The Official " The Origin of Love " Charts & Sales around the World Thread

suzie

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it's Muse all over, and they are nr #1 and nr #2 with both standard and deluxe. Just saying.

I think that's why they didn't release it this week in the UK, because the Muse album was.

These are really good news for Spain! Unfortunately in France TOOL went to number 3 the second week after release and next week it's Muse's turn to be number 1. http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/albums.php

I just hope TOOL will stay in the top 10 and if french radios played Underwater, it would help TOOL's sales a lot.

Wait and see where it will be in one or two weeks or even in two or three days :mf_rosetinted: Hope it's number one for long time :pray:

Wait and see where it will be in one or two weeks or even in two or three days :mf_rosetinted: Hope it's number one for long time :pray:

Someone on here said to me once, it's not so much about a #1 album, it's the sales that count. I'm glad Mika's album isn't up against Muse this week, but I hope it does well in the UK next week. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does, but also dreading it, in case it doesn't do as well as it should. This is why I would have prefered a different lead single.

Someone on here said to me once, it's not so much about a #1 album, it's the sales that count. I'm glad Mika's album isn't up against Muse this week, but I hope it does well in the UK next week. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does, but also dreading it, in case it doesn't do as well as it should. This is why I would have prefered a different lead single.

How is Celebrate going?

edit: not even in the top100 Itunes uk!!! is this true?

Edited by robertina

How is Celebrate going?

Yes it is. But I begged people to tweet Radio One and very few did. I asked on twitter for RTs of my tweets to @BBCR1, but no one RTd them. This is the station he needs to be on, to do well in the UK. These bits of radio stations he's been interviewed on, don't have enough listeners. Radio 2 is aimed at older fans who don't usually download singles. Radio One is the cool station, where they play the artists who are big in the UK, like One Direction, Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, and so on. They used to play Mika and he used to have hits. They don't play him anymore, and his singles fail. It's not rocket science.

I keep tweeting R1, but it can't just be me @Good&Golden who does it. They'll just say, oh, it's that neurotic Mika fan again. But if the whold fanclub tweeted, they'd have to take notice. Celebrate is not going to chart high, without Radio One playing it on their station. Therefore, the fans need to get behind it and get tweeting @BBCR1 to ask for the song to be played.

Yes it is. But I begged people to tweet Radio One and very few did. I asked on twitter for RTs of my tweets to @BBCR1, but no one RTd them. This is the station he needs to be on, to do well in the UK. These bits of radio stations he's been interviewed on, don't have enough listeners. Radio 2 is aimed at older fans who don't usually download singles. Radio One is the cool station, where they play the artists who are big in the UK, like One Direction, Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, and so on. They used to play Mika and he used to have hits. They don't play him anymore, and his singles fail. It's not rocket science.

I keep tweeting R1, but it can't just be me @Good&Golden who does it. They'll just say, oh, it's that neurotic Mika fan again. But if the whold fanclub tweeted, they'd have to take notice. Celebrate is not going to chart high, without Radio One playing it on their station. Therefore, the fans need to get behind it and get tweeting @BBCR1 to ask for the song to be played.

I kind of assumed it would be useless if non-UK fans tweet them about that though... am I wrong about that?

I kind of assumed it would be useless if non-UK fans tweet them about that though... am I wrong about that?

Would they be able to tell it wasn't a UK fan?

Can't foreign fans access Radio One?

At any rate, couldn't non UK fans RT UK fan's tweets?

I did post a while ago about this on the UK promotion of Mika thread I set up ages ago, but maybe we don't have a lot of UK fans. This is sad if true, but just goes to show that Mika isn't in peoples' minds in the UK anymore.

Would they be able to tell it wasn't a UK fan?

Can't foreign fans access Radio One?

At any rate, couldn't non UK fans RT UK fan's tweets?

I did post a while ago about this on the UK promotion of Mika thread I set up ages ago, but maybe we don't have a lot of UK fans. This is sad if true, but just goes to show that Mika isn't in peoples' minds in the UK anymore.

The Dutch tweets on my twitter might give them a clue :fisch:

But I guess they'd have to read quite a bit for that, since most of my tweets are in English anyway.

So.. if you tweet during the R2 gig tonight that it's so great and R1 should play Mika as well, I'll retweet :thumb_yello:

The Dutch tweets on my twitter might give them a clue :fisch:

But I guess they'd have to read quite a bit for that, since most of my tweets are in English anyway.

So.. if you tweet during the R2 gig tonight that it's so great and R1 should play Mika as well, I'll retweet :thumb_yello:

Let's all do that ;)

Anyway, we could be potential listeners as well, even if we live "abroad" :wink2:

Aaah I can't wait to listen to the "NEW MATERIAL" :aah:

How is Celebrate going?

why am I not surprised...maybe with the next single.

So, what's the twitter strategy for tonight and Monday?

Thank you to all who helped tonight. The radio2 concert trended somewhere apparently. I didn't see it, but someone said it did!

yes i saw it, #MikaRadio2 trended in the UK and in france. :wink2:

yes i saw it, #MikaRadio2 trended in the UK and in france. :wink2:

I feel guilty because I wasn't on twitter last night when it was all kicking off. I'd invited some friends to come and listen to the gig, so we had a Mika party. They went away hugely impressed. They hadn't realised that Relax was a Mika song, and recognised HE from the times it's been used in the backing track for X Factor etc, but they had not known it was Mika's song! Now they know.

So I feel I did some good, but a bit closer to home.

Lets hope the TV appearances this weekend make a difference to the album sales, even if the single doesn't chart.

# Album Chart

Chart Overall, TOOL is on 7th, Muse is on 6th. Muse is doing great here too.

Anyways,

Weekly Pop Album Chart this week. Think this is crazy. :boing:

http://www.yes24.com/24/category/bestseller?CategoryNumber=003001002&sumgb=02

1. TOOL Deluxe ver

8. TOOL Standard ver

12. LICM

16. TBWKTM Magazine Edition

# Single Chart

Unlike Album chart, all single songs are not doing good on charts.. not a single song is doing as well as Elle Me Dit did last year, which went up to highest NO.1 and stayed around there for weeks.

quickly slips day by day.

Some artists are doing good on album more, and others doing good on single... but in Mika's case, the gap is insanely huge... It was like that when TBWKTM released. Album went up to No 1 but no single songs were prominent there.... I wished this time TOOL would overcome this but....

Edited by Yuna

# Album Chart

Chart Overall, TOOL is on 7th, Muse is on 6th. Muse is doing great here too.

Anyways,

Weekly Pop Album Chart this week. Think this is crazy. :boing:

http://www.yes24.com/24/category/bestseller?CategoryNumber=003001002&sumgb=02

1. TOOL Deluxe ver

8. TOOL Standard ver

12. LICM

16. TBWKTM Magazine Edition

# Single Chart

Unlike Album chart, all single songs are not doing good on charts.. not a single song is doing as well as Elle Me Dit did last year, which went up to highest NO.1 and stayed around there for weeks.

quickly slips day by day.

Some artists are doing good on album more, and others doing good on single... but in Mika's case, the gap is insanely huge... It was like that when TBWKTM released. Album went up to No 1 but no single songs were prominent there.... I wished this time TOOL would overcome this but....

It was like that also in France for LICM and TBWKTM, people prefered buying the album instead of singles and for Muse it's the same way.

Are those red numbers for the sales? If they are, that would mean that TOOL sold 30 500 copies in one week (sales are about 36 000 for two weeks in France).

It was like that also in France for LICM and TBWKTM, people prefered buying the album instead of singles and for Muse it's the same way.

Are those red numbers for the sales? If they are, that would mean that TOOL sold 30 500 copies in one week (sales are about 36 000 for two weeks in France).

No it's the price of the album :aah:

it's one of the biggest online shop in Korea.. not official chart or something..

we don't have any official chart like itunes, just single shop ranks and rates the album sale.

No it's the price of the album :aah:

it's one of the biggest online shop in Korea.. not official chart or something..

we don't have any official chart like itunes, just single shop ranks and rates the album sale.

Ok, thank you :doh:. Do you have an idea about the real sales? Do they publish any numbers?