• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too impressed by the snippet. I don't think Mika does midtempo well and it sounds a bit like he jumped on the Ed Sheeran - Guitar song - bandwagon. Of course I will reserve my full judgement until we get the whole song, however I am not fond of the idea that this will be the first single. I think if he really wants to break the charts anywhere (except Italy because Italy will buy anything) he needs an uptempo anthem. I'm afraid this won't do. But I hope I'm wrong, of course.

I don't think this will be the "first" single (let's not forget that Boum Boum Boum was the first single.. right?) I am expecting the full song with the album (in February?) and not anytime sooner, because I've seen other artists do the same before (i.e. releasing a bit of a song in a commercial without it ending up as a single).

Releasing a single like this is not wise and knowing Mika, he'll probably not release anything that sounds like this, so mellow, as a single.

I can be wrong, of course.

I don't think this will be the "first" single (let's not forget that Boum Boum Boum was the first single.. right?) I am expecting the full song with the album (in February?) and not anytime sooner, because I've seen other artists do the same before (i.e. releasing a bit of a song in a commercial without it ending up as a single).

Releasing a single like this is not wise and knowing Mika, he'll probably not release anything that sounds like this, so mellow, as a single.

I can be wrong, of course.

I don't count BBB as a single. That was just to cash in on the Voice:naughty:.

And I do expect the album sooner than that. At least before the Montreal shows. So either way, he is going to have to come out with something VERY soon.

And well...we had Celebrate as a first single.:mf_rosetinted:

I don't count BBB as a single. That was just to cash in on the Voice:naughty:.

And I do expect the album sooner than that. At least before the Montreal shows. So either way, he is going to have to come out with something VERY soon.

But BBB is gonna be on the album, right? Anyway, I'd love to get the album sooner (obviously), but I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed.. I'll keep February in my head as earliest possibility until he announces the release date. Because we all know how well Mika handles "soon" :mf_rosetinted:

And well...we had Celebrate as a first single.:mf_rosetinted:

Can we please forget about that? :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

M- "Nella vita è importante cambiare"

Me: mmm...I know this voice...

M- " Ho sempre voluto il massimo"

Me: aaahhh!! Mikaaa!! and that song... It's brand new!!

I love it!!! :aah:

just quoting myself from the other thread re. what i think of the snippet. ;)

it reminds me of another band. i just don't know which yet. *goes to listen again*

edit: ah yes, no surprise... :aah: empire of the sun, "we are the people". that's what it reminds me of. don't like that song, but the mika song sounds good so far. not like a new fave, but radio-friendly still not too commercial. :thumb_yello:

unlike some others, i could imagine this song very well on the radio. for christmas, something mellow would be just right, no? sure, personally i love his uptempo songs like love today or lywid. but i don't know why the radio stations and the public should only like a dance song from him. that empire of the sun song was a huge hit after all.

Edited by mellody

So I just wanted to ask you this and I feel like this may be the place:

Does someone hear what exactly he is singing?

I hear:

"Watch the sunset, don't know if you can (or care?)

Here I stand, staring at the sun, distant land, staring at the sun

[another lyric that I can't hear at all]"

and then of course "Three is a magic number" :naughty:

Watch the sunset

Don't know if you care

[...]

Here I stand, staring at the sun

Distant land, staring at the sun

The same one...

:blush-anim-cl:

Dreamy song! not going to be released as first single imo but it's still a beautiful taste of album 4

Watch the sunset

Don't know if you care

[...]

The same one...

Dreamy song! not going to be released as first single imo but it's still a beautiful taste of album 4

Wow thank you! :huglove: Now the message of the song makes sense haha :doh:

Watch the sunset

Don't know if you care

[...]

The same one...

Thanks! :huglove:

I hope the album is varied like the previous ones and this is not some new sound for Mika because I really do not like Empire of the Sun and this tempo does not showcase Mika's vocals. It sounds just like everyone else - and not in a mainstream pop kind of way but in a mediocre singer kind of way. Normally I do not judge songs on snippets but I've heard enough with Kids to think the whole song is not going to be radically different from first impressions.

I understand that TV exposure is one of the things necessary to sell records these days but it is not sufficient. People decide they like music enough to buy it because they like it, they don't buy anything just because it's in a TV advert. I hope there is a stronger song than this to hook people on this record.

I hope the album is varied like the previous ones and this is not some new sound for Mika because I really do not like Empire of the Sun and this tempo does not showcase Mika's vocals. It sounds just like everyone else - and not in a mainstream pop kind of way but in a medicore singer kind of way. Normally I do not judge songs on snippets but I've heard enough with Kids to think the whole song is not going to be radically different from first impressions.

I understand that TV exposure is one of the things necessary to sell records these days but it is not sufficient. People decide they like music enough to buy it because they like it, they don't buy anything just because it's in a TV advert. I hope there is a stronger song than this to hook people on this record.

I'm agree with you Christine :thumb_yello:

I hope the album is varied like the previous ones and this is not some new sound for Mika because I really do not like Empire of the Sun and this tempo does not showcase Mika's vocals. It sounds just like everyone else - and not in a mainstream pop kind of way but in a mediocre singer kind of way. Normally I do not judge songs on snippets but I've heard enough with Kids to think the whole song is not going to be radically different from first impressions.

I couldn't agree more, it sounds quite mediocre and doesn't suit his voice

agree with you

snippet is too short & Mika talks too much :teehee:... i can't hear it well enough to say if i like it or not.

Same here. I'm trying not to judge on what I've heard so far.

For the first time of my life, I wish Mika could shut up. :aah:

:lmfao: I was thinking the same thing!