Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I'm afraid a lot of fans see this discussion really confusing as they can't know what's happening in real life, in private discussion or on twitter/FB :dunno:

I'm sorry, you are right and I apologize to all MFCers for that :aah:

I am the one who brought the discussion in that direction :doh:

:huglove: to everybody

(please Mika, can you tweet something right now? :aah:)

I'm not a mod so it isn't my responsibility to unite fans. I am just talking about my perspective as a fan. And as I mentioned before, I've met mostly nice Frenchies, who have been helpful and even offered me a place to stay in case I ever wanted to go to France. They've never told me they feel left out or discriminated against. It are always the same people who have that feeling in my opinion and to me that's because they bite the hand that feeds them. And then the feeding will stop.

I'm not in the middle of the French community so I can't tell if you are speaking for everyone or just a group (and honestly I think it is the latter) but the way I feel about it, is that I don't want to go to France anymore as these fans clearly said they hated foreigners. So why should I care about what they are feeling? And I hope Nina is right and I hope Mika knows who has been behaving badly (Sure he does). And I do hope that all the nice and lovely French fans, who are luckily the majority, get access to special things concerning Mika.

I'm afraid a lot of fans see this discussion really confusing as they can't know what's happening in real life, in private discussion or on twitter/FB :dunno: I mean I see it confusing even I personally know a lot of people face to face and travel a lot. I'm aware there have been issues between some fans but as far as I've heard it's only between very few people. I don't have any first hand information (doing my best NOT to have any first have information, lol) and rather stay out of conflicts.

I don't approve any rude behavior but I also know that people who act in that way harm mostly themselves. As already said here, Mika is definitely not stupid. He is smart and sensitive and can easily feel the vibe between/coming from people and he knows the difference, I've seen it so many times. I can't blame him if he wants to stay ignorant and out of fan issues though. The constant fighting - not talking about this discussion but every new issue arising on twitter or around different events - is putting me off more than any new talent show ever could. It's clear to me that I just want to more and more concentrate on enjoying his music/gigs/events/tv-shows and meeting people instead of following arguments.

For me MFC is the official and only fan club. I know how much work Deb (and the other mods) do for this forum and directing any disappointed complaining to her is the most unfair and ungrateful thing, imo (not saying it was done in this particular discussion, but speaking in general). Also, I've spent a lot of time in France and the local fans have been amazingly kind and helpful with me. I don't want this discussion label fans who are the sweetest people and who would never act in a pushy or rude way. Usually only very few fans are involved in any bad/unacceptable behavior. I know everyone tries to avoid labeling like that, I just really hope that people reading this discussion will keep it in mind :wink2:

I agree with you. I'm tired of the drama so I kept out of these discussions on twitter and here but I just had to put my two cents in because I feel like some people were being victimised who are actually at the core of conflicts between 'the French' and 'the others' and I feel like the mods are blamed for not including France while generally to me ut seems that the hardcore French fans only want to be included when they get perks for it.

Tired of drama is a good expression :naughty: I feel the same. There are just too many issues all the time and most times people don't have any exact and first-hand information about what really happened. If something is happening closely around Mika, he can see it. He can recognize rude behavior and make his own judgement. On the other hand, he should be able to concentrate on making music without dealing with fan issues. Just my opinion, of course.

Edit: And Melanie, don't worry, I was referring to drama in general, not this discussion :huglove:

Edited by tiibet

We tried and we ask but there were no available tickets for The Voice, i think the production were hanging to them tightly. Was there any available on Mika's FB account? I can't remember.

Lots of country do not have mods, but we do cover time zones, which is what is important, especially when gigs are happening.

When need be, we've had help from the world reps to be our "feet on the ground", we've done that in France before. Though if I remember correctly, it was not a very pleasant experience for her at all. :no:

Like Christine said, it doesn't matter which country you are from. You are an MFCer or you are not, just like you are either a nice person or you are not. It's not a country thing at all.

When people say "oh noooooooooooooo not in France or Italy again" it's not about the French or Italian fans, everyone knows it's not anything that fans of that country can change. It is what it is.

But when i see my name, other mods or admin being trashed on twitter or other social media, that's very personal and hurtful.

Deb, who always does her best for everyone on MFC, was called (yes, by a french fan as it happens) a liar... right here on MFC. Do you know how hurtful and personal that is? Deb is a very respectful lady and certainly not a liar. I'm so grateful to have her as a friend. But because people didn't get what they wanted, that's how she was treated. So I hope you'll excuse me if i don't get warm fuzzies when I have dealings with this person, and it has nothing to do with her nationality, believe me.

Do you guys realize that when we have our yearly anniversary, the gifts are from Mika and his team (and we are very grateful), but the shipping around the world is courtesy of mods and admin, but MOSTLY Deb? Hundreds of dollars straight out of her pocket. And you know what else? Because she was so busy putting the information about the Montreal gig on MFC for others fans to buy tickets, Deb is in row K.

This to me, is a lot worse than ruffled feathers.

I'd just like to say how much I appreciate everything the mods do for the fans on here.

Thanks to all of you.

I'm afraid a lot of fans see this discussion really confusing as they can't know what's happening in real life, in private discussion or on twitter/FB :dunno:

I totally agree. I did not want to talk about this on MFC at all and have chatted to Melanie in private so I am bowing out of this conversation. But anyone can message me if they have questions/concerns and of course you can talk to the other mods as well.

Do you guys realize that when we have our yearly anniversary, the gifts are from Mika and his team (and we are very grateful), but the shipping around the world is courtesy of mods and admin, but MOSTLY Deb? Hundreds of dollars straight out of her pocket. And you know what else? Because she was so busy putting the information about the Montreal gig on MFC for others fans to buy tickets, Deb is in row K.

Am I allowed to get moved?

Ok, too late for permission, I already am.

A huge huge huge GRAZIE

I have no idea what s going on here but it sure makes me feel sad :tears:

I love you MFCers and Mika fans :group_hug: and a few black sheep shouldn t spoil the fun :no:

Especially if those black sheep are French as it makes me feel ashamed :doh:

I want all Mika fans to live in peace. A month ago I left a fb fangroup to revive mine because the French guy who is in charge of this group was a dictator :badword:

On MFC fans can speak without being kicked out and I really appreciate that and also how supportive MFC mods and goldings are :wub2:

I ve made life friendships here

:wub2:

MFC is my second home :wub2:

This is only a discussion and as Mika said "Be good to each others"

I hope if there were misunderstandings they are solved now :itsok:

I m sorry French people were involved :doh:

Hugs and kisses to all my MFC family :huglove:

Wow, there's been a lot said here the last few days. Maybe too much. I've been away celebrating the holiday weekend (US Memorial Day) and though I was online a few times trying to catch up on my reading, I had some connectivity issues and couldn't reply the way I wanted to, so I decided it best to wait until I get home.

So finally here I am, and I'm not sure where to begin.

I think at this point the less I say, the better. So rather than reply to individuals or specific posts, I'll just say a couple things as briefly as I can. (But, since I'm a writer, I apologize if my "briefly" isn't very brief. :blush-anim-cl: )

I do not have anything against Mika's French fans in general and I don't think anyone on the Mod Team does. The MFC is an international fan club, and we welcome fans from all over the world. It's free to join, and I encourage all fans who do not belong to join us, so that if we do get any special benefits (free tickets, access to TV shows, meet & greets), they can be included. Many French fans have chosen not to join, but honestly they are just as welcome to as any other fans.

Having said all that, my first allegiance is to MFC and its members, no matter which country they are from. Whenever we (the MFC Mod Team) can help our fans, including our French fans, we go all out. Sometimes we've even been able to include fans who belong to the other French fan clubs. There are a number of instances of this -- I can dig up concrete examples if you really want me to. Sometimes, though, things don't work out, for a whole variety of reasons. Just the other day, something came up that could have meant tickets for some French fans for something, but it fell through at the last minute. Still... I didn't say, "Eww, no it's for French fans. I'm not going to help them." I did what I could -- the reason it fell apart wasn't because of us. So why any French fans think the MFC is against them, I don't know, because it's just not true. :dunno: There may be individual personality conflicts, but there's not an overall "us vs them" thing, at least not on the MFC's part. :no:

Finally, I wanted to thank anyone who felt they had to jump to my defense because of things that others said. It's OK, though. Yes, it's hurtful when someone says negative things about you, especially when you have gone out of your way to help that person in the past. Everyone who knows me and has had any kind of interaction with me ought to know the kind of person I am. I do what I do for the MFC because I want to. Not because I'm paid to, or because I get special benefits for it. Sometimes it's quite the opposite -- I get lots of rubbish from other fans, and I even put my relationship with Mika's team, and Mika himself, on the line when I'm trying to make the MFC's requests known. But I don't want to sound self-serving, sorry. I'm here because I think having an active, thriving fan club is a good way to support and promote Mika, and also because I've made some great friends here and want to give back to the place that made such happy memories possible. I really do love you guys

:group_hug:

I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I think it's much the same for the other members of the Mod Team, who put in just as much time and effort on MFC.

Hope I've made some sort of sense, and that we can get this thread, and the MFC back on track again now! :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

Wow, there's been a lot said here the last few days. Maybe too much. I've been away celebrating the holiday weekend (US Memorial Day) and though I was online a few times trying to catch up on my reading, I had some connectivity issues and couldn't reply the way I wanted to, so I decided it best to wait until I get home.

So finally here I am, and I'm not sure where to begin.

I think at this point the less I say, the better. So rather than reply to individuals or specific posts, I'll just say a couple things as briefly as I can. (But, since I'm a writer, I apologize if my "briefly" isn't very brief. :blush-anim-cl: )

I do not have anything against Mika's French fans in general and I don't think anyone on the Mod Team does. The MFC is an international fan club, and we welcome fans from all over the world. It's free to join, and I encourage all fans who do not belong to join us, so that if we do get any special benefits (free tickets, access to TV shows, meet & greets), they can be included. Many French fans have chosen not to join, but honestly they are just as welcome to as any other fans.

Having said all that, my first allegiance is to MFC and its members, no matter which country they are from. Whenever we (the MFC Mod Team) can help our fans, including our French fans, we go all out. Sometimes we've even been able to include fans who belong to the other French fan clubs. There are a number of instances of this -- I can dig up concrete examples if you really want me to. Sometimes, though, things don't work out, for a whole variety of reasons. Just the other day, something came up that could have meant tickets for some French fans for something, but it fell through at the last minute. Still... I didn't say, "Eww, no it's for French fans. I'm not going to help them." I did what I could -- the reason it fell apart wasn't because of us. So why any French fans think the MFC is against them, I don't know, because it's just not true. :dunno: There may be individual personality conflicts, but there's not an overall "us vs them" thing, at least not on the MFC's part. :no:

Finally, I wanted to thank anyone who felt they had to jump to my defense because of things that others said. It's OK, though. Yes, it's hurtful when someone says negative things about you, especially when you have gone out of your way to help that person in the past. Everyone who knows me and has had any kind of interaction with me ought to know the kind of person I am. I do what I do for the MFC because I want to. Not because I'm paid to, or because I get special benefits for it. Sometimes it's quite the opposite -- I get lots of rubbish from other fans, and I even put my relationship with Mika's team, and Mika himself, on the line when I'm trying to make the MFC's requests known. But I don't want to sound self-serving, sorry. I'm here because I think having an active, thriving fan club is a good way to support and promote Mika, and also because I've made some great friends here and want to give back to the place that made such happy memories possible. I really do love you guys

I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I think it's much the same for the other members of the Mod Team, who put in just as much time and effort on MFC.

Hope I've made some sort of sense, and that we can get this thread, and the MFC back on track again now! :thumb_yello:

Well said Deb. Peace and love to everyone here.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Thank you Deb for your words and thanks of course all the mods for their constant work even when they are busy with their real lives... I owe a lot to the MFC and I always try in my small to make a contribution so that I can return the favor.

When I know some new fans, I always recommend to join this forum so they'll never miss something of the mika's world... I automatically direct them here because it is as if it was a bit like my second home and reading that there are arguments between the fans when MFC should just be a meeting place for those who share the same passion, makes me sad.

IMO, Mika's world should be just a way to disconnect from real life, do not think for a little about personal problems, relax after a day of work or study not something primary or vital. We should all take this thing lightly and move on to all the little misunderstanding that there may be ...

Now, please Mika tweet something: maybe another selfie with mustache made ​​with baguettes :naughty:

I think this was not posted here :mf_rosetinted: :

MIKA official retweeted

1d

Sky Uno @SkyUno

Ecco tutti i giudici di #XF8 riuniti! @mikasounds, @InArteMorgan, @Fedez e Victoria! pic.twitter.com/MKinUbMkWG

BoeMLlkCAAArWlU.jpg:large

Wow, there's been a lot said here the last few days.

Thank you Deb for your answer :blush-anim-cl:

My last post about this topic, just to be sure people don't misunderstand me:

I apologize for bringing the topic in this thread of Twitter updates :aah:

And I apologize if I hurted any of you, Mods. Especially you Deb :huglove: I read again all what I said to find where is coming from the impression that I may have been talking about you specifically, and I think it's because of the ticket thing. So I really apologize for that, as I know that you did and you do your best for this as for everything else. You are the one always trying to help me and my friends when we try to do something, so I feel really bad that my words must have let everyone think I was criticizing you. I was more trying to "shake the tree" and to say "help" than anything else. But I overreacted here and I'm sorry for this. :blush-anim-cl:

The fact that I overreacted doesn't mean that the feeling I was talking about doesn't exist for many people. But all of you Mods explained well why this feeling is not the reality, and I hope things will get better concerning this feeling :wub2:

Lucrezia, I agree with your post, and I'm trying to do the same with the new (well, newer than me :naughty:) fans, because here is a safe and warm place, where we can truly feel that we belong to the same Mika world :wub2:

BO0UX9ACEAABIQo.jpg

MIKA official retweeted

1d

Sky Uno @SkyUno

Ecco tutti i giudici di #XF8 riuniti! @mikasounds, @InArteMorgan, @Fedez e Victoria! pic.twitter.com/MKinUbMkWG

Ok, let's go :mikalove:

Ohhh, what a lovely picture!

What is he looking at?

Where is Morgan's hand?

Omg omg omg he tweeted something :boing::boing::boing:

:mf_rosetinted::wink2:

What is he looking at?

Where is Morgan's hand?

My turn :mf_rosetinted:

Oooh, I looooove the suit!

Is it the same suit than in Cannes, just another color, or am I blind? :shocked::shocked:

And what do you mean about Morgan's hand? :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

My turn :mf_rosetinted:

Oooh, I looooove the suit!

Is it the same suit than in Cannes, just another color, or am I blind? :shocked::shocked:

And what do you mean about Morgan's hand? :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

Same suit, minor detail changed on the lapel:thumb_yello:

What is he looking at?

Where is Morgan's hand?

My turn now:

Indeed! :excite::wub2::fangurl::mikalove::swoon:

Dunno at what he's looking at,but he's looking in such a :wub2: way! it looks like he got a back pain,or something :mikalove:

I guess we all know where is Morgan's hand :naughty::das: (I wish I'd be his hand :mikadas: ) :mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

Same suit, minor detail changed on the lapel:thumb_yello:

*checking what lapel means"

oh, ok, thanks! :teehee:

My turn now:

Indeed! :excite::wub2::fangurl::mikalove::swoon:

Dunno at what he's looking at,but he's looking in such a :wub2: way! it looks like he got a back pain,or something :mikalove:

I guess we all know where is Morgan's hand :naughty::das: (I wish I'd be his hand :mikadas: ) :mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm sure Morgan was so happy to meet Mika again that he couldn't sleep the night before :naughty: The guy absolutely loves Mika :teehee: (and I can understand him very well :wub2:)

I'm sure Morgan was so happy to meet Mika again that he couldn't sleep the night before :naughty: The guy absolutely loves Mika :teehee: (and I can understand him very well :wub2:)

Me too :thumb_yello:

Other subjects more important, don't you know ?

MIKA official retweeted

1d

Sky Uno @SkyUno

I fully agree with everything Deb expressed so well in her last post.

Obviously I have nothing nothing against French fans either; on the contrary, tbh personally I have a soft spot for France and the French language and I adore Mika singing in French :blush-anim-cl:

I didn't join the conversation so far, since I've been quite busy and wasn't aware of the discussions on twitter and Facebook, but now, after catching up with this thread, I'd like to give my 2 cents.

Please, French fans, do feel welcome on MFC just like any other fans around the world are :group_hug:

As for Mika's tweet: IMO if he tweeted, it meant that he was 'allowed' to, and in fact he didn't delete the tweet afterwards. I think it was more a private than a 'secret' event.

According to me this tweet can be interpreted in different ways, according to our culture and education: I don't see it as an open invitation to go there, but he knows that his twitter account is public and that he has got 700,000 + followers and he could picture that maybe a few fans could have shown up. Moreover he stopped and chatted -yes, we know that he's very polite- but he wouldn't have stopped to say hi, if he really didn't want to, and he wouldn't have chatted, had the fans been disrespectful, rude or harassing.

And if he had wanted to be 100% sure, that no none would show up there, he could have tweeted after the event or the next day, couldn't he? :dunno:

Personally, when I read the tweet, I didn't even think, that fans could go there.

So, on one hand I wouldn't encourage anyone to follow him anywhere, not at all, just because he tweets about a location, but on the other hand this time probably the only one to blame could be Mika for tweeting about a 'secret/private' event :teehee:

This is just my interpretation, I may be right, I may be wrong, we are not in his head, so we can't know for sure what his intentions and thoughts are/were about the matter; I confess I'd love to know them though :naughty:

Melanie, you don't need to apologize, you've just expressed your feelings and thoughts in an open, positive, polite and respectful way, thanks for that :thumb_yello:

Guest UnderwaterwithMika

I am habitually very quiet on this forum partly because I have not time to chat but mostly because for me an artist forum is interesting when it gives information, like tour dates, records release, etc...

But I read the posts and am often surprised to see how heated the conversations can get! Like this, which I followed on Twitter too as it was mentioned by the members who posted. I did not intend to post but I must say that everything that Mari62 wrote made perfect sense (we French would say to her "you speak golden") :clap: and it made me want to speak my mind over the matter.

Especially what she said about Mika knowing what could happen if he informed the Twitter world that he would be at such and such Paris club at such and such time. He could have tweeted after or not given the location.

It transpired on Twitter that in an interview he said that French fans often came and introduced themselves when he was drinking in a bar or eating in a restaurant, talk with him for 5 minutes and then say goodbye and that he loved that, that the fans in France were always very polite and cool (I think he was optimistic there, his words, not mine) :naughty:. And that was not in 2007 but two years ago. With all due respect it was madness! He gave his fans the green light to intrude on his personal life because having a drink alone or a meal with friends is highly personal, it is not the singer who does that, it is the private person.

He can think himself lucky if so far no fan has taken advantage of what he said and he is partly responsible if some day, which did not seem to be the case out of the Palais de Tokyo, things get out of control and some fans turn into paparazzi.

That was my contribution, my "two cents" to the topic and now I will make myself scarce.

:bye: