The Official " The Origin of Love " Charts & Sales around the World Thread

suzie

Well lets just look on the slightly brighter side for a moment. The iTunes chart is not the only chart, by far. Ppl bought the album from Mikasounds. I bought mine from Amazon. It's in HMVs and other stores. So iTunes is only one list. It's when they put the lists together that we get the big picture.

That being said, it's still disappointing. I hope his appearance on the Sunday Morning show might just get a few more people downloading, or going out to buy the album.

Ok,we'll see.But it's happy that TOOL is sold well in HongKong and Korea,I bought it in HMV too.:teehee:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,we'll see.But it's happy that TOOL is sold well in HongKong and Korea,I bought it in HMV too.:teehee:

Yeah but not encouraging news for me any more... he needs more support in bigger market like US and UK... more promo..more support...

Hope the small US tour from tomorrow hits there :thumb_yello:

Yeah but not encouraging news for me any more... he needs more support in bigger market like US and UK... more promo..more support...

Hope the small US tour from tomorrow hits there :thumb_yello:

I hope so.Will MIKA on some TV show in his US tour????

He's on 24 in the UK top 40 albums chart http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

Oh thank God! I thought he'd be about 64. It could be better, we know that, but of course, as I said a while back (as much to reassure myself as anyone else) there hasn't been a lot of publicity about the album, apart from this week.

I hope with all my heart that his album, now starts selling more. I'm not so bothered about the single.

But if he now gets Stardust out there. Who knows? It might be the boost he needs.

Someone on here once told me. It's not getting a #1 album that counts, it's how well it sells. an artist could be #1 for one week, and drop to 50, next, and 100 next. So it's consistancy that counts.

I always try to remember that.

He's on 24 in the UK top 40 albums chart http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

I think this is very good news! He hasn't done that much promo and maybe not on the main stations/channels as Marilyn often points out, but he did sell quite a lot in the first week to be able to get there in the charts. We can only hope that sales will increase even more with time and exposure :thumb_yello:

Well, some people will wait until a few song has been released as single before buying the CD... At least, that's what I usually for artist I've just discovered.

Unless I have been to the gig and had a blast there, I wouldn't buy the CD right away ^^'

So... I hope he will release a 2nd single asap in the UK :)

I was worried he'd missed altogether. Hopefully he'll climb up in the next couple of weeks. There have been times when albums come in low but subsequently get in the top 10.:crossed:

I was so relieved last evening when I found out he was 24 in the chart. I was dreading finding he was at 60something, or worse, because I kept reading people saying that TOOL wasn't charting etc.

So when I found out it was 24, I thought, well that's a good platform to spring from, and without Radio One on his side, quite frankly, it's a miracle and shows, (1) How hard he has worked in this promotion campaign (2) That he is still known and appreciated by people in the UK. (3) Whatever he's doing, it seems to be working.

Lets hope the album goes up next week.

I agee about the new single. He needs to get it out there. Stardust is a great song!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

How are the charts calculated in the UK? It's a little bit strange, TOOL was released an Monday, but the charts are from Sunday - so a whole week wasn't over yet.

I'm not sure whether you could download from iTunes on Sunday.

But its always like that, so Mika wasn't at a disadvantage or anything.

Nothing new, but I was so happy to make THIS screenshot finally, yesterday he was back at 2 when I looked.

:woot_jump:

No1USACharts.jpg

And it's really great that he's back at number 1 on the second day, I would have expected that he starts to drop down by now and instead he is on top again!

I just noticed that Celebrate has been 6 weeks on Billboards Club Music Hot Dance songs charts (2 weeks on top 25): http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/charts/dance-club-play-songs?begin=21&order=position :thumb_yello:

I remember that WAG did quite well on these charts also.

Edited by Menthe
mistakes...

Tons of fans already agreed TOOL is far better choice for lead single...

and the charts prove that theory these days...

I can't understand it really. Why wasn't it the lead single? Its the title track. Its way better than Celebrate. The only way I like hearing Celebrate is, when its acoustic and Pharell has been dumped in favour of China Boy.

I'm thrilled about The Origin Of Love (the song) doing well!

I can't understand it really. Why wasn't it the lead single? Its the title track. Its way better than Celebrate. The only way I like hearing Celebrate is, when its acoustic and Pharell has been dumped in favour of China Boy.

I'm thrilled about The Origin Of Love (the song) doing well!

Hypothesis 1 : Pharrell Williams threatened someone to release this one as 1st single :mf_rosetinted:

Hypothesis 2 : Origin of Love was not ready enough when he had to release the 1st single.

Hypothesis 3 : Mika seriously thought Celebrate is the best representative song in TOOL :mf_rosetinted:

else? :naughty:

At least there is one country where TOOL is a real success ! It is number 2 and 7 on top 10 in Korea. Even TBWKTM and LICM are on the top 25:http://www.yes24.com/24/category/bestseller?CategoryNumber=003001002&sumgb=02&PageNumber=1 :shocked:

Edited by Menthe
encore some spelling mistakes

At least there is one country where TOOL is a real success ! It is number 2 and 7 on top 10 in Korea. Even TBWKTM and LICM are on the top 25:http://www.yes24.com/24/category/bestseller?CategoryNumber=003001002&sumgb=02&PageNumber=1 :shocked:

So TOOL French ver will be released next week.... already No.7 there...

Hypothesis 1 : Pharrell Williams threatened someone to release this one as 1st single :mf_rosetinted:

Hypothesis 2 : Origin of Love was not ready enough when he had to release the 1st single.

Hypothesis 3 : Mika seriously thought Celebrate is the best representative song in TOOL :mf_rosetinted:

else? :naughty:

#1 :aah:

in a 2009 Mika interview he said smth to the effect that the record label gives him such freedom to create the songs and in exchange when he hands the finished songs to them they get pick the singles...if i remember right