MIKA @ FNAC events + XFactor - Milan - November 29th 2012

robertina

I hope it will bring him whatever he wants to gain from it, whether it be money or success in Italy. It won't bring him credibility or any respect outside of Italy though. Whatever. Call me crazy but I think this will do more damage to his international career than any good.

I'm totally agree with you! :sad: This is good only italian fan!

This is so bad,for real? I have no idea,but I see some Italian fans being happy for this news,while others are upset :dunno:

He will have to spend months in Italy coaching mediocre singers, whilst his own career needs an international boost. Italy is not the market to do this and we want new music instead of all these side projects.

He will have to spend months in Italy coaching mediocre singers, whilst his own career needs an international boost. Italy is not the market to do this and we want new music instead of all these side projects.

:huh: I hope he knows what he's doing......

This is so bad,for real? I have no idea,but I see some Italian fans being happy for this news,while others are upset :dunno:

As a italian fan I would be happy if Mika will be many months in Italy, but this certainly will not help his international career and this is what he needs now ... for me it's useless to have more success in Italy for Mika, our country does not has such a great musical influence at the international level, our singers are mediocre and unknown abroad ... I hope for him, if the news is true, at least that is well paid and that it is happy with his choice!

I don't understand why Mika or his crew have not tried to better promote his work in the UK, this is very important to him, in my opinion...if one artist is popular in UK or USA is popular in the world

I'm sorry but I dont speak english and I wrote with google translator :sorry:

Edited by clara85

As a italian fan I would be happy if Mika will be many months in Italy, but this certainly will not help his international career and this is what he needs now ... for me it's useless to have more success in Italy for Mika, our country does not has such a great musical influence at the international level, our singers are mediocre and unknown abroad ... I hope for him, if the news is true, at least that is well paid and that it is happy with his choice!

I don't understand why Mika or his crew have not tried to better promote his work in the UK, this is very important to him, in my opinion...if one artist is popular in UK or USA is popular in the world

I think we all understand you perfectly, Maurizia. And you said what many of us are feeling quite well. :huglove:

Just, no! Why?

Seriously, this is like the one of the worst possible marketing decisions he, and his management, could possibly make! Not to mention quite debasing on a human level.

I mean, I've seen the show, even the Italian one sometimes. It's really popular and quite well done (better that the British and American one, even).

But a judge's job is 1) argue (a lot, with fellow judges); 2)pretend to care about "your singers" and be really angry if they are eliminated; 3) essentially make yourself as annoying as possible.

You're exposed to every kind of rude comment by twitter users (and Italian people generally like making fun of foreigners who do not speak their language perfectly or just have a funny accent. They mean well, but still, not nice) and "television critics" and your career - as an artist - won't benefit from it, like at all.

I really don't understand. It'll take all summer (when the auditions process takes place) and winter (live shows). When the heck is he going to tour?

I'll just pretend this isn't happening. Yep, wise choice, I'm already feeling better.

Don't you think it's possible he can write his new album or maybe even do some shows at the same time he is doing Italian X-factor? I didn't expect him to be an X-factor judge (nor saying it will boost his international career, of course) but if he decides to do it shouldn't we try to think in a positive way and hope it will give him a possibility to work with interesting people etc instead of being too upset?

Don't you think it's possible he can write his new album or maybe even do some shows at the same time he is doing Italian X-factor? I didn't expect him to be an X-factor judge (nor saying it will boost his international career, of course) but if he decides to do it shouldn't we try to think in a positive way and hope it will give him a possibility to work with interesting people etc instead of being too upset?

Have you ever seen X-factor? If we want a tour anytime soon, don't count on it. It will be very time consuming.

Don't you think it's possible he can write his new album or maybe even do some shows at the same time he is doing Italian X-factor?

No I absolutely do not. He has shown time and time again that in order to write a proper album he needs to take a large chunk of time and go into hiding. It's quite obvious now that after all the hints he's given about being in the studio that he has not been working on a new album at all. And getting tied up with all these other very public projects is a sure sign there is no intention to make an album right now.

Have you ever seen X-factor? If we want a tour anytime soon, don't count on it. It will be very time consuming.

I admit I haven't. And yeah, if it takes months and he doesn't have time to do anything else I will cry with you!

I'll try but I don't think I'll be able to see the a positive side of all this affair.

I've seen the show, with Italian people. They watched it -purposely - to make fun of it, and they are not the only ones to do that.

Moreover, who says it's just this one time. Judges usually are contractually bound to the programme for several seasons, and, if that's the case, people (in Italy, at least) will start to think of him as "Mika, the xfactor judge" and not "Mika, the musician).

It just makes me sad. I think he's a genius singer and songwriter. And I think he should work to make more people realise that. I think he's done that with the US tour.

I also think that this is a stupid decision, but that doesn't mean I don't respect it. I just don't see its purpose, but Mika probably does, so good for him.

That's my opinion.

I definitely won't watch the program, I prefer to stay in the dark.

Apart from a bit fat paycheck, I really do not see anything positive for him in it. It is especially bad it is announced after such a successful NA tour. I really do not understand how he can so easily shift from the glamour of Dita to the trash of italian TV.

I gave up on saying my opinion about what Mika is doing,or what he's wearing long time ago....because he doesn't care anyway,and he has his reasons always.As long as he's satisfied with his career,why should we be worried? He lives just one life,why not doing what he wants? :dunno:

Maybe he's not taking the right decisions everytime,but who can say for sure what's right or wrong? For me he seems mature enough to be able to manage his life just fine.Maybe he needs those breaks from his work,he's not a robot set to sit in front of his piano all day,and write brilliant songs,maybe he needs more to get his inspiration.And of course I'd love him to do acoustic gigs every night,all over the world,but I guess that's slightly unrealistic.And a few months it's not the end of the world,we'll survive.....as always :aah:

Clara, you are a sweetheart:wub2:

For this year, I think we in the UK have given up hope of anything from him at all. But he did say he was going to do gigs in S. America, and so far there has been no more mention of this, which makes me sad that he is to my mind wasting time on this, when he could be touring there and Australia.

I tend to agree with everyone that this doesn't seem like good news, but I think that we can't really judge because we don't know the details and the reasons behind this decision.

So I'll try to stay positive and have faith in his decision even though it's hard ...

I gave up on saying my opinion about what Mika is doing,or what he's wearing long time ago....because he doesn't care anyway,and he has his reasons always.As long as he's satisfied with his career,why should we be worried? He lives just one life,why not doing what he wants? :dunno:

I guess that basically describes my philosophy. And I hope everything works out for his best.

Maybe he's not taking the right decisions everytime,but who can say for sure what's right or wrong? For me he seems mature enough to be able to manage his life just fine.Maybe he needs those breaks from his work,he's not a robot set to sit in front of his piano all day,and write brilliant songs,maybe he needs more to get his inspiration.And of course I'd love him to do acoustic gigs every night,all over the world,but I guess that's slightly unrealistic.And a few months it's not the end of the world,we'll survive.....as always :aah:

amen to all of this, esp the bolded bit :thumb_yello:

people haven't even seen him on the show yet and some are acting if it's the end of the world.

whether he sees this is in opportunity to make the show better or is doing it just because he got a lot of pressure from his record label or thinks he can do the show & work on his album at the same time or like Krysady said just needs a break, i’m sure he sees his reasons as valid ones. you never know, maybe he needed the money so after he can do shows around the world in intimate venues. (i do hope he talks about his reasons in the press.)

am i happy about him doing something so commercial and in a different country? no, of course not. but am i happy to get to see Mika so frequently instead of him hiding away? hell yes. am i happy that he’ll prolly do more press interviews? yep, even if i can’t read them til someone translates them xD

so, yeah. i’m gonna wait and see before i judge.

I can only conclude that we're all fans of a one-hit-wonder who has now turned into a B-rated star with no hope of ever becoming truly successful again and needs to turn to Italian X-factor for money and publicity.

Now if someone could point me in the direction of an appropriate smiley to soften the message, I'd be much obliged.