New York! Start spreading the news and give us all the juicy details

of this gig please! :pray:

========

REPORTS

========

jknox1734: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27989

superstar: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897458&postcount=7

Danstokig: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897461&postcount=9

chimacuito: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897551&postcount=30

mariposa: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897943&postcount=53

nas:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897490&postcount=14

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897501&postcount=18

kreacher:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897995&postcount=54

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898002&postcount=55

========

PICTURES

========

jknox1734: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27989

superstar: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3897458&postcount=7

chimacuito: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201189696688709.1073741825.1359274806&type=1

Kreacher:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898751&postcount=57 part 1

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898752&postcount=58 part 2

Professional pics:

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Kristin-Chenoweth-Sings-Popular-Song-with-Mika-20130410

========

VIDEOS

========

chimacuito:

part 1

part 2 Edited by mari62
adding links - post 72

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Le) Poisson Rouge ‏@lprnyc 3h

Some nice lighting on stage for mikasounds tonight #LiveAtLPR

3bfce880a16511e2ada322000a1fbcdb_7.jpg

Julie Trussell ‏@julietrussell 18m

Holy ****!!!!!! @mika with @kchenoweth singing the POPULAR SONG. So effing good. pic.twitter.com/xkHBOmOwkP

BHdFSpDCUAAqVG8.jpg

Posted by @MarcMonster:

b897f458a17d11e2902122000a9e5160_7.jpg

Marc | Lady Gaga ‏@MarcMonster 1h

❤ @mikasounds

68eb2a9aa18911e2a5cd22000a1fb0b0_7.jpg

[YOUTUBE]dD_Ezg7QShI&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by BiaIchihara

Amazing show tonight. The opening DJs were alright. It started off a little weird but got better as they went. At the end i really liked them.

It was great seeing mika with Kristen chenoweth. Even without her there. It would have been phenomenal. I'll write more when I'm on an actual computer so went some pics for now.

post-24178-142983699578_thumb.jpg

post-24178-142983699603_thumb.jpg

post-24178-142983699628_thumb.jpg

Ok I want to start off by saying that tonight was the most fantastic concert (event, anything) I have ever been to.

The best way to describe this is that if I imagined my perfect concert, it would not have been as good as Mika at Le Poisson Rouge on April 9th.

Starting at the beginning: I ran (actually ran!) here from my class at 1:45pm, and the queue was about seven people, not too bad! Though doors were at seven the time went by quickly. We saw Curtis and Max hop of out of the car, but Mika must have gotten wise and entered the venue on the side door. We walked by and heard a little bit of sound check mid-afternoon. People kept walking by and asking what we were up to, but the best one was a guy who asked us who we were there to see. We replied “Mika,” and he was like “is that a medical condition?”

Yes, yes it is.

I know about the LPR 2009 debacle with entering and general mass chaos and luckily the venue did too. About half an hour before doors they came and checked everyone’s will-call reservation and scanned everyone’s tickets, so when doors officially opened we just walked straight through, walked down the stairs and cozied up to the tiniest most intimate stage, probably ever.

Some pics:

MFC Front row!

IMG_1330_zps970e611c.jpg

The stage setup:

IMG_1333_zpsa0c87e35.jpg

The wait for Curtis/Max double act, which I think we should rename “Curtis and Max Try Their Hands at Self-Indulgent DJ-ing For Way Too Long” seemed like it took forever. Which was probably good, because I needed time to adjust to the fact that their dead duck prop was RIGHT IN MY FACE and also I was insanely, grossly close to what was soon to be Mika. And definitely got a taste of this when I basically had to look straight up at Curtis and Max as they played their 30 minutes of 30-second iTunes samples—or that’s what it sounded like...No, no I’m being mean, I really did come to enjoy it. But I had to try pretty hard. They don’t really try to engage the crowd at all so you have to engage yourself, but honestly it was good to get my dancing warmed up before Mika.

(Curtis, Max and my duck friend)

IMG_1324_zps66974894.jpg

When they left the stage was cleared and the mic was set up not two feet from me. Don’t believe me?

IMG_1349_zpsfd3f5d8f.jpg

Ok, ok, so, Mika comes on by himself and sings Grace Kelly and is just bringing the house DOWN. Curtis and Max join him for Toy Boy, and that was when I could really tell that he was in a good mood. Like more of these shows he was really chatty. Some stuff that I remember: he talked about how they bought the $900 (Canadian money) DJ equipment before the show and C/M’s first set sounded like “David Lynch’s funeral music.” It later improved to resemble “house music in Harry Potter world” or something like that, but Mika thought they had improved enough to be an “act” by tonight. Honestly, I don’t think the two of them cared if anyone enjoyed it, haha.

(at the piano)

IMG_1336_zpscd4a1db9.jpg

He introduced SITM by saying that, while growing up he had taken tap dance classes. He’d always really wanted to be Gene Kelly (no, not Grace Kelly—he actually admitted to not knowing much about her!) so we should just imagine that Curtis and Max’s percussion was him tap dancing.

Origin was fantastic. After playing the song, Mika sked them to make it completely dark, and everyone closed their eyes. He said, “this time, I want you so scream “Love, love, love” like you’re the last person on earth, like it’s the only way you can find another living being” ... and when he counted us off the house went WILD. This venue was so small and it was hard to dance without hitting Mika (that small!!) but we managed it anyway.

Before Stardust, he noticed my cascarone on the stage (cascarone=egg shell filled with confetti). I handed it to him and he asked me what was in it but couildn’t hear when I said “confetti.” He leaned down and let me whisper it in his ear (ok, guise, I whispered in Mika’s ear, I did, that happened, no I can’t believe it either). He straightened up and said “oh, it’s a friendly egg!” then cracked it over Curtis’ head. Pretty perfect preface to Stardust—which has THE MOST INCREDIBLE ACOUSTIC RENDERING.

Kristen Chenoweth was there for Popular! What a surprise! She’s actually tiny so Mika had to lift her onto the piano and they sat there together to sing it. Good thing he printed out the lyrics, because she totally needed them :bleh: That being said, it was really fun and not something I expected!

(with Glinda herself!)

IMG_1362_zps285bbdc3.jpg

The staging of Underwater was incredible. All the lights were off except some sparse blue stage lights and one lone lightbulb that hung basically above our heads. As the song built, Mika would push the lightbulb so it would swing in a circle, illuminating his face for moments at a time.

No Century Man, but we did get Hia Leah.

I could go on about how he snubbed the really loud drunk lady that kept yelling, or how hot it was in there (he was dripping!), Mika-Curtis-Max’s three-part piano piece on SITM, but I want to develop the most incredible moment of the night for me, and that was Over My Shoulder. Everyone was quiet. The sheer power of Mika’s voice—how it crescendos on those long, held notes, how clear even the highest notes ring—I was blown away. Coupled with the Curtis’ melancholy melodica and Max’s quiet, tenuous harmony, it was the most beautiful song I have seen on a stage. And I was just feet away from it.

:wub2:

Afterwards, thanks to some AMAZING work by Deb (DEB!!!!) and Nas, MFC got ushered into a side room for a quick hand-shake and group photo with Mika. The photographer was with Mika, so Deb I hope he sends you the pic (Jerry said he would!). Of course I forgot to give him my gift, or get anything signed, but this is no surprise because it seems like I am always awestruck in the face of a god.

And it truly was the face of a god. If I didn’t know it before tonight sealed it. Tonight was the concert of my dreams. It was truly the best thing that has ever come to pass. I can’t articulate how lucky I feel to have that Mika shares this side of himself with us, and that I’ll get to share it again and again on Friday and Saturday.

Ok, I need to go wash the sweat and tears off myself.

Tonight was perfection.

And it truly was the face of a god. If I didn’t know it before tonight sealed it. Tonight was the concert of my dreams. It was truly the best thing that has ever come to pass. I can’t articulate how lucky I feel to have that Mika shares this side of himself with us, and that I’ll get to share it again and again on Friday and Saturday.

Tonight was perfection.

AWW! Thanks for your report, Kira!! It all sounds magical! Even though i already experienced this show twice, you made it sound so new and it makes me jealous! haha :aah: No, just kidding, kinda.

Happy you had a blast and that the MFC was able to get a m&g :clap:

Kira! :huglove:

Thank you for such an emotional, heart-felt report -- it's so vivid it makes me feel like I was there with you... and I was, for sure in spirit, if not in the flesh.

I'm so happy that everything worked out! And I'm sure I'll get the photo soon. Jerry is a gem. :wub2:

What a brilliant performance of Popular! And what a lovely surprise to invite Kristin Chenoweth on stage with him!

Origin was fantastic. After playing the song, Mika sked them to make it completely dark, and everyone closed their eyes. He said, “this time, I want you so scream “Love, love, love” like you’re the last person on earth, like it’s the only way you can find another living being” ... and when he counted us off the house went WILD.

Enjoyed reading your report very much, so detailed and full of emotions! Must have been a special gig!

I quoted my favorite part of your report. How amazing this must have been, hope we get to see a video of it. Love the way he described how he wanted you to sing the "love, love, love" part.

It's 3:20 am and I can't sleep even though I have a comfy spot on the train and no caffeine in my system.. Must be the Mika-effect :aah:

Kira did such a fantastic job with her report not sure what I can add, but here goes:

Q-ing was nice and low key (when I finally reached the venue after a prolonged trip down the same street but in the opposite direction) about 6 people were in front of me at 12:30 so not too shabby... If was really nice getting reacquainted and newly acquainted with MFCers :wub2: and the time flew! We were nervous about the chaos at the venue the last time but as Kira said, they were aware of them and worked hard to prevent a repeat (kudos LPR!!) loads of ppl would stop and ask us who/what we were waiting in line for so we made signs to preemt the questions XD lots of people didn't know who he was but the one out of every 4 person who did warmed our hearts!

The time flew by (aided by the great weather) and soon we were ushered into the hall painlessly. I don't know how to adequately describe my shock at how small the stage was :aah: the stage at my very rural high school was bigger!! We all got front row or second center and then spent the next hour literally sitting on the stage and contemplating stealing max's water which was just a hand reach away :aah:

The DJ set was a roller coaster of emotions! I made a top 10 list of probable reasons for its existence which I will post later, but half way through I was having a blast and working of a sweat :aah: if you can't beat em join em! They played some nice tunes after the DJ set and then the man himself bounded onstage ! It took me the whole of GK to really appreciate Mika was sitting 6 feet (literally!) from me with no barrier or significant elevation and singing his heart out :shocked: the sound was perfect and you could hear every note and see every facial nuance...just wow...

Some additional highlights of the songs:

-lollipop- an MFCer (Adrianna, sry I can't spell ur user name:aah:) had dressed up as a lollipop girl complete with a giant lollipop and he saw her and called her onstage halfway through the song!!

- underwater was fedodlgisgdudofj ...indescribable!! With the sole bulb lot above his head he held it like the ball of light in the video at some points and I thought that was a great bit of synchronicity...

My battery is dying so look out for more song notes and gig wrap up tomorrow!

Oh I am so glad to hear everything went well. The last LPR was the best gig I've ever been to and the true meaning of the word "intimate". It was even better than the points gig so Kira when you say it was the best experience of your life I know it's not only just fangurliness but what anyone would feel if they were there. It's like having a pajama party in your basement and your parents brought Mika over to be the entertainment.

Part of me did not want to go this time because I was afraid it could never be as magical as last time but I'm so glad you got to experience the same magic. Really really thrilled for you and thanks for your reports. :flowers2:

Looking forward to hearing Adriana's. She must be absolutely over the moon and she deserves it coming all this way for one gig. I was half expecting the entire audience to jump on stage because there is truly no barrier (not even a psychological one) but it sounds like it was very special for her. :wub2:

Turns out there was a plug RIGHT in front of my nose the whole time !! So be prepared to be bored by my further gushing :aah:

- hia Leah was moving and interesting but I would've preferred century man

- relax is my absolute favorite song, so to hear him sing it in this setting was :swoon:

- Kira's little egg was the perfect intro for stardust..

-All throughout the gig he had the audience doing his every bidding, and especially so during OOL.. He had all yes ALL the lights turned off and told us to close our eyes (I actually obeyed :aah:) and Mika talking to you in the pitch black in a suddenly hushed room (even if it wasn't his voice was all I could hear anyway) telling u to sing like ur in your bathroom and the last person alive is a never-to-be-forgotten experience...! When the room then shouted the lines it was just a beautiful moment of an artiste and his audience made partners :wub2:

-I really enjoyed SITM! He did like 4 seconds of actual tap dance moves and then sat back down :aah:

- when Kristin came on I screamed so loud I got an instant short lives headache :aah: the crowd went positively wild! They had real chemistry and she looked very happy to be there!

- over my shoulder left me speechless. I got goosebumps. And this after over an hour of performing and sweating so much his shirt became transparent. I was glad the room was mostly reverent during it..did I say it left me speechless?

During the queue I got a message from deb about arranging a m&g which I thought was such an awesome thing, especially since she wasn't even there! Thanks again Deb! :huglove: We had a fairly short wait and then were herded in for a quick group pic, some words, people gave him their presents, he shook everyone's hands and then we were out. It was short but sweet.

And thus ended what is now my best musical Mika gig :fangurl: it was worth the many many sacrifices I had to make to be there, and I loved how fans from South America, the Caribbean and Europe made the trip to experience it :wub2:

I have some great pics (for my phone ie) but no vids.. I'm sure there'll be loads though, the lady next to me videoed the ENTiRE gig and another guy behind her said he was doing the same so...fingers crossed!

Edited by nas

Ok I want to start off by saying that tonight was the most fantastic concert (event, anything) I have ever been to.

The best way to describe this is that if I imagined my perfect concert, it would not have been as good as Mika at Le Poisson Rouge on April 9th.

Starting at the beginning: I ran (actually ran!) here from my class at 1:45pm, and the queue was about seven people, not too bad! Though doors were at seven the time went by quickly. We saw Curtis and Max hop of out of the car, but Mika must have gotten wise and entered the venue on the side door. We walked by and heard a little bit of sound check mid-afternoon. People kept walking by and asking what we were up to, but the best one was a guy who asked us who we were there to see. We replied “Mika,” and he was like “is that a medical condition?”

Yes, yes it is.

I know about the LPR 2009 debacle with entering and general mass chaos and luckily the venue did too. About half an hour before doors they came and checked everyone’s will-call reservation and scanned everyone’s tickets, so when doors officially opened we just walked straight through, walked down the stairs and cozied up to the tiniest most intimate stage, probably ever.

Some pics:

MFC Front row!

IMG_1330_zps970e611c.jpg

The stage setup:

IMG_1333_zpsa0c87e35.jpg

The wait for Curtis/Max double act, which I think we should rename “Curtis and Max Try Their Hands at Self-Indulgent DJ-ing For Way Too Long” seemed like it took forever. Which was probably good, because I needed time to adjust to the fact that their dead duck prop was RIGHT IN MY FACE and also I was insanely, grossly close to what was soon to be Mika. And definitely got a taste of this when I basically had to look straight up at Curtis and Max as they played their 30 minutes of 30-second iTunes samples—or that’s what it sounded like...No, no I’m being mean, I really did come to enjoy it. But I had to try pretty hard. They don’t really try to engage the crowd at all so you have to engage yourself, but honestly it was good to get my dancing warmed up before Mika.

(Curtis, Max and my duck friend)

IMG_1324_zps66974894.jpg

When they left the stage was cleared and the mic was set up not two feet from me. Don’t believe me?

IMG_1349_zpsfd3f5d8f.jpg

Ok, ok, so, Mika comes on by himself and sings Grace Kelly and is just bringing the house DOWN. Curtis and Max join him for Toy Boy, and that was when I could really tell that he was in a good mood. Like more of these shows he was really chatty. Some stuff that I remember: he talked about how they bought the $900 (Canadian money) DJ equipment before the show and C/M’s first set sounded like “David Lynch’s funeral music.” It later improved to resemble “house music in Harry Potter world” or something like that, but Mika thought they had improved enough to be an “act” by tonight. Honestly, I don’t think the two of them cared if anyone enjoyed it, haha.

(at the piano)

IMG_1336_zpscd4a1db9.jpg

He introduced SITM by saying that, while growing up he had taken tap dance classes. He’d always really wanted to be Gene Kelly (no, not Grace Kelly—he actually admitted to not knowing much about her!) so we should just imagine that Curtis and Max’s percussion was him tap dancing.

Origin was fantastic. After playing the song, Mika sked them to make it completely dark, and everyone closed their eyes. He said, “this time, I want you so scream “Love, love, love” like you’re the last person on earth, like it’s the only way you can find another living being” ... and when he counted us off the house went WILD. This venue was so small and it was hard to dance without hitting Mika (that small!!) but we managed it anyway.

Before Stardust, he noticed my cascarone on the stage (cascarone=egg shell filled with confetti). I handed it to him and he asked me what was in it but couildn’t hear when I said “confetti.” He leaned down and let me whisper it in his ear (ok, guise, I whispered in Mika’s ear, I did, that happened, no I can’t believe it either). He straightened up and said “oh, it’s a friendly egg!” then cracked it over Curtis’ head. Pretty perfect preface to Stardust—which has THE MOST INCREDIBLE ACOUSTIC RENDERING.

Kristen Chenoweth was there for Popular! What a surprise! She’s actually tiny so Mika had to lift her onto the piano and they sat there together to sing it. Good thing he printed out the lyrics, because she totally needed them :bleh: That being said, it was really fun and not something I expected!

(with Glinda herself!)

IMG_1362_zps285bbdc3.jpg

The staging of Underwater was incredible. All the lights were off except some sparse blue stage lights and one lone lightbulb that hung basically above our heads. As the song built, Mika would push the lightbulb so it would swing in a circle, illuminating his face for moments at a time.

No Century Man, but we did get Hia Leah.

I could go on about how he snubbed the really loud drunk lady that kept yelling, or how hot it was in there (he was dripping!), Mika-Curtis-Max’s three-part piano piece on SITM, but I want to develop the most incredible moment of the night for me, and that was Over My Shoulder. Everyone was quiet. The sheer power of Mika’s voice—how it crescendos on those long, held notes, how clear even the highest notes ring—I was blown away. Coupled with the Curtis’ melancholy melodica and Max’s quiet, tenuous harmony, it was the most beautiful song I have seen on a stage. And I was just feet away from it.

:wub2:

Afterwards, thanks to some AMAZING work by Deb (DEB!!!!) and Nas, MFC got ushered into a side room for a quick hand-shake and group photo with Mika. The photographer was with Mika, so Deb I hope he sends you the pic (Jerry said he would!). Of course I forgot to give him my gift, or get anything signed, but this is no surprise because it seems like I am always awestruck in the face of a god.

Tonight was perfection.

AMAZING RECAP!!!!!! It was great to actually get to spend more time with you guys this time!!!! I'm still in lala mike daze.

I couldn't stop dancing and had such a great time! And so nice to meet you MFCers after show! Couldn't have had a better 20th birthday. Hope I will see you again very soon!:wink2:

Great meeting you! I'm glad you got to get in the pic with us!