Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna Austria: 5 November 2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

Ready to hear all about the beautiful show in the beautiful city of Vienna!

400239_4494506174149_1174154614_n.jpg

-------------------

REPORTS

-------------------

tiibet

Cassilda

shirl

martinibaby

suzie

marianne84

mellody: Part I / Part II / Part III

-------------------

PICS

-------------------

shirl

mellody

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3835280&postcount=65

Professional pics: part 1

-------------------

VIDEOS

-------------------

mellody:

daeni28

Krysady

Happy Ending

youtube: part 1 part 2

PRESS CONCERT REVIEWS:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3831372&postcount=13

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3832039&postcount=41

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3832041&postcount=42

Very short audio of Mika speaking in German at Austrian Radio announcing his Vienna gig

http://oe3.orf.at/aktuell/stories/549472/

Edited by mari62
updating content - post 79

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is such a sweet popstar :wub2: I was in the choir too! Everyone knows I'm not a good singer but they needed one more member and Tim said "it will be fine don't worry" and I promised to do my best dancing and opening my mouth :teehee: I always thought Tim is gorgeous but he is really nice and sweet too and the whole band was incredibly kind. And we did a little bit rehearsing and suddenly Mika was there, wearing jeans and a blue sweater and with sleepy hair (:wub2:) and not shaved (:wub2:) and I thought oh well yes it's worth it. And a bit later he told me to go closer to the microphone and I did a hand move explaining my missing talent and suddenly he realized my point and laughed so much (:wub2:) and it was so totally worth it.

Everyone in the choir was really nice and we had a lot fun and I did my best dancing etc even I wasn't sure what to do. Eight songs!!! We were also on stage during Toy Boy even it wasn't a choir song and I could just stare him and sigh, it was lovely (:wub2:) Afterwards he forgot us but Mama P had told him the choir is still there and he came in and joked with us for a while and signed and took individual pics, and we all got lovely pics except I closed my eyes when he put his arm around me but he was smiling in a lovely way (:swoon:) so I'm so pleased. We took another pic and he is staring at the camera and I look bored, but still, it's my first individual pic with Mika!!!!! How cool is that?! And he knew my name!!!! At least I think he mentioned it (and I wasn't sure he can remember names, so it warmed my heart).

I have all our photos in my camera but I can't see the emails (I took a photo of them) but don't worry, I will find out and I will send everyone their pics. Will do it tomorrow, my plane is leaving soon and I'm leaving to the airport in on hour (and I need to pack etc).

What a wonderful night, thanks to everyone for being so kind! We met Mama P and she was so super sweet and kind as always and gave some good advices and the crew was fab as always. The gig was hard to Mika, but I hope there were some other reasons than the bad choir too. The audience was great, imo.

This is the end of this little fangirl report. I'm really tired and I don't have any time to sleep.

He is such a sweet popstar :wub2: I was in the choir too! Everyone knows I'm not a good singer but they needed one more member and Tim said "it will be fine don't worry" and I promised to do my best dancing and opening my mouth :teehee: I always thought Tim is gorgeous but he is really nice and sweet too and the whole band was incredibly kind. And we did a little bit rehearsing and suddenly Mika was there, wearing jeans and a blue sweater and with sleepy hair (:wub2:) and not shaved (:wub2:) and I thought oh well yes it's worth it. And a bit later he told me to go closer to the microphone and I did a hand move explaining my missing talent and suddenly he realized my point and laughed so much (:wub2:) and it was so totally worth it.

Everyone in the choir was really nice and we had a lot fun and I did my best dancing etc even I wasn't sure what to do. Eight songs!!! We were also on stage during Toy Boy even it wasn't a choir song and I could just stare him and sigh, it was lovely (:wub2:) Afterwards he forgot us but Mama P had told him the choir is still there and he came in and joked with us for a while and signed and took individual pics, and we all got lovely pics except I closed my eyes when he put his arm around me but he was smiling in a lovely way (:swoon:) so I'm so pleased. We took another pic and he is staring at the camera and I look bored, but still, it's my first individual pic with Mika!!!!! How cool is that?! And he knew my name!!!! At least I think he mentioned it (and I wasn't sure he can remember names, so it warmed my heart).

I have all our photos in my camera but I can't see the emails (I took a photo of them) but don't worry, I will find out and I will send everyone their pics. Will do it tomorrow, my plane is leaving soon and I'm leaving to the airport in on hour (and I need to pack etc).

What a wonderful night, thanks to everyone for being so kind! We met Mama P and she was so super sweet and kind as always and gave some good advices and the crew was fab as always. The gig was hard to Mika, but I hope there were some other reasons than the bad choir too. The audience was great, imo.

This is the end of this little fangirl report. I'm really tired and I don't have any time to sleep.

Why was it?

Seems like you have a incredible time:wub2: Thanks for sharing

Omg! Im so happy for you! Seemed like an amzing experience! Yeah Tim is incredibly nice and cute, my favourite from the band so far, have a crush on him. Mika with sleepy hair and without shaving :wub2: makes me wanna be there! Cant wait for pics and vids :wink2:

This must have been amazing for you Nina.

Oh Nina I'm very happy for you

being on the choir is the most beautifull think for a fan

happy - happy - happy

Wow what a special night for you Nina! You really deserve it. I can't believe you hadn't gotten a pic after all this time! :shocked: And being in the choir is just. :fangurl:

Really pleased for you and Karin and all the MFCers who've been able to sing with Mika. Can't imagine anything better!

Oh Nina I'm so pleased for you ... if anyone deserves to have that moment it's you ... you go to pretty much everything ... I just love reading about these special moments ... it makes me feel all soppy and stuff ... :aah: *sigh* I'm still on my floaty cloud ... don't mind me :teehee:

You were great :thumb_yello: I was very happy to meet you, and other MFCers too :) I just arrived home, totally tired but this gig worth every penny :wub2:

Some pictures from the gig

post-19081-142983698633_thumb.jpg

post-19081-14298369864_thumb.jpg

post-19081-142983698647_thumb.jpg

post-19081-142983698656_thumb.jpg

post-19081-142983698666_thumb.jpg

A press review from the gig (I don't dare to translate, not, because it's bad, in the opposite, but cause of my English :teehee:)

http://www.krone.at/Musik/Top-Entertainer_Mika_begeistert_im_Wiener_Gasometer-Gute-Laune-Stimmung-Story-339847

Eine perfekt choreografierte Show ohne optischen Bombast hat Popstar Mika im Wiener Gasometer geliefert. Zwischen den leichtfüßigen alten Charts- Hits und den seriöseren neuen Songs überzeugte der Brite vor allem als perfekter Entertainer.

Obschon der Gasometer bei Mikas Auftritt eher schwach besucht ist, herrscht bei den Anwesenden grenzenlose Begeisterung. Der in Beirut geborene und später nach Europa immigrierte Sänger ist und bleibt ein grandioser Unterhaltungskünstler, der genau weiß, an welchen Knöpfen er drehen muss, um seine Fans begeistern zu können. Mit seiner famos aufspielenden Band und einer Riesenportion guter Laune startet der 29- Jährige mit "Blame It On The Girls" schwungvoll in das Abendprogramm und erfreut seine Fans als Dandy mit Hut, grauem Sakko und hautenger schwarzer Hose.

Hyperaktive Bühnenshow

Die erfolgreichen Kompositionen von Mika sind großteils im 80er- Jahre Synthiepop verwurzelt und begeistern dadurch alle Altersschichten im Gasometer- Oval. Neben den exaltierten Fans vor der Bühne zeigt sich auch der Künstler selbst in bester Verfassung – stets tanzend und mit grazilen Bewegungen ausgestattet, glänzt Mika mit sympathischer Hyperaktivität.

Begeisterungsstürme lösen weitestgehend die Songs seines Debütalbums "Life In Cartoon Motion" aus. Die Disco- Hymne "Relax, Take It Easy", "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" oder die elegische Ballade "Happy Ending" werden entsprechend abgefeiert. Mika selbst benutzt dazu seine stärkste Waffe – seine eindringliche Stimme, die vor allem in den höheren Tonlagen perfekt funktioniert.

Neben den großen Erfolgen der Anfangszeit gehen die neuen Songs des Briten fast unter. Ernsthafter, seriöser und erwachsener sind die Kompositionen seines dritten Albums "The Origin Of Love", doch auch wenn Songs wie "Stardust", "Underwater" oder "Celebrate" Qualität haben, fehlt es am notwendigen Hitpotenzial. Das manifestiert sich bislang auch in den eher mauen Chartsplatzierungen. Nur der Titeltrack selbst funktioniert einwandfrei und wird vom Publikum mit hochgehaltenen, kleinen Papierherzen honoriert.

Der leichtfüßige und tanzbare Pop ist aber ohnehin dafür vorgesehen, gute Laune zu verbreiten, und das gelingt Mika mühelos. Mit Witz und viel Charme nimmt er seine eigenen Bandmitglieder auf die Schaufel und zeigt sich gut aufgelegt, als er auf den Publikumszuruf "Du bist in Wien, Mika" mit einem heiteren "Hello, Slovakia" für Gelächter sorgt.

Chormitglieder aus Wien

Die Show des Sängers ist spartanisch, aber einwandfrei choreografiert und reiht sich damit perfekt in die Riege der Popstars und -sternchen des Musikgeschäfts. Eine schöne Geste auch, dass Mika während des Soundchecks vor dem Konzert noch sechs Wienerinnen für den "Polka Dot Choir" auftrieb und diesen damit einen unvergesslichen Abend verschaffte.

Die Erfolgsformel? Eine Mischung aus eingängigen Songs, sympathischer Ausstrahlung und einer hervorragenden Begleitband. Das Abschluss- Song- Doppel "Lollipop" und "We Are Golden" beweisen – hier wird federleichter Lolli- Pop zelebriert. Ein bunter Feel- Good- Abend endet nach knapp zwei Stunden mit aufbrandendem Jubel. Bleibt nur die Frage, ob auch Mikas neue Songs noch für Erfolge sorgen können.

I'll try and give a little report:

1. it was my coldest queing ever (well I didn't queue that much before :teehee:)

2. it was the smallest queue ever, I think. At 5 pm there arrived number 21...we were already afraid there wouldn't come any people and I started to feel very ashamed for my country, but at least, there arrived a lot of people quite late...

3. most boring DJ ever :teehee:

4. first time front row with the best place, I think

5. started with Grace Kelly, he played BIOTG, BG, BB, HE, Toyboy, Popular, Stardust, OOL, LYWID, SITM, Underwater, Celebrate, Lollipop, WAG, I think, that's it. But can't remember in which order (well, Lollipop and WAG where the encore) (I hope I haven't forgotten any song - edit: after editing it three times, as I remembered some songs, I am not sure, I have all of them now), edit again: Blue Eyes, edit again: rain, lola, elle me dit

6. audience was great, I think

7. band was great

edit: 8. AND the choir did a great job also!

and of course

Mika was amazing, great, funny...:wub2:

m&g was really nice, calm (and freezing), Mika was chatty, I got my album signed :wub2:

I think it was "my" best gig and I enjoyed every single second...

I had a great day also, though it was ****ing freezin, I had so much fun and such a nice company during waiting...

I have no pics (made a few, but they aren't good), because most of the time I was dancing and having fun

Edit:

And I want to appologize if I disturbed any vids and pics, with my hands in the air or clapping, or singing, I was out of controll, kind of...:blush-anim-cl:

I hope, this will be the last edit :teehee:

I really enjoyed meeting mfcers I already knew and others I didn't know.

And I met some really nice girls, who will register on mfc soon, I hope :)

Edited by Cassilda

MIKA - Underwater (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]82uTPdyq1yA[/YouTube]

MIKA - Big Girl You Are Beautiful (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]PvCL6WD5seM[/YouTube]

MIKA - Popular Song (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]C8_dWaPgysk[/YouTube]

MIKA - Rain (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]-VuqJWihmXs[/YouTube]

MIKA - Toy Boy (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]v4DI-06FCmw[/YouTube]

http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4DI-06FCmw

MIKA - Lola (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]KmrnW7wVfR0[/YouTube]

MIKA - Relax (Take It Easy) (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]gs7FcaBr7Gg[/YouTube]

MIKA - Blue Eyes (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YouTube]Z0Mug0QdwCQ[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

MIKA - Blame It On The Girls (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]KG8rb1JucH4[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Grace Kelly (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]o8fVo0F5S_Y[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - We Are Golden (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]G4cL5yfz3CA[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Love Today (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]GQVbCFnmbYg[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Happy Ending (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]FYCeLVeEglo[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - The Origin Of Love (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]Ov3nvawUbNc[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Elle Me Dit (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]tdJjn_6AhNU[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Love You When I'm Drunk (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]wEgxP7EgoqE[/YOUTUBE]

MIKA - Lollopop (LIVE Gasometer Wien)

[YOUTUBE]xJPFlNAdwpE[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by A. Clay

It's so weird to see these pictures xD Brussels gig is still on my mind... And, it feels weird to know that Mika & the whole band are still on the road, miles away from here :'> Aaah I miss them.

Well, there was even no poster of Mika on the venue! Nowhere in Vienna...:dunno:

It's a pity...

It is ... half of me wants him to play smaller venues ... by choice ... not cos' that's all he can sell out ... and half of me wants him to be huge and play massive venues because everyone loves him :aah::(