at all but I would still recognize them with no problem. Jimmy's wife told us a story of how she was a bit star struck meeting Mika and thrown off when he looked deep into her eyes as he does, but she remembers his eyes as being blue.

true... at work i always get mixed up with a colleague, though she has bright blue eyes and i have brown ones. it's a job i only do a few times a months, so it's not like they see us every day... but in any case, they mix us up because figure, hair, and maybe also a bit our faces are similar - but the eye colour is totally different.

i don't know Karin. In 2010 you had to look very closely and even then it could have been just a trick of the light or the fact that his hair was damp. But now it's obvious from 30 metres away. :aah:

me too, but... damn! :aah: it kinda makes me sad that this beautiful beautiful fluffy hair of his will be gone at some time. :tears:

Damn i hate those bowler hats :sneaky2: and yeah even from front row you could notice his hair is a way "lighter" than before! We should maybe start giving him anti hair loss tonics or things like that instead of other presents:naughty: we should open a thresdt to discuss mikas is getting bald lol. he wouldnt look that bad bald tho his eyes and smile are everything :wub2:

I do try to notice eye colour. It can help, along with other things about them. So if, for example, I saw a person who might possibly be Mika, in a pic, or real life, and his eyes were blue, I would know it wasn't Mika, even if everything else about him checked out.

It's hard to explain. It's like when an interviewer asked Mika what it's like to be gay? How could he answer that? He's never been straight so he can't compare it.

That's what it's like for a person whos had Prosopagnosia all their life.

We are brilliant actors, because we have to pretend we know who the person is who's talking to us. That person knows us, but we haven't a clue who it is.

We are brilliant detectives, because we have to listen for clues as to where we know the person from.

We recognise voices better than other people. If a well known actor is narrating a programe on TV, I usually know who it is that's talking, while Alan and Steve do not.

We are very observant. We take mental notes about the whole person. Hairstyle, glasses, eye-colour, big, small, fat, thin. Height is hit-and miss, for example, If I see Mika in a crowd of people, he's like... the tallest tree in the forest, so I'd know it was him. But if Mika was alone, walking down the street, there would be no one to compare him to. Yes, he would be tall, but would he be as tall as Mika is?

So we do have ways of recognising people, but its not foolproof. Someone changes their hairstyle, or buys contacts, we're lost.

I've been known to go up to people in church to welcome them, thinking they're visitors, only to find out is a church member with a new hairdo, or hair colour.

But now that Prosopagnosia is getting better known about, I don't try and cover it up. If I'm not sure, I say I'm face blind, I've found it is much easier and less stressful that way.

:sneaky2: we need to start an anti-hat and pro-hair petition!:aah::naughty:

ok i'd say that's a good reason to watch his gigs only from front row and not from the balcony! :lmfao: let's just hope he'll keep his hair for a while... i know a few guys whose hair is also a bit lighter on the top of their head, but it has been like that for 5 or 10 years without getting worse, so there's still hope.

Damn i hate those bowler hats :sneaky2: and yeah even from front row you could notice his hair is a way "lighter" than before! We should maybe start giving him anti hair loss tonics or things like that instead of other presents:naughty: we should open a thresdt to discuss mikas is getting bald lol. he wouldnt look that bad bald tho his eyes and smile are everything :wub2:

I'm in! :thumb_yello: we really need to do something,we know how much he cares about his fan's feelings :mf_rosetinted:

Now really,it's not about getting bald, (though :tears:) but the fact that he's like a different person to me with that hat,he looks rough and cold (and dull :aah:).

But well,you know what it says: boy,you don't know what you got till it's gone :sneaky2:

Edited by krysady

true... at work i always get mixed up with a colleague, though she has bright blue eyes and i have brown ones. it's a job i only do a few times a months, so it's not like they see us every day... but in any case, they mix us up because figure, hair, and maybe also a bit our faces are similar - but the eye colour is totally different.

me too, but... damn! :aah: it kinda makes me sad that this beautiful beautiful fluffy hair of his will be gone at some time. :tears:

He could have a hair transplant, buy a toupee, or, I heard there's something coming out next year, that can help men to grow their hair back.

He could have a hair transplant, buy a toupee, or, I heard there's something coming out next year, that can help men to grow their hair back.

Have you seen that ad on the tv for that hair growth product, Regenis I think it's called, that Boots sell?

Maybe that's why he was in CVS the other day:naughty:

Have you seen that ad on the tv for that hair growth product, Regenis I think it's called, that Boots sell?

Maybe that's why he was in CVS the other day:naughty:

I have seen that ad, but Alan read somewhere that there's a new product coming, that is supposed to make hair re-grow. If it works I bet the inventor will be using paper money to blow his nose on, he'll be so rich, and all of MFC will be buying bottles of the stuff to give to Mika at the M&Gs

On facebook. Good luck to all who can sing :thumb_yello:

POLKA DOT CHOIR ALERT... Are you going to a show on the European tour? Think you're a good singer? Want to sing with Mika??

We have a very special opportunity for you… As you may know, in the past we have invited certain fans up on to stage to dance with Mika as Big Girls, Lollipop Girls and in various other costumes. In fact, it has become something of a tradition to have fans take part in the show! Mika has loved meeting you all and your involvement in the concerts makes each show unique. So, we tho

ught we’d try it again – but this time, singing! We tried it out in the USA this last week and we have loved every minute of it. And from the lovely emails we have received since, so have you! So we have decided to extend this across the whole European tour!

That's right... We are giving Mika fans in each city on the forthcoming European tour the opportunity to perform live on stage with Mika as part of a Mika Fan choir… The competition is open to anyone, the only 2 conditions are you need to be over 21 and able to sing!

If you would like the chance to be part of this very special experiment please read the below carefully-

Step one:

Post a video asap on Youtube of yourself singing ONE Mika song of your choice.

Step two:

Email the link to one of the 3 below email addresses.

Guys email your link to mikachoir1@gmail.com

Girls Alto (medium vocal range) send your link to mikachoir2@gmail.com

Girls Soprano (High vocal range) send your link to mikachoir3@gmail.com

Be sure to mark the subject

"Mika Choir Amsterdam", "Mika Choir Paris" or "Mika Choir Munich" (the name of whichever city you are applying to sing in). This will guarantee your video gets looked at in time for that show. You may only apply ONCE and for ONE city only (sorry but lots of videos to see and we want to make it fair opportunity for everyone to enter). Unfortunately no questions are able to be answered from these email addresses- they are purely to hear you sing.

Step three:

If you have been chosen, we’ll get in touch with you shortly after the deadline with all the info you’ll need

Please note YOU MUST BE OVER 21 (sorry, this is for legal reasons)

ID will be required to obtain entrance to the venue on the day of the show.

You will be performing alongside Mika so entrance is free- you do not need a ticket!

You will be required to attend a rehearsal on the day of the show at approximately 3pm. Further details on that to follow if you are chosen, but this rehearsal is essential so please make sure you can be there if you enter

*** PLEASE NOTE: applications deadlines for each city are below. Anything sent after that date is too late and will not be watched***

Amsterdam - Wed 24 Oct

Copenhagen - Wed 24 Oct

Lille-Robaix - Wed 24 Oct

Cologne - Thurs 25 Oct

Brussels - Sat 27 Oct

Vienna - Mon 29 Oct

Munich - Tues 20 Oct

Zurich - Thurs 01 Nov

Padova - Fri 02 Nov

Rome - Sat 03 Nov

Paris (both nights) - Mon 5 Nov

Lyon - Thurs 08 Nov

Luxembourg - Fri 09 Nov

Marseille - Sun 11 Nov

Toulouse - Mon 12 Nov

Barcelona - Tues 13 Nov

Lisbon - Thurs 15 Nov

Madrid - Fri 16 Nov

Bordeaux - Sun 18 Nov

Nantes - Mon 19 Nov

Good luck!

Good luck everyone! This, IMO, is way better than the LG/BG routines. I hope we see some more MFCers in the Polka Dot Choir. :thumb_yello:

Totally agree! I *know* there are some great singers here! :wub2: