No Place In Heaven: Chart thread for album and singles

Marilyn Mastin

I want to know the accurate sales figures too,but have no clue to find,and I just get the info of NPIH's sales from this web: http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm If the new album drop out of the chart,we even don't know how many copies are sold in worldwide :doh:

Ok! Good to know! Thanks DongDong

Sadly what I feared would happen without follow up promo, like tv ads, has happened. NPIH has dropped out of the UK top 40 to #69  :sad:

No 67, Rose (not that two places makes much difference)

I was talking to someone in HMV yesterday who said the deluxe edition was discontinued as soon as they had the first delivery :blink:

Ugh,sad to hear that,it is a little bit like what TOOL did in UK again :( ........Just hope the next single release in UK will be the right track and help the album ;)

I can't understand it. Mika did all that promo in the UK, but there are hardly any copies of the album out there, even if people wanted to buy them.

It's like the record company don't want Mika to be successful.

Without an advert on TV, the attention has gone away from Mika. I'm gutted for him. 

Glad about the worldwide sales though. At least that's good.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I can't understand it. Mika did all that promo in the UK, but there are hardly any copies of the album out there, even if people wanted to buy them.

It's like the record company don't want Mika to be successful.

Without an advert on TV, the attention has gone away from Mika. I'm gutted for him. 

Glad about the worldwide sales though. At least that's good.

I thought the same thing, Marilyn.

I think the only hope for Mika would be for one of the tracks to be picked up by an advertising company (and I don't mean an instrumental part)

I thought the same thing, Marilyn.

I think the only hope for Mika would be for one of the tracks to be picked up by an advertising company (and I don't mean an instrumental part)

I absolutely agree.

I would never stand in front of Mika and try and tell him what to do. I'm just discussing what I've been thinking about, on here.

So we know that these days, there are other ways to get hits. Popular Song is a case in point. The video is certified now. A phenomenal success. So we know a video on YT can become a hit.

So a really good video of NPIH, with his matchless voice, could get the song out there.

I think that's the reason why he released the videos of LP and GG, to give them a chance on the net.

But NPIH could be the song to do it for him, judging by the reaction of the fans on here, to NPIH..

Yes yes, he also needs an ad on UKTV. What he really needs are sponsors. Ones who believe in him as a singer-songwriter, not just as a designer. Designing something for them may be a way in for him, but an ad with one of his songs on could be a way to get his music on TV.

Swatch, for example, could put an ad on UKTV, with a Mika track, and a caption to tell people it's Mika singing, and also the track title. I never understood why the ad with Uw playing, wasn't shown on UKTV. But it is what he needs.

He's said himself, regarding USA, that they have been the biggest supporters of his music. Putting his songs onto ads and TV shows, also movies. It all helps.

Remember he's also in Zoolander 2. That should at least generate some publicity, and I think he will be great in the film, even if it's only a small part.

His record company suck. There's no other way to say that. They've let him down and don't deserve him. But with his own intelligence, charisma, and the contacts he has, or can make in the future, maybe there is a way he can succeed without them.

We have to hope so. We can't loose him!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

I absolutely agree.

I would never stand in front of Mika and try and tell him what to do. I'm just discussing what I've been thinking about, on here.

So we know that these days, there are other ways to get hits. Popular Song is a case in point. The video is certified now. A phenomenal success. So we know a video on YT can become a hit.

So a really good video of NPIH, with his matchless voice, could get the song out there.

I think that's the reason why he released the videos of LP and GG, to give them a chance on the net.

But NPIH could be the song to do it for him, judging by the reaction of the fans on here, to NPIH..

Yes yes, he also needs an ad on UKTV. What he really needs are sponsors. Ones who believe in him as a singer-songwriter, not just as a designer. Designing something for them may be a way in for him, but an ad with one of his songs on could be a way to get his music on TV.

Swatch, for example, could put an ad on UKTV, with a Mika track, and a caption to tell people it's Mika singing, and also the track title. I never understood why the ad with Uw playing, wasn't shown on UKTV. But it is what he needs.

He's said himself, regarding USA, that they have been the biggest supporters of his music. Putting his songs onto ads and TV shows, also movies. It all helps.

Remember he's also in Zoolander 2. That should at least generate some publicity, and I think he will be great in the film, even if it's only a small part.

His record company suck. There's no other way to say that. They've let him down and don't deserve him. But with his own intelligence, charisma, and the contacts he has, or can make in the future, maybe there is a way he can succeed without them.

:yeah: AMEN!!  :wub:

Love,love

me

I absolutely agree.

Yeah, I really wish Mika's album could be advertised on TV here.  More TV promotion would be a huge bonus.  In fact, ANY kind of promotion would be great here - more TV and radio interviews, more magazine articles, more gigs...these would all be really appreciated here.

I also think NPIH would do well as a single, it was cool to hear it played on Radio Scotland.  In my opinion, Promiseland would also make an awesome single.  That's one of my favourites from the album.

Yeah, I really wish Mika's album could be advertised on TV here.  More TV promotion would be a huge bonus.  In fact, ANY kind of promotion would be great here - more TV and radio interviews, more magazine articles, more gigs...these would all be really appreciated here.

I also think NPIH would do well as a single, it was cool to hear it played on Radio Scotland.  In my opinion, Promiseland would also make an awesome single.  That's one of my favourites from the album.

Promiseland is fantastic. Once again I ask the question. Why, having heard all the songs, did the record company think Talk About You should be the lead single?

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

Promiseland is fantastic. Once again I ask the question. Why, having heard all the songs, did the record company think Talk About You should be the lead single?

Maybe they thought it was the most upbeat sounding and sounded most like Mika's older songs?  Personally I quite like TAY; it's cheerful and summer-y sounding.  But, like you said, there are better songs on the album which could have been better singles.  Promiseland is just so edgy.

Maybe they thought it was the most upbeat sounding and sounded most like Mika's older songs?  Personally I quite like TAY; it's cheerful and summer-y sounding.  But, like you said, there are better songs on the album which could have been better singles.  Promiseland is just so edgy.

I think you are right, and this is also the problem. It's like they decide, "what's the most Mika-ish song on the album?" Then they choose that one. In other words, the song that sounds the most like the songs on LICM.

But it's never a good idea to not let the artist evolve. Mika will always write some clappy-happy-pop-songs, but he's capable of so much more too. It's like the record company are afraid of taking the chance on his more edgier, or more melodic or thought-provoking work. The songs they release, and that people hear on some radio stations, are not letting people know about Mika's amazing repertoire as a songwriter, or that as a singer, he has a true soul in his voice. They want Mika to be just the guy who sings the fun pop songs, not the beautiful, all-round musician that we know he is.

This is where they let him down in the choice of singles, and have done so, ever since TBWKTM.

I think you are right, and this is also the problem. It's like they decide, "what's the most Mika-ish song on the album?" Then they choose that one. In other words, the song that sounds the most like the songs on LICM.

But it's never a good idea to not let the artist evolve. Mika will always write some clappy-happy-pop-songs, but he's capable of so much more too. It's like the record company are afraid of taking the chance on his more edgier, or more melodic or thought-provoking work. The songs they release, and that people hear on some radio stations, are not letting people know about Mika's amazing repertoire as a songwriter, or that as a singer, he has a true soul in his voice. They want Mika to be just the guy who sings the fun pop songs, not the beautiful, all-round musician that we know he is.

This is where they let him down in the choice of singles, and have done so, ever since TBWKTM.

All She Wants or Girl, you're the devil would be good singles in my opinion....they always make me feel like dancing ....

Yeah, all she wants or rio would've been my choice for a summer single. Or promiseland. Anyway, i hope npih will be a single towards autumn / christmas.

I had thought, as soon as I heard NPIH, that it would make a great Christmas single in the UK. Christmas is the only time, in the UK, that anyone can get away with releasing anything that is even remotely Christian. What makes it seem Christian is his reference to "Father." Christianity is the only faith that refers to God as "Father". Because of our multi-faith society in Britain today, 'The Powers That Be' are terrified of offending other faiths, by, seemingly, promoting Christianity, so they ignore anything religious. But at Christmas NPIH would be acceptable to everyone.

First of all,, it's not a traditional Christmas song. It wasn't written for Christmas. It's more generic. It doesn't talk about the manger, Jesus and Mary.

2nd of all. It doesn't go the way of Santa Claus, snowmen and presents.

3rd of all. All faiths believe in an afterlife. There is no way anyone could take offence at this song. 

Finally. It's a beautiful song, and released as a Christmas single, it would, in future years, be played at Christmas and get onto all the future Christmas compilation albums. Let's face it, at Christmas, doesn't everyone get sick and tired of the same old Christmas songs? Wouldn't everyone want something different, especially when it is so beautiful? This is the way to go. If only the record company could grow some brain cells and realise this.

• Like 2

I had thought, as soon as I heard NPIH, that it would make a great Christmas single in the UK. Christmas is the only time, in the UK, that anyone can get away with releasing anything that is even remotely Christian. What makes it seem Christian is his reference to "Father." Christianity is the only faith that refers to God as "Father". Because of our multi-faith society in Britain today, 'The Powers That Be' are terrified of offending other faiths, by, seemingly, promoting Christianity, so they ignore anything religious. But at Christmas NPIH would be acceptable to everyone.

First of all,, it's not a traditional Christmas song. It wasn't written for Christmas. It's more generic. It doesn't talk about the manger, Jesus and Mary.

2nd of all. It doesn't go the way of Santa Claus, snowmen and presents.

3rd of all. All faiths believe in an afterlife. There is no way anyone could take offence at this song. 

Finally. It's a beautiful song, and released as a Christmas single, it would, in future years, be played at Christmas and get onto all the future Christmas compilation albums. Let's face it, at Christmas, doesn't everyone get sick and tired of the same old Christmas songs? Wouldn't everyone want something different, especially when it is so beautiful? This is the way to go. If only the record company could grow some brain cells and realise this.

Agreed! :thumb_yello: Let's hope his record company think about this massive song to be a single! :wub: And I have a question,it seems MIKA has changed his record company in UK? NPIH was released by Virgin EMI,but I couldn't found him in the Artists list on Virgin website...... :shocked:

Agreed! :thumb_yello: Let's hope his record company think about this massive song to be a single! :wub: And I have a question,it seems MIKA has changed his record company in UK? NPIH was released by Virgin EMI,but I couldn't found him in the Artists list on Virgin website...... :shocked:

No improvement there then (regarding the record company and their treatment of Mika)

I've been thinking, all day, about if the song NPIH was a Christmas single.

I imagine a beautiful video with a Christmas tree and a choir that, maybe, look a bit angelic, in white robes. Something to really stand out at Christmas. 

I wish I worked for his record company.

I might suggest NPIH as a Christmas single, to Mika on Twitter. That's the best I can do.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

No improvement there then (regarding the record company and their treatment of Mika)

I've been thinking, all day, about if the song NPIH was a Christmas single.

I imagine a beautiful video with a Christmas tree and a choir that, maybe, look a bit angelic, in white robes. Something to really stand out at Christmas. 

I wish I worked for his record company.

I might suggest NPIH as a Christmas single, to Mika on Twitter. That's the best I can do.

OMG I totally agree with you!  Come to think of it, NPIH would be a great Christmas single.  I really think Mika should release a proper Christmas single sometime, instead of just covers of old songs (though his cover of Let It Snow is brilliant).  Can't believe we're talking about Christmas songs in July!  :huh:

Marilyn, you'd be great on his record company!  You seem so passionate about Mika's promo in the UK, and I really wish his album was doing better here.

OMG I totally agree with you!  Come to think of it, NPIH would be a great Christmas single.  I really think Mika should release a proper Christmas single sometime, instead of just covers of old songs (though his cover of Let It Snow is brilliant).  Can't believe we're talking about Christmas songs in July!  :huh:

Marilyn, you'd be great on his record company!  You seem so passionate about Mika's promo in the UK, and I really wish his album was doing better here.

I've never understood why Mika didn't take advantage of the Christmas market. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Each year (for example) songs like The Fairytale of New York, regularly get into the charts. Christmas songs are always included on Christmas compilation albums, even such tired old tracks as Merry Christmas Everybody, by Slade.

I know NPIH wasn't written as a Christmas song, but it could be one, with the right video. Stay Another Day by E17 wasn't a Christmas song either, but some record person had the brainwave to release it as one, with a festive video of the guys, and it's never faded away.

Mika doesn't need to cover anyone else's song. He's able to write his own. He should take advantage of a time of year when people are so desperate for a decent song, they'll even download the X Factor winner's song. 

So come on Mika, how about it? I did a tweet about it. I hope it got lots of rts.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

In the UK the album has dropped to #90

That's because not enough people know it exists.  And nobody apart from HMV seems to be stocking the physical CD.

In the UK the album has dropped to #90

:doh: It's a tragedy!!!  :( And I agree with Silver, and her explanation, why this happens!! Imo, it's a crime to MIKA - and his fab. alb. :shocked:  

Love,love

me

That's because not enough people know it exists.  And nobody apart from HMV seems to be stocking the physical CD.

I've given up hoping for more from his record company. They are a disgrace! I'm hoping Mika's other avenues of self-promotion might bring him, at least, some attention. He's more than just a popstar. I think we need to see the bigger picture and trust that Mika knows what he's doing.

But if I was Mika, I'd get shut of that record company. They are about as much good to him as a chocolate teapot would be, if he wanted a cup of tea.

I just saw a tweet from @chartnews

WW sales @mikasounds No Place In Heaven (109,000 total)

Very good!

:) How nice!  :thumb_yello:  But I do feel sad, about the fact that my country seems to be left out in the (winter) cold, re. MIKAs new wonderful NPIH  :doh: Still nothing heard or read about it here - it's hard to believe, and even worse to accept... :sneaky2:

Love,love

me

if it should be the sale worldwide, it is not very good . I ask where are the buyings from the fans on fb and twitter? but true words about his company

Edited by Littlelady