Mika @ Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October 2015

mari62

In case you haven't seen, we've organized a drinks get-together for just before this gig. It will be chaotic I'm sure, as there will be so many of us, but it would be a shame if we didn't at least TRY to all get together for a bit. There probably won't be any chance of it at the gig itself. We will have more than 120 fans from more than 15 countries at this show, which I think is just amazing! I'm looking forward to saying "hello" to those of you I've never met yet, and "hello again!" to those I haven't seen in a while! :excite:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32191-london-pre-show-pub-meet/?p=4025324

• Like 4

Don't think that receiving our tickets will give us the guarantee that the concert will happen.

But I'm quite sure this concert will not be postponed.

That's what I said, until he cancelled 2 gigs in London. :aah:

It sounds like it's just a cold though and he's getting some rest so hopefully he'll be good to go next week. :crossed:

Just received an email to say my tickets have been dispatched... or should I say 'Kath's' tickets. :thumb_yello:

I think there will be a lot of ticket swapping going on! I got my email too :thumb_yello:

I think my tickets are coming by way of San Francisco so not sure there will be enough time.

Does anyone in the UK know why they have this weird ticketing procedure? I have never encountered this in North America, not even in the early 1980s. Why don't they just issue tickets the minute they are purchased? Why do they have to "wait for the tickets to arrive" as if they are being pressed in gold by the Royal Mint and not just printed off of any old printer? Even if they are still stuck back 3 decades ago when you couldn't email tickets or show them from your phone, there is still no reason that I can fathom why the tickets are not printed and shipped immediately.

• Like 2

I think my tickets are coming by way of San Francisco so not sure there will be enough time.

Does anyone in the UK know why they have this weird ticketing procedure? I have never encountered this in North America, not even in the early 1980s. Why don't they just issue tickets the minute they are purchased? Why do they have to "wait for the tickets to arrive" as if they are being pressed in gold by the Royal Mint and not just printed off of any old printer? Even if they are still stuck back 3 decades ago when you couldn't email tickets or show them from your phone, there is still no reason that I can fathom why the tickets are not printed and shipped immediately.

:yeah:

Christine, we all ask ourselves these questions. Don't get what's the problem with just issuing online tickets. :doh: as for your tickets, it should be possible that you contact them and ask them to have your tickets at the venue box office ready for you on the gig day, if you don't get them in time cause you're travelling. But well, seetickets, that's a neverending story on this tour. :aah:

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's supposed to stop people putting them on ebay. The theory being you won't have time to post them again between you getting them and the concert date. Which completely screws people like me because although mine is only going within the UK, it's going to my parents house because I didn't know where I'd be living when I booked it so my parents have to post them again to me. And obviously it's rubbish for anyone like you outside the UK where your tickets have to go so far away, it take about 3 weeks for anything I order from America to arrive here so sending them out 10 days before is hopeless. I have a feeling the venue is going to have to produce a fair amount of tickets next sunday.

Edit: Just to clarify, I read it back and realised I sound homeless, I'm a student on a placement year so had to find a room in Oxford at fairly short notice.

Edited by luvin mika 4eva
  • Like 4

If I track my order, it seems i have to collect my ticket at the venue 

It's fine but.....It isn't only me, right?  :naughty:  Because I read other Italian people got email saying they are shipping it at home 

I got email, but because I asked their Customer Care not to ship, because I preferred to pick them up at the venue, I don't know if anyone has received the email without asking for this solution.

I got email, but because I asked their Customer Care not to ship, because I preferred to pick them up at the venue, I don't know if anyone has received the email without asking for this solution.

oh, they did it without me asking them to do it ... they are too kind   :naughty:

Just a bit worried that my name is printed on the tickets, which are going to someone else ....

I've been to quite a few concerts at different venues & have never been asked for ID to prove I am the person named on the ticket, even though venues often say they will ask. I hope that reassures you a bit :)

Edited by mysti1990