Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There can't be an internet connection in a place like that?! The view is absolutely breathtaking!

don't be too sure... you have internet on many of the maldives islands, tho there's nothing but sea around! but tourist hotels know that they have to offer it to be "up to date". :dunno: guess they do it by satellite in places like that. :wink2:

I just hope he's having a great time. I don't need to be hearing from him all the time.

Same for me))

May be that was his goal - to see nothing but the exotic country he hasn`t been before....No fans, no showbizzzz, no hiding from anyone on the streets.

Some nice pics for Instagram are now the only contact with his fandom, but I really can do without them too. :wink2:

Jerry Seinfeld and Sarah Silverman and Chris Rock. Humour I can relate to instead of some creepy old man making faces in EMD. :aah:

I was so strangely happy when Mika started talking about Jerry when he was in NYC. Of course I was incredibly jealous too. :sneaky2::naughty:

I wonder if Mika and Adam Lambert have met yet.

I found Adam Lambert mentioned Mika on twitter in 2010 (am quite interested in him these days :naughty:) He said Mika's kind of things CAMP. :mf_rosetinted:

I found Adam Lambert mentioned Mika on twitter in 2010 (am quite interested in him these days :naughty:) He said Mika's kind of things CAMP. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I remember he did a question and answer session with fans and someone asked him about Mika (think it may have been Katydid from MFC actually).

I think Adam Lambert is an expert on camp. :naughty:

National Doodle Day (in aid of Epilepsy Action) will be upon us on Friday February 8th this year! Last year we ran a competition and it was so much fun we thought we'd do it again! But the rules are slightly different this time, so if you'd like to enter then read on carefully…

It's exactly 35 days until the day itself, so we thought it would be fun to run a series of mini competitions, 12 in total from now until then. We want you to send us doodles for different songs from TOOL, based on the lyrics or how the song makes you feel or whatever you want! This is how it will work - we will choose 1 song and give you 2-3 days to send us your doodles for one track. Then we'll post the best ones up in a gallery and you can all go on there and tell us which ones you like and why. Then we'll close that competition and give you a new track to doodle for with a deadline and for a new gallery! We'll do this 12 times and then at the end we'll have a few days for everyone to get those final comments up and then on 8th Feb, for the day itself, we'll choose one winner for each song and they will win a prize….

So, the rules - anybody can enter, from any country and of any age. You can send in only 1 image for each song (12 total) and only between the dates of each song post. Multiple doodles or late entries will not be counted. Only new pictures will be accepted, please do NOT send us pictures already submitted for last year's competition, The Origin of Love fan gallery or anything else, these must be NEW pictures!!

In case you don't know what a doodle is, the dictionary says, "Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes". This means we want you to do quick drawings and anybody can enter, you dont have to be a brilliant artist! Like last year though, if you want to spend longer and send us paintings or artwork, that's ok too.

Here is last year's winner and runners up gallery, to get you inspired. Look out for the first track coming up shortly…. Who's in?

Yes I remember he did a question and answer session with fans and someone asked him about Mika (think it may have been Katydid from MFC actually).

I think Adam Lambert is an expert on camp. :naughty:

It was me! Adam's mentioned Mika twice I think. He referred to him as an example of camp and he answered my question. I asked him what he thought of We are Golden and he called it infectious.

In case you don't know what a doodle is, the dictionary says, "Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes". This means we want you to do quick drawings and anybody can enter, you dont have to be a brilliant artist! Like last year though, if you want to spend longer and send us paintings or artwork, that's ok too.

Here is last year's winner and runners up gallery, to get you inspired. Look out for the first track coming up shortly…. Who's in?

Now I'm confused again, loved last years competition and some of the winners are amazing artist! but it was a doodle competition, so I still don't get why some they won and now I don't get it again. If it's a doodle competition what do they mean with this?

Like last year though, if you want to spend longer and send us paintings or artwork, that's ok too.

Is it a doodle competition or a drawing competition. What is it? I'm confused.

Now I'm confused again, loved last years competition and some of the winners are amazing artist! but it was a doodle competition, so I still don't get why some they won and now I don't get it again. If it's a doodle competition what do they mean with this?

if it's a DOODLE competition, you're supposed to send a DOODLE, but you can send a drawing if you want :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

if it's a DOODLE competition, you're supposed to send a DOODLE, but you can send a drawing if you want :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

So it basically doesn't matter what kind of drawing you send them. It's an art competition.

Ready to get started on your Mika Doodles? The first song we have chosen is…… obviously…… 'Origin Of Love!' We want you to create a simple doodle inspired by the song and send it to us at mikacompetition@gmail.com marked 'Doodle OOL' from now until Monday at 10am GMT. Then on Monday we'll give you a different song! Remember, 1 entry per person per song and only NEW pictures please. You must email you picture to us by Monday 10am GMT, so get cracking! Here are the lyrics to inspire you…

542033_10151241536688040_574936595_n.jpg

I know what you mean. I'm confused, too. What's the point in me -- a non-artist -- sending in a simple doodle, if they're going to have me compete against someone who really draws well and sends in a beautifully finished, fully realized drawing? :blink:

If they want doodles then they should only count doodles among the entries. If someone sends in something more elaborate, they shouldn't be judged with the doodles, or eligible for the competition. IMO. :dunno:

Not that I'm going to enter either way. :mf_rosetinted:

I know what you mean. I'm confused, too. What's the point in me -- a non-artist -- sending in a simple doodle, if they're going to have me compete against someone who really draws well and sends in a beautifully finished, fully realized drawing? :blink:

If they want doodles then they should only count doodles among the entries. If someone sends in something more elaborate, they shouldn't be judged with the doodles, or eligible for the competition. IMO. :dunno:

I think in this competition it's more about the imagination used and the amount of effort put it, rather than the amount of skill that the person might have. Even though it is hard to judge, they probably do it that way.

Exactly, and last year they were very clear with the fact that it was a doodle competition, still it wasn't just doodles that won :dunno:

Guess I'll just have to draw my doodle and hope for the best, because drawing amazing drawings that's something I can't do. :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly, and last year they were very clear with the fact that it was a doodle competition, still it wasn't just doodles that won :dunno:

Wasn't there only one real winner? And it was a doodle?

Honestly their rules are so complicated and most people are not English natives so I don't expect them to follow the instructions very closely. They are going to get elaborate drawings whether they permit them or not so I guess they are just giving up and telling people to send whatever they want.

I think it attracts more interest from people on FB if there are really amazing pieces in the gallery as well. But I hope they do a choose a proper doodle as the final winner.

Wasn't there only one real winner? And it was a doodle?

Honestly their rules are so complicated and most people are not English natives so I don't expect them to follow the instructions very closely. They are going to get elaborate drawings whether they permit them or not so I guess they are just giving up and telling people to send whatever they want.

I think it attracts more interest from people on FB if there are really amazing pieces in the gallery as well. But I hope they do a choose a proper doodle as the final winner.

I can't argument with what you're saying because you're right. And too be honest I don't remember the winner, I just thought about the runner ups, but I'm sure it's true as you say.

So it basically doesn't matter what kind of drawing you send them. It's an art competition.

This the problem, it's NOT an art competition, because a doodle is just a quick sketch that people do when they are bored or chatting on the phone. They do it with a pen or pencil on a scrap of paper!

This is what kind of annoyed me with this last year, that some people were doing proper doodles, but others were doing quite elaborate pictures, which seemed to get more attention.

I hope this year that proper doodles get through.

Edited by RAK1

This the problem, it's NOT an art competition, because a doodle is just a quick sketch that people do when they are bored or chatting on the phone. They do it with a pen or pencil on a scrap of paper!

This is what kind of annoyed me with this last year, that some people were doing proper doodles, but others were doing quite elaborate pictures, which seemed to get more attention.

I hope this year that proper doodles get through.

It annoyed me too, but if it's not an art competition why did they then write that you can send any kind of drawings?

It annoyed me too, but if it's not an art competition why did they then write that you can send any kind of drawings?

They should be more specific about it. If it's a doodle comp they should give the definition of what a doodle is to those who don't know.

If not, they shouldn't call it a doodle comp.

They should be more specific about it. If it's a doodle comp they should give the definition of what a doodle is to those who don't know.

they've already given a definition of a doodle, but let any kind of drawing be sent anyway...

I know, but this is what they wrote:

which makes it even more confusing. :blink:

I know, but this is what they wrote:

which makes it even more confusing. :blink:

Ahh, for some reason my FB timeline didn't get the first post about the comp. But I see where the confusion comes in from it. I just hope people are sensible and stick to the definition given, though I'm not holding my breath.