The Official " The Origin of Love " Charts & Sales around the World Thread

suzie

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thank you :doh:. Do you have an idea about the real sales? Do they publish any numbers?

no... :aah:

We used to have some kind of official chart and ranks but... because of that too much insane overcompetition & expedient happend to reach certain number.. we don't count that any more...

...I need to restrain myself from starting to talk about the choice of the lead single again...

I really, truthfully agree with you for once. Celebrate out of a whole album of brilliant, unique songs? It's silly! But at least one of my friends heard mika on radio 2 last night. He's more famous than people often think in the uk.

Chart overall

Stays No.7, just behind Muse No.6

All No1-5 are Kpop albums..

Thank you meeks you beat G-Dragon's new album who is No.8 and PSY No.9

Chart Pop

stays No.1

and Heard that French edition is gonna be released soon...

sorry for my bank account again lol

chart1012.jpg

OOL rules!

It's #61 on the official Irish charts.

tumblr_m6i75cIQzp1qahojg.gif

This is the first weekend its out. It's when people may download, or buy, because they've been working all week.

I really hope and pray the album does well. He's been working so hard to promote it, it would be terrible if it didn't do well!

I've seen it in HMVs in Manchester. Only the standard edition, but prominantly displayed. I also asked one of the guys working there, if they would play the album in the store. He said they would.

This is the first weekend its out. It's when people may download, or buy, because they've been working all week.

I really hope and pray the album does well. He's been working so hard to promote it, it would be terrible if it didn't do well!

I've seen it in HMVs in Manchester. Only the standard edition, but prominantly displayed. I also asked one of the guys working there, if they would play the album in the store. He said they would.

I looked on iTunes this morning, it was #67. :shocked:

I'm shocked. I thought it would do better than this. Let's hope it gets a late boost this weekend, as you say.

I looked on iTunes this morning, it was #67. :shocked:

I'm shocked. I thought it would do better than this. Let's hope it gets a late boost this weekend, as you say.

He does deserve better. But the problem is he's just not been on peoples' minds in the UK. It came out on Monday and fans who pre-ordered would have got it. Mine came Tuesday. This week its been AOTW on R2, so people have heard some of the tracks. He's also been in the papers and various interviews on radio. So hopefully people are reminded of him now.

But I think it all started too late for the album to get high this week. Celebrate was only out a few days before and got hardly any radio-play. Only R2, and this week, Real Radio, made any effort with it and with promoting Mika, and even another song might not have made a difference.

They should have released Celebrate earlier, but it would have helped if R1 had got behind it, like they did with WAG. That, at least got to #4 and so did the album.

I suppose we just need to keep our nerve and not give up hope. Look at the long-haul, rather than the quick success. If the USA tour does well for him, in terms of exposure, maybe the album will chart over there. If it does, UK will wake up. They always do if a star makes it big in The States.

This idea of his for the fan choirs, is a genious idea, as much as its a wonderful gesture to his fans. There's bound to be press coverage about it, like there was with the Alex thing this week. As long as it works in Mika's favour and gets his album sold, that's fantastic.

We'll have to see what next week will bring.

The HMV in my town has both the standard and deluxe version but there isn't a big display for it or anything. All I know is that he's getting played quite a bit on the radio as Celebrate was on today and I only love you when I'm drunk was on yesterday.:wink2:

Well sad to say a great album was never going to be enough. You can't just bugger off to France for 2 or 3 years expecting everyone to be waiting when you get back. He's either got a ton more work to do or he needs an incredibly lucky break.

Well sad to say a great album was never going to be enough. You can't just bugger off to France for 2 or 3 years expecting everyone to be waiting when you get back. He's either got a ton more work to do or he needs an incredibly lucky break.

He has to do way more promo to "get hit ass to number 1".

You are right about that. I also felt it was a big mistake to concentrate so much on France.

But I was listening to that song that is so popular in the UK now, Gangham Style (prob wrong spelling. Can't spell for toffee) but the first thing that hit me was that, it's a foreign track and it's doing great! Why didn't Mika's label release EMD here?

I think Mika's label should have taken a chance with EMD in the UK. It was catchy enough to have done well here.

Failing that, they should have released another song from the album. There was too much of a gap, and now Mika is paying for it.

On the other hand, I don't see why Mika is penalised in the UK, for going away to write his album. People like Tuneless Cheryl Cole stay current because someone else is providing them with songs. The media don't seem to realise that a genuine songwriter has to have gaps to write new material, and they should make allowances for this, instead of just moving on to the next big thing and ignoring talented people who were there first.

Number 11 on the list of best-selling albums in Spain, on the week of its release:

http://www.promusicae.org/files/listassemanales/albumes/top%20100%20albumes%20(publicar)_w40.2012.pdf

"Celebrate" at number 33 on the singles' list:

http://www.promusicae.org/files/listastonos/top%2050%20canciones%20(publicar)_w40.2012.pdf

I can't imagine how TOOL will go???!!! TOOL even can't enter the top 100 album in UK chart in the first week,Celebrate also can't enter the single chart.:blink: And I hardly see the promote of TOOL in the rest of world,just see MUse,Adele,Taylor Swift,P!nk these names on the chart in many countries.:aah:

I can't imagine how TOOL will go???!!! TOOL even can't enter the top 100 album in UK chart in the first week,Celebrate also can't enter the single chart.:blink: And I hardly see the promote of TOOL in the rest of world,just see MUse,Adele,Taylor Swift,P!nk these names on the chart in many countries.:aah:

There hasn't even been an advert, in the UK, for TOOL as far as I have seen. The only promo for it, has been from Mika himself. Going around to different radio stations to do interviews, and then doing gigs and live performances. I can't understand why the label didn't do an advertising campaign for it. Mika can't do it all himself. He's only one man and can't be everywhere at once.

But this is what disappoints me so much. He's been practically killing himself recently, to promote this album, while whatever passes for his PR firm are sitting on those things that Mika needs to kick, with more than just that theme song of his!

You are right about that. I also felt it was a big mistake to concentrate so much on France.

But I was listening to that song that is so popular in the UK now, Gangham Style (prob wrong spelling. Can't spell for toffee) but the first thing that hit me was that, it's a foreign track and it's doing great! Why didn't Mika's label release EMD here?

I think Mika's label should have taken a chance with EMD in the UK. It was catchy enough to have done well here.

Failing that, they should have released another song from the album. There was too much of a gap, and now Mika is paying for it.

On the other hand, I don't see why Mika is penalised in the UK, for going away to write his album. People like Tuneless Cheryl Cole stay current because someone else is providing them with songs. The media don't seem to realise that a genuine songwriter has to have gaps to write new material, and they should make allowances for this, instead of just moving on to the next big thing and ignoring talented people who were there first.

I have said this many times about EMD not being released here, after so many foreign language songs have successfully got to to #1.

I could never understand why it wasn't released here at all.:blink:

And I totally agree with you about what you say about Cheryl Cole and her ilk.

This country has got into such an X Factor culture (and let's not kid ourselves about this, pop music here started getting bland when it started taking over) that real, incredibly good, inventive pop music has gone by the wayside. With the exception of a couple of artists, the UK just wants it's X Factor fix, and it's ruining good music. I hope the bubble will burst sooner rather than later, and we can get really great pop artists that write and record their own music again.

There hasn't even been an advert, in the UK, for TOOL as far as I have seen. The only promo for it, has been from Mika himself. Going around to different radio stations to do interviews, and then doing gigs and live performances. I can't understand why the label didn't do an advertising campaign for it. Mika can't do it all himself. He's only one man and can't be everywhere at once.

But this is what disappoints me so much. He's been practically killing himself recently, to promote this album, while whatever passes for his PR firm are sitting on those things that Mika needs to kick, with more than just that theme song of his!

Hotdlp saw an ad the other night for the album, on ITV 2:thumb_yello:

I have said this many times about EMD not being released here, after so many foreign language songs have successfully got to to #1.

I could never understand why it wasn't released here at all.:blink:

And I totally agree with you about what you say about Cheryl Cole and her ilk.

This country has got into such an X Factor culture (and let's not kid ourselves about this, pop music here started getting bland when it started taking over) that real, incredibly good, inventive pop music has gone by the wayside. With the exception of a couple of artists, the UK just wants it's X Factor fix, and it's ruining good music. I hope the bubble will burst sooner rather than later, and we can get really great pop artists that write and record their own music again.

@RAKI Thank God for that at least.

Well, the BBC shows, Merlin and Casualty are clashing with the piece-of-tripe X factor. I'll be watching Merlin. Merlin rules and is certainly better than X factor.

I hope Gary&Co get trounced in the ratings. After last weeks debarcle, which I didn't see, but heard about later, where some producer wanted Louis to get rid of the good singer so this blubbering idiot called Rylan could be saved, I don't think the show has credibility at all. If the bubble is going to burst, I want the job of sticking the pin in it!

Tool just on No.84 in Itunes UK album chart.:tears:

Well lets just look on the slightly brighter side for a moment. The iTunes chart is not the only chart, by far. Ppl bought the album from Mikasounds. I bought mine from Amazon. It's in HMVs and other stores. So iTunes is only one list. It's when they put the lists together that we get the big picture.

That being said, it's still disappointing. I hope his appearance on the Sunday Morning show might just get a few more people downloading, or going out to buy the album.