The Official " The Origin of Love " Charts & Sales around the World Thread

suzie

Today I went to my local Walt Mart and in the CD section, TOOL deluxe was in the best seller section. I was sooo proud. :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

Did the same... Went at Archambault at lunch breack and couldn't help looking for Origin of love. For sure, it was there, in the top selling albums :wub2:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb_yello:

Did the same... Went at Archambault at lunch breack and couldn't help looking for Origin of love. For sure, it was there, in the top selling albums :wub2:

Gled to hear that from you and @Alie. I'm hoping the foreign sales are making up, in part, for the awful sales figures in the UK.

Went into town on Wednesday, and it wasn't near the best selling section at all, I had to trail to the back of the shop wear you could find it under his name. There was the standard and deluxe versions, but quite a few copies were there, so I'm guessing not many people have bought it from that shop :no:

Mika's songs are played 37 times on Big 3 Main radio station Korea on October. It's a new record since debut.. we fanclub get this chart every month from unknown radio station ppl (maybe he/she's a Mika fan:aah:) Happy to see that he got a new record!

Only counted when played 3 main stations(SBS,KBS,MBC), not local or minor stations.

mikaradio.jpg

Celebrate, OOL, Lola, underwater is played among 3rd, and other different previous album songs too..

while writing this I listened 4 Mika songs in a row in one TV audition program.. they play at least 1 Mika songs on every episode.. The producer might be a MFCer I guess :lmfao:

Edited by Yuna

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting -- I like Karen well enough, never thought it would get radio play, though.

I noticed the other day that the album is still on the Pop US iTunes chart -- down around #168 but it's still there, which I was happily surprised about. :thumb_yello:

we cannot find the album in any itunes chart in Italy :eek:

It's 201 on pop canadian itunes... Was still in the top 20 a few weeks back at archambault, Quebec's biggest music store...

But I was surprised to see Karen on radio, and even more that ir's getting so high... Not going to complain: any exposure is good!

It's 201 on pop canadian itunes... Was still in the top 20 a few weeks back at archambault, Quebec's biggest music store...

But I was surprised to see Karen on radio, and even more that ir's getting so high... Not going to complain: any exposure is good!

I love Karen! As a song its better than EMD and I'd love to hear an English version. I'm so happy its doing so well in Quebec.

I love Karen! As a song its better than EMD and I'd love to hear an English version. I'm so happy its doing so well in Quebec.

Well, it's mostly this one station but it'sbetter than nothing! And they just post the Underwater video on their website!

He has rehearsed an English version in Brussels but he hasn't sung it anywhere so far, I think. I wonder why... :dunno:

I bought TOOL as the deluxe download; I've no idea whether it counted towards sales; I don't see why it shouldn't. Anyway I realised I wanted the lyrics so I treated myself to an unnecessary real CD and was disappointed that there are only words to a some of the songs in the booklet.

And :offtopic: I was thinking about the tour - no support band, no confetti, smaller venues. Is it because people aren't going to gigs in the recession or that they aren't going to Mika gigs? My son says that he wouldn't have known there was a new album if I hadn't played it in the car, and 3 UK dates isn't really a tour. . .

So, maybe he isn't so popular here in the UK. We love him because we're used to him, but I guess he's not like the run-of-the-mill pop stars. He doesn't seem to be getting new fans.

I bought TOOL as the deluxe download; I've no idea whether it counted towards sales; I don't see why it shouldn't. Anyway I realised I wanted the lyrics so I treated myself to an unnecessary real CD and was disappointed that there are only words to a some of the songs in the booklet.

You should have received an electronic booklet with all the artwork with the download anyway. :huh:

I'm sure it counted towards sales.

Oh please no English version of Karen. :aah:

Why not? Its a great song. It has more layers to it than EMD, which is basically just a dance track. I love EMD as Emily on the Album. Its a lot of fun. But Karen is really soulful and, even in French, it comes accross as a story-song. I'd love to hear it in English.

Interestingly, The Origin of Love seems to have moved up a few spots on the US iTunes Pop Albums chart -- it's now #153. I wonder what caused it to go up? Wish I knew because I would try to keep it happening! :wink2:

'Record of this year' - TOOL is now on 4th in pop chart.... just after Jason mraz, Maroon5, Adele latest album... there's 5 charts - Kpop,Pop,Classics,OST,DVD .. we can vote once per one ID

Hope to beat Jason Mraz at least :thumb_yello:

Nominees http://www.yes24.com/campaign/03_music/2012/1123Recordcvote1.aspx?CategoryNumber=003&IsReturn=true

current chart http://www.yes24.com/campaign/03_music/2012/1123Recordcvote3.aspx?CategoryNumber=003&IsReturn=true

Edited by Yuna

Interestingly, The Origin of Love seems to have moved up a few spots on the US iTunes Pop Albums chart -- it's now #153. I wonder what caused it to go up? Wish I knew because I would try to keep it happening! :wink2:

Still on the chart, but just barely -- it's #200 today. :sad: