Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 2nd night - 11 Feb 2015

guylainem123

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

resistance is futile, you've been assimilated. :mf_rosetinted:

seriously, it's better for your bank account that you haven't been to a mika gig yet - because once you have, forget about such things as acting sensible. :naughty: for me, it's "how much do i want to go to this gig?" and "do i have the money and time to do it?" - and not things like "is it really necessary?" (the answer would probably always be no :teehee:), or "shouldn't i save my money/time for more important things?" (which would be a "yes", if i acted sensible). probably i could buy some really cool things for all the money i've spent on mika travels/gigs. but i think it was only one or two times that i regretted travelling to a gig, but many many wonderful experiences that i wouldn't want to miss. :wub2:

anyway, who knows, maybe it'll work out for you after all... mika gigs can also be a good motivation. for example i know someone who can only go if they find a job within the next few months - and they are very very motivated to make it happen. :naughty:

Believe me, I really want to go to a gig. The last handful of years have been really difficult on several fronts, or I probably would have made it to at least one by now. I've had to pass on other things that I would have enjoyed just as much as well, thanks to this.

I've been investing in little things that most Mika Freakas probably have had for years now, thanks to some unexpected cash influx, but traveling to a city I've never been to, where I know no one at all, in the dead of winter... I have to admit that it's a bit unsettling for me. I don't drive, so I would have to count on cabs or the kindness of strangers... and I don't feel I know y'all that well yet. I may by then... but right now, I am struggling not to just jump in full bore.

I just FINALLY got a job after three years of looking. Maybe once the inner nervousness about financial security dwindles, I can look at this stuff with a fresh eye... but for now, remembering the hardest times (which were just recently, to be honest) keeps me from leaping too quickly.

And I am among the proudly assimilated... if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is able to attend a gig nearer to my home, I would gladly meet up with them. It's just those BIG trips that I have to be careful about right now... y'know?

I wouldn't know about that as I haven't grown up yet. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm only a grownup in the ways that it matters - kinda forced on me, I didn't wanna be!

Indeed. I must try it sometime. :wink2:

:lmfao:

When you do, please let me know how it is. :teehee:

I think the issue is that I had to be a grownup when I was a child, and I'm younger now than I was then. Unfortunately, once you taste that adulthood stuff, it never totally leaves you. That pesky 5% adult is still in there, dagnabit!

dito. :naughty:

Believe me, I really want to go to a gig. The last handful of years have been really difficult on several fronts, or I probably would have made it to at least one by now. I've had to pass on other things that I would have enjoyed just as much as well, thanks to this.

I've been investing in little things that most Mika Freakas probably have had for years now, thanks to some unexpected cash influx, but traveling to a city I've never been to, where I know no one at all, in the dead of winter... I have to admit that it's a bit unsettling for me. I don't drive, so I would have to count on cabs or the kindness of strangers... and I don't feel I know y'all that well yet. I may by then... but right now, I am struggling not to just jump in full bore.

I just FINALLY got a job after three years of looking. Maybe once the inner nervousness about financial security dwindles, I can look at this stuff with a fresh eye... but for now, remembering the hardest times (which were just recently, to be honest) keeps me from leaping too quickly.

And I am among the proudly assimilated... if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is able to attend a gig nearer to my home, I would gladly meet up with them. It's just those BIG trips that I have to be careful about right now... y'know?

of course i believe you that you really want to go to a gig, and i'm sure you'll get the chance one day. :huglove: i know for me it's easy, as i've already been travelling on my own from the age of 17 - but i remember very well how nervous i was back then, and i know many other mfcers for whom it also was a big step to do this for the first time for a mika gig. and of course then a place closer to you, and not in the coldest canadian winter, is a better choice for a first time. :thumb_yello:

I think the issue is that I had to be a grownup when I was a child, and I'm younger now than I was then. Unfortunately, once you taste that adulthood stuff, it never totally leaves you. That pesky 5% adult is still in there, dagnabit!

even those 5% are very likely to vanish (and if just temporary) during a mika gig. :teehee:

dito. :naughty:

of course i believe you that you really want to go to a gig, and i'm sure you'll get the chance one day. :huglove: i know for me it's easy, as i've already been travelling on my own from the age of 17 - but i remember very well how nervous i was back then, and i know many other mfcers for whom it also was a big step to do this for the first time for a mika gig. and of course then a place closer to you, and not in the coldest canadian winter, is a better choice for a first time. :thumb_yello:

even those 5% are very likely to vanish (and if just temporary) during a mika gig. :teehee:

I have never in my life had the means to do much traveling - I live 100 miles from the Canadian border, and haven't been up there in over ten years, haven't had need for a passport in all my life. I do so love the idea of it, and when I spent a year in northern Virginia, I took a train back to the west coast with the intent of enjoying a longer trip than an airplane would have afforded.

The 5% actually vanishes quite often, or is at least beaten into submission! ;)

• 2 weeks later...