BROOKLYN, NY USA - Music Hall Of Williamsburg Apr. 12 2013 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems Mr. Spock from Star Trek (aka Zachary Quinto) attended this show too :biggrin2:
(it's Mika's stage set, isn't it? I see the light bulb :naughty:)

How come Mika has so many famous fans/friends (Dita, Katy, Guylaine, Perez, Adele, Louboutin etc.) yet he isn't that famous himself? :aah:

Yes I spotted Zachary Quinto leaving after the show. No one else was as excited as I was. :teehee:

Yes I spotted Zachary Quinto leaving after the show. No one else was as excited as I was. :teehee:

You are still excited as we can see with your double post :teehee:.

Thank you for your beautiful vid of Williamsburg :wink2:

Thank you all for your reports and pics

The Dita effect . . .

/

She so makes me question my sexuality. :blush-anim-cl:

Lord, I never thought I could say this, but how I'd like to be american right now. Or you know, live in that continent instead of good old Europe which doesn't get to see this tour....:crossed: And Zachary Quinto.

It seems Mr. Spock from Star Trek (aka Zachary Quinto) attended this show too :biggrin2:

How come Mika has so many famous fans/friends (Dita, Katy, Guylaine, Perez, Adele, Louboutin etc.) yet he isn't that famous himself? :aah:

:blink::shocked::blush-anim-cl::naughty::aah:

i never thought my name would be squeezed between Katy & Perez :swoon:

Milda, i'm a down to earth famous person... if you want my autograph, just call my people :naughty:

:lmfao:

:blink::shocked::blush-anim-cl::naughty::aah:

i never thought my name would be squeezed between Katy & Perez :swoon:

Milda, i'm a down to earth famous person... if you want my autograph, just call my people :naughty:

:lmfao:

Well of course you are there, how could you not be? :shocked: You are the famous Guylaine after all :naughty: You know, even Lady Gaga didn't made the cut on my list :mf_rosetinted:

An autograph? That would be a dream come true :swoon:

Maan I'm more excited Zachary was there than Dita ! :aah: I think he's amazing! :wub2: though I know him from American horror story not Star Trek ...

Thanks for all the pics and reports guys, they were much appreciated!! :huglove:

This looks really cool! It fits for the song, and it's a great idea to add something new to BG, he has done it so many times. BG seems to be one of his biggest hits in the US?

I guess because it was based on the Butterfly Lounge there is always going to be an American connection with this song. The director of the documentary was at the LA show in 2009.

I don't know why he can't do similar shows in Europe again. There are perfect churches around for that purpuse as well :teehee: He should have these shows in the UK ,too, which is a most convenient destination for his European fans and it would be a perfect tool to help rebuild or, rather, build his reputation as a great singer with a marked difference from the rest.

I still think there is a lot to be said for the high energy shows especially if you are a younger fan and in the throes of Mika fever. :naughty: But these shows were truly spectacular and I can't imagine even his harshest critics could not admit he is exceptionally talented if they were being honest with themselves. I wonder if that jackass who slagged him off for lipsynching in 2009 received an invite. :shun:

I think more shows like this, even in Europe, are inevitable especially as Mika gets older. Even if the venues are larger the shows can still be stripped down and all about the music. I don't think it's just good luck that Mika's voice not only held out but actually went from strength to strength over the course of a densely packed 17 date tour. It seems to agree with him not to be expending crazy amounts of physical energy on stage every night. For me deciding on dates has always been a toss up between getting him at the beginning for peak vocal performances and getting him at the end when the show is more evolved and entertaining. I'm glad I chose the latter this time since there was no compromise at all on the vocal performances and in fact they were some of his best ever.

Yes sorry I just wasn't impressed. :teehee:

I was thrilled when he came out in the green suit. It has such nostalgic value for me and he looked great. Love the pics and love when he used the light overhead for Underwater. It captured all the drama of the video without the silliness.

I was thrilled when he came out in the green suit. It has such nostalgic value for me and he looked great. Love the pics and love when he used the light overhead for Underwater. It captured all the drama of the video without the silliness.

Oh I really can imagine that - it must have been sooo fantastic, you're so lucky to have been in the middle of all this :thumb_yello:

The funny thing is that the green suit he wears here, looks exactely like the clothes we had in our young days, in the 70ies - real nostalgie, just to watch it :blush-anim-cl:

Once again: A huge thank you - to you, and everybody else who has shared sooo much with all us fans "at home": great vids, beautiful pics - personal and lovely reports, press reviews etc - it means so much - and I'm extremely thankful for these happy days, being able to follow it all at MFC!! :thumb_yello: You are all wonderful - THANK YOU !!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

I guess because it was based on the Butterfly Lounge there is always going to be an American connection with this song. The director of the documentary was at the LA show in 2009.

I knew the song had an American connection and had heard the story about Butterfly Lounge, and I still never really realized how strong the connection is or how popular the song is in the US, I was somehow surprised. BG a good and entertaining high energy song and has a place on the set list, but it's not that particular song I personally would scream and ask him to perform (personally I prefer songs like LT) like the California audience did.

I think more shows like this, even in Europe, are inevitable especially as Mika gets older. Even if the venues are larger the shows can still be stripped down and all about the music. I don't think it's just good luck that Mika's voice not only held out but actually went from strength to strength over the course of a densely packed 17 date tour. It seems to agree with him not to be expending crazy amounts of physical energy on stage every night. For me deciding on dates has always been a toss up between getting him at the beginning for peak vocal performances and getting him at the end when the show is more evolved and entertaining. I'm glad I chose the latter this time since there was no compromise at all on the vocal performances and in fact they were some of his best ever.

That must be true, and we have something lovely to look forward to :naughty: Totally agree about his voice, I saw four gigs and his voice was so strong show after show :wub2:

Thanks for finding the pics, Eriko! :flowers2: Gorgeous!

Edited by tiibet

:teehee:

Just one video of Big Girl? I'd like to see Dita's performance better.

Edit: just found another one:

[YOUTUBE]EtKIQJ8OwTY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by krysady

Goodness! Based on the angle if ZQ's shot, he was standing next to/near me on the railings. I need to look around my surroundings more! I was too focused on mika! Haha