BROOKLYN, NY USA - Music Hall Of Williamsburg Apr. 12 2013 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS

guylainem123

:usa:

Mika performed in Brooklyn tonight.

His special guest was Dita Von Teese

Come on MFCers ... we are waiting to hear all about your gig experience!!!

=======

REPORTS

=======

superstar http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898768&postcount=8

Christine http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898771&postcount=9

Natalie923 http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898870&postcount=33

Mariposa http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898901&postcount=37

77red http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898974&postcount=43

=======

PICTURES

=======

dcdeb http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3898781&postcount=14

Excellent pics from flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyniepixels/sets/72157633237277215/with/8647946316/

=======

VIDEOS

=======

dcdeb

=======

REVIEWS

=======

MIKA DAZZLES NYC WITH INTIMATE PERFORMANCE with pics

Mika at Music Hall of Williamsburg with pics

Concert Recap: Mika with pics

Edited by mari62
adding links - post 97

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bc53fd32a3dd11e293dd22000a1fb194_7.jpg

dcdeb ‏@dcdeb 55m

@mikasounds what a surprise Dita was! RT @dcdeb: Our special guest!

0afb5e32a3e611e2963d22000a1f9cad_7.jpg

Brian Centrone ‏@BrianCentrone 54m

Ms. Dita Von Teese and mikasounds #biggirls #youarebeautiful @mikasounds @mikafanclub

0deceffea3ee11e2bb3522000a1fb076_7.jpg

Travon Free ‏@Travon 39m

Just finished watching @mikasounds kill it in Brooklyn tonight. Terrible seats, I know. pic.twitter.com/zuJ9ImWy3B

BHtIfQQCcAIP-H8.jpg

@sprezzatura_

Best concert I've been to in a long time... #MIKA #acoustic #originoflove #biggirls #williamsburg #brooklyn #nyc #instagoo

http://instagram.com/p/YCBMGXr73D/#

b6956c4aa3f211e2830722000a1f9d75_7.jpg

Edited by BiaIchihara

:usa:

Mika performed in Brooklyn tonight.

His special guest was Dita Von Teese

Come on MFCers ... we are waiting to hear all about your gig experience!!!

Sorry we gots to eat!

Pics and more soon.

Delirium, delirium!

I'm laying on this couch and feeling my legs ache from hours of standing and shivering. This is pure physical exhaustion, but the best thing is that it does not matter, at all.

So I've never "hard-core" queue-d before--it's always been sunny and pleasant, no matter the length. Today in Brooklyn when we arrive at the venue around 2pm, it was rainy, windy and bitingly cold. The levels of rain and wind oscillated as the wait continued but, let's just say, it was completely miserable and there were times when I almost thought to myself, "is this going to be worth it?"

And, god, what a stupid question that was. IT WAS SO ****ING WORTH IT

After funnelling the queue through a barrier maze and into the basement bar (ha, yes we were scared) they allowed us into the venue. I was in front, center, basically looking up Mika's nose (but unfortunately unable to see him when seated at the piano). We've pretty much established that after Max and Curtis come on it's all the same...like, no way they're DJing anything up there other than pressing "play" :mf_rosetinted: Ha, and the music before the show is also the same. And then the lights go off........

Mika was ebullient. I have never seen him with this much energy, charisma or spontaneity. Indy and I were in front in our cute dresses and crowns--and as Mika (clad in the green Jools Holland suit) said, "I dressed up for you guys tonight...just like the tiara girls in the front" --ok, it wasn't that, but you get the sentiment :wub2:

CAN I JUST CUT TO THE CHASE HERE: HE DID HAPPY ENDING AND LOLA WITHOUT A MIC AND, LET ME, I, THERE'S NO WAY TO EXPRESS how lucky I felt, how undeserving, how utterly COMPLETED it is to be standing directly below your favorite singer and having his words spill over you and engulf you. It was like being Mika's bedroom floor--the honesty which is afforded by liberation from a microphone. His manner of singing is different, he changed the lyrics more freely and let certain notes crescendo unexpectedly and beautifully. Yes, I was crying.

(I just want to articulate once more how wonderful a thing it is to be a Mika fan, especially a Mika fan who gets to experience this tour, especially seeing this show three times. The intimacy of being serenaded without a microphone, without inhibition, is an incomparable event, and how GRATEFUL I AM that he shares this side of his talent with us cannot be expressed!)

Also, sorry, because I know this has got to be hard to read if you can't experience the micles singing. But, it leaves you speechless and covered in tears. God,

Other highlights: Dita's intro to Big Girl was really interesting, especially from the front row...how to react to a strip tease?? But the crowd absolutely ate it up!

He played Make You Happy (by request) near the end of the set, and had Indy look up lyrics on her phone, which coincidentally didn't have service. He was singing and harassing her with-eyes to hurry-the-****-up and find words for him, but when a girl in the 2nd row handed him her phone with the lyrics pulled up it was clear he didn't really need them :naughty:

Mika was explaining about his LEBANESE grandmother, and then how inappropriate it was to segue into "Love You When I'm Drunk," haha

He came out and signed as he exited the venue. My sister got her Oakland picture signed, and I didn't get to talk to him but he was clearly in a good mood, all night too

The vibe of it, even though it wasn't a synagogue, was really incredible. He had us eating out of his hand on the acapella performances. I mean, imagine this fairly spacey hall with balconies, completely silent and standing in awe.

Ok I'm clearly really exhausted and no longer coherent, but hopefully someone can elucidate the events of tonight more clearly than I. Indy and I are getting up in a couple hours to catch a bus to Boston, and I cannot say enough how grateful I am to be doing this all again tomorrow

It's always worth it!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!!

Edited by superstar

Nothing is going to top DC for me any time soon but another great great gig. It's a rainy cold night in NYC and I've already got a cold so no queuing until 6:30 pm but I got a great spot in front of the piano behind some very short girls! :naughty:

Just some random thoughts...

The sound was again fantastic and I just can't get over how great Mika's voice is after 16 days of touring. He did Hia Leah and it was even more beautiful than it sounds on the videos. He actually didn't sing the words "Hia Leah" at all and substituted it with Williamsburg throughout. He complained at the beginning that Williamsburg sounded too ugly (? I think was the word he used). So he played around with different pronunciations and also used "W Burg" and "Brooklyn" in parts.

Mika was just generally in a playful mood and seemed quite happy. I felt more like he was acting/being theatrical than really emotional in his performances tonight but it was playful and fun and suited my own mood and I really enjoyed it. The crowd was so different from the typical NYC crowds even though we were only 15 minutes from Manhattan. We were surrounded by men. I have never seen so many men at a Mika gig, especially at the front. And just a generally diverse crowd. Everyone around me was really chilled out, there was plenty of space to dance.

I am not Dita's biggest fan so was not particularly excited when we saw her arrive and realized she would be the special guest. But I must admit I got quite the kick out of her performance and it made the tired Big Girl entertaining for the first time in a long time.

Mika went off mic again for a bit of Happy Ending and all of Lola. I don't know if it was because I'd seen it or because of the venue but it wasn't quite as magical as at the synagogue but still incredibly impressive as you can imagine. I've actually seen Michael Buble do this in arenas of 20,000 people so it would be pretty cool if Mika added this to his repertoire, even if only occassionally so many fans get a chance to experience it.

He did Make You Happy which I have never heard before. I was so thrilled as this was probably my last chance to ever hear it. This has always been one of my top 3 songs on the album and the acoustic version is brilliant. He was hesitant to do it because he forgets the lyrics and requested someone look them up online and give their mobile to him. It didn't help though and actually seemed to cause him to repeat the same verse twice. :teehee:

Mika took the iPad out as a guide and I thought perhaps we were going to get to hear something new like Bonnie & Clyde but...err...it was Relax. :blink::naughty: I don't think I've ever been to a gig in all these years where Mika has not performed Relax and yet I swear I saw him reading the whole first and second verses from the iPad. He's so funny. :naughty:

Met some fun people even during the brief time in the queue and it was great to see Mariposa for the first time in many years and meet Miri on their first trip here. And as always it was great to see my favourite girls Kira and Indy. We went out for a late dinner and I hope Mika makes a regular habit of coming to New York so we can do it again soon.

It's been so wonderful having Mika here to do these special shows. I feel really lucky to have had the chance to be part of it.

Delirium, delirium!

I'm laying on this couch and feeling my legs ache from hours of standing and shivering. This is pure physical exhaustion, but the best thing is that it does not matter, at all.

So I've never "hard-core" queue-d before--it's always been sunny and pleasant, no matter the length. Today in Brooklyn when we arrive at the venue around 2pm, it was rainy, windy and bitingly cold. The levels of rain and wind oscillated as the wait continued but, let's just say, it was completely miserable and there were times when I almost thought to myself, "is this going to be worth it?"

After funnelling the queue through a barrier maze and into the basement bar (ha, yes we were scared) they allowed us into the venue. I was in front, center, basically looking up Mika's nose (but unfortunately unable to see him when seated at the piano). We've pretty much established that after Max and Curtis come on it's all the same...like, no way they're DJing anything up there other than pressing "play" :mf_rosetinted: Ha, and the music before the show is also the same. And then the lights go off........

Mika was ebullient. I have never seen him with this much energy, charisma or spontaneity. Indy and I were in front in our cute dresses and crowns--and as Mika (clad in the green Jools Holland suit) said, "I dressed up for you guys tonight...just like the tiara girls in the front" --ok, it wasn't that, but you get the sentiment :wub2:

CAN I JUST CUT TO THE CHASE HERE: HE DID HAPPY ENDING AND LOLA WITHOUT A MIC AND, LET ME, I, THERE'S NO WAY TO EXPRESS how lucky I felt, how undeserving, how utterly COMPLETED it is to be standing directly below your favorite singer and having his words spill over you and engulf you. It was like being Mika's bedroom floor--the honesty which is afforded by liberation from a microphone. His manner of singing is different, he changed the lyrics more freely and let certain notes crescendo unexpectedly and beautifully. Yes, I was crying.

(I just want to articulate once more how wonderful a thing it is to be a Mika fan, especially a Mika fan who gets to experience this tour, especially seeing this show three times. The intimacy of being serenaded without a microphone, without inhibition, is an incomparable event, and how GRATEFUL I AM that he shares this side of his talent with us cannot be expressed!)

Also, sorry, because I know this has got to be hard to read if you can't experience the micles singing. But, it leaves you speechless and covered in tears. God,

Other highlights: Dita's intro to Big Girl was really interesting, especially from the front row...how to react to a strip tease?? But the crowd absolutely ate it up!

He played Make You Happy (by request) near the end of the set, and had Indy look up lyrics on her phone, which coincidentally didn't have service. He was singing and harassing her with-eyes to hurry-the-****-up and find words for him, but when a girl in the 2nd row handed him her phone with the lyrics pulled up it was clear he didn't really need them :naughty:

Mika was explaining about his Russian grandmother, and then how inappropriate it was to segue into "Love You When I'm Drunk," haha

He came out and signed as he exited the venue. My sister got her Oakland picture signed, and I didn't get to talk to him but he was clearly in a good mood, all night too

The vibe of it, even though it wasn't a synagogue, was really incredible. He had us eating out of his hand on the acapella performances. I mean, imagine this fairly spacey hall with balconies, completely silent and standing in awe.

Ok I'm clearly really exhausted and no longer coherent, but hopefully someone can elucidate the events of tonight more clearly than I. Indy and I are getting up in a couple hours to catch a bus to Boston, and I cannot say enough how grateful I am to be doing this all again tomorrow

It's always worth it!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!!

Aww Kira I always enjoy reading your reports! Have fun in Boston!

Thank you for the amazing reports Kira and Christine! I wish i couldve been there with you and meet you again! Im so glad you had a great time and that he did unplugged songs :wub2: im also jealous because you saw Dita, ithink shes fabulous! If he goes to nyc again soon i promise well meet :naughty:

Thanks for your report, Kira! Sounds amazing. Like, my heart hurts!

I 100% feel you on this. I've been feeling this this whole tour. After my shows and after hearing about the recent shows! I feel so lucky to have him share his songs with us the way he has been this tour.

These last few shows have sounded magical. Mika did the end of happy ending with no mic in SF and I almost passed out. I can't imagine how I'd handle a whole song.:aah:

Ah! Have fun tomorrow!!!

Too tired to write much, and really, what could I add to Kira's comprehensive and ebullient report?

So just some photos for now -- the Hia Leah video is processing and I'll post it later.

529085_10152711084820321_2130446930_n.jpg

58063_10152711084830321_2050227945_n.jpg

555947_10152711084825321_1490613810_n.jpg

544770_10152711084930321_360756969_n.jpg

547484_10152711085090321_424942582_n.jpg

480175_10152711085130321_317680925_n.jpg

It was like being Mika's bedroom floor--the honesty which is afforded by liberation from a microphone. His manner of singing is different, he changed the lyrics more freely and let certain notes crescendo unexpectedly and beautifully.

Yes. This.

This was what I found so incredibly amazing about these performances. It's obvious that it's preferable to hear someone sing directly and not through sound altering equipment. But I could have never imagined how stepping away from the microphone would transform Mika's performances so dramatically. Especially since this didn't happen at the points gig and it's interesting how he seems more liberated and honest performing for a relatively large group in a public venue than in a small private gig.

This sounds like yet another special gig!! Hope we get to find lots of vids, especially of the performances without a mic.

Also what a cool surprise that Dita was the special guest!

Delirium, delirium!

Mika was explaining about his Russian grandmother, and then how inappropriate it was to segue into "Love You When I'm Drunk," haha

It's always worth it!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!!

Awesome!! Love reading your reports, always so full of enthusiasm. Enjoy Boston!

The songs are not entirely a capella by the way. In fact I think there were even drums in Stardust (at the DC show) which is actually one of the most powerful moments for me. I don't know how many times I've thought to myself (and I'm sure even posted on MFC) that at the first gig I saw in March 2007 I was sure that Mika could have sung several of the songs without a microphone because his voice was so powerful and the room was the right size. I can't believe there was a chance to do it all these years later and it's better than I imagined.

no wonder then if tons of European fans wanted to rush and see this NA tour! :naughty:

I so wish I was there, I'm 99% sure we'll never witness this here.

Mika, prove me wrong :pray:

Yeah, Please Mika, we're begging you :pray:

Thanks for the reports,pics and vid! :flowers2: I like Dita very much,and I'm glad she was the special guest,and not Pharrell :thumb_yello: (as the rumors were yesterday)

Russian grandmother? :shocked: I've missed something??

no wonder then if tons of European fans wanted to rush and see this NA tour! :naughty:

I so wish I was there, I'm 99% sure we'll never witness this here.

Mika, prove me wrong :pray:

Exactly my thoughts. I'm saying that since the US tour started. I don't want to be pessimistic but I'm sure of that :sad:

Yeah, Please Mika, we're begging you :pray:

I think MIKAs European fans will feel forever poor - missing these utterly special and magical performances, which he now so generously shares with his US fans :doh: So YES!! let's hope and pray he'll do the same here later this year :wub2:

Thanks a lot for detailed and happy reports, even you're deadly tired after this mindblowing experiences - you're all fantastic fans !!:wub2: And the photos are sooo beautiful - how can anyone be that gorgeous?! :aah::wub2:

Love,love

me

Thanks for the reports,pics and vid! :flowers2: I like Dita very much,and I'm glad she was the special guest,and not Pharrell :thumb_yello: (as the rumors were yesterday)

Russian grandmother? :shocked: I've missed something??

For all we know, he might have a Russian grandma, this generation were often immigrants - moving between the countries. Or it might be his old Russian piano teacher he talks about ? :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me