BROOKLYN, NY USA - Music Hall Of Williamsburg Apr. 12 2013 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS

guylainem123

I was thrilled when he came out in the green suit. It has such nostalgic value for me and he looked great. Love the pics and love when he used the light overhead for Underwater. It captured all the drama of the video without the silliness.

I agree about the suit -- that performance on Jools Holland, where Mika originally wore it, is one of my all-time faves, so to see the suit in person was like :shocked: followed by :wub2:

And he used the light in both Philly and this show -- and try as I might I just couldn't capture a good photo. It created such a dramatic feeling, except when the light swung around and nearly bonked him in the head. :teehee:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he used the light in both Philly and this show -- and try as I might I just couldn't capture a good photo. It created such a dramatic feeling, except when the light swung around and nearly bonked him in the head. :teehee:

Is there any vid of Underwater from this show,or from Philadelphia?

http://www.localbozo.com/2013/04/mika-at-music-hall-of-williamsburg-a-localbozo-com-concert-review/

A sea of pop hungry men and women filled the Music Hall of Williamsburg for one man dressed in a green crushed velvet suit that resembled either “Oz The Great and Powerful” or the winner of the Masters golf tournament. The man in question wasn’t any of these aforementioned larger than life personas, but actually standing before us was mega popular crooner Mika. On this evening, Mika would take a rare step away from his typically grandiose performance settings and strip it down for an intimate performance for a completely sold out crowd of Brooklynites.

Shortly after 10pm the lights went out and a few sparse flash bulbs filled the air above the stage. In a thunderous applause Mika jumped out front with a huge grin on his face while his band of two in matching suspenders followed in toe. The singer-songwriter wasted nary a moment to sit down at a large black grand piano and welcome in the very special evening. Giving the audience literally everything they could possible want from the get go, Mika busted right into “Grace Kelly,” perhaps the artist’s most well known hit to date.

The young singer tickled the ivories and belted out the lyrics like it was second nature. Mika has been often compared to the late Freddie Mercury with his magnetic persona which is attention grabbing enough to immediately make you a believer. From the jump off, the rabid audience was primed and would be treated to a barrage of fun sing-a-long favorites like “Toy Boy,” “Lollipop,” and the highlight of the performance for us- “Blue Eyes,” which almost requires audience participation and even some dancing. Throughout this particular song Mika himself could be found dancing at his piano before running to the very edge of the stage to open his jacket ala Superman.

During and even in between songs Mika would stand at center stage conducting the audience like a southern preacher spreading the virtues of all things pop music. The overstuffed set rolled on with treats like “Billy Brown” and the very tongue in cheek “Popular Song.” This became another choice nugget digested by the wildly excitable crowd on hand. Meanwhile, “Love You When I’m Drunk” played brilliantly to a collection of fans who had likely imbibed plenty of spirits before the late start of this show. The fun and energetic set only continued to fuel Mika the man himself, whose stage presence and penchant for live performing would be felt long after we left Williamsburg Brooklyn behind us.

96437686.png

88759528.png

21181267.png

http://www.localbozo.com/2013/04/mika-at-music-hall-of-williamsburg-a-localbozo-com-concert-review/

A sea of pop hungry men and women filled the Music Hall of Williamsburg for one man dressed in a green crushed velvet suit that resembled either “Oz The Great and Powerful” or the winner of the Masters golf tournament. The man in question wasn’t any of these aforementioned larger than life personas, but actually standing before us was mega popular crooner Mika. On this evening, Mika would take a rare step away from his typically grandiose performance settings and strip it down for an intimate performance for a completely sold out crowd of Brooklynites.

Shortly after 10pm the lights went out and a few sparse flash bulbs filled the air above the stage. In a thunderous applause Mika jumped out front with a huge grin on his face while his band of two in matching suspenders followed in toe. The singer-songwriter wasted nary a moment to sit down at a large black grand piano and welcome in the very special evening. Giving the audience literally everything they could possible want from the get go, Mika busted right into “Grace Kelly,” perhaps the artist’s most well known hit to date.

The young singer tickled the ivories and belted out the lyrics like it was second nature. Mika has been often compared to the late Freddie Mercury with his magnetic persona which is attention grabbing enough to immediately make you a believer. From the jump off, the rabid audience was primed and would be treated to a barrage of fun sing-a-long favorites like “Toy Boy,” “Lollipop,” and the highlight of the performance for us- “Blue Eyes,” which almost requires audience participation and even some dancing. Throughout this particular song Mika himself could be found dancing at his piano before running to the very edge of the stage to open his jacket ala Superman.

During and even in between songs Mika would stand at center stage conducting the audience like a southern preacher spreading the virtues of all things pop music. The overstuffed set rolled on with treats like “Billy Brown” and the very tongue in cheek “Popular Song.” This became another choice nugget digested by the wildly excitable crowd on hand. Meanwhile, “Love You When I’m Drunk” played brilliantly to a collection of fans who had likely imbibed plenty of spirits before the late start of this show. The fun and energetic set only continued to fuel Mika the man himself, whose stage presence and penchant for live performing would be felt long after we left Williamsburg Brooklyn behind us.

96437686.png

88759528.png

21181267.png

Thank you Daniela for a positive review, there really has been many lately ... :thumb_yello:- followed by more lovely pics in this beautiful green velvet suit, which I like sooo much :wub2:

Love,love

me

I remember those green trousers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um2vRmzwpIA

I remember that body too, when he could fill out those trousers properly. They are practically falling off him now. :aah:

A sea of pop hungry men and women filled the Music Hall of Williamsburg for one man dressed in a green crushed velvet suit that resembled either “Oz The Great and Powerful” or the winner of the Masters golf tournament.

It's not crushed velvet.

They were still requesting folks to not video in Philadelphia, and I don't think I've seen one video from that show on youtube yet. I can hardly believe people were so compliant!

I haven't seen any of Underwater from this show yet, either. :dunno:

This video has about 20 secs of Underwater at the beginning... and snippets of the rest of the show too.

[YOUTUBE]xsQxYz3qR6U[/YOUTUBE]

Here's Underwater although it doesn't quite capture the mood or the subtleties of the lighting on amateur video.

This video has about 20 secs of Underwater at the beginning... and snippets of the rest of the show too.

Thank you! :flowers2: Very nice moment :wub2: But he was reading the lyrics for MYH from a phone?

But he was reading the lyrics for MYH from a phone?

People requested the song and he said he didn't want to do it because he always messes up the lyrics. He said he would do it if someone looked up the lyrics and gave it to him on their phone and there was much messing about in the audience with a couple of people trying to get the lyrics. In the meantime he already sang the first verse and then he gets the phone and you see him scrolling through the lyrics, which just causes him to sing the first verse over again because he didn't scroll down fast enough. He gave up and put the phone down.

I don't know why he doesn't have everything available on the ipad. :blink:

People requested the song and he said he didn't want to do it because he always messes up the lyrics. He said he would do it if someone looked up the lyrics and gave it to him on their phone and there was much messing about in the audience with a couple of people trying to get the lyrics. In the meantime he already sang the first verse and then he gets the phone and you see him scrolling through the lyrics, which just causes him to sing the first verse over again because he didn't scroll down fast enough. He gave up and put the phone down.

I don't know why he doesn't have everything available on the ipad. :blink:

because he is Mika :wink2:

:floor:

Prefixmag.com

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/mika-music-hall-of-williamsburg-nyc-pics/#photo-1

the photographer posts them to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenami/tags/mika/

and his tumbler

http://kenami.tumblr.com/post/48141558273/concert-recap-mika

some of them.

DSC05902.jpg

DSC05951.jpg

DSC05953.jpg

DSC06002.jpg

DSC06057.jpg

DSC06191.jpg

DSC06241.jpg

DSC06276.jpg

DSC06405.jpg

Okay I'm a bit slow but I only just found out about this... And yes, I'm fangurling...

Yes I spotted Zachary Quinto leaving after the show. No one else was as excited as I was. :teehee:

:shocked:

OMG, I'm so jealous!

Maan I'm more excited Zachary was there than Dita ! :aah: I think he's amazing! :wub2: though I know him from American horror story not Star Trek ...

AHS is awesome!!! So is Star Trek... and Heroes... :fangurl:

Goodness! Based on the angle if ZQ's shot, he was standing next to/near me on the railings. I need to look around my surroundings more! I was too focused on mika! Haha

ohreally_zps30d922c1.gif

Look around girl!

AHS is awesome!!! So is Star Trek... and Heroes... :fangurl:

ohreally_zps30d922c1.gif

Look around girl!

:naughty:

i have it on myy list to watch...before the next one comes out :aah: i've always been more of a star wars girl so...:teehee:

YouTube VIDEOS : uploaded by a user http://www.youtube.com/user/allankings/

Happy Ending

[YOUTUBE]xJb2vrP2jyY[/YOUTUBE]

Make You Happy

[YOUTUBE]tWPQ3YH6sxo[/YOUTUBE]

Lora

[YOUTUBE]DEei2WaOH5g[/YOUTUBE]

Drunk

[YOUTUBE]yuIF69pRsB0[/YOUTUBE]

Blue Eyes

[YOUTUBE]qPohGvrQx24[/YOUTUBE]

Big Girl with Dita