BROOKLYN, NY USA - Music Hall Of Williamsburg Apr. 12 2013 - REPORTS / PICS / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Lucky Lucky Lucky NA fans!

I will never stop to say that! Amazing...cappella songs...small venue...heaven!

Thank you SOOOO much for the reports! I'm out of words really...:mikalove:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People can have 2 Grandmothers though- I do!

In any case Kira meant to say Lebanese as Mika's Lebanese grandmother was in the audience and that's who he was referring to. He was very specific about it and she gave a little wave.

Thanks for the reports,pics and vid! :flowers2: I like Dita very much,and I'm glad she was the special guest,and not Pharrell :thumb_yello: (as the rumors were yesterday)

Russian grandmother? :shocked: I've missed something??

:shocked: Heuu I want to understand.... I'm lost!:aah:

Thans a lot for pics and videos:wub2:

Thanks for all the reports everyone! i'm so glad the queuing in the rain was worth it (as if queuing for Mika ever wouldn't be worth it xD)

In any case Kira meant to say Lebanese as Mika's Lebanese grandmother was in the audience and that's who he was referring to. He was very specific about it and she gave a little wave.

awwww that's so sweet :mikalove: i love how she (his whole family really) supports him and comes out to the shows and stuff

It was such a fun gig! Mika's jokes and quips were adorable! It was great to say hi to you guys afterwards! Sorry I had to leave early, the bf was getting cranky. note to self: only go to mika concerts with mfcers. But all in all, it was a great gig and I already miss mika! :mikadas::wub2::teehee:

Hia Leah Williamsburg-style

[YOUTUBE]GDCOiFJsTd0[/YOUTUBE]

The only video I took.

I was standing next to an extremely tall (like, taller than Mika) man who partially or totally blocked my view whenever Mika stood at the microphone. This was only an issue when I wanted to record Make You Happy, as I just couldn't do it without getting this guy's head or entire back in the way. :sneaky2:

On the other hand, he seemed to be a big fan and was recording a lot, including Make You Happy. I wanted to ask him if he would put it on youtube, but he left before I could -- but let's hope he (or someone else) does, because it was beautiful. :wub2:

Edited by dcdeb

Hia Leah Williamsburg-style

[YOUTUBE]GDCOiFJsTd0[/YOUTUBE]

The only video I took.

I was standing next to an extremely tall (like, taller than Mika) and extremely wide (like 3X Mika) man who partially or totally blocked my view whenever Mika stood at the microphone. This was only an issue when I wanted to record Make You Happy, as I just couldn't do it without getting this guy's head or entire back in the way. :sneaky2:

On the other hand, he seemed to be a big fan and was recording the a lot, including Make You Happy. I wanted to ask him if he would put it on youtube, but he left before I could -- but let's hope he (or someone else) does, because it was beautiful. :wub2:

Thank you Deb! It's lovely :wub2:

And hope that someone will put "Make You Happy" on YT...The last time, in LA, the performance was sooo good and really touching :blush-anim-cl:

i wonder what she thinks of her grandson's success :naughty:

Waking up this morning it all feels like a dream to me. Yesterday's gig felt very special to me. Mika was so charming and spontaneous. Loved seeing him so much at ease.

Hearing him sing parts of HE and Lola without a mic gave me goosebumps all over my body and moved me to tears. Yes, I usually don't cry at a Mika gig - But this was just so intense. <3 I never would have expected him to do this again after DC- So now I feel so blessed that I had a chance to see this gig.

Dita's intro to "Big girl" was pretty amazing. I actually loved it. It suited the song so well and made it extra-special.

MYH was more than beautiful, too. Yes, Mika made us happy. :wub2:

And I gotta say that after hearing it live twice I am in love with Hia Leah. :wub2: Never would have expected that as I wasn't such a fan of this song when I first got to hear it.

Thank you to the beautiful MFCers we spent the day with: Kira, Indy, Deb and Christine. :wub2: I was really enjoying this.

Last day sightseeing for us in NYC today...This little adventure is almost over. Loved NYC, loved the two Mika shows, loved everything. There's one thing for sure: I will never forget this week. :wub2:

Edited by mariposa

It seems Mr. Spock from Star Trek (aka Zachary Quinto) attended this show too :biggrin2:

(it's Mika's stage set, isn't it? I see the light bulb :naughty:)

How come Mika has so many famous fans/friends (Dita, Katy, Guylaine, Perez, Adele, Louboutin etc.) yet he isn't that famous himself? :aah:

Dita's Intro to Big Girl! [YOUTUBE]Rn7YK1V2FCY[/YOUTUBE]

This looks really cool! It fits for the song, and it's a great idea to add something new to BG, he has done it so many times. BG seems to be one of his biggest hits in the US?

58063_10152711084830321_2050227945_n.jpg

I LOVE this green suit!

Waking up this morning it all feels like a dream to me. Yesterday's gig felt very special to me. Mika was so charming and spontaneous. Loved seeing him so much at ease.

Hearing him sing parts of HE and Lola without a mic gave me goosebumps all over my body and moved me to tears. Yes, I usually don't cry at a Mika gig - But this was just so intense. <3 I never would have expected him to do this again after DC- So now I feel so blessed that I had a chance to see this gig.

Dita's intro to "Big girl" was pretty amazing. I actually loved it. It suited the song so well and made it extra-special.

MYH was more than beautiful, too. Yes, Mika made us happy. :wub2:

And I gotta say that after hearing it live twice I am in love with Hia Leah. :wub2: Never would have expected that as I wasn't such a fan of this song when I first got to hear it.

Thank you to the beautiful MFCers we spent the day with: Kira, Indy, Deb and Christine. :wub2: I was really enjoying this.

Last day sightseeing for us in NYC today...This little adventure is almost over. Loved NYC, loved the two Mika shows, loved everything. There's one thing for sure: I will never forget this week. :wub2:

Thanks for report, Marion! So happy the trip was everything you hoped for and even more. Loved reading your post :wub2:

Must have been a magical show once again! I know how impressive his singing without any microphone can be, he did small bits like that in the earlier shows I saw in California. I wish so much I could have heard him doing whole songs like that, it's amazingly beautiful. I'm not sure he will do it again or regularly. I saw the European tour in Nov/Dec and now four shows in the US, and the latter ones were so different, really. Not just because it was acoustic, but because he seemed to enjoy so much more. So happy for him this tour has been a total success. It must be so exciting for him, I'm so pleased to watch it :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

I think Kira summed it up pretty well -- last night was magical!!! Queuing in the rain and cold was way less comfortable than any other gig I've been to, but this show was unlike any other I've been to! We couldn't see much of him at all when he was at the piano, but that made listening to the music and dancing with Kira, Miri and Marion even more fun! And when he was at the microphone, he was looking down right at us! It was almost awkward to be photographing him because he was so close!! That, though normal for this tour I guess, was unlike any other gig I've been to and was really lovely.

So the venue was sweet, but oh my goddddddddd, the music. It was dazzling. The audio didn't sound great during the DJ set, but I didn't even notice anything during the actual gig. Especially since he sang without the mic?? That was indescribably amazing. Like everyone has said, it felt so intimate, and his voice was sooooooooo beautiful. Wow. It was otherworldly :wub2:. So glad I caught this show, and I can't wait for round 2 tonight!

Oh yeah, and shoutout to the amazing MFCers we hung out with! You ladies are awesome, can't wait until our next gig together! You made the swellest day even brighter.

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE

For all we know, he might have a Russian grandma, this generation were often immigrants - moving between the countries. Or it might be his old Russian piano teacher he talks about ? :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Lebanese, LEBANESE ! Christine is right!! Going to edit the post now :naughty:

Mika doesn't have a Russian grandmother. She meant Lebanese. :wink2:

Also--still not over last night.

This was what I found so incredibly amazing about these performances. It's obvious that it's preferable to hear someone sing directly and not through sound altering equipment. But I could have never imagined how stepping away from the microphone would transform Mika's performances so dramatically. Especially since this didn't happen at the points gig and it's interesting how he seems more liberated and honest performing for a relatively large group in a public venue than in a small private gig.

Yes, even at the points gig where he could't 'properly' sing most of his own songs due to being unprepared and 'down' in general I can clearly remember one mind-blowing part, the end of PickUp Off the Floor. There are songs in his portfolio that sound absolutely mind- blowing when he sings them acoustic as he sings them with classical singing technique where the singer is meant to sing without a mic. I don't know when he will ever understand that that's where his strength is. He does great live shows and festival performances of course but all his best performances I can recall after 20 gigs are connected to some kind of an acoustic environment: usually in chapels, his performances of OMS or Lady Jane, singing with the King's Singers..etc.

I don't know why he can't do similar shows in Europe again. There are perfect churches around for that purpuse as well :teehee: He should have these shows in the UK ,too, which is a most convenient destination for his European fans and it would be a perfect tool to help rebuild or, rather, build his reputation as a great singer with a marked difference from the rest.

Edited by suzie

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE

Lebanese, LEBANESE ! Christine is right!! Going to edit the post now :naughty:

Also--still not over last night.

Yes, I've only heard him talk about his lebanese relatives earlier, from his mothers side, and the americans from his fathers side. Lately I've learned that his mother is a syrian/lebanese...

Love,love

me

i wonder what she thinks of her grandson's success :naughty:

I assume she's as proud as only a grandma can be :naughty:

And most probably this boy has been performing for her, and the rest of his fam. since he was a very little boy - cause he's really born to do this, and by this make people happy :wub2::fisch:

Love,love

me