MIKA @ FNAC events + XFactor - Milan - November 29th 2012

robertina

I actually thought until about a minute ago that it would be nice to see Mika as a judge and I thought that it would be great if anyone could set up a live stream so we could watch it etc. Until I realized (yes, this took me days and you can laugh) that the show will be in Italian. And I don't speak Italian. :doh:

moreover it'll be on Sky tv, not free for everyone.

You've got to medicate yourself...aaahaa.:mf_rosetinted:

It just feels like he is giving up on his own career. I don't want him to give up. I want him to get off of his *ss and make music and spread the magic that captivated the world in the first place.

I kind of agree with both points of view here. I too want him to have hit records and sell out tours again, but is that really going to happen? There are places where he's a success, but many where he isn't anymore, which is so sad. I was so upset this morning when I read that Jools Holland has a French group performing tonight. If they could have a French group, why not Mika!

But he doesn't get invited to any good shows anymore, and you could bet your life he won't be on X Factor UK anytime soon.

He can't be a popstar without radio-play and TV appearances. But they are not so readily available and new singers are coming up all the time (not as good as Mika or as entertaining, but that's not the point) most fans are fickle, and go after the next big thing, as they once went after Mika when he first appeared.

My point is, I'd prefer him to be on a show in the UK, but it's still X Factor, so maybe it would help his profile. If he's a success, maybe UK would invite him to be a guest judge here.

It's not ideal, but as things stand, it's not doing him any harm. I think, from my point of view, I've never just seen him as a popstar. He's great at speaking as well and I've always imagined him doing some presenting, and talking about music on television. He looks so great on TV!

Maybe this is something he needs to do. Maybe in some way it will help him. I hope so, so I'm being optimistic about it.

I understand your feeling, but in Italy he needs to be popular, he needs new people on the front row, we don't manage to reach 2.000 Fans in the italian Facebook page, in Rome he came in a not so big venue, while people coming from X Factor or Sanremo are selling crap music. So I'm happy if they can taste the difference. Ok, he will not perform, but he will be smart, and competent, other judges in Italy have gained a lot with XF. The "clown" mentioned by Deb is a great musician, but an outsider in the Italian panorama, well now their shows are sold out, I want this for Mika, I don't Wanna be one of the happy few.

I'm sorry but it's not JUST Italy he needs to have more popularity in.

He promised S. America a tour this year, what happened to that?

He hasn't done a proper tour of Australia ever, what about therer?

Africa, India, China, all places that he has never gone to tour, all have fans, why should they get left out?

And all the other countries that have supported him since day one could equally say why doesn't he do the show in their country, (I wouldn't because I think it's the biggest con out there, created by Cowell to inflict his own brand of bland uninteresting pop music on the world, something I thought Mika was against).

And if the report was true that he refused to do the show here in the UK, my admiration would have gone through the roof, if he hadn't gone and accepted somewhere else.

Edited by RAK1

The more I read your comments the more I understand that the perception about the show is REALLY different from country to country. So please dont be sure when you say...only lame and unsuccessful judges are in the show...please dont be silly when you comprare Mika to David Hasselhoff. When you show a pic with Mika and one of the old judges Elio and you called him "clown" you have a prespective that is twisted cause in Italy he's a great musician, he arrived 2nd at Sanremo this year, he chose to play with costumes in his entire career but didnt damage him whether you like his music or not. About italian singers outside Italy that you dont know...well...check a bit more cause are more than one. PLUS I dont think that UK or USA create only good artists and many of them are crap young artists that make "easy" music like bieber, lovato, jonas brothers, one direction...etc...the dame happens here of course.

About xfactor Italy there are talented people working there, not losers, for example Luca Tomassini. Do you know him at all? He worked with many great artists and he's a choreographer and sure he has a career OUTSIDE xfactor that shines bright.

So....I repeat myself and I'm sorry but LET MIKA TRY! He's not stupid, he can make mistakes or good choices like everyone else but he deserves some trust from his fans! Everyone can write a personal opinion but cant become the only true thought and the only opinion on Mika's entire career...he's not fair.

When you say that Mika was not interested in things like fashion, advertise, talent at the beginning and you're disappointed I cant understand that completely cause his career is evolving and his music too and also Mika himself and if he does other things during his life is more than normal! There're just phases.

I dont remember people complaining when Mika had Louboutin shoes adv or now when he wears those fashion and incredible expensive shoes during shows. Mika with Louboutin is NOT the same "easy" Mika he appeared in 2007 with white converse but HIS MUSIC is great now like it was before.

And we cant think that he'll do music forever or only music the whole life. Comics, books, musical, tv show, advertise, private gigs...everything that is interesting for him is good for his persona.

So please I think is fair to WAIT and see. We dont have a crystal ball...we're not part of the show..we dont know if he has to train singers everyday or just give them songs and let other people to train them and stay here 2 days a week, we dont know if he has time to write songs in the mid time..we dont know anything specific so let him breath!

Please note that I'm NOT a xfactor fan at all and I dont plan to follow him and meet him in milan everyday (I live in Rome!) but I WANT to give Mika a chance to prove his skills also as a judge. He needs to increase his popularity here and this is A way to do it. I bet he's planning strategies to do that in other countries too. Each country has its own way.

IMO

Sorry for the typos, I'm with my mobile.

That being said, i don't like Xfactor at all. :no:

And the judges from our La Voix toured in other countries or just Quebec?

I know Marc finished his album while judging, he was saying he was doing it in the middle of the night & missed seeing his kids... so it wasn't without sacrifice i guess :naughty:

Anyways, i don't really see this as a great career move, but we'll see... que sera sera.

Even if it was just Quebec, you know as well as I do Baie-Coneau or Sept-Iles is a long way from Montreal...

And yes, they had to work hard and made sacrifices but it's doable!

I don't know which is sadder. That Mika has this extraordinary gift that he rarely shares because he is too busy with moneymaking ventures. Or that so many of his fans still around in 2013 don't seem to know or care about the difference.

The more I read your comments the more I understand that the perception about the show is REALLY different from country to country. So please dont be sure when you say...only lame and unsuccessful judges are in the show...please dont be silly when you comprare Mika to David Hasselhoff. When you show a pic with Mika and one of the old judges Elio and you called him "clown" you have a prespective that is twisted cause in Italy he's a great musician, he arrived 2nd at Sanremo this year, he chose to play with costumes in his entire career but didnt damage him whether you like his music or not. About italian singers outside Italy that you dont know...well...check a bit more cause are more than one. PLUS I dont think that UK or USA create only good artists and many of them are crap young artists that make "easy" music like bieber, lovato, jonas brothers, one direction...etc...the dame happens here of course.

About xfactor Italy there are talented people working there, not losers, for example Luca Tomassini. Do you know him at all? He worked with many great artists and he's a choreographer and sure he has a career OUTSIDE xfactor that shines bright.

So....I repeat myself and I'm sorry but LET MIKA TRY! He's not stupid, he can make mistakes or good choices like everyone else but he deserves some trust from his fans! Everyone can write a personal opinion but cant become the only true thought and the only opinion on Mika's entire career...he's not fair.

When you say that Mika was not interested in things like fashion, advertise, talent at the beginning and you're disappointed I cant understand that completely cause his career is evolving and his music too and also Mika himself and if he does other things during his life is more than normal! There're just phases.

I dont remember people complaining when Mika had Louboutin shoes adv or now when he wears those fashion and incredible expensive shoes during shows. Mika with Louboutin is NOT the same "easy" Mika he appeared in 2007 with white converse but HIS MUSIC is great now like it was before.

And we cant think that he'll do music forever or only music the whole life. Comics, books, musical, tv show, advertise, private gigs...everything that is interesting for him is good for his persona.

So please I think is fair to WAIT and see. We dont have a crystal ball...we're not part of the show..we dont know if he has to train singers everyday or just give them songs and let other people to train them and stay here 2 days a week, we dont know if he has time to write songs in the mid time..we dont know anything specific so let him breath!

Please note that I'm NOT a xfactor fan at all and I dont plan to follow him and meet him in milan everyday (I live in Rome!) but I WANT to give Mika a chance to prove his skills also as a judge. He needs to increase his popularity here and this is A way to do it. I bet he's planning strategies to do that in other countries too. Each country has its own way.

IMO

I Totally agree with you Sara..let's wait and see

IMO

Yes this is a great opportunity for Italian artists but he is not Italian and limits his career by this. Of course he will be famous in Italy and all will be perfect there and I genuinely hope you'll enjoy the shows, but the rest of the world will have to come back in 3 years when he will finally release his own new music.

And I honestly do not know any of the people you have mentioned.

Yes this is a great opportunity for Italian artists but he is not Italian and limits his career by this. Of course he will be famous in Italy and all will be perfect there and I genuinely hope you'll enjoy the shows, but the rest of the world will have to come back in 3 years when he will finally release his own new music.

And I honestly do not know any of the people you have mentioned.

How can you be SO sure that he wont be able to write music for 3 years? Come on...you, like me, dont know about how Mika writes his music, you dont know if he can also record during the show. Also it will end in january. Not that long..

About the names I wrote..well...check online famous italian singers..you'll find more than once!

And about Luca Tomassini...not hard to find too!

http://www.lucatommassini.com/biografiaENGXML.asp

Also, you're right when you say he's not an italian singer and thing will help him only in Italy but that's a start. He lost popularity here and in other countries and maybe he's trying to do something and there will be time also for UK and other countries to make something about that.

We know exactly how Mika writes his music. He's said so a million times!

If people want to be happy about Mika doing TV shows and selling beer and clothes and sunglasses and all these other things that have nothing to do with his music you can go ahead. But can we just be real about this and stop pretending it's not going to be a massive distraction from new music and proper tours?

Everyone excused the fact that Mika would not even so much as tweet for months at a time by saying he was too engrossed in making his album. He could not pick up his phone and type in 140 characters but now we are fantasizing that somehow he is going to make an album while he is starring on a TV show in a foreign country thousands of miles from his studios and producers? Come on.

Sarina if you want to be excited that Mika is spending so much time in Italy you are entitled but this is going to tie Mika up for months and just participating in something like this goes against everything he claims to have stood for. Plenty of people are not going to be happy about this and they've got perfectly valid reasons. He's already driven off so many people by moving away from his musical core that most of his fans from the early days did not turn up at the NA shows. I have stuck around through all the rest but this is the last straw for me. I cannot support him in this. I did not fall in love with Mika and his amazing gift to see it squandered on some crap TV show.

IMO

This phrase keeps popping up, and it's starting to irk me a lot.

He has MANY countries that he needs to increase his popularity in, and it's not going to happen when he ties himself to one place at a time doing it. To raise his profile, he needs to have a template to do it in as many places as he can at the same time. He can do this and still live in his little bubble, it's called writing his music and putting it out there. Simple.

IMO

I completely agree with you :thumb_yello:

There are some far more important things than his international career or being popular here or there :blink: Like health and happiness and enjoying his work and life in general. I have no idea how much they pay him (hard to believe it's enough to do it only for money) or if he really even needs the money (I mean how expensive can his life style be?) but of course it's possible he likes to have a few months of regular income without too much stress. I just hope is not taking more and more side projects to avoid making his new album. He did have difficulties with starting TOOL? Surely the NA tour must have given him confidence and made him realize how special he is?

Anyway, not going to patronize him and tell him what to do or what not to do. He is extraordinary talented and personally I DO care if he is judging other singers instead of writing his own songs/using his amazing voice/performing and I am sad (for very selfish reasons) if I can't see him on stage for months. But he does his own decisions and in the end I just hope everything works out for him and he can write more music without too much pressure, that he enjoys his Italian adventure and finds the work interesting enough to happily do it the long season.

We know exactly how Mika writes his music. He's said so a million times!

If people want to be happy about Mika doing TV shows and selling beer and clothes and sunglasses and all these other things that have nothing to do with his music you can go ahead. But can we just be real about this and stop pretending it's not going to be a massive distraction from new music and proper tours?

Everyone excused the fact that Mika would not even so much as tweet for months at a time by saying he was too engrossed in making his album. He could not pick up his phone and type in 140 characters but now we are fantasizing that somehow he is going to make an album while he is starring on a TV show in a foreign country thousands of miles from his studios and producers? Come on.

Sarina if you want to be excited that Mika is spending so much time in Italy you are entitled but this is going to tie Mika up for months and just participating in something like this goes against everything he claims to have stood for. Plenty of people are not going to be happy about this and they've got perfectly valid reasons. He's already driven off so many people by moving away from his musical core that most of his fans from the early days did not turn up at the NA shows. I have stuck around through all the rest but this is the last straw for me. I cannot support him in this. I did not fall in love with Mika and his amazing gift to see it squandered on some crap TV show.

Things change and I think that Mika is capable to adapt to the situation so I don't understand why you are SO sure he won't be able to write his music...come on...you're not Mika! And I guess he could be multitasking...give him some credit. Many artists do different projects but also write music...Mika could do that too...we don't know that.

But I agree with you that Xfactor "steals" time to the touring part and that makes me sad too...in fact for example I have to go to other countries to see him live and I want to go to his gigs like everyone....I'm not an alien!

I don't want to insist or be all excited and crazy...that was NOT my intention...I only wanted to give you (not specific to you...I mean fans) a different point of view about something you don't know well cause you're not italian. Beyond that, everyone has his own opinion and that's good...as long as it stay polite and respectful :mf_rosetinted:

This phrase keeps popping up, and it's starting to irk me a lot.

He has MANY countries that he needs to increase his popularity in, and it's not going to happen when he ties himself to one place at a time doing it. To raise his profile, he needs to have a template to do it in as many places as he can at the same time. He can do this and still live in his little bubble, it's called writing his music and putting it out there. Simple.

Again, Rose, I get that and I totally agree with you...he needs to increase his polularity IN MANY countries but MAYBE he can't do that all at once and this could be a way to try another solution after TOOL. I don't know about the strategies he and his record company have but I guess you don't know about that too. Maybe he needs to be more popular and THEN release a new album. Maybe XFactor is the strategy here in Italy and maybe there will be another one for UK....I mean...we don't know FOR SURE anything...or at least I don't...so I think that if they're trying something different they're trying to do something good...not something that damages his career forever....Universal has interest in Mika's career too!

Edited by Sarina

How expensive can his lifestyle be? Do you not know anything at all about Mika Nina?? Honestly. :aah:

And why are we talking about X Factor like it's going to be some holiday camp? It's a huge obligation and pressure.

Anyway I've had my say. If people are happy watching Mika on YouTube saying nothing of any interest in broken Italian instead of enjoying his music that's your prerogative. It's not for me.

How expensive can his lifestyle be? Do you not know anything at all about Mika Nina?? Honestly. :aah:

Compared to his incomes? I have no idea. I'm sure there's public information about it (how much he earns), but I'm really not interested enough to look for it and find out.

Even if it was on Youtube, I wouldn't be able to sit through an entire Italian show to hear Mika say a few sentence that I won't understand :naughty:

And it's not like we'll hear him sing or his creativity, we'll hear him speak/judge other people's talent.

And please, my Italian friends, it's not because it's in Italy... It's because it makes no sense to me. I wouldn't want him to judge in my own country. I really don't like the show :teehee:

It's too bad that instead of continuing his "Intimate gigs" in all of Europe, he chooses to sit in a chair and judge others... you'll never know what you are missing :no:

Even if it was on Youtube, I wouldn't be able to sit through an entire Italian show to hear Mika say a few sentence that I won't understand :naughty:

And it's not like we'll hear him sing or his creativity, we'll hear him speak/judge other people's talent.

And please, my Italian friends, it's not because it's in Italy... It's because it makes no sense to me. I wouldn't want him to judge in my own country. I really don't like the show :teehee:

It's too bad that instead of continuing his "Intimate gigs" in all of Europe, he chooses to sit in a chair and judge others... you'll never know what you are missing :no:

My sentiments exactly:thumb_yello:

He had the opportunity to build on the success of these gigs, instead he chooses to lose his credibilty on xfactor, beyond belief:doh:

Edited by buttonslovesu

I am italian, and I do not really understand why other italians claim that the foreigners are just jealous about this situation.

I think it is a fact that this show is crappy, and Mika is selling his soul to it, compromising his talent. Unfortunately I was not in the audience at the NA tour, but just looking at the youtube videos I really wish I could have been part of it, so I can totally sympathize with Christine's feelings.

Considering the other people involved in the x-show, do we also want to say that Simona Ventura (the other confirmed judge) is a classy and talented person?

I also do not think that being 2nd at the Sanremo festival is something

to brag about, .certainly not something that makes you a talented musician.

Just to make everybody even more depressed, here is a link to the award winning song of this italian co-judge star:

let's just hope that Mika does not get THIS low in quality.....

well, about this, I think I´m divided in two about my feelings!!!:aah::blink:

for one side, I don´t like so much this idea, since, it means that he won´t be able to do a proper tour in South America!! as he hasn´t had done yet!! Ever!!!! :shocked: remember that when he came here in 2010, it was only for 3 festivals, but we never had a single show of MIKA (entirely, only Mika) ! :sneaky2: anyway, I realise it is because unless a producer brings him here for it, he won´t do it! :( and as in Italy he has someone willing to pay him for judging, it´s obvious he´ll stay there. I still hope he´ll keep working on his promotion here, because it´s the only way he´ll be able to have the financial support for a gig in South America... :wink2:

on the other hand, as his fan, all I can say is that I hope it brings him a great experience, not only personally, but also PROFESSIONALLY talking! these programes like X factor are not aired here, but anyway, if he gets to have more support, and all that, it´s ok!

In conclusion, I only hope he won´t let his own music aside! :wink2:

IMO

Well said. I agree with you. Though I don't like UK X Factor, that doesn't mean Mika has made a bad decision.

I have never thought that Mika should be the type of musician who only writes for, so called credible musicians (translated as, people who are not well known) On the other hand, I've always been glad he's not in the celeb mags every week, being seen out with big stars to get publicity.

But he does need to be somewhere in the middle. Music may not change, but celebrity status does. These days it pays to have different strings to your bow. Mika has realised this. The only sad thing is it's not in the UK, or an English speaking country, but I'm sure someone will translate his talking for us. It will be interesting to see what will come of this, but I do not love, or respect him any less for making this decision.

Well said. I agree with you. Though I don't like UK X Factor, that doesn't mean Mika has made a bad decision.

I have never thought that Mika should be the type of musician who only writes for, so called credible musicians (translated as, people who are not well known) On the other hand, I've always been glad he's not in the celeb mags every week, being seen out with big stars to get publicity.

But he does need to be somewhere in the middle. Music may not change, but celebrity status does. These days it pays to have different strings to your bow. Mika has realised this. The only sad thing is it's not in the UK, or an English speaking country, but I'm sure someone will translate his talking for us. It will be interesting to see what will come of this, but I do not love, or respect him any less for making this decision.

great to hear that :thumb_yello:

Who says we love or respect him any less just because we refuse to kiss the ****ing ground he walks on when we disagree with his decision? Why does that make us any less fans? I think it is only healthy that not everybody worships his every fart.