XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

Gianni Santoro ‏@GianniSantor0 2m

New column on @LaRepubblicaXL: @mikasounds goes on holiday with "26 people, 8 cars, 48 suitcases, 1 dog". Deserves to be turned into a film!

:doh:

Knowing him we will probably get more the film version than the real version of his holidays anyway :naughty:

He already did during the web chat. He said the best thing to do is to not look at them.

yeah, but i thought that was a lame & vague answer :aah:

Pop Up Mika scan :wink2:

img154_zps6ed7a967.jpg

Thank you so much Maurizia!! :flowers2:

Here's the original version: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/mauri957/img154_zps6ed7a967.jpg~original Now you can read it!

I'm going to translate it :wink2:

thank you both!

Asking a celebrity what they think of someone taking pictures of them in their bathing suit while they are on holidays with their family is like asking someone what they think of being smashed over the head and their wallet stolen. No normal human being is not going to hate it. What more is there to say? :dunno:

Thanks!

Looking forward to read the original:thumb_yello:

Thank you,Clara! Can you make it bigger?

Thank you :thumb_yello:

That would be really nice :)

thank you both!

I totally love this article! Extremely funny and extremely clever... as usual! :wink2: thanks for posting!

my pleasure :original:

Let me travel with a whole clan, I am a true Italian.

There was once a child who was pissed off with everyone and everything, so much that he decided to escape. Preparing the bag, he thought about what he would need. He took the clothes, but then also the books and games. Fearing some discomfort, he packed up the bed. against loneliness, he put the dog in a suitcase. Worried that his clothes would be dirty, he took his mother, who in turn brought with her the washing machine and her little sister and he did the same with dad, who in turn packaged desk, television and favorite chair. Not to be outdone, the mother did not separate from table set, of the 'curling and of the set of knives. She told the father not to forget the barbecue. The child looked at the now empty house and saw the apple tree in the garden and he became sad and he take it, too. In the end he ran away from home and take them all with him, except the damn goldfish, who died. Here, this is my life.

The idea for the holidays this year has been pretty normal. take a car and drive from London through France and Italy, making stops along the way.

The only unusual thing is that I took with me my whole family, all 18 and not only but also the dog, a couple of friends, my goddaughter, her parents, my grandmother, the caregiver (I'll tell you later), a pair of newlyweds and a few partners. The total? 26 people, 8 cars, 48 suitcases, 1 kennel and 1 blender (for the dog). It seems that the story of the boy who runs off with all his stuff influenced me beyond all expectations.

Of all the places where we have been, Italy was the most hospitable and nobody was impressed by my family as big as godzilla. In France, however, I fear that we were as welcome as a barbarian invasion even though the only barbarian in the group, frankly, is my grandmother. for the truth she teases you as if she were a trojan horse. Comes into the room smiling and limps with a cane, as slowly as possible, in order to emphasize her entrance.As soon as the stranger, often a waiter, walks away, she accelerates like a lizard, diabolically cruel and funny. This time I decided to mitigate this duality with a professional nanny. So I assumed one that was a drill sergeant of the Soviet bloc: a miracle! thinking about the trip, I realize that I have done something that is very Italian: I have moved and I have brought with me almost an entire city. however the way in which we lived it was also very Lebanese. Other more organized groups would travel by bus with a guide, but we wanted to feel independent and free even if we wanted to stay together. You can not even imagine the mess we caused when we stopped at a small gas station or we invaded a bar asking everyone an espresso. and then we had to find water for the dog, the toilet for grandma, space for aunts, walking sticks forgotten somewhere, those who smoked in secret, trying to hide in a bush, those who ate in secret, another bush , there were those who ate little, those who ate a lot.

we have been a tornado in motion but what we have lost in order and calm we earned in the joy of being together. Do you want to know the best part? in our army, there was one who spoke Italian and I was the only one.

I am Lebanese, French, American, English, and after this trip I can not help but feel even a little Italian.