Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 2nd night - 11 Feb 2015

guylainem123

Venue capacity is around 2,000

Show will be more than 10 songs BTW, "une dizaine" is just an expression

thanks. :thumb_yello:

Mellody, a baby is worth 10 000 Mika's gig :huglove:

Can't quite believe that yet. :teehee: But guess I'll just have to wait and see. :aah:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i'll be able to go, but just out of curiosity, how many people does this venue hold?

i'd love to go, despite the cold, despite mika just doing 10 songs, despite the long flight, the language i don't understand, and everything you said above... mika in concert with a symphony orchestra would be a dream come true. but i just can't see a chance for me with a 7 month old baby, neither for taking it with me nor for leaving it here for that long. guess i'll just have to wait until mika is a huge star in the whole world and can afford to do a world tour with a symphony orchestra. :aah:

or maybe there'll be at least a dvd. :teehee: or some youtube recordings. i'll take anything. :naughty:

sigh. :sad:

There are english speakers in Quebec you know... :naughty:

And when it comes to catering to tourists, we are quite bilingual :aah:

There are english speakers in Quebec you know... :naughty:

And when it comes to catering to tourists, we are quite bilingual :aah:

yeah, i didn't mean the tourist things, i expected to get along with english there. :teehee: but i meant what mika says at the gig, guess he'll speak french. even if he doesn't say much, i just hate it if i can't understand him, the little jokes and bits&pieces. :aah: and i guess even learning french better wouldn't help me much there... it took me years after finishing school to know english well enough to be able to understand the everyday language, like it is really used. it's a difference if you learn something at school, or you talk to someone who speaks slowly so you can easily understand them, vs. people using the language in everyday life. or trying to understand what's being said via speakers in a concert venue. i still don't get everything, if the sound isn't good, if it's too fast or an expression i haven't heard, or a certain accent. i was going crazy with watching "catch me if you can" in english, tom hanks and leo di caprio just have a way of speaking where i miss half of what's being said. :aah::teehee: tbh i don't have the patience to learn another language that well. mika should use subtitles at his french language gigs, i'm much better at understanding french when i read it. :naughty:

I don't know how much chitchatting Mika is going to be doing (in French or English) in between songs at a concert like this.

Montréal is amazingly bilingual. Everywhere you go people say "bonjour, hello" and let you respond in your language of choice.

The "OSM crowd" is going to be 90% Mika fans I am guessing. :naughty:

I don't know how much chitchatting Mika is going to be doing (in French or English) in between songs at a concert like this.

Montréal is amazingly bilingual. Everywhere you go people say "bonjour, hello" and let you respond in your language of choice.

The "OSM crowd" is going to be 90% Mika fans I am guessing. :naughty:

90% Mika fans... from MFC I believe :mikacool::mikacool::mikacool:

Just subscribing. It seems very odd indeed to have so much notice. Just imagine how much rubbish we can talk between now and then. :naughty:

We could be on the second thread by the time the gig comes around:naughty:

If i can afford the plane ticket, i will go. Just need to start saving money, and sell some stuff, too.

yeah same here, but I dont even have a job yet and I would have to get one before the end of april, which is not very likely :naughty: so me going to Montréal next year depends on something happening in a few weeks.

also it would be better to know if there are gonna be any gigs or festivals this summer cause I'm sure i wouldn't be able to do both.

If I get a ticket( not very hopefully) I will go to both shows,I have to travel 14 hours!:aah: for that reason I would be happy to get tickets even if they are not FRONT ROW

:blush-anim-cl: I have made up my mind, and will try to get tickets too, for both shows !! :fisch: But I'm afraid this will be a big challenge - cause the tic surely will be gone, in no time ... :blink:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: I have made up my mind, and will try to get tickets too, for both shows !! :fisch: But I'm afraid this will be a big challenge - cause the tic surely will be gone, in no time ... :blink:

Love,love

me

true words, but you know.,, hope dies at last:naughty:

If I get a ticket( not very hopefully) I will go to both shows,I have to travel 14 hours!:aah: for that reason I would be happy to get tickets even if they are not FRONT ROW

I have already moved mountain asked days free!!!