MIKA @ FNAC events + XFactor - Milan - November 29th 2012

robertina

Let's all just trust Mika - he knows what he's doing.

Yes, I trusted Mika. I trusted Mika when he came on the scene presenting himself as someone who was all about writing and performing and planned to be doing the same in 10, 20 or more years.

I trusted Mika when he said he didn't have to answer to his record company or any other business pressures.

I trusted Mika when he said he wasn't interested in fashion.

I trusted Mika when he said he was driven by the need to be creative and not commercial.

I trusted Mika when he said he was the anti X Factor artist.

I am a fan of the person who said those things. I am a fan of the person who stood in the Sixth and I Synagogue and sang music clearly written and performed from his soul.

I am not a fan of a person who sells beer, sunglasses and clothing. I am not a fan of a person who sells out to some obscure talent show that will tie him up from making music and headlining tours and will contribute nothing to his legacy except becoming the David Hasselhoff of Italy.

This is extremely sad and disappointing and regardless of how well or badly it turns out for Mika personally it is still a breach of the trust that I (and I'm sure many others) put in him all these years to be someone who would never sacrifice their artistic integrity to sell products and become a C-list celebrity on a TV show that makes a mockery of real musical artists.

I will always be grateful I was one of the lucky few to see him at his very very best. But this is the end of the line for me as far as actively supporting Mika on a day to day basis goes. I am not waiting around another 3 years or more while he works on these side projects that seem to be entirely motivated by...I don't know what...but it's sure not artistic drive.

I hope he comes back to NA again one day with a great tour. And I hope I am still interested enough to care.

I'm with you Christine.

I do not recognise Mika these days. Not the Mika I fell in love with 6 years ago. Obviously everyone changes over time, one expects a bit of that, but I just can't relate to him or many of his decisions these days.

:emot-sad:

Clara, you are a sweetheart:wub2:

For this year, I think we in the UK have given up hope of anything from him at all. But he did say he was going to do gigs in S. America, and so far there has been no more mention of this, which makes me sad that he is to my mind wasting time on this, when he could be touring there and Australia.

thank you Rose :huglove:

I agree with you ... I hope this is the right choice for him, which he knows what he's doing with his career :pray:

It could be for new collaborations/writing for other artists.

No offense but I barely know any good artists from Italy. Correct me if I'm wrong

sadly true Ingiev :sad:

I hope no Nina :no: unfortunately in Italy there aren't great artists, apart from some old songwriter ... most popular artists in Italy in this moment are crap!

Let's do the only thing we can really do.. Wait and see. :wink2:

In a way, it's only 5 months. Not 5 days unfortunatly, but at least it's not 5 years. MAYBE it'll be not so disgusting, he is very good at surprising us. MAYBE that'll be disgusting and he'll lose fans and credibility in Italia. Does it mean it'll be the same for every country around the world ? I don't think so, I have no idea who are the judge in other countries (and I don't care). Yes he's not going to make new songs and new tours during this... maybe that's why he's touring right now and writing a lot.

I don't think it's the best thing he could do right now but maybe we can try to not dramatise this like it's the end of Mika ? :dunno: You can have your opinion, I just try to lower the tension...

In a way, it's only 5 months. Not 5 days unfortunatly, but at least it's not 5 years. MAYBE it'll be not so disgusting, he is very good at surprising us. MAYBE that'll be disgusting and he'll lose fans and credibility in Italia. Does it mean it'll be the same for every country around the world ? I don't think so, I have no idea who are the judge in other countries (and I don't care). Yes he's not going to make new songs and new tours during this... maybe that's why he's touring right now and writing a lot.

I don't think it's the best thing he could do right now but maybe we can try to not dramatise this like it's the end of Mika ? :dunno: You can have your opinion, I just try to lower the tension...

Well said!

In the 3 years since I'm following him, the man never deceived me, so I don't see why it would change...

My view might be biaised by the fact that our talent show are pretty good and the people involved quite serious about it. Like Guylaine said, there are some amazing voices in our little land. I don't see why it can't be the same in Italy.

BTW, of the 4 judges in La Voix, one didn't stop touring and another completed his new album and worked on others. I'm sure they could give Mika some good advices:thumb_yello:

Well said!

In the 3 years since I'm following him, the man never deceived me, so I don't see why it would change...

My view might be biaised by the fact that our talent show are pretty good and the people involved quite serious about it. Like Guylaine said, there are some amazing voices in our little land. I don't see why it can't be the same in Italy.

BTW, of the 4 judges in La Voix, one didn't stop touring and another completed his new album and worked on others. I'm sure they could give Mika some good advices:thumb_yello:

I didn't know that ! (you see that I'm not following La Voix at all) That could be even better if he can do something else at the same time ! :blush-anim-cl:

I really hope what he do it, surprise me ever :pray: he never let me down, neither when band members changed, my focus was always Mika.

I don't speak of XFactor :mf_rosetinted: I do not like 'anything' these programs :aah:

I didn't know that ! (you see that I'm not following La Voix at all) That could be even better if he can do something else at the same time ! :blush-anim-cl:

Marie-mai toured and Marc Dupré just released his album...

Well said!

That being said, i don't like Xfactor at all. :no:

And the judges from our La Voix toured in other countries or just Quebec?

I know Marc finished his album while judging, he was saying he was doing it in the middle of the night & missed seeing his kids... so it wasn't without sacrifice i guess :naughty:

Anyways, i don't really see this as a great career move, but we'll see... que sera sera.

I'm with you Christine.

I do not recognise Mika these days. Not the Mika I fell in love with 6 years ago. Obviously everyone changes over time, one expects a bit of that, but I just can't relate to him or many of his decisions these days.

:emot-sad:

I think the saddest part for me is that he was better than ever at the shows I saw recently. Obviously I imagined the shows to be in larger venues but otherwise they were exactly what I would have expected Mika to be doing in 2013 had you asked me in 2007. He is so confident and comfortable now it is a joy to watch. His performances more sincere than ever.

But it is such a disappointment that this has become the anomaly. That a great tour is a rarity to be squeezed in between years of hiding and side projects, many of which have little or nothing to do with his own music.

i don't think XF will be a distraction, if it will be confirmed. It's not MasterChef, is it? It's a format dealing with music, he will meet other musicians, the coaches that will follow the guys, maybe he just needs all this in this moment!

He spent so much time in a studio, now it seems to me that all these different experiences he's making are much better for him, for his music...

Just think about the new songs he's composing while touring, he doesn't need silence and concentration but maybe breathing new air, different things!!

And still I doubt X-factor contributes anything to his artistic value.

This is NOT the artist I fell for 6 years ago. I don't care about his beer or clothing line or stupid sunglasses. I do care that this is the artist who used to say he wanted to be different from others. Who wanted to do his own thing. Who wanted to have nothing to do with these talent shows. We've watched him grow and mature and become better and I've been proud of his development and of being there from the start. But I am not just going to sit back and say I trust his decision to do this if to me it only seems to be about money. I have defended his decisions for a long time but I am no longer going to defend this stupid mistake.

Let's all just trust Mika - he knows what he's doing.

Yes, I trusted Mika. I trusted Mika when he came on the scene presenting himself as someone who was all about writing and performing and planned to be doing the same in 10, 20 or more years.

I trusted Mika when he said he didn't have to answer to his record company or any other business pressures.

I trusted Mika when he said he wasn't interested in fashion.

I trusted Mika when he said he was driven by the need to be creative and not commercial.

I trusted Mika when he said he was the anti X Factor artist.

I am a fan of the person who said those things. I am a fan of the person who stood in the Sixth and I Synagogue and sang music clearly written and performed from his soul.

I am not a fan of a person who sells beer, sunglasses and clothing. I am not a fan of a person who sells out to some obscure talent show that will tie him up from making music and headlining tours and will contribute nothing to his legacy except becoming the David Hasselhoff of Italy.

This is extremely sad and disappointing and regardless of how well or badly it turns out for Mika personally it is still a breach of the trust that I (and I'm sure many others) put in him all these years to be someone who would never sacrifice their artistic integrity to sell products and become a C-list celebrity on a TV show that makes a mockery of real musical artists.

I will always be grateful I was one of the lucky few to see him at his very very best. But this is the end of the line for me as far as actively supporting Mika on a day to day basis goes. I am not waiting around another 3 years or more while he works on these side projects that seem to be entirely motivated by...I don't know what...but it's sure not artistic drive.

I hope he comes back to NA again one day with a great tour. And I hope I am still interested enough to care.

so well said Christine.. for same reason I feel like lost something these days..

I strongly doubt why he should make these kind of career change, for me just seems very opposite to Mika himself wjo sung 'Grace Kelly' on his debut.....

I hope too! And I know everyone wants all the best for him,just that I can't see the point of us being more concerned about his career than him :dunno:

This is exactely my thought about it all :blush-anim-cl: After reading all these negative comments, I'm quite surprised about how "demanding" a lot of his fans really are :shocked: Of course we all most of all want new music and tours - but MIKA is not a robot, whom we can place behind the piano and in the studios - nonstop - just to satisfy ourself!! He has always gone his own ways, and we have to accept this, even we might not always agree with everything he does. I personally don't like his advertising for beer, I'd rather see him doing this for some healthy products. But he has the right to do whatever he wants, and I don't think it's right to "bury him alive" and see no further hope for his future music career, just because he wants a break and spend some months in Italy! :wink2: In fact I understand him, and like someone here said: He'll surely gain more friends and fans after this TV job, and people might even end up here as MFCers :fisch: So - I hope he's having a lot of fun and enjoy himself :wub2:

Love,love

me

This is exactely my thought about it all :blush-anim-cl: After reading all these negative comments, I'm quite surprised about how "demanding" a lot of his fans really are :shocked: Of course we all most of all want new music and tours - but MIKA is not a robot, whom we can place behind the piano and in the studios - nonstop - just to satisfy ourself!! He has always gone his own ways, and we have to accept this, even we might not always agree with everything he does. I personally don't like his advertising for beer, I'd rather see him doing this for some healthy products. But he has the right to do whatever he wants, and I don't think it's right to "bury him alive" and see no further hope for his future music career, just because he wants a break and spend some months in Italy! :wink2: In fact I understand him, and like someone here said: He'll surely gain more friends and fans after this TV job, and people might even end up here as MFCers :fisch: So - I hope he's having a lot of fun and enjoy himself :wub2:

Love,love

me

It's what I wanted to say too.... but my post yesterday looked poorer :thumb_yello:

Marie-mai toured and Marc Dupré just released his album...

:thumb_yello:

Yeah, and he's demonstrating everyday that he can do different things at the same time, even though he doesn't do things that we always love. He's experimenting I think different ways of approaching art with an eye to music industry.

And still I doubt X-factor contributes anything to his artistic value.

This is NOT the artist I fell for 6 years ago. I don't care about his beer or clothing line or stupid sunglasses. I do care that this is the artist who used to say he wanted to be different from others. Who wanted to do his own thing. Who wanted to have nothing to do with these talent shows. We've watched him grow and mature and become better and I've been proud of his development and of being there from the start. But I am not just going to sit back and say I trust his decision to do this if to me it only seems to be about money. I have defended his decisions for a long time but I am no longer going to defend this stupid mistake.

I understand your feeling, but in Italy he needs to be popular, he needs new people on the front row, we don't manage to reach 2.000 Fans in the italian Facebook page, in Rome he came in a not so big venue, while people coming from X Factor or Sanremo are selling crap music. So I'm happy if they can taste the difference. Ok, he will not perform, but he will be smart, and competent, other judges in Italy have gained a lot with XF. The "clown" mentioned by Deb is a great musician, but an outsider in the Italian panorama, well now their shows are sold out, I want this for Mika, I don't Wanna be one of the happy few.

Love,love

me

Well said, sometimes we are little big mums. "think about your future, you have to study, don't lose your time..."

Reminds me something... French song, Fanny Ardant... :mikasweat:

So is it official that he's going to be at XFactor? If yes then it'll be fantastic to watch it. I loved his participation in last year's show! Also if I remember correctly he had said that he had a great time being there. So it'll be wonderful to have something similar this year too!

But even if we hadnt already seen how much fun the Italian XFactor is or if for some reason I had doubts about him doing that I'd still respect his decisions. I'm certain he knows what's best for him, his music and his career.

One more thing I'd like to point out is that I'm sure he hasnt changed. I trust him and will continue to support him more than ever.

5 months?!?! 5 FREAKING MONTHS?!?!?!? :shocked:

I´m a bit tired of this issue. He needs to be known in Italy??? May I know why he needs to be known in Italy? And not in Lietchestein? or Korea? or Perú? Turkey? Ukraine??

Let´s face it. Italy can do NOTHING to make Mika global. Same as Spain, Italy is not a country which every one sees as a model to follow. I love Italy, don´t misinterpret me, my dad had business there, my brother in law is Italian and I have friends there. But being in a second-rate show in Italy will make NOTHING good to Mika. Oh, wait... it´ll give him money...:mf_rosetinted:

Do you really think that by appearing in XF he will suddenly launch a fourth album and he will break the market???? Really??!?!?

He doesn´t need Italy, or Spain or Portugal. He f*cking needs to focus in music. And if without 5-months-side-project it normally takes him three years to release an album, well... consider yourselves f*cked.

But I am not just going to sit back and say I trust his decision to do this if to me it only seems to be about money. I have defended his decisions for a long time but I am no longer going to defend this stupid mistake.

I understand you,I still can't figure out what his reasons are for doing this.I know he's saying he loved this show when he was invited there last year,and he loves to spend his holidays in Italy,and all,when the real reason could be the money.But maybe the amount of money is so huge,that he simply couldn't resist,who knows? He's not a saint,he's still a human being in the end,having human needs. Don't get me wrong,I'm not thrilled either about this XFactor thing,and I so wish it would be only a rumor,but unfortunately,I don't think this is the case :huh:

Mika´s FB made it official now.

MIKA

We are very pleased to announce that Mika will be judge on the brand new season of XFactor Italia! Yes that's right, for the whole season Mika will be on your TV screens every week on the show, live from Milan! Mika is very excited about this amazing opportunity and says it's a 'challenge' but that he is looking forward to discovering new talent. He says 'Italy has always meant a lot to me as I have great memories of my frequent Italian holidays, but also for the great love and support I always get there.' So watch out, Italy! We'll keep you posted on all the news here with pictures, gossip and everything else…. Ciao!

I actually thought until about a minute ago that it would be nice to see Mika as a judge and I thought that it would be great if anyone could set up a live stream so we could watch it etc. Until I realized (yes, this took me days and you can laugh) that the show will be in Italian. And I don't speak Italian. :doh: