You all have probably seen Mika's recent Facebook post on bullying, but just in case you missed it, here it is:

It has come to my attention over the last few months that some members of my fan community have been behaving badly towards others - call it whatever you want, cyber-bullying, name-calling, internet harassment, being nasty. I have never and will never agree with this conduct. There's nothing I respect more than my fan club community both at shows and online. I do not condone any act of bullying amongst fans or to members of my team. If you're someone who does that, you're no fan of mine. Therefore I respectfully ask everyone to be friendly and supportive to one another, and if you can't do that then please keep your negativity to yourself. I really appreciate my fans and have enjoyed meeting so many amazing people over the years, you make it all worthwhile. Be good to each other. M x

We can't really add anything to that -- obviously, we are so happy that Mika has made such a statement and will do whatever we can to make sure that the Mika Fan Club stays a safe and friendly environment for everyone.

This forum is all about fans talking to each other, and we are so lucky that we have the chance to get to know people from literally all over the globe! We all share a common interest -- Mika and his music -- but the friendships and relationships that grow out of that interest can be really rewarding. Just ask anyone who has been a part of the MFC for a while.

However, from time to time, we have heated discussions here, as you might have seen recently when many people were expressing their feelings about Mika's decision to act as a judge on X Factor Italia. That happens when people are as passionate about something as we all are about Mika. :wink2: Sometimes people have strong opinions and are not shy about expressing them in a very forceful manner. But as long as we have these sorts of conversations with mutual respect and avoid name-calling, sticking to the MFC Guidelines that we have established, we should all be OK.

Still, if you should ever feel you are being bullied by another MFCer, please don't hesitate to let one of the moderators know. We have the guidelines for a reason and they apply to all members here equally!

Thanks for being here and helping to make Mika Fan Club the wonderful place it has been for the past 6+ years!

The Mod/Admin Team

dcdeb

Christine

guylainem123

Droopsy

Robertina

lollipop_monkey

Blue Sky

mari62

mellody

I don't usually come here, but I am really afraid of this.. the fb post shows us how Mika loves his fans, we have to make him proud of us, like we are of him :)

I hope there won't be any situations like this in the future, thank you for this thread!

I know what the reason was of Mika's statement. And I must say the moment I read it, the tears rolled down my cheeks! I was and am sooooo proud to be his fan!

Mika chose his words very well! I've translated it into Dutch, for the Dutch fans who don't speek English that well.

I don't usually come here, but I am really afraid of this.. the fb post shows us how Mika loves his fans, we have to make him proud of us, like we are of him :)

I hope there won't be any situations like this in the future, thank you for this thread!

Ciao Giorgia :wink2:

Everyone hopes that MFC remains a great place for Mika's fans (new and old) to chat and make friends - many of us now have great friends all over the world because of a shared passion for Mika's music over the past 6 years.

And as the fan club has a long history, it can also be confusing when you don't know all the background to all the stories that circulate, and it's easy to believe the stuff you hear on social media. And whether you are 95 or 22, it's easy to be misled by people who enjoy making things up and watching people get sucked into their games. :aah:

It would be really nice if this kind of message from Mika was not necessary, but he is not the only popstar who has been taking steps to quell unpleasant behaviour between people who call themselves fans.

You all have probably seen Mika's recent Facebook post on bullying, but just in case you missed it, here it is:

We can't really add anything to that -- obviously, we are so happy that Mika has made such a statement and will do whatever we can to make sure that the Mika Fan Club stays a safe and friendly environment for everyone.

This forum is all about fans talking to each other, and we are so lucky that we have the chance to get to know people from literally all over the globe! We all share a common interest -- Mika and his music -- but the friendships and relationships that grow out of that interest can be really rewarding. Just ask anyone who has been a part of the MFC for a while.

However, from time to time, we have heated discussions here, as you might have seen recently when many people were expressing their feelings about Mika's decision to act as a judge on X Factor Italia. That happens when people are as passionate about something as we all are about Mika. :wink2: Sometimes people have strong opinions and are not shy about expressing them in a very forceful manner. But as long as we have these sorts of conversations with mutual respect and avoid name-calling, sticking to the MFC Guidelines that we have established, we should all be OK.

Still, if you should ever feel you are being bullied by another MFCer, please don't hesitate to let one of the moderators know. We have the guidelines for a reason and they apply to all members here equally!

Thanks for being here and helping to make Mika Fan Club the wonderful place it has been for the past 6+ years!

The Mod/Admin Team

dcdeb

Christine

guylainem123

Droopsy

Robertina

lollipop_monkey

Blue Sky

mari62

mellody

Everyone hopes that MFC remains a great place for Mika's fans (new and old) to chat and make friends - many of us now have great friends all over the world because of a shared passion for Mika's music over the past 6 years.

And as the fan club has a long history, it can also be confusing when you don't know all the background to all the stories that circulate, and it's easy to believe the stuff you hear on social media. And whether you are 95 or 22, it's easy to be misled by people who enjoy making things up and watching people get sucked into their games. :aah:

It would be really nice if this kind of message from Mika was not necessary, but he is not the only popstar who has been taking steps to quell unpleasant behaviour between people who call themselves fans.

Holy words girls thanks!:thumb_yello: I'm very happy to be a member of MFC for six years and I hope to be part of it for many other :wub2: Mika is such a special person :mikalove:

and sorry for my bad english :teehee:

Holy words girls thanks!:thumb_yello: I'm very happy to be a member of MFC for six years and I hope to be part of it for many other :wub2: Mika is such a special person :mikalove:

and sorry for my bad english :teehee:

Clara, your english is fine, you don't have to worry, we always understand you :huglove:

it's easy to mislead people when you repeat the same thing over and over and over. Truth is, a lie remains a lie, no matter if you edit/copy it 300 times in the hopes of reaching a larger audience.

We have heated conversations on MFC, i blame it on all of us being so passionate :naughty: But you know, i like those conversations. We don't always have to agree on how we see Mika's career or any other subject...

Imagine if we always agreed on everything... this place would be a real sleeper! zzzzzzzzz :naughty:

The Mod/Admin Team

dcdeb

Christine

guylainem123

Droopsy

Robertina

lollipop_monkey

Blue Sky

mari62

mellody

I love you all mods and MFCers . I thought bullying took place on twitter only , I'm really sad if it happens here too :sad:

I've only found wonderful life time friends here :wub2: and I love our home :wub2:

I find it impossible to understand why people who say they are Mika fans are so nasty to the point that Mika has to mention it :aah:

I'm glad Mika is still on twitter when I happen to read some hateful or twisted twits he sometimes gets himself :doh:

I always worry that he gives up twitter one day because of such twits and I would hate that because that's the only media in which he can be instead of his team ...I miss his former site and all the wonderful blogs he wrote himself although La Republica is quite personal too sometimes.

I don't know what else to say so I'll end this quoting "Make love not war" and I believe as Mika that a few black sheep in very small number can not be a danger to the true Mika family we are here :wub2: and that those people have a brain and realise that they need to stop calling themselves fans since they act as Mika haters :loco: because no one who is a real fan will want to have to do anything with them .

And last not least:

i_love_my_family_003.gif

I love you all mods and MFCers . I thought bullying took place on twitter only , I'm really sad if it happens here too :sad:

I've only found wonderful life time friends here :wub2: and I love our home :wub2:

Anne, you are very sweet. :hug:

Obviously, MFC is not perfect, and there will be times when people argue and feelings get hurt -- I think a lot of times that's what people mean when they say they feel "bullied." Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that's a good thing at all! I've seen it happen here before when we have had our "heated discussions." My own feelings have been hurt many times. But I've found that the best thing to do when that happens is to talk it through, and not take it too personally. Just because someone disagrees with my point of view doesn't mean they think I'm stupid or that they hate me. This is the nature of internet forums, and really any place where a great number of people come together from different cultures, different backgrounds, different perspectives. There are bound to be some conflicts and misunderstandings. So in a way, one of the things that makes MFC so great -- its diversity -- is also a thing that can cause some issues. I hope that our guidelines keep us on track, and keep arguments from degenerating into name-calling and flaming, and make this, for the majority of the time, a good place for everyone to hang out.

But I wanted to note that having a disagreement with someone who expresses herself more forcefully or aggressively than you do isn't exactly the same thing as being hounded, day after day, on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere online, being called names, having rumors spread about you, having others told to shun you... for years. That's cyber-bullying, IMO. And that's what was happening online that prompted Mika's Facebook post.

I am so glad that he made this very public statement, and in a way that applies not just to the problem that we were experiencing, but also tries to prevent future problems. I don't mind Mika telling me to "be good to each other." :naughty: I try to live my life like that every day, in any case, whether it's Mika's request or not. :wink2:

I miss his former site and all the wonderful blogs he wrote himself although La Republica is quite personal too sometimes.

Yes, those old blogs were the best. :wub2: Maybe one day he'll have some time to write again...

I believe as Mika that a few black sheep in very small number can not be a danger to the true Mika family we are here :wub2:

:hi5:

I'm not good at doing speechs, BUT I'd like to share my thoughts here anyway :teehee:

So...

Big thanks, Mika :wub2:

Big thanks, MFC :wub2:

I love you all :huglove:

And then everybody gets together for a super virtual hug :blush-anim-cl:

:group_hug:

Thanks for the thread.

Maybe sometimes it's necessary to stop and think about us, about our way to communicate to each other, even in this special virtual place, that has become so real for the special friendships between many of us (I am a lazy visitor, but I met here special people that I know they will make part of my life).

Bullying is a heavy word, I agree, and everyone has a personal idea of the boundary lines of the word, but it was clearly the time to look each other into the eyes and talk about this a little.

But I wanted to note that having a disagreement with someone who expresses herself more forcefully or aggressively than you do isn't exactly the same thing as being hounded, day after day, on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere online, being called names, having rumors spread about you, having others told to shun you... for years. That's cyber-bullying, IMO. And that's what was happening online that prompted Mika's Facebook post.

Yes it has been eye opening for me to see that people not only equate these two things but that they feel like one is a perfect justification for the other. Someone disagrees with you and it gives you license to call them vile names every day for years - into Mika's timeline, on Mika's FB page, etc.

It's especially frustrating that this type of reaction ends up hurting all of MFC by scaring off new members.

The heated discussions about his curls, you mean? :naughty:

I'm interested in a link to this heated discussion :fisch:

:wink2:

Thank you for this thread, i really enjoy to be here, i hope it will always be the same feeling for every Mika fan

I'm interested in a link to this heated discussion :fisch:

:wink2:

Thank you for this thread, i really enjoy to be here, i hope it will always be the same feeling for every Mika fan

Curls, mouth, eyes, and now that he posts pictures of his legs, maybe legs too whatever you want... :aah:

Yes it has been eye opening for me to see that people not only equate these two things but that they feel like one is a perfect justification for the other. Someone disagrees with you and it gives you license to call them vile names every day for years - into Mika's timeline, on Mika's FB page, etc.

It's especially frustrating that this type of reaction ends up hurting all of MFC by scaring off new members.

When I disagree with someone I always try to talk...and usually there's a way to find a satisfying solution for everyone :thumb_yello:

I have some friends who left MFC but I 'm still friends with them through facebook and/or twitter and I 've showed some twitter or facebook friends the way to MFC as well , people change and evolve but we're all Mika lovers and MFC is his official site so the best place to share about him ...maybe not perfect but human as we all are :teehee: even Mika :mf_rosetinted:

It s ok to be a fan inside or outside of MFC but no one calling themselves a fan should spread hate :aah: And the best is to be a true Mika fan on twitter facebook MFC all together :wub2:

Some misunderstandings can happen but hopefully they can be overcome if both parties want to. I wish everyone made a little step towards the other when that happens and that's something MFC mods know how to do (and a very difficult job which I wouldn' t be able to handle myself)

Fandom is the best thing in the world if handled well :wub2: but when I think of what happened to John Lennon, it really makes me so sad :tears: John Lennon was so kind to his "fan" who had came to kill him that he didn't but unfortunately he came back the next day and this time he did :tears:

There are some people you can't even talk to sadly :no:

I feel sad for some fans who might have felt left out at some point ...I don't know the whole story but I wish the past could be forgotten and peace made when that's possible (I was nicknamed the peacemaker here for that reason)...but as I said before we 're all human beings and we react differently to what we're told depending on our state of mind, culture, upbringing and sensitivity...a word that will be ok for one might make another one feel terribly bad ...

But no one should threaten or bully another person :no:

I love you all my MFC family and Mika fans family in and out of MFC all over the world :group_hug:

Keep spreading Mika love :wub2: