NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

Yes, I think you've captured exactly how I feel Robi. My reaction to this song is visceral. It makes me want to get out of my chair and dance, which is exactly how Love Today and Grace Kelly used to make me feel. I really can't defend my response to it in any other way except to say, "I feel it." :dunno:

But the French lyrics still bother me, because I simply can't sing them. :teehee:

Someone said they didn't think the song would have the same affect if Mika translated this song into English, and I don't necessarily agree. I mean, I want to be able to sing along with it and my tongue keeps tripping over all the French phrases. :(

So if Mika asked ME to help him write an English version of the song (please Mika, call me!), here's what I would say:

We never need to have a ruse

No we don't need an excuse

To drop our "fruit of the loom"

You and I can boom boom boom

When you're gone I do dumb things

I get drunk and start to sing

I sing about Orlando Bloom

And I recall our boom boom boom

And all the people stare and wonder

Why I love you and not another

There's no need to use a zoom

When you and I go boom boom boom

boom boom, boom boom boom

boom boom

Yesterday at your mom's place

We saw that look upon her face

After she heard us in your room

When you and I went boom boom boom

In the hotel's elevator

We just could not wait 'til later

We sent the bellhop from the room

So you and I could boom boom boom

boom boom

Even at a dinner party

We can't resist being naughty

Between the tea and macaroons

There’s still time to boom boom boom

It is true the walls have ears,

And the neighbors they can hear

But they know this is what we do

'Cause you and I go boom boom boom

It's not wrong to love like this

When we make love and we kiss

You know the shelves go bada-boom

One plus one always makes two

Two plus two it's up to you

Like the boxer Brahim Asloum

You plus I go boom boom boom

Traveling 'round would be absurd

When it's you who rocks my world

Who needs coconuts of Touloum

When you and I can boom boom boom

And all the people 'round they wonder

We make love and we kiss

:original:

Yes, I have too much time on my hands today. :naughty:

Wow, well done:thumb_yello::thumb_yello: BTW in Germany the song is still not available on I tunes:sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2: and the vid will never be, I'm so pissed of about it:aah::aah:

Very good. I've done some on Wonkaland as well.

YES - your lyric is very good too Deb!! :teehee: I'm truly impressed by the writing skill, of both you and Marilyn! :thumb_yello: MIKA really doesn't need to worry, if he'll ever suffer from writers block again - he can just make a call to Manchester or Washington DC - and voila! - the lacking lyrics will be ready in no time!! :naughty: Good, gone girls ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Yes, I have too much time on my hands today.

Brilliant! We enjoy when you have some spare time! :naughty:

And this mood of yours as well :cheer:

When it come to this:

But the French lyrics still bother me, because I simply can't sing them.

I mean, I want to be able to sing along with it and my tongue keeps tripping over all the French phrases.

Welcome to our little hell. Really. We peeps from abroad do experience some hard times. Personally I struggle with Good Gone Girl and Toy Boy now and again.

Very good. I've done some on Wonkaland as well.

Oh, I'll have to steel myself to go and take a peek. I'm not usually brave enough to venture into Wonkaland. :naughty:

Yes, I think you've captured exactly how I feel Robi. My reaction to this song is visceral. It makes me want to get out of my chair and dance, which is exactly how Love Today and Grace Kelly used to make me feel. I really can't defend my response to it in any other way except to say, "I feel it." :dunno:

But the French lyrics still bother me, because I simply can't sing them. :teehee:

Someone said they didn't think the song would have the same affect if Mika translated this song into English, and I don't necessarily agree. I mean, I want to be able to sing along with it and my tongue keeps tripping over all the French phrases. :(

So if Mika asked ME to help him write an English version of the song (please Mika, call me!), here's what I would say:

boom boom

In the hotel's elevator

boom boom

Even at a dinner party

We make love and we kiss

They are awesome Deb!:thumb_yello::wub2:

Nice job Deb but to paraphrase Jay Z I got 99 problems and French ain't one. If you can also get rid of the annoying woman and irritating chorus and call in Mika's vocal coach we might get somewhere. :naughty:

But seriously, the French verses and the lead in to the chorus are the best thing about this song IMO...at least musically speaking. Maybe it trips over the tongues of non French speakers but at least it flows nicely for Mika. Unlike the French version of GK, for example, which was a total disaster with so many awkward and extraneous syllables that didn't fit thr melody.

Nice job Deb but to paraphrase Jay Z I got 99 problems and French ain't one. If you can also get rid of the annoying woman and irritating chorus and call in Mika's vocal coach we might get somewhere. :naughty:

:lmfao:

I thought you'd at least like the Orlando Bloom name-check!

And of course I'd get rid of that woman! In my version, it would be ME! :wink2:

:lmfao:

And of course I'd get rid of that woman! In my version, it would be ME! :wink2:

I'm claiming my right, right here and right now, to start the DFC (Deb Fan Club of course). It works in the Walking Dead, so fu . k off.

I'm starting it. :lmfao:

boom boom

In the hotel's elevator

boom boom

Even at a dinner party

We make love and we kiss

I'm with you Deb, I find the pace of the song and the phrasing of the words in French a bit tricky to keep up with.

Like I was saying on Twitter yesterday, I'm having a similar problem with Ed Sheerans Sing, and that IS in English.

I don't see the problem with the lyrics. At least there's a theme, a story if you like. It's not about lust, or mindless sex, it's about two lovers having sex wherever they can.

I very much doubt Mika and Lover Boy have annoyed the neighbourhood. The song came from an incident Mika witnessed in a restaurant. But for Mika, I think it's just another way of expressing his love for his boyfriend. They don't see each other all the time, so when they do get together it's BOUM BOUM BOUM!!!

While we're on the subject of disgusting lyrics, two words spring to mind... Blurred Lines... And which song was voted the Summer Hit, instead of LYL? BBB is a song many couples could relate to, whatever their sexuality. I rest my case.

Well said! :thumb_yello:

Well, this song makes me happy like the first songs did, and there's something that I cannot explain and makes me want to listen multiple times without getting annoyed or bored.

I don't even realize it's in French anymore, that language perfectly fits the rythm, I think an English version would lose a lot, as Elle Me Dit did.

I like the lyrics, I agree Mika may not be totally aware and willing to make it an anthem for LGBT rights, but I can see it this way, and that's enough for me. Mika talking about supporting the cause when asked is the cherry on top.

I agree with you!

Anyway, In my opinion, this song is soooo Mika, I love the rhythm and the message that he is releasing as well with the song. Here in France that's so needed right now...

Not only in France, obviously!

Sorry

"At the beginning I'm a soldier in the Napoleon army, I have a woman I adore, a "femme fatale". I die, maybe because of her, it's not clear, but then I get reincarneted in Lawrence from Saudi Arabia and I fall in love with a belly dancer and she kills me. "

I'm disappointed, but let's see if there's one more reincarnation and he falls for a less feminine character. :dunno:

(source:

)

That would be very interesting...if he is with woman after woman over the course of history and you get to the 21st century and it's a man. That would be quite the statement.

Well Irene was saying earlier that she thinks there is no way that Mika would ever want to be seen promoting homosexuality as excessively lewd. But I am also finding it difficult to believe he would portray himself so blatantly as heterosexual in a video by pairing himself up with female lovers. He has avoided that all of his career. Maybe he feels a freedom now that he is openly gay and will just do whatever he thinks works best for the song/video. But I think he might get some backlash on that. He was already criticized for the Make You Happy video because the homosexual couple was not noticeable enough.

I agree with him doing whatever he feels works best...but you can't just blame the label for the outcome. I'm sure he could have done something more neutral if he'd wanted to.

Anyway I guess we will see.

Yes, (although this may be one of the compromises of which he has previously talked about) I think exactly the same thing! And in the cover of the song there are two naked men! Come on, I hope in a little of courage!!

I LOVE IT!!!! I am addicted to it already! There's just one thing that I don't like about it and it's that I don't understand french as well as english but that's fine hahaha

I think he did a great job, again. :wub2: :wub2:

The first time I heard the song, I didn't like it at all. Then I watched all the videos about radios and tv shows. I listened to the song's story, and it sounds more understandable, with a sense after all!

And when Mika talked about his song, he looked so proud of him, so happy to show another side of himself! That was amazing to see it, he has convinced me just by saying that this song was a part of him.

Cause I felt first like this song wasn't really a Mika's song. It seemed commercial and Mika haven't never talked about sex explicitly in a song, and even in interviews, he was avoiding the subject.

But when he talked about it, it's a proof that he really wrote this song as all the others, with all his personality.

I LOVE IT!!!! I am addicted to it already! There's just one thing that I don't like about it and it's that I don't understand french as well as english but that's fine hahaha

I think he did a great job, again. :wub2: :wub2:

I will try to translate this song to Spanish (good exercise for me, as I'm studying this at uni :mf_rosetinted:)

what can I say Sara...maybe I've downgraded myself too, and I'm aware of it.

I don't like much of what Mika is doing in recent years, and I've never done anything to hide it :teehee:

And I haven't got the skills to understand a song technically...and my musical ear is a bad*ss :naughty:

My judgement comes from the first impression and how my body/heart/soul respond to it. I wrote We are golden was not my taste the first day I listened to it, and never changed my mind, even if I admit there's something powerful in that song, especially live. And the same for some other songs.

Well, this song makes me happy like the first songs did, and there's something that I cannot explain and makes me want to listen multiple times without getting annoyed or bored.

I don't even realize it's in French anymore, that language perfectly fits the rythm, I think an English version would lose a lot, as Elle Me Dit did.

I like the lyrics, I agree Mika may not be totally aware and willing to make it an anthem for LGBT rights, but I can see it this way, and that's enough for me. Mika talking about supporting the cause when asked is the cherry on top.

I have realized that with Mika now I have to move step by step...one step forwards, maybe two steps backwards, and this song is - at last! - one step forwards.

That's it :thumb_yello:

It makes me happy too :woot_jump:

Thanks for saying how I feel Robie :huglove:

Love that song, smile about the lyrics( thanks about translation I know all:naughty but disappointed about Germany again, not available on I tunes so far, ah and better dont speak about you tube:aah::aah::aah: are German fans some of second class? Sometimes it feels so:tears::tears:

There I go! I tried my best

BBB Spanish lyrics:

Incluso los americanos lo entienden

Boom boom! X2

Qué importa el lugar, el contexto

Siempre hay un buen pretexto

Para quitarnos nuestros “Fruit of the Loom”*

Cuando tú y yo hacemos boom boom boom

Cuando no estás aquí, hago lo que sea

Cojo kilos, bebo tequilas

Canto canciones de Oum Kal Thoum

Y solo pienso en nuestro boom boom boom

Y todos los burgueses del 16**

Se preguntan por qué te quiero

Para verlo sin necesidad de un zoom

Boom boom boom

En casa de tu madre ayer

Ella casi se cayó al suelo

Cuando entró en el dressing room***

Mientras tú y yo hacíamos boom boom boom

En los ascensores de los hoteles

Sabemos llegar al séptimo cielo

Enviamos a los novios a paseo

Y todos los burgueses del 16

Boom boom boom

Cuando tenemos invitados

Tampoco nos podemos resistir

Entre el té y los Loukoums****

Hay tiempo para un boom boom boom

Es cierto que las paredes escuchan

Que todos los vecinos se despiertan

Pero así es como se hace el amor

Cuando tú y yo hacemos boom boom boom!

Amarse así no es vulgar

Siempre hay algo que hacer

Los estantes hacen badaboom

Boom boom boom!

Uno más uno, siempre hacen dos

Dos más dos hacen los que queramos

Son como los golpes de Brahim Asloum

Tú más yo hacemos boom boom boom

No es necesario una escapada

Solo esto ya me hace viajar

No los cocoteros de Tulum

Amarse así no es vulgar

Siempre hay algo que hacer

Los estantes hacen badaboom

Boom boom boom

Boom boom boom

* Nombre de una marca de ropa

** Distrito de París

*** Vestidor

**** Delicia turca gelatinosa

It's 1:15 AM and I finally finished reading all your comments about the song :mf_rosetinted: Just quoted a few of it...

But this is a completely different song, a love freedom anthem, shouted out loud to the world. And a summer hit :wink2:

Am I the only one to find this extract one of the most romantic 90 seconds he ever wrote?

I left a little boy at Heaven, whispering his statement of freedom, twisting his fingers, with a palpable embarrass, and I find now a man shouting all his love to the world.

I am so touched.

It will never be a catchy summer song for me.

Never.

Damn'd Penniman.:blush-anim-cl:

so agree with both of you, it is exactly how I feel about the song. It makes me feel happy for him and so proud of him.

Mika is one of the most prolific songwriters, ok.

But when he wants to keep it simple, he does. Lollipop isn't a poem, is it?

Sometimes the simplier, the better.

I think the lyrics are ironic, he's fooling around on the topic and on himself, and the simply lyrics totally fit to the purpose.

But I also believe it's quite a statement, as someone already told.

I love these 2 sides of the song too.

I actually find it so mikaish, full of joy and energy. The lyrics and the situation are really funny, I think we have to see it as a game and that "playfull" side is definitely a side of Mika for me.

Am I the only one who can't wait to hear this song live ? :teehee:

No, I want it too :wub2:

you have to sing it loud and scream!!! :wub2:

:wink2:

There are several differences between vulgarity and funny lyrics. No rude word neither trashy phrases. It's a little bit like when you're with friends and speaking, joking about making love :wink2: Boum boum boum is funny, fresh and free.

:thumb_yello:

That's the point: with an elevator you never know when it might fill up. And they get that bell boy in trouble if his boss finds out he's not on the elevator :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

and this is what it should be....seems to me the right way.

But when asked, he takes side, and this is ok for me.

:thumb_yello:

Maybe it trips over the tongues of non French speakers but at least it flows nicely for Mika. Unlike the French version of GK, for example, which was a total disaster with so many awkward and extraneous syllables that didn't fit thr melody.

Totally agree with you

I felt so relieved when I listened to the 90 seconds snippet that I almost cried... :blush-anim-cl: The 14 seconds one had let me think that it would maybe be a commercial waste, without any Mika side in it, but it is not the case at all! I absolutely love the song :wub2:

When I heard it, I recognized immediatly the guy I "know", in one of his sides: the funny and joyfull one. I'm too much a newbie to be able to compare with the "old" Mika of 2007 or shortly after, but this song is very 20013-2014 Mika for me (don't know him from before :wink2:), and I love it!

I love the rythm so much, and the melody is so beautifull! Like many of you, I love when he is getting higher in the middle part of the song (this note on the "à faire" words :swoon:) and start shouting. I think the parts of song are really well organized, and I also love the flamenco guitar in it. Thanks Kendji :mf_rosetinted:

I have to say that I'm keeping playing the song since yesterday, I have been addicted to it so easily, that shows how "well done" the song is made :aah:

Concerning the lyrics, that's the first time that NO WORD is letting me feel unconfortable in a French song of Mika. I usually have troubles with a few words that I don't like or that I find so bad that I'm almost ashamed of them ("on me coupe la lumière quoi que je paie" in Soleil, "la météo" in L'amour dans le mauvais temps, for example :aah:). But here, everything is ok. Of course, as many of you said, the lyrics and the words are quite simple, but I love them like that for THIS song: No need to make a Soleil mal luné everytime :wink2:

More than 30 pages to catch up with, thank you guys :mf_rosetinted:

here's a resume

- some adore it (cuz you know... it's Mika)

- some love it

- some like it

- some think it's comme-ci comme-ca

- some don't care

- some don't like it

- some hate it

- some are shocked by the lyrics

- some think they are funny

- some adore the lyrics (cuz you know... it's Mika)

- some don't care cuz they have no clue what he's saying

you can thank me for saving you reading 30 pages :naughty: