Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love'

DerMoment1608

Seems like "Origin of love" is the new single in the UK!

Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love' - video

Mika has confirmed the title of his new single.

The singer will release 'Origin of Love' on December 3 as the second cut to be lifted from his recent album The Origin of Love.

The track was co-written by Mika, along with Pnau's Nick Littlemore and Paul Steel. Mika and Littlemore also produced the song, along with Greg Wells.

Mika's third studio album The Origin of Love has sold over 500,000 copies across Europe since its release back in September.

The star will embark on a headline tour of the UK next month, playing London's Roundhouse on December 13, Manchester's HMV Ritz on December 14 and Glasgow's O2 ABC on December 16

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a436670/mika-confirms-new-single-origin-of-love-video.html

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is weird that the second single in the UK is not the same everywhere...

I wish Mika had made out "TOOL" as a second single in France too (because I love this song :wub2: and I think it is more dynamic than UW) but Underwater sounds good on the french radios too :thumb_yello:

I'm confused, wasn't Lola going to be the second single in the UK? Or is it just another short film release starring Dita? :blink:

I don't think Lola was ever meant to be a single -- I think the film with Dita von Teese is the 3rd in the series of short films they're doing. :dunno:

I think it`s the best choice for his home country. "Celebrate" is perfect for the USA, and TOOL deserves to be released as a "home single".

The song is inventive, original and defiant enough to bring back all possible attention in the UK.

I think Origin would do well in the US, too -- I said that a while ago. But I guess we'll see if we even get a proper single release. I mean, technically Celebrate was released here in September but there was really no promo for it, at least not that I saw. And the only time I've heard it on the radio was when Mika was on Sirius BPM a few weeks ago when he was in NYC. Haven't heard it since. :blink:

Seems like "Origin of love" is the new single in the UK!

Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love' - video

Mika has confirmed the title of his new single.

The singer will release 'Origin of Love' on December 3 as the second cut to be lifted from his recent album The Origin of Love.

The track was co-written by Mika, along with Pnau's Nick Littlemore and Paul Steel. Mika and Littlemore also produced the song, along with Greg Wells.

Mika's third studio album The Origin of Love has sold over 500,000 copies across Europe since its release back in September.

The star will embark on a headline tour of the UK next month, playing London's Roundhouse on December 13, Manchester's HMV Ritz on December 14 and Glasgow's O2 ABC on December 16

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a436670/mika-confirms-new-single-origin-of-love-video.html

I love Origin Of Love, but hope there's a better video. Tbh, I don't like the short film they made for it.

But Origin is far more catchy than Celebrate. Although, my son said he thinks Mika should release Overrated, as he thinks that would really be a hit.

:wub2: Love OOL... I hope it will get airplay

I wish Mika had made out "TOOL" as a second single in France too (because I love this song :wub2: and I think it is more dynamic than UW) but Underwater sounds good on the french radios too :thumb_yello:

I've never heard UW on French radio, which worries me a bit, but your comment means it does get played..?

Also, does an english song typically do well in France?

I don't really understand your question, otherwise I'd be happy to answer

I've never heard UW on French radio, which worries me a bit, but your comment means it does get played..?

I heard it twice last Sunday when driving in France on RFM and 107,7 (radio des autoroutes). I screamed a little when I recognized the first notes and my husband thought that we were in danger :).

Also, does an english song typically do well in France?

It is working if there is a good rythm in the music :wink2:

Yes on RFM and NRJ :wink2:

I don't really understand your question, otherwise I'd be happy to answer

I know Q-music played it at least ONCE right when it was released but I don't know what has happened since then...

I heard it twice last Sunday when driving in France on RFM and 107,7 (radio des autoroutes). I screamed a little when I recognized the first notes and my husband thought that we were in danger :).

Yes on RFM and NRJ :wink2:

Thank you both for your answers :thumb_yello:

I was just checking some websites and indeed I found out it is occasionally played on NRJ. I want to hear it!! :boing:

Can't say I've heard Celebrate played in Australia a lot either, but strangely enough I did hear it in a furniture store last month whilst out shopping. Got some strange looks from the family and the salesman when I did a little freak out and started dancing.

I'm wondering what the next single for us is going to be.

I love Origin Of Love, but hope there's a better video. Tbh, I don't like the short film they made for it.

But Origin is far more catchy than Celebrate. Although, my son said he thinks Mika should release Overrated, as he thinks that would really be a hit.

I agree with your son, I think overrated could be a great hit. It's different, catchy and modern. It would definitley work.