MIKA @ FNAC events + XFactor - Milan - November 29th 2012

robertina

Sort of sad. Really wanted him to do new music, new tour. Now he's going to be trapped in a desk and chair for a whole year. Does he have this very fluent Italian to keep it up for a whole year? Isn't he going to struggle? Writing reviews in Italien? Or is he always going be having someone translating every word? And only Italy? I ask alot of questions, but I'm worried about this thing. I don't imagine him staying seated on a desk and just working and yeah it's weird. I'm scared that he regrets it.

I guess that basically describes my philosophy. And I hope everything works out for his best.

I hope too! And I know everyone wants all the best for him,just that I can't see the point of us being more concerned about his career than him :dunno:

Sort of sad. Really wanted him to do new music, new tour. Now he's going to be trapped in a desk and chair for a whole year. Does he have this very fluent Italian to keep it up for a whole year? Isn't he going to struggle? Writing reviews in Italien? Or is he always going be having someone translating every word? And only Italy? I ask alot of questions, but I'm worried about this thing. I don't imagine him staying seated on a desk and just working and yeah it's weird. I'm scared that he regrets it.

A year? At least in the usa this show only runs for like 5 months at most. is it the same in Italy?

It could be for new collaborations/writing for other artists.

No offense but I barely know any good artists from Italy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Who knows? Maybe it will be the best decision of his life. I'm just disappointed because chances are bigger that it won't be. I can't see Justin Bieber doing a show like this. To me, the only people who are full-time judges on these kind of talent shows are formerly successful artists who desperately want to revive his career. I prefer thinking that if Mika would come with a new album, a new approach and a new PR machine, he could become very successful again. Doing X-Factor is something you do when your career is dead. Mika might not be the big star he used to be, but his career is still breathing.

you never know, maybe he needed the money so after he can do shows around the world in intimate venues. (i do hope he talks about his reasons in the press.)

so, yeah. i’m gonna wait and see before i judge.

Amen to that too! :thumb_yello: But now seriously,I'm sure he has his reasons for this move,as you said,we just have to wait and see,maybe it won't be such a big disaster after all.

I just feel sick. :puke:

You've got to medicate yourself...aaahaa.:mf_rosetinted:

It just feels like he is giving up on his own career. I don't want him to give up. I want him to get off of his *ss and make music and spread the magic that captivated the world in the first place.

I never ever could have imagined Mika would be a judge or even just be part of such shows before I started being a fan. It probably was one of the many many reasons why I became a fan actually. I had always seen him as the opposite to these crappy things (it's not a bad TV show but for me it's got nothing to do with real music) and I was even surprised to see him perform in the shows. Other musicians that I admire avoid performing there or for example Muse made fun of them by switching their roles in the band with a playback song, I loved that. I thought Mika was like that too.

I was a bit scared a year ago when we heard rumours he would be part of the jury of the French Voice. I'd much rather have him 2 years out of France than participating in the show (I watch this show and I enjoy it but really? Mika? He's got nothing to do with it in my opinion) And now it's starting again with Italy, I can't really believe it.. It's not that much about not seeing him perform for a while, but I really think this could more generally harm his career and image. Anyway I know that if I wasn't a fan by now this would certainly have 'blocked' me from becoming one, regardless of his enormous talent.

:sad:

It just feels like he is giving up on his own career. I don't want him to give up. I want him to get off of his *ss and make music and spread the magic that captivated the world in the first place.

Yep. I totally agree.

And one of the reasons that a lot of us became fans of his was because he seemed to be flying in the face of the whole X craptor mentality. :aah:

Completely agree with you .... do gigs ... make music ... make people remember who you are and what you're actually good at ... as a live artist he's amazing ... as a musician he's completely underated and people have to be reminded about what he can do ... but he's selling himself out by sitting in a ****ing chair judging others bloody singing ... not happy at all :(

Yep. I totally agree.

And one of the reasons that a lot of us became fans of his was because he seemed to be flying in the face of the whole X craptor mentality. :aah:

I'm afraid he is becoming the stereotype, something he used to despise so much.

Sort of sad. Really wanted him to do new music, new tour. Now he's going to be trapped in a desk and chair for a whole year. .

A year? The show lasts 3 months, and maybe he doesn't need to be busy everyday on it. If he does it, in that period he can also do other things, I guess ;)

I understand all of your reactions, but I sincerely want to wait before saying something. I'm Italian, and I cannot say that I'm not happy to have Mika again in my country, also because I've seen him only once in my life and this could be another chance... :)

I'm sure we won't know the reasons why he decided to do this, but I think he has to be free to do whatever he wants in his career, I also would have loved to listen to a new album and to see him again in a concert, and I've never been fond of reality shows, but I don't see anything wrong with trying new experiences! ;)

Is this right, is this wrong? we still don't know, but I think he'll still remain a great singer, I think that his reputation depends on the quality of his music, not on his attending tv shows or not! ;)

I understand all of your reactions, but I sincerely want to wait before saying something. I'm Italian, and I cannot say that I'm not happy to have Mika again in my country, also because I've seen him only once in my life and this could be another chance... :)

I'm sure we won't know the reasons why he decided to do this, but I think he has to be free to do whatever he wants in his career, I also would have loved to listen to a new album and to see him again in a concert, and I've never been fond of reality shows, but I don't see anything wrong with trying new experiences! ;)

Is this right, is this wrong? we still don't know, but I think he'll still remain a great singer, I think that his reputation depends on the quality of his music, not on his attending tv shows or not! ;)

Exactly, only problem is that if he doesn't focus on his music, people will forget he ever was a successful musician in the first place.

totally agree :D

Exactly, only problem is that if he doesn't focus on his music, people will forget he ever was a successful musician in the first place.

Some countries already have *inserts sad face here* :tears::tears:

That's true, I agree! ;) But maybe this will help people to connect the 'judge' with his past! ;) Regarding carrying on his career as a musician, I hope he won't stop thinking about it! xD

Totally agree! :D This demands only one evening a week! xD

It doesn't. He will have to coach his contestants throughout the week. Had it been just once a week it would be less of an issue, but this will distract him from his music.