Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

For the first time I got to know that Mushrooms are put on the Christmas Tree for decoration..... dunno why doing this but very new :aah:

And... dunno why that tree is so skinny like that? He might like all things to be skinny around him....? :naughty:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the first time I got to know that Mushrooms are put on the Christmas Tree for decoration..... dunno why doing this but very new :aah:

And... dunno why that tree is so skinny like that? He might like all things to be skinny around him....? :naughty:

The trees you buy here are always that skinny, at least in sweden :teehee:

Well, I'm not sure what the significance of the mushroom is :dunno: but I have a German friend who always puts a pickle ornament on her tree. Apparently pickle ornaments are special -- usually the last item parents put on the tree on Christmas Eve. They hide the pickle ornament and then Christmas morning the child who finds the pickle ornament gets an extra gift from St. Nicholas. It looks like this:

yhst-46848547753958_2241_19078597

German fans? Ever heard of this?

And just for fun this year, to celebrate our heritage, we've bought two special ornaments:

A pierogie

204076750x.jpg

And some garlic

s28043-garlic28043garlic.jpg

:naughty:

Well, I'm not sure what the significance of the mushroom is :dunno: but I have a German friend who always puts a pickle ornament on her tree. Apparently pickle ornaments are special -- usually the last item parents put on the tree on Christmas Eve. They hide the pickle ornament and then Christmas morning the child who finds the pickle ornament gets an extra gift from St. Nicholas. It looks like this:

And just for fun this year, to celebrate our heritage, we've bought two special ornaments:

A pierogie

204076750x.jpg

And some garlic

Does almost every house put its own christmas tree every year in western countries? I remember putting christmas tree when I was 7years old and around... and not doing that nowadays.... and my friends and my neighbours are not doing that either... :aah: well think in western countries Christmas means far more than I thought...

A pierogie

204076750x.jpg

And some garlic

Never heard or seen about that :blink:, but, well, I am Austrian, not German, so maybe :dunno:

:teehee:

Does almost every house put its own christmas tree every year in western countries? I remember putting christmas tree when I was 7years old and around... and not doing that nowadays.... and my friends and my neighbours are not doing that either... :aah: well think in western countries Christmas means far more than I thought...

Well, at my place having a christmas tree is a tradition...it gets smaller when children grow up, but christmas without a tree? No way...:teehee:

It's a tradition here in the Netherlands to put a Christmas tree in your house every year ... unless your name is DutchAnnie and you don't have time to do that. :aah:

Do you have Christmas traditions in your country, Yuna?

Well I never been to a house that hasn't a christmas tree, and I can't imagine a christmas without a tree. Where are you going to put all the presents for example? :aah: That's one of the three big symbolics for christmas in sweden, the christmas tree, the candlestick and the Yule Goat :teehee:

Well, at my place having a christmas tree is a tradition...it gets smaller when children grow up, but christmas without a tree? No way...:teehee:

oh...definitely more important and essential one for christmas :teehee:

It's a tradition here in the Netherlands to put a Christmas tree in your house every year ... unless your name is DutchAnnie and you don't have time to do that. :aah:

Do you have Christmas traditions in your country, Yuna?

Christmas is a holiday.. we can see Christmas trees in huge malls or hotels ..

but if you're not religious, don't celebrate as tradition... :blink: It's considered as a special day for lovers and couples ... :naughty: Cuz it's romantic.. :teehee::teehee: Donno why but think Christmas is celebrated in a bit twisted way in my country :mf_rosetinted:

Well I never been to a house that hasn't a christmas tree, and I can't imagine a christmas without a tree. Where are you going to put all the presents for example? :aah: That's one of the three big symbolics for christmas in sweden, the christmas tree, the candlestick and the Yule Goat :teehee:

We don't exchange or put presents on Christmas .. Some Ppl used to do this till their kids grown up enough to know Santa is not real :naughty:

Edited by Yuna

From Facebook

It is with great regret that Mika has to cancel his show in Glasgow on Sunday night. Having battled with laryngitis for a few weeks now and after many hours of treatment and consultation, the doctors have warned that Mika has to cut his singing commitments dramatically, or risk permanent damage to his voice. The London, Manchester and Reykjavik shows are still set to go ahead, but sadly he has had to pull out of several promotional engagements, both in the UK and Europe next week, as well as this show in Scotland. Mika is very upset to let down his fans who had bought tickets to this show. Refunds are available (please contact the vendor) and Mika hopes to be back in Scotland next year

:no:

From Facebook

It is with great regret that Mika has to cancel his show in Glasgow on Sunday night. Having battled with laryngitis for a few weeks now and after many hours of treatment and consultation, the doctors have warned that Mika has to cut his singing commitments dramatically, or risk permanent damage to his voice. The London, Manchester and Reykjavik shows are still set to go ahead, but sadly he has had to pull out of several promotional engagements, both in the UK and Europe next week, as well as this show in Scotland. Mika is very upset to let down his fans who had bought tickets to this show. Refunds are available (please contact the vendor) and Mika hopes to be back in Scotland next year

Oh Dear God... I'm totally shocked.... Poor fans, of course, but poorest Mika....

I feel totally killed :tears: and starting to be afraid

because there is a reason to be afraid very much....

God help him

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

Oh Dear God... I'm totally shocked.... Poor fans, of course, but poorest Mika....

I feel totally killed :tears: and starting to be afraid

because there is a reason to be afraid very much....

God help him

I'm really worried too,his voice didn't sound well lately,and I know laryngitis can be a serious problem.He MUST get some rest,even there's a big pressure on his shoulders.

I'm really worried too,his voice didn't sound well lately,and I know laryngitis can be a serious problem.He MUST get some rest,even there's a big pressure on his shoulders.

My friend totally lost her voice because of laryngitis. Now she can only speak very quietly and harshly. All of her adult life.

That's why I'm worried more than anything.... really afraid.

I hope he will have brains to cure his throat properly, without acting a hero :no:

My friend totally lost her voice because of laryngitis. Now she can only speak very quietly and harshly. All of her adult life.

That's why I'm worried more than anything.... really afraid.

I hope he will have brains to cure his throat properly, without acting a hero :no:

I know he's a very talented artist in different ways,but his voice is unique and priceless :aah: Dammit,that "permanent damage" sounds terrible :sad:

Edited by krysady

For the first time I got to know that Mushrooms are put on the Christmas Tree

for decoration..... dunno why doing this but very new :aah:

And... dunno why that tree is so skinny like that?

He might like all things to be skinny around him....? :naughty:

Edible mushrooms (made of meringue) are nearly always

used to decorate this traitional Christmas desert called a

'buche de noel' :

buche-de-noel.jpg

RECIPE:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bche-de-nol-10000000521114/

[MIKA's tree is merely 'long 'n' tall' . . . as MIKA himself is : Fitting !]

Edited by A. Clay

Oh my god, that doesn't sound good at all. But it's good that he went to a doctor so he knows he has to rest. Hopefully he gets well soon and doesn't rush into his next gigs and promo events.. It's more important to keep his voice alive than do these few gigs this year but having problems with his voice later on.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

He really needs to take several weeks only for rest... :(

Hope anyone doesn't rush on him or push him doing his promo or gig schedule...

This is the main reason why I was, originally, not happy about the priviate concert in France. I'd expected him to rest because he has been struggling with his voice. I feared something like this might happen.

He absolutely should not sing with Laryngitis. It could wreck his voice for ever!

At London and Manchester we'll have to sing loud, so he knows he doesn't need to strain his voice.

I'm gutted for the Glasgow gig people. I'm sure he'll re-schedule though.

This is the main reason why I was, originally, not happy about the priviate concert in France. I'd expected him to rest because he has been struggling with his voice. I feared something like this might happen.

He absolutely should not sing with Laryngitis. It could wreck his voice for ever!

At London and Manchester we'll have to sing loud, so he knows he doesn't need to strain his voice.

I'm gutted for the Glasgow gig people. I'm sure he'll re-schedule though.

I'm really worried about him now! I'm worried that at the London and Manchester gigs, the crowds won't be supportive and sing very loudly, and it will be alot of hard work for him :no:.

From Facebook

Just read it on FB and I'm really afraid too...this thing seems serious and I hope he'll listen to doctors and he'll take care of himself! His health is what matters..not gigs or other things..and I'm sure fans will understand!

I'm really worried about him now! I'm worried that at the London and Manchester gigs, the crowds won't be supportive and sing very loudly, and it will be alot of hard work for him :no:.

I wish I could come to help :'(