Les Ardentes Festival, Liège, Belgium - 12 July 2013 -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

But : my husband hates MIKA and he think I am in love with him, he came to Le Parc des Princes with me and said to me "never ever !!!"

Each time I go to a Mika's gig, I have to fight him during days to prove it is just an artist I like very much, especially because he is so kind to his fans...

But he won't understand...:sad:

I know that you, Mikafriends, understand me, thanks :thumb_yello:

Sorry mods, I had to write that somewhere, nobody can understand me apart from Mikafans

Oh, Val. We surely don't mind that you posted this here. And we DO understand. :hug:

But I.....I....I already made up names for our babies. HE SAID WE COULD GET MARRIED! TOP IT WITH A CHERRY!

:lmfao:

Yes, he also said he's "happy on his own." He's fickle, you better get used to it. :wink2:

I have only one thing to say: I loved it. From the first second untill the very last. :wub2:

It was my first time to go to a gig with you guys, and it was really lovely. I loved meeting you and I want to thank you for the warm welcome I've had. Especially Ilse and Camille for taking me with them the first day. Oh, and everyone else who joined us in the end :teehee:

I was very nervous doing this on my own, but I loved every second I could spend with you.

On the day itself Ilse, Camille and me went to the festival site at about 12h30. But there was still time and space enough to get a good spot in front.

So most of the day we sat down and listened to the other bands, waiting for Mika to come. (Thank you, Rian for the rainbow-heartsbracelet! :teehee:)

The only trouble there was, was with some fans of the band before Mika. Security had to come and get them out :sneaky2: and people who kept on pushing behind us whilst there still was enough place to stand and see.

But when Mika came on, all of this was forgotten! :naughty: He was awesome. I really loved the part during Underwater when he asked us to close our eyes and sing along. I'm so glad I saw him again.

This gig was also the first gig I was able to wait for Mika to come out! So that's what I did :teehee: Even though my feet and mostly my back hurted like hell. I had a good laugh with Sonja and someone else standing with us, but I don't know your name :blush-anim-cl: while we were waiting for Mika to come out. But I got his autograph, so I'm so so so happy! This just made my evening. It was all worth it, even though I tired as hell right now :aah:

So now I'm going to check my photo's and see if there are any decent ones :naughty:

Sweetieval:huglove:at least you can be sure that there are many of us here who DO understand.:huglove:

Sounds as though it was a really great night. Thanks everyone for reports/ pics so far, I am enjoying reading it all:aah:

Here is my report but before I start I want to thank Treasa who was so sweet to give me her tickets because she couldn't make it herself. Thank you Treasa, I had a lovely time, although I did miss you, and all the other Oldlings who couldn't make it to the gig :huglove:.

At Thursday afternoon I arrived in Liège with my bf. We stayed in the MFC hotel (the Ramada Plaza) together with some other MFCers. After walking around in the city, we had dinner and then went to 'Le Pot au Lait', where we met with Sabine, Littlelady, Graciosa, and Smokesignal and her bf. Later on more MFCers joined us and we had a lovely evening together.

The next day my bf and I went to visit family because we didn't want to go to the festival early and we had already seen Liège. At 4.00pm we met with Smokesignal again at our hotel and the three of us went to the festival. When we arrived, Alex Hepburn was performing. She was quite good :thumb_yello:. After her performance we went to get something to eat and I said goodbye to my bf who didn't want to stand close to the stage but preferred a place somewhere further back. Smokesignal and I went back to the stage and managed quite easy to get a place in the second row, close to Patricia4U and ~Wicky~ and her friend Joyce. Together we waited for Mika, while watching Balthazar and IAMX, not my most favourite bands but at least the last one tried to entertain the audience.

At 11.00pm Mika came on stage. He started with Comme une soleil, then Relax and then I don't remember the order anymore (Oldlings brain :teehee:). As always I loved Underwater and I had to cry a bit. He also performed SITM, one of my favorite live songs, especially when he and Curtis play together at the same piano :wub2:. The songs followed each other rapidly and full of enthusiasm and although Mika had hardly any communication with the audience, I loved the show. Mika was full of energy and so were we, and before I realized it WAG was already there. He came back for Lollipop and I loved this version so much :wub2:. I hope someone has recorded it.

At 00.30am, the show was over and we went to the exit to wait for Mika. There were quite a lot of us waiting. The band passed us by quite fast and we were hoping Mika would show up fast too … but no … we had to wait until after 3.15am. While waiting I had a lot of fun with SonjaD and someone else I forgot to ask the name of :doh:. It's always amazing how much fun you can have about totally nothing :lmfao:. When Mika came I wanted him to sign something but since I didn't have anything else I decided he could sign the cover of my camera. He was quite fast (or maybe I was just too slow :teehee:) so I kinda pushed the cover under his nose, he looked at me a little surprised and asked me if he had to sign this. When I said yes, he took it and signed it and then he went to SonjaD who stood next to me. She wanted him to sign her phone cover so she has a very chique ton sur ton blue phone cover now according to Mika :naughty:. Then Mika left, I said goodbye to everyone and went back to the MFC hotel together with Smokesignal, Sabine, Littlelady and Sonja D and her friend Patricia.

I had a lovely time, also thanks to all the MFCers who were there. Maybe I have said this before already, but I think meeting with MFCers is one of the things that make these gigs so special and the more MFCers I get to learn, the more fun I have at these gigs. :wub2:

This gig was also the first gig I was able to wait for Mika to come out! So that's what I did :teehee: Even though my feet and mostly my back hurted like hell. I had a good laugh with Sonja and someone else standing with us, but I don't know your name :blush-anim-cl: while we were waiting for Mika to come out. But I got his autograph, so I'm so so so happy! This just made my evening. It was all worth it, even though I tired as hell right now :aah:

:bye: That was me ... but didn't we meet the day before at Le Pot au Lait too? I think I'm starting to mix up faces and names. :teehee:

Here is my report but before I start I want to thank Treasa who was so sweet to give me her tickets because she couldn't make it herself. Thank you Treasa, I had a lovely time, although I did miss you, and all the other Oldlings who couldn't make it to the gig :huglove:.

At Thursday afternoon I arrived in Liège with my bf. We stayed in the MFC hotel (the Ramada Plaza) together with some other MFCers. After walking around in the city, we had dinner and then went to 'Le Pot au Lait', where we met with Sabine, Littlelady, Graciosa, and Smokesignal and her bf. Later on more MFCers joined us and we had a lovely evening together.

The next day my bf and I went to visit family because we didn't want to go to the festival early and we had already seen Liège. At 4.00pm we met with Smokesignal again at our hotel and the three of us went to the festival. When we arrived, Alex Hepburn was performing. She was quite good :thumb_yello:. After her performance we went to get something to eat and I said goodbye to my bf who didn't want to stand close to the stage but preferred a place somewhere further back. Smokesignal and I went back to the stage and managed quite easy to get a place in the second row, close to Patricia4U and ~Wicky~ and her friend Joyce. Together we waited for Mika, while watching Balthazar and IAMX, not my most favourite bands but at least the last one tried to entertain the audience.

At 11.00pm Mika came on stage. He started with Comme une soleil, then Relax and then I don't remember the order anymore (Oldlings brain :teehee:). As always I loved Underwater and I had to cry a bit. He also performed SITM, one of my favorite live songs, especially when he and Curtis play together at the same piano :wub2:. The songs followed each other rapidly and full of enthusiasm and although Mika had hardly any communication with the audience, I loved the show. Mika was full of energy and so were we, and before I realized it WAG was already there. He came back for Lollipop and I loved this version so much :wub2:. I hope someone has recorded it.

At 00.30am, the show was over and we went to the exit to wait for Mika. There were quite a lot of us waiting. The band passed us by quite fast and we were hoping Mika would show up fast too … but no … we had to wait until after 3.15am. While waiting I had a lot of fun with SonjaD and someone else I forgot to ask the name of :doh:. It's always amazing how much fun you can have about totally nothing :lmfao:. When Mika came I wanted him to sign something but since I didn't have anything else I decided he could sign the cover of my camera. He was quite fast (or maybe I was just too slow :teehee:) so I kinda pushed the cover under his nose, he looked at me a little surprised and asked me if he had to sign this. When I said yes, he took it and signed it and then he went to SonjaD who stood next to me. She wanted him to sign her phone cover so she has a very chique ton sur ton blue phone cover now according to Mika :naughty:. Then Mika left, I said goodbye to everyone and went back to the MFC hotel together with Smokesignal, Sabine, Littlelady and Sonja D and her friend Patricia.

I had a lovely time, also thanks to all the MFCers who were there. Maybe I have said this before already, but I think meeting with MFCers is one of the things that make these gigs so special and the more MFCers I get to learn, the more fun I have at these gigs. :wub2:

Lovely report Annie and I'm glad you had a great time. :thumb_yello: But you didn't give him a kiss from me :sneaky2: or did you? :wink2:

:bye: That was me ... but didn't we meet the day before at Le Pot au Lait too? I think I'm starting to mix up faces and names. :teehee:

Yes, I think we did :teehee: But I don't think we actually really have spoken a lot to eachother untill the waiting for Mika to come out.

Like I said in the other thread, it was me, Annie :naughty: All the laughing made me forget that my back did hurt a lot :thumb_yello:

So my name is Daniëlle :teehee:

We had so much fun ... I hope to see you again one day. :lmfao:

Lovely report Annie and I'm glad you had a great time. :thumb_yello: But you didn't give him a kiss from me :sneaky2: or did you? :wink2:

He already looked kinda strange to me when I pushed my camera cover under his nose ... so I didn't dare. :naughty: Next time I will ... or even better ... you can do it yourself. :thumb_yello:

He already looked kinda strange to me when I pushed my camera cover under his nose ... so I didn't dare. :naughty: Next time I will ... or even better ... you can do it yourself. :thumb_yello:

:teehee:

Will do. :thumb_yello:

Now I will write my report. My trip started on Thursday morning and LittleLady joined me at the train in Cologne, it was our first time we met in Person so we had so much to talk about, time went by so fast. We went to our Hotel and after that we wanted to do a bit of sightseening but to tell the trusth we were walking around talking talking talking and then we realized that we had see nothing :aah:. Then we decided to find a palce to eat something, walking around talking.........one hour later we also realized that we forgot to look for food :fisch:. But we stood in front of an artist taverne and went in and had such a wonderful omelette there :wub2:. After haveing lunch we went back to the station to pick up Graciosa and together we went to the Mediacite where we found the JBC shop and bought some stuff. Later we went to Graciosa´s hostel and then we were walking to Le Pot Au Lait which was hidden in a small street. We sat there and waited for the other MFC´iers. Some time later Annie with bf and Smocky with bf joined us and we already had such a nice evening. Around 10..00 pm Jolanda and co arrived and we had some fun until we went back to our hotel talking talking talking all the way back.

LittleLady and I decided to go to the festival place in the late morning to join the other MFC ´iers we knew would be there. We were there early enough to experience the door opening and went to the stage area. There were a lot of MFC ´iers and I have to say I enjoyed every single minute with them. We also walked around looking all the things which were to see there. The only Thing I didn´t enjoy was the music except Alex Heburn who was really good. French Hiphop was a pain.......... the second band was much too loud. After Alex a band called Balthazar was playing and I could show you a pic how impressiv they were but I promissed not to show it. Whenever I should have serious Problems to sleep I would buy a CD from them............

The band before Mika was much better but their fans were drunk and aggressiv so it was a bit difficult to enjoy the Music and it was good we could rest a bit longer before Mika.

Then Mika´s crew started to built up Mika´s set and they did the flags the wrong way. We tried to point it out but the chief of the crew told us it was meant to be that way :aah:, of course he couldn´t tell us they don´t want to change it the right way....... Before the gig began some big baloons from the car fabric VW were moved into the crowd and the audience played with them for a while. Every time one of the baloons got thrown onto the stage one of the workers there got the chance to kick them back into the audience with lots of applause from the crowd.

Then the band came on stage and the crowd was going crazy :wink2:. I read Annie thinks he was not very chatty but he was much more talking in Liege than he did in Bourge and he was in a very good mood and had fun. So we also did. I started to film Soleil Mal Lune but stopped it after a few seconds because there were too much photographers and I took more than three minutes of HE. I really love all the changes Mika did and always does to his songs and I can´t wait for some videos. I was jumping and dancing so much :wink2: and time was over much to fast as always.

As you could read in Annie´s report we had to wait a long time until he came out but he was still in a good mood and very kind.

Today we went back home and soon I´ll go to my bed and will dream about yesterday again :wink2:

Thanks for your nice reports and pics, I wish I had been there :tears:

Oh, Val. We surely don't mind that you posted this here. And we DO understand. :hug:

:lmfao:

Yes, he also said he's "happy on his own." He's fickle, you better get used to it. :wink2:

Sweetieval:huglove:at least you can be sure that there are many of us here who DO understand.:huglove:

Sounds as though it was a really great night. Thanks everyone for reports/ pics so far, I am enjoying reading it all:aah:

Thank you Dcdeb and Kath for your support, I feel better to see I am not the only one whose husband's jealous and angry about Mika :naughty:

Here's my report. I arrived on Friday around 3 pm. It was so good to meet a lot of you again. I didn't like the bands before Mika and they were boring.:bored: so time went by very slowly. Finally Mika came on and he was so full of energy I sanged and danced a lot. Behind us were 2 girls screaming a lot and behaving like crazy people it was very disturbing :aah: and they ruined ' Un soleil mal luné ' for Rian and me. Afterwards we waited a long time for Mika. Dutch Annie, Machoefeltje and I had a lot of fun. When he arrived and was standing in front of me he signed a picture I had and asked him also to sign my phone cover.It's blue and I saw that just this time he had a blue pen. He said why not it makes it more chic. I really like it. :wub2: When he left we went to the hotel and arrived around 4 am. Didn't sleep much but it doesn't matter I had such a good time thanks to you all and Mika ofcourse. :huglove:

Hello, I won't write a full report about last night. But I do want to tell you a little story that happened after the gig, with the meet and greet:

After Werchter Classic (where I was a Big Girl for the second time and I had a nice chat with Mama P.) I know that Mama P. knows me. Which is nice. Last night she was in the car waiting for Mika to finish the m&g. I saw her sitting in the front seat, next to the driver.

I didn't think too long, and wanted to greet her. Since the window was closed on her side, I went to the side of the driver, who had the window open. As soon as I showed my face in the window, Mama P. saw me and recognized me straight away. She started to smile, and greeted me. We had a short chat, and I gave her some Dutch stroopwafels (a Dutch cookie) which she loved. Then she thanked me for being at her sons gig. I reacted with the words: I loved to see your boy again! At the same time Mika entered the car and heard me saying that! :roll1: and gave me a big smile! That was the best moment of the whole day!

You can see my pics on FB: https://www.facebook.com/jojotje61/media_set?set=a.578575128848635.1073741835.100000884587381&type=3

Thank you Sabina, Sonja and Jolanda. Sabine - it's a wonder that you still have a voice left after all that talking. :wink2::naughty:

It really does sound like you all had a great time -apart from having to put up with some of the other bands/fans of course. :aah: that's great Jolanda!

It was all so great once again :wub2:

I'm really happy with how things went. I spent a very nice time in Liège on Thursday and on the day of the gig, with people I know and meeting new people. I've never felt so much part of this community than at this gig, so thanks everybody :original:

The gig in itself was fantastic. I had a very nice spot in the front row middle for the first time, without even coming the earliest at all, it was just luck and people around me being very nice. I think this is the gig I found the shortest ever.. It was not in reality but it means I really had the time of my life. Couldn't stop singing and dancing on every single song. (Like most people apparently, as I could see when I sometimes turned around) I agree that Mika wasn't as chatty as I've seen him before, but he was still in a great mood and gave us his best. I loved all of the gig but I have stuck in my memory the image of him throwing the light bulb ahead of him singing Underwater while we were all shouting out the chorus with him... Beautiful :wub2:

I waited for him after the gig too, it was a long wait but at least we knew this was the right place to be and we knew he was still there as the kind security guy told us. When Mika arrived I was really happy that it went well with everybody waiting for their turn. I got the Korean fan club calendar (that I got as a gift from a Korean fan) signed and Mika even asked me what it was, how I got it and said it's cool. As far as I remember he asked me the questions in English and I answered in French but never mind we both seemed to understand each other :aah: He looked amazing once again. I have a few pics and vids that I will post as soon as they are uploaded.